Start by marking “The Darkest Hour” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Hour

The Darkest Hour

Phae is a girl unlike any other. Her father is the most powerful mage in the realm, and her mother is a member of the Lintari a small, secretive band of warriors bound to the earth as its sworn guardians. With such powerful blood inside her, growing up was never going to be easy.

But when her powers bring about catastrophe and the death of her tutor, Phae finally decides
Published October 20th 2018 by Michael Ryder

Start your review of The Darkest Hour
Debbie Mussett
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible book. The Darkest Hour is a must read. As you turn the initial pages you are drawn in by a simple sentence that reads; 'In a cold dark depths of space, an ancient evil stirs from its slumber' This hook leads you to the Prologue that immediately stirs a desire to continue on into the story and join the characters on their perilous journey to fight evil. The characters cleverly intertwine with each other throughout the story. The plot twists and turns leaving you second guessing ...more
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished!!! As you start to turn the pages of this novel, time vanishes! You will soon become whisked away on a hard wrought journey alongside the young Phae, to the point that you loose track of all else around you. For me this meant reading right through dinner, strictly and straight into the evening!
While reading you can truly imagine the situations as they unfold in your minds eye. Developing such an empathy for the plight of the Callum, Aaron, Lena and Phae.
To which I must add, I
Kate Milroy
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It's a really good and original fantasy with an engaging storyline. It gets you hooked quickly and I found it hard to put down. I'd recommend it to anybody who enjoys fantasy including books like Harry Potter.
Sam Dolan
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5, the world building and scope is really impressive. I found some of the personal relationships a little run of the mill but it was a fun read and a real achievement. Proof that self publishing isn't about vanity projects but real talent getting a platform.
Dec Lloyd
Oct 21, 2018
Oct 21, 2018
Oct 26, 2018
M.J. Ryder
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ashley

• The Silence of the Girls
  • The Forgotten Girl
  • Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City
  • The Last
  • No Way (Frank Kitteridge #2)
  • The Rumour
  • The Sword in the Stone (The Once and Future King, #1)
  • The Psychology of Time Travel
Born in deepest darkest Thanet, M.J.Ryder now lives and works in Lancaster (UK) where he is reading for a PhD in English Literature. His website is www.mjryder.net.

News & Interviews