Start by marking “Poisoned Candy: Bite-sized Horror for Halloween” as Want to Read:
Poisoned Candy: Bite-sized Horror for Halloween

Poisoned Candy: Bite-sized Horror for Halloween

From the Authors of Devil's Night and the publishers of The Little Book of Harm, comes Poisoned Candy, a collection of 100 Halloween short stories.

Discover the disgusting, depraved, and downright diabolical things people get up to on Halloween.

Within Poisoned Candy you will find a world where the only thing scarier than the monster under your bed, is the person tucking

Published October 25th 2018 by Pugnacious Press

To ask other readers questions about Poisoned Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poisoned Candy

Start your review of Poisoned Candy: Bite-sized Horror for Halloween
Mark Young
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny. Gory. Twisted. And creepy.

Writing 100 word stories is no easy task - especially if you set yourself the task to write a hundred of them, all under the banner of Halloween. And Myk Pilgrim and Pippa Bailey pull it off with great aplomb. Their personalities shine through in their storytelling which is one of the elements that make these tales so enjoyable. Each tale ends with either a twist or a punchline or sometimes even a poignant idea for the reader to ponder.

The interesting thing while
Lisa Lee
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Horror Drabbles. I love horror drabbles. And this book is filled with them, Drabbles and bonus horror shorts that will shock that look right off your face. Some of these evoke wicked giggles, others evoke horrified gasps. I was eating when I read this collection. I don’t recommend it. The second story shocked the food in my mouth into a rapid exit. Fortunately, the food already in my stomach remained there.

I read this book in one evening. I could not put it down. The stories are wonderfully crea
J.D. Estrada
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun little collection of micro-fiction that I would rate 3.5/5. I think the collection is a combination of several things. Some micro-fictions pack a brilliant punch, which is amazing since they're a couple of lines long. Often times it's worth giving two or three reads just to see all the nuances that are in the stories. Some of the poisoned candy bits are poems, which were a lot of fun and added a different kind of spice to the collection.

As a reading experience, I think this is a
Peter Germany
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome fun

This collection is awesome! I love these bite-sized stories and each one had it’s own flavour. More than a few gave me a giggle, one had me squirming as it played out. While another was just brutal and ‘why! Why would you write this!??’
Absolutely worth a read!
Josef
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed these fun-sized bites of horror. Even when restricted to one hundred words a piece there is not a single dud. Keep an eye out (ouch!) for the amusing adverts for horrific products I hope are strictly fictional.
Christina Eleanor
Mar 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Poisoned Candy
By Pippa Bailey and Myk Pilgrim

I never thought I could enjoy drabbles as much as I have until being introduced to the twisted and raucous minds of Pippa Bailey and Myk Pilgrim. These bite-sized horror books go so fast because of the multiple shorts. These two authors hold nothing back in vulgarity and always get their devious points across in 100 words or less.

I read this in its entirety while sitting at a doctor’s office waiting to be seen. It really reads that fast and keeps you
Kelly Rickard
Oct 13, 2020
Kristen
Oct 15, 2018
Brandy
Oct 25, 2018
Pippa Bailey
Oct 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: horror-drabbles

• The Magic Finger
  • Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • Heroes, Gods and Monsters of the Greek Myths
  • Swamp Thing, Vol. 2: Love and Death
Myk Pilgrim is a horror writer, or at least that's what he likes to tell people.

He lives in a town just north of the wall, where he spends his time sharing cappuccinos with his inner demons, binge-watching horror movies with equally demented writing partner and significant other Pippa Bailey, shaving his head, annoying the locals, and generally just counting down the days until Halloween.
Also, som

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...