Start by marking “Ezaara (Riders of Fire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ezaara (Riders of Fire, #1)

Ezaara

(Riders of Fire #1)

In Lush Valley, it’s a crime to even talk about dragons…

When Ezaara meets Zaarusha the Dragon Queen, she’s swept up in a blaze of color and they imprint, forming a deep bond. She must give up her home and family to become the new Queen’s Rider. Ignorant and unprepared, how can she possibly succeed?

Luckily, she has a dragon master — although rumors say she might be better

Published October 18th 2018 by Phantom Feather Press

To ask other readers questions about Ezaara, please sign up.
Eileen Thanks, that's a great question! Whenever I finish a book, I always want the next one in the series, too. :)

You're in luck. The sequel, Dragon Hero,…more

You're in luck. The sequel, Dragon Hero, is available now on pre-sales, here:

I'm currently writing Silver Dragon & Bronze Dragon, free short stories, which will soon be at EileenMullerAuthor.com

If you sign up, you'll be the first to read them.

The entire series is listed below, however, I'm always having new ideas, so this list may grow.

Riders of Fire Series:
Novellas, in 2019:
5 Dragon Healer
6 Dragon Mage
7 Dragon Calls

Thanks. I hope you enjoy the sequels. (less)

Angela Oliver
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Took me a while to warm to it but once the intrigue started it had me hooked - and kept me reading so late I can barely keep my eyes open. Gripping stuff!

Better review to come :)
Juneta Key
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked on Anne McCaffrey when I was young. Still, love those books, so I gobbled this one up and it delivers, fun, action-packed and characters you love. I want to be a Dragon Rider again. Thank you, Eileen Mueller, for helping me experience that feeling again as a reader. Can't wait to get the next book. Highly recommend.
Lee Murray
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“A great fantasy read,” says Dean O’Gorman, the actor who played Fili the dwarf in Jackson’s cinema version of The Hobbit. And it’s true that lovers of high fantasy fiction will devour Ezaara, the first book in Eileen Mueller’s epic Riders of Fire series. Another YA coming of age story, this book focuses on Ezaara, a teen with healing skills and a competitive streak. Raised in sheltered (almost backward) Lush Valley, one day, out of the blue, she’s whisked away by a dragon, none other than Queen ...more
Dan
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya
A solid tale of adventure and empowerment, with lashings of dragons and monsters and sword fighting and treachery thrown in for good measure. Ezaara is the story of a young girl forced to grow up sooner than she ever thought she would, to don the mantle and responsibility of leadership against overwhelming odds. Looking forward to this series, because these stories of taking charge of our own destinies are the stories our daughters need to be reading.

Charlotte K
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great fun! A fast-paced adventure set in an amazing Swiss-German influenced fantasy setting.
I loved the unique touches of this well-developed world: the distinctive dialog, culture and rituals that set apart from others of this ilk. The book may be called Ezaara, but it is filled with a fascinating cast of other characters, including the wonderful but tortured Master Roberto. The plucky Ithsar was another favourite. I hope to read more of her story in the coming books
A.J.
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was swept away by this epic fantasy - and if you love dragons, I think you'll love it too! :)
Shannon
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an engaging coming-of-age hero’s journey set in a realm of dragons and uniquely, creative magic. While it is definitely Young Adult in themes and action, it is a very well-written, clean read. This fantasy is full of meaningful conflict and satisfying resolution. Ezaara is ripe for film.
M.
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nope
Just look at this fucking cover.

Here's the blurb for you:
In Lush Valley, it’s a crime to even talk about dragons…
When Ezaara meets Zaarusha the Dragon Queen, she’s swept up in a blaze of emotion and they imprint, forming a deep bond. She must give up her home and family to become the new Queen’s Rider. Ignorant and unprepared, how can she possibly succeed?
Luckily, she has a dragon master — although rumors say she might be better off with the enemy.

Plunged into a world of cutthroat politics and
Chris Bridges
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you loved Dragonriders of Pern, grab this book. I read it in on sitting, can't wait for the next one.
Ashley Kough
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy dealing with dragon riding is my absolutely favorite genre, so I read books just like this all of the time. That being said, Ezaara tops the list! I fell in love with the depth of the characters and all the details that make up their lives. The connection they have with the dragons is perfectly balanced, and the whole concept of "being a dragon of fire" ...awesome! I love this book, and can't wait to read the next one in the series. I'll also be buying some of these to give away to frien ...more
Deborah
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ezaara knows there is a plan for more for her life. She just doesn't know that it will be filled with dragons and mystery and adventure! Wonderful adventure story! A story well worth reading! I can't wait to read the second book! I know it will be money well worth spending!
Fiona Andrew
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow

After reading the two novelettes I knew I was in for a great adventure. What an amazing story is unfolding before me. I have not found a series of books to rival the Dragons of Pern until now. The characters are beautifully described and the world they inhabit totally depicted. I was enthralled from page one, fell asleep reading. I highly recommend you grab a copy, curl up in your favourite reading spot and enjoy a fabulous series.
Riley
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. It is an action-packed and fast-pace read. The world was so imaginative and creative. I love the well-developed characters and plot. It was so fun to read and I can’t wait for more.
John
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I just finished the first book in this series . This author has a unique style that I found entertaining and interesting take on Dragons and their riders relationship. I will be reading this series .
LJ Waguespack
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Strong writing, enjoyable fantasy with imaginative world building...good stuff!
Creative world building, strong character driven story, a coming of age story with encouraging potential for series growth. I look forward to reading more asap., work well done Eileen Miller, well done, thank you.
Sabrina Harmon
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling adventure for all ages.

Full of adventure, secret love, and dragons! Loved it so much i couldn't put it down. On to the next book!!!
Margie Murrow
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story. Great characters. I couldn't put the book down until I finished
It now starting the sequel.
Patricia A Spring
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dragons

Intriguing. The story grabbed and held my attention. Fantasy, romance and intrigue this story has it all. A great start to the series
Shari Stevers
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. It held my attention and was almost i!possible to lay down!
Lisa
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome epic fantasy

I give this 4 stars because of the excellent writing. Eileen Mueller has created a wonderful world of magic, adventure, dragons, monsters, spies, traitors, and unforgettable characters. I love the personality and life that she breathed into the characters and especially the dragons. Lots of grand adventure and mystery and love permeates the entire book from beginning to end. I highly recommend this book for all ages.
Connie Huddleston
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ezaara from Eileen Mueller's Riders of Fire series is an excellent beginning for a fantasy revolving around dragons. I found the characters to be well developed, diverse, and interesting. The story/plot flows along to a cliffhanger, urging the reader into the second book in the series. While not a fan of cliffhangers in middle grade books, I recommend this book to upper middle grade/young teen readers, especially those who enjoy multi book series. ...more
Esme
Jul 23, 2019 added it
Read for SPFBO 5 - review and rating to come soonish
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A strong start to the series and a great addition to middle reader fantasy. I enjoyed it very much. It is similar to Anne McCaffrey's Pern books in terms of the relationship between dragons and riders, but not in other ways. There are some creepy monsters and a possible time travel element and I am interested to see where that goes.
Bj Morales
Dec 10, 2018
julie toole
Jul 14, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Eileen Mueller is a multi-award-winning author of heart-pounding fantasy novels that will keep you turning the page.

Dive into her worlds, full of magic, love, adventure and dragons! Eileen lives in New Zealand, in a cave, with four dragonets and a shape shifter, writing for young adults, children and everyone who loves adventure.

Visit her website at www.EileenMuellerAuthor.com for FREE books, new

Riders of Fire (3 books)
  • Dragon Hero (Riders of Fire, #2)
  • Dragon Rift (Riders of Fire, #3)