Start by marking “The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know” as Want to Read:

In this perennial bestseller, Seth challenges our assumptions about the nature of reality. He explains how the conscious mind directs unconscious activity and has at its command all the powers of the inner self. Included are excellent exercises for applying these theories to any life situation.
Published May 17th 1994 by Amber-Allen Publ., New World Library (first published December 1st 1974)

To ask other readers questions about The Nature of Personal Reality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nature of Personal Reality

Elizabeth
Jun 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
You know the old question: if you were on an island and could only have one book, which would it be? For me, THE NATURE OF PERSONAL REALITY. I've been studying all manner of faith and religion for years, and this book and the work of Jane Roberts and Seth is the cornerstone of my personal belief system.
Guy
Jan 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: multiple-reads
This is (was?) the single most important book in my life because it came to me when I was a teenager and gave me the idea of the possibility of becoming alive. It is filled with odd sounding exercises that, when done, confirm the veracity of the 'far out' ideas presented by Seth. Once read, the ideas here changed forever and for the better, how I perceived, and how I was able to perceive, life.
Mark Fiore
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've burned through two copies of this book since the mid-1980's. My second copy - beat up, dog-eared, and missing it's cover - is full of highlighted sections. The earlier versions I've read didn't include the "practical techniques" stuff in the title. Because the information presented in this book was CHANNELED through Jane Roberts, I suppose a lot of people dismissed it as crap. I never had a problem with it because the concepts of how our beliefs create our reality are so thoroughly explaine ...more
Jon Mattingly
Oct 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
One of the most important books of the century... or any other. Trust me.
Kelly Enck
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could buy everyone on the planet one book — it would be this one! It is the "how to" create your ideal reality guide. We have the power of gods, but much of what we are contributing to has already been created. Our world is mostly—second hand—physical solid mass. A mass creation stays in place by our attention to it, rather than using our imagination to create. Seth explains all creation —springs up— from within us.

One of the tips given by Seth was to built a "mental city" orbiting outside
Brian
Jan 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Hard to discuss this book without being perceived as a loon. Suffice it to say that this book, along with Seth Speaks, really changed my worldview on...everything. It's a difficult read but one I highly recommend for those with an open mind and a desire to understand the true reality of physical reality. 'nuff said!
Leigh
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was the book that made the world make sense for me. When I was first introduced to the spiritual journey this was the first book I was given and it changed everything.
Randy
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was fundamental in my philosophical development. Whether you believe the spiritual aspects or not, there were some good fundamental practices ensconced in it's pages.
Anji
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I think I may have said this about another book, but if you were to read just one book, this is it! lol. I loved it. It was so rich and enlightening with so much depth on the nature of personal reality, I wouldn't even know where to start describing it. It is hard to believe that it was all written in its final draft. It was really "meaty" with lots to chew on which made it hard for me to get through. There was just so much to think about. I highly recommend it if you can handle "chewing" yo ...more
Steven Walker
Nov 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is another interesting book of the Seth series which gets quite deep in describing aspects of our consciousness. It is not a light read and is in fact a book I can only read in small doses, but it is pretty incredible nonetheless. This is the type of book that you can flip to any page and find something profound.
Christine
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book twenty- five years ago and I am rereading it. It was and is a marvelous piece of writing. The author seems to move aside and let the entity Seath speak through her and the voice is clear.
Shane
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book sharpened my isolated view of reality to the point where I've begun to question the meaning of small objects in the periphery of daily life. Not as comprehensive as Seth Speaks, but definitely a necessary read. Buy it. Read it (pencil in hand).
Mike T
Feb 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have ever read...The exercises work!
Vixieanna
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Seth books!
Plr252
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Techniques to create the reality I want and desire.
Damion Paul Hart
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book has been a lifelong companion.
F.T.
Oct 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I first read this when I was in my 20s, and it blew me away. It changed the way I looked at everything.
Julie Haydon
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book made me think about life differently. I found it uplifting and inspiring. I couldn't read it quickly; I had to stop often to think about what I was reading and how I felt about it.
Debby
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've had to read this over and over again to GET it.I think it will be a book that I will have to continue to read as I mature and will get more out of it as I grow in my spirit.
Seneca
Oct 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Another great Seth book. Really good for information on the nature of reality.
Stargazer
One of the best Seth books
Elaine
Jul 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The wisdom imparted in this book is definitely a keeper ~ and not just in this lifetime.
Lisa
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
You can't come up with a better description of this book than the subtitle: "Specific, practical techniques for solving everyday problems and enriching the life you know."
Little Miss Esoteric
Feb 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
Used to be a favourite, now I think it's a load of purposely confusing, channeled crap. I have nothing against Jane Roberts, I think she was sincere, but Seth is another matter altogether. Before you read this try The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts: A Riveting Investigation Into Channeling and Spirit Guides by Joe Fisher. Now that's an enlightening read.
Angie
Jul 13, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been on-and-off obsessed with the Seth Books for about 15 years, but this is one I own and just can't finish. Or, at least I can't read it cover to cover. It's, like, way over my head, dude. Anyway, I'll continue to do what I've been doing since I bought it 10 years ago - pick it up and take in a few pages to ponder at a time. Totally, utterly fascinating stuff.
Ivan Voras
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Remove the new-agey spiritual mumbo-jumbo ("Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." --Antoine de Saint-Exupery) and this is an extraordinary helpful book! It deals with several themes close to NLP ideas of managing beliefs and states, and touches even on submodalities.
Jean Marie
This has proven to be one of the most influential books in my life. Ever.
Tina
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am sorry I couldn't take this seriously, because anything that happens spiritually in a book where the author has taken drugs or have mental health problems, makes me wonder if this is all actually an illusion of a sick mind. Friends recommended this book as helping them, but since some of them have read this book, I think they have changed to become a little more extreme,,, some have even taken drugs thinking that it helps them, based on this authors experience... I do not recommend this book ...more
Mike S
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: metaphysics
This is one of the best metaphysical books I've ever read. It took me over 2 months to read it because I'd go to a coffee shop to read it, but I'd almost invariably read one or two or three pages then have to stop and reflect on it, how it applied to me, how it explained my past, what new possible future avenues it opened for me. I can't recommend this book highly enough.
Michael
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book informed my thinking a lot recently, particular the chapters on creating new beliefs. I started seeing things around me through the lens of Seth’s teachings, for example, how others’ beliefs in the difficulty of something in life are actually inviting and reinforcing that difficulty’s reality, and how in other cases deficient self-worth could manifest as health trouble. I spent time doing the visioning practices to create new fundamental beliefs for myself, which seems to have worked w ...more
Understanding Life 6 27 Nov 20, 2014 11:05PM
  • The Starseed Transmissions
  • The Book of Love and Creation: A Channeled Text
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • The Toltec Way: A Guide to Personal Transformation
  • Sara Learns the Secret about the Law of Attraction (Sara, #1)
  • Facets of Unity: The Enneagram of Holy Ideas
  • There is a River: The Story of Edgar Cayce
  • Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe

Roberts was born in Saratoga Springs, New York. After attending public schools, she attended Skidmore College. She wrote in a variety of genres: poetry, short stories, children’s literature, and novels. When she was in her 30s, she and her husband began to record what she said were messages from a personality na
“You were born into a state of grace. It is impossible for you to leave it. You will die in a state of grace whether or not special words are spoken for you, or water or oil is poured upon your head. You share this blessing with the animals and all other living things. You cannot fall out of grace, nor can it be taken from you. You can ignore it. You can hold beliefs that blind you to its existence. You will still be graced but unable to perceive you own uniqueness and integrity, and blind also to other attributes with which you are automatically gifted.” 62 likes
“The private experience that you perceive forms your world, period. But which world do you inhabit? For if you altered your private sensations of reality, then that world, seemingly the only one, would also change. You do go through transformations of beliefs all the time, and your perception of the world is different. You seem to be, no longer, the person you that you were. You are quite correct — you are not the person that you were, and your world has changed, and not just symbolically.” 26 likes