Start by marking “Devoted to Love (Devoted Lovers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devoted to Love (Devoted Lovers, #2)

Devoted to Love

(Devoted Lovers #2)

He was sent to guard her body… he didn’t expect her to steal his heart.

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 336 pages
Published July 2nd 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Devoted to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devoted to Love

Start your review of Devoted to Love (Devoted Lovers, #2)
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
🔥5 hot stars🔥

I loved it so much, it was super hot,passionate and sensual!I loved how the characters met in the wedding and I liked that they were flirty with each other! I was hooked and I couldn’t put it down because I simply loved Josiah and Maggie!

description

I couldn’t get enough of these two they were so hot together!Whenever these two were together it was like an explosion! They are my new top favorite couple and I wish we had more of them!

This goes to my favorite books, I love Shayla’s books but f
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Good story with a suspenseful ending.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I looked up the list of books by the author I was surprised at how many books she has written. I need to grab a few more as I really enjoy her writing.

This upcoming book has a great mixture of romance and suspense going on to keep the interest level high. The author gave us some great characters that were not perfect by any means. In fact, Maggie had some issues that prevented her from being a character I enjoyed as much as
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Devoted to Love is a standalone book in the Devoted Lovers series. First two books in the series focus on the guys at the EM Security company.

First book is focused on Cutter Bryant and actress, Shealyn West. Book 2 is Josiah Grant and Magnolia West's story. Maggie is Shealyns sister. The book starts out right with Maggie and Josiah meeting at her sisters wedding to Cutter.

As the wedding is located at Maggie and Shealyns grandparents farm, The guys of EM Security learn of the Enlightenment Field
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"The truth was, everything about him flipped her switch. Even when she didn't want to want him, she did."

Josiah had no idea that his wedding hookup would turn into an assignment. He knew that it was frowned upon to mix business with pleasure with the woman he was protecting, but "The lust bug had bitten him hard." She knew exactly how to push his buttons and she did it well.

Maggie is a pistol and she gave Josiah a run for his money. Watching her wind him up was very entertaining. And see
Lover of Romance
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Berkley Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Devoted To Love is the second book in this new series of Shayla Black's and boy I actually haven't read this author on her own. I, of course, have read other books where she has co-authored novels, however, this is the first time I took a chance and picked her up on her own and
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-2019-reads
Shayla Black is a TOP favorite author of mine. She has been for some time now... You really can't go wrong with any of her books. To me, they hold just about everything that a romance should, and then some and Devoted to Love was no different. It held suspense, thrill, hot as hell steamy scenes, and a blinded love story that I could not get enough of. Ms. Black weaves her words together and creates and masters everything she writes and with each book of hers she proves to me she can write just a ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
I absolutely love when I get sucked into a story and it doesn't let go until the very last word, and that is exactly what happened with this book.

This book had everything from two likable characters, a whole lot of suspense, some crazy AF people to keep things interesting, the I'm supposed to protect you not fall for you drama, to a whole bunch of sexy time in and out of the bed!

There is no question as to why Shayla Black is one of my absolute FAVORITE authors. When I start one of her books I ha
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Who’s looking for a sexy AF romantic suspense? One-click Devoted to Love right now. Seriously, you need to meet Josiah and Maggie.

Josiah’s trying to find his way in the private sector. He’s not looking for love, but there’s just something about Maggie he can’t resist.

And Maggie takes one look at tall, dark and sexy AF Josiah and she’s on board with whatever her body demands. And her heart too.

Josiah and Maggie fall in love under the most precarious of situations. And though it feels real, is it
Avid Reader
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devoted to Love (Devoted Lovers #2) by Shayla Black
M/F Romance
Triggers: Cult thinking, Murder, Kidnapping
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Nadine Bookaholic

Sheila Melo
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FINAL DECISION: Enjoyable story, sexy, sexy times with a suspense/mystery story that kept me interested throughout. I liked these characters and how they reluctantly fall for one another.

THE STORY: Weddings are a natural place for hookups. When sister of the bride, Magnolia West and friend of the groom Josiah Grant agree to a no-commitments, no regrets one night stand, they don't anticipate that there is something really strong between them. Two people who have been hurt and closed off end up sp
Erin Lewis
5 Star reviews of Devoted To Love (Devoted Lovers #2) by Shayla Black

I fell hard and fast for special operative and bodyguard Josiah Grant; he ticked all the boxes for me and I found him to be totally swoon worthy.
Magnolia West has made mistakes in the past and hooking up at her sister’s wedding isn’t really the best idea, but when she meets Josiah, she cannot help herself, after all it’s only for the night. What's the worst that could happen?.
The chemistry between Josiah and Maggie is of the
Jessica Alcazar
I’m a sucker for the whole bodyguard trope in romance fiction. Pretty sure it’s the breaking of the rules and its prohibited nature LOL It makes the story sexy for me and Devoted to Love did not disappoint!

Maggie and Josiah were quite the match. They sparked in all the right ways. It was both entertaining and sexy to read them. The mysterious/suspenseful/captivating group causing all kinds of havoc for Maggie and her family was written perfectly. The story was equal parts exciting on that front
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sexy romantic suspense…

The heat between Maggie and Josiah started high and it never lowered. A wedding was the perfect time for romance but, initially, that is not what either of them said they wanted. A quick fling, some fond memories and then they would go their separate ways. All was grand until annoying emotions got in the way…

Shayla Black knew how to weave suspense and sexy in just the right doses as Maggie and Josiah wound their way through a landmine of love obstacles as well as life-thre
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Devoted to Love by Shayla Black is book Two in the Devoted Lovers Series. This is the story of Magnolia West and Josiah Grant. I have read (and Loved!) the previous book and you do see where Magnolia and Josiah meet at the end of that book, but I feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Magnolia and Josiah hook up at the wedding both thinking a quick hot encounter but it ends up being more. Magnolia's grandparents and near by other farmers are having some trouble from a gro
Sandy S
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Release Date: July 2, 2019

4 stars

He was sent to guard her body… he didn’t expect her to steal his heart.

Her sister’s wedding was hardly the place to find a hook up, but after one look at friend-of-the-groom and special operative Josiah Grant, small-town Texas beauty Magnolia West immediately fell in lust. After a stunningly sensual night together, Maggie is prepared for the two of them to go their separate ways. After all, she’s not a happily-ever-after kind of girl. But Josiah—and danger—chang
Eva Millien
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her sister’s wedding is hardly the place to find a hook up, but after a stunningly sensual night together, Magnolia West is prepared for them to go their separate ways. He isn’t looking for love, but Maggie rouses Josiah Grant’s body and stirs his heart. A smart man would steer clear, but the murder quotient in Kendall County is rising and all signs point to a mysterious group who have been harassing Maggie’s family, so he can’t leave her unprotected.

Following these two strong, vivid characters
Melanie Marnell
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devoted to Love is sensuous, seductive, exciting with a good measure of action tossed in. All things that Shayla Black excels in. She spins yet another powerful tale filled with intrigue, suspense, danger and romance. Josiah and Maggie are so explosive together that I thought my tablet might catch fire. Whew!! Outstanding characters, equally excellent storyline with some familiar Wicked Lovers characters and a couple of new faces thrown in...it doesn't get any better than that.
Darcy
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
This one was better than the first book, but I still had a hard time buying into the insta-love, especially considering the past of both characters. I found I was more investing in how far the cult next door would go to get the family land and how did not everyone in town not see what was happening.
Kari Hansen
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While attending her sister’s wedding Magnolia was not expecting her attraction to Josiah, a friend of the groom’s, or that they would enjoy a steamy wedding night even if they weren’t the bride and groom. They both have their reasons, but neither of them was looking for anything more than one night until suspicious activity in town has Josiah investigating what is going on.

Magnolia’s grandparents are being pressured into selling their land and they aren’t the only ones. Josiah is determined to f
Margie
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Josiah Grant and Maggie West first met at Maggie's sister's wedding. It was "lust-at-first-sight! A one night hook-up just wasn't enough for Maggie and Josiah. Complications from a cult-like group very aggressively trying to buy Maggie's grandparents' ranch meant Josiah had to go into protective mode. With assistance from fellow operatives from FM Security he set out to solve the problem. Maggie was determined to help. That led to more complications but didn't stop the hot, sexy nights.

Devoted
WycEd Reader
Check out our Devoted to Love post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆☆☆
M/F Romance

Magnolia (Maggie) and Josiah are an unlikely couple. Maggie has been raised by her grandparents and loves living on the ranch with them. With her famous sister now married, Maggie knows that life will go back to being the same and different, all at once. With a relationship with her own mom that’s strained, even though Maggie knows that her mom is trying intellec
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
Thankyou Goodreads and Shayla Black for giving me an arc copy thru a giveaway of this book. I never expected to win that one. Shayla Black is one of my all time favorite authors. I will read anything that she writes. They are always 5 star books for me. She has a way with words and love scenes like no other author.

In the previous book in this series we don't learn much about Maggie. We know she hashad her heart broken by her mother and has an overprotective sister.
I love how this book starts off
April Symes
Devoted to Love by Shayla Black is book 2 in the Devoted Lovers series. This is the story of Magnolia(Maggie) West and Josiah Grant.
Josiah and Maggie first met at Maggie's sister's wedding. They ended up having a sizzling one night stand and from there, Maggie ends up becoming Josiah's client. A cult-like group becomes very aggressive in trying to buy Maggie's grandparents' ranch and uses intimidation tactics and threats in doing so which put Maggie and her family in danger. Josiah is determined
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Josiah Grant doesn't do love or relationships, he traveled down that path once and he still feels the burn from it every once in a while... and it's not something he wants to try a second time. But after a chance meeting at a clients wedding he begins to rethink his stance on relationships, the moment Maggie wanders into his view, he is completely taken with her and her feisty attitude. But she too has her hang-ups about love, and swears she just wasn't cut out for it...

But when danger strikes
 Reading In Pajamas
Review: DEVOTED TO LOVE: A Devoted Lovers Novel by Shayla Black https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-baU
Publication Date: July 2, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4.5 Stars

This was my first Devoted Lovers book and I had no problems keeping up with the characters. The beginning started like any other “meet at a wedding” trope, but the hints of upcoming danger added a nice edge. The smoking hot sex scenes also built onto the growing tension. Josiah is a Dom, but that di
Anne Z.
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Let's just start by saying I am a very picky b*** when it comes to romantic suspense. On my teen years suspense and mystery were pretty much all I read and I think it stained me for life. If it drags even a little I just can't do it. And the middle section of this book certainly dragged.

That being said, the romance was sweet, believable, and the characters were more than likable. They were far from perfect but their imperfections also made them relatable.
Josiah was there for protection, but his
Mary Mooney
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For Josiah finding love was not something he was looking for but spending the night with Maggie would be the perfect way to end his time at his friend/coworkers wedding. When he first saw Maggie he felt something deep inside but he didn't want to listen to his true feelings. He had been burned before.
Maggie didn't believe that love was in her future. When she loved someone, they left her. Except for her grandparents and her sister. She lived with her grandparents and her sister just ma
Renee Entress
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, twists & turns, steam, suspense, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Devoted to Pleasure (Devoted Lovers #1)
Devoted to Wicked (Devoted Lovers #2)

This is Maggie and Josiah’s story. Maggie and Josiah meet and have one night and she thought she could walk away after that. But when danger comes calling Josiah is there to help. Neither are looking for love but what happens when the
Ruthie Taylor
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s of pure magic!

This is the second book in the series, and I would recommend that you read them in order, as why would you miss out on any Black goodness? The story starts with the wedding of the two protagonists in book 1, and gives you some insight into the lives of the leads in this story, so really does add something to the story. That said, this would stand up on its own, if you are impatient to start! We also g
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Lost in You (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #3)
  • Enchanted (Masters and Mercenaries, #18.5)
  • Long Lost (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten #4)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
  • Wrecked With You (Stark Security, #4)
  • Charmed (Masters and Mercenaries #20.5)
  • Broken With You (Stark Security, #2)
  • Once Upon a Time in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #8)
  • Butterfly Bayou (Butterfly Bayou, #1)
  • Riding the Edge (Wild Riders #3.5)
  • Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys, #10)
  • Tempting Little Tease  (Blackwell-Lyon, #4)
  • Ruined With You (Stark Security, #3)
  • Bayou Baby (Butterfly Bayou #2)
  • I Will Not Beg (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #6)
  • Indulge Me (Stark Ever After #6.3)
  • Naughty Stranger (Dangerous Love, #1)
  • Ignite on Contact (Brotherhood by Fire, #2)
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of nearly eighty novels. For twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreaming, much

Devoted Lovers (2 books)
  • Devoted to Pleasure (Devoted Lovers, #1)