Start by marking “The Arrangement” as Want to Read:
The Arrangement

The Arrangement

9 hours, 15 minutes

A Pretty Woman tale turns toxic and deadly in this provocative and riveting thriller of sex, obsession, and murder from Robyn Harding, the “master of domestic suspense” (Kathleen Barber) and the USA TODAY bestselling author of The Party and Her Pretty Face.

Natalie, a young art student in New York City, is struggling to pay her bills when a friend makes a suggestio
Audiobook, Unabridged, 352 pages
Published July 30th 2019 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Arrangement

Dita
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Trying to decide whether I'd rather spend time with Gabe or Natalie is like asking whether I'd rather be shot or stabbed. Both of these people are hideous and it's fabulous.

This book is like a Lifetime movie on a Saturday afternoon with a big bowl of popcorn, some Hot Tamales, my kids doing something else and my husband off golfing. It's indulgent and "too much" but in that great way that goes so well with slouchy socks and sweatpants.

Gabe is a vile, disgusting "1 percent
Meredith
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads

A fabulous premise marred by too many cliches.

When Natalie, a 22-year-old art student, loses her job, she has two choices: take out a student loan (gasp) or become a Sugar Baby. She chooses the latter. While she isn’t completely comfortable with becoming a Sugar Baby and grossed out by the prospect of having to potentially touch or sleep with older men, she finds herself surprisingly attracted to Gabe, her first “daddy” date.

Gabe is a powerful and attractive corp/>
Holly  B
Sugar baby vs. Sugar daddy

Such an intriguing premise of the wealthy man/ gorgeous woman sugar "arrangement". Here are some definitions I became aware of whilst reading this novel... I had to look it up.

A Sugar Daddy is a boyfriend who comes with financial benefits. Sugar benefactors can help to cover tuition, bills, and frequently enjoy bestowing gifts upon their partners. Sugar Daddies exist on three levels - Honey (highest), Sugar (wealthy) and Splenda (on a budget). Who knew?

Natalie is an art student struggling wbudget). Who
Deanna
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-releases
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

I’ve always been really intrigued by the Sugar lifestyle (Daddy, Momma, and Baby). As soon as I read the description for “The Arrangement”, I knew I had to get my hands on this book.

Twenty-one year old, Natalie (Nat) is on the phone with her father. This is the first time they have spoken in years. Unfortunately, she has no one else she can turn to. Nat tells her father that she’s been arrested.

A few months earlier:

Nat hasn’t been in/>A
Norma * Traveling Sister
Seductive, alluring, and wickedly entertaining!

A modern day and sinister version of Pretty Woman right here folks! I didn’t even realize that this was a thing, what’s a Sugar Baby & Sugar Daddy? Well I know now and I definitely fell for this hook, line, and sinker.

THE ARRANGEMENT by ROBYN HARDING is a fascinating, dark, twisted, and gritty tale that was such an irresistible, entertaining and fun book to read. I was immediately pulled into the story, totally intrigued by the premise, and fully a
Debra
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If something looks or feels too good to be true, then it probably is....

Quick money, spending a little time, getting spoiled, good food, travel, clothes...ahh.... the perks of being a Sugar Baby....

Adoration, sex, power, companionship, calling all the shots...the perks of being a Sugar Daddy

But what happens when those lines get blurred, when feelings get in the way, when the truth behind the lies comes out and when sugar no longer tastes so sweet????? Then you
Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends
I read The Arrangement with a few of my Traveling Sisters and after reading this one we need to know more about Sugar Bowls.

Robyn Harding has joined us in our new group Behind the Pages with The Traveling Friends to answer a few spoiler-free questions about The Arrangement. To see what she has to say you can find the group here

The Arrangement is an instant Canadian be
Kylie D
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tale of obsession, deceit and betrayal, The Arrangement looks at the world of sugar daddies and sugar babies. It's a subject that most people are aware of, yet don't know or care to know the full details of. We have Natalie, a struggling art student in New York, getting by on bar jobs and copious amounts of alcohol, until one day a friend introduces her to the lucrative world of sugar babies.

Soon Natalie meets Gabe, a handsome, and older, financial lawyer, and they soon come to an
Kaceey
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
If you enjoy a story-line where you love to hate the lead character...this is the perfect read for you!

Natalie recently moved across country from the west coast to the bright lights of Broadway. That’s right, New York City!
She’s pursuing her dream of becoming an artist and has just been accepted to an Art College in the heart of the city. But it comes at great sacrifice - it means living dollar to dollar.
And now, after losing her job and being evicted by her uncaring roommates, Natalie is despera
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
So I didn't love this one. I didn't hate it either. It was entertaining but there was definitely something missing here for me.

It was a quick read but I unfortunately expected more. My expectations definitely affected my enjoyment but with so many glowing reviews I thought I'd get a sexier, grittier read. NOPE - dare I admit at times I found it a little too cliche and boring? This was definitely one of those times where I wondered if I was reading the same book as everyone else. 🤷🏻♀

The little
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Blahhhhhhhhhhhh. I really hated this and I am BUMMED.

TW: rape, self harm, emotional manipulation
Larry H
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm between 4 and 4.5 stars.

Natalie has always wanted to be an artist, perhaps even an illustrator of children's books. She's proud of herself for moving from her small town in Washington to New York City to study, finally getting away from her mother and stepfather and their perfect children, and the possessive boyfriend who wanted to control her.

She loves New York City but is struggling financially. Between tuition, rent, and regular expenses, she can never seem to get
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Wow! The author certainly knocked it out of the park with this one! Five flipping scandalous stars from me. This book will leave you with your mouth hanging open. I loved it! I was submersed into a world that I had no idea that existed until a recent news segment and of course this book! Up until this point sugar babies were just a candy I had enjoyed as a child!

Natalie is 21 and is your typical college student, struggling each day to make ends meet. She is working as a waitress and
Kendall
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness! Sugar daddy and sugar baby?! Let me say I just love that cover and was so intrigued by the premise of the story.

I have heard amazing things about this author and can finally say that I have experienced her talent myself! Wow.. I devoured this book in over a few days!

What a fast paced and addicting thriller that blew my mind! It's pretty hard to please this thriller lover right here but Harding you have done it girl!!

Ok.. can I just say that I loved Nat's
Felicia
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
cli·ché

• a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought.
• a very predictable or unoriginal thing or person.

Based on the description, this is not a book I would normally pick up. Based solely on my Goodreads friends reviews (y'all suck), I picked it up anyway.

I will never question my gut again.

My hope was that this story would offer some depth and grit that is so often absent in books with similar plots. Sadly, my hopes were dashed.

** I re
Susanne  Strong
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
4 Stars

There are books that make me cover my eyes in embarrassment and then there is “The Arrangement.” My oh my, this one was a doozy!

There is a website that young women can go to, one that will change their lives forever. Young women login to find a “Sugar Daddy” - a wealthy older man who will pay her for companionship - coffee dates or dinner, which can lead to even more, spending nights together and even a monthly allowance. She then becomes a “Sugar Baby.” Can you say cringeworthy?!

N/>There
Berit☀️✨
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-physical, 2019
LOVED IT!!! And if you love fast-paced entertaining stories with characters that go completely off the rails you are going to LOVE! IT! TOO!

sugar Daddy vs Sugar Baby! In this corner weighing in at 120 pounds in the slutty dress we have 21-year-old naïve struggling student Natalie. And in the other corner weighing in at 185 pounds in the expensive suit we have wealthy manipulative narcissistic 55-year-old Gabe. Ding ding ding let the fight begin, let the punches begin flying! Just li
Robyn Harding
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am so excited to share this book with all of you. I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you!
Nilufer Ozmekik
3.25; in the hate of all sugar daddies and their little rag dolls, widespread arrangement models of big cities plot might work as a better erotic romance concept than nerve-bending, heart throbbing thriller story but I have to admit some parts of the book are intriguing enough for me but most parts aren’t STARS!

Somehow I thought I was a little tough grader about this book.

Well if you asked me to those questions above:

Is this one of your fastest reading because of its int
Meredith B.  (readingwithmere)
5 Stars!

She pressed her mouth to the phone, kept her voice low in the crowded frenetic room, the worlds, when they came sounded surprisingly calm. Flat even. Oddly devoid of emotion. "I killed someone," she said.

I always look forward to Robyn Harding books when they come out. They're so fun to read and usually very bingeable. This one was no exception!

Natalie is young and in New York. She is trying to get through school while also trying to pay her rent and have some food to eat. She m/>
Jonetta
Natalie (Nat) Murphy is a 21-year old art student, really struggling financially to make school work as well as survive in New York. As she reaches a desperate point, one of her fellow students who seems to be living well beyond her means suggests that she consider her solution...become a “Sugar Baby” and find herself a safe “Sugar Daddy.” After some soul searching, she decides to give it a try and connects with Gabe Turnmill, a wealthy, fifty-ish lawyer who is handsome and powerful.

One of the
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
What a dark and twisted tale Robyn Harding wove! I found this book to be a read-in-a-day book for me, because I couldn’t put it down! This should be on your summer thriller list for sure. It is such a unique concept and executed flawlessly. Incredible!!!

Natalie is a struggling art student in NYC. Her roommates are looking for any excuse to evict her, and not paying her rent on time is one of them. She was sleeping with the bartender at work, but he is upset when she tells him she isn
Sharon
Art student Natalie Murphy is finding it difficult to make ends meet and things don’t look like they will improve anytime soon. Her job at a local bar pays very little and with rent and bills needing to be paid, Natalie has no idea what she will do. Matters are made even worse when her housemates inform her she needs to pay up or she will have to find somewhere else to live.

Ava a fellow art student suggests that Natalie should sign up to a website that she uses as this could help her with her m
Babydimps (Suzy)
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐

The synopsis of this book grabbed my attention immediately! A book about Sugar Daddies and Sugar Babies? OKAY! I just knew it would be a rollercoaster of a read! It did not disappoint - it was better than I had anticipated!

Natalie is a poor, naive college girl who is struggling to pay her bills. When she discovers a website that connects rich older men (Sugar Daddies) with young women looking to be spoiled and pampered with financial benefits (Sugar Babies), she’s hesitant at first
Julie (JuJu)
The description on this one sounded too good to pass up. After looking at it a few times, I had to hit the request button.

Thank you to NetGalley, Gallery/Scout Press, and Robyn Harding for this ARC, in exchange for my honest review!

This was a fun read that brought back some of those teenage memories and bad decisions....back when I knew everything 🤣. Nat was a character that I couldn’t help but like, even though I knew she was a train wreck...a very slow one that I couldn
Bren
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All mystery fans!
Review to follow shortly. Love it!

This book is gritty. I loved that about it and the NYC atmosphere added so much to it.

OK..so far this year I have read two thrillers by this author. I did not think it could get any better then "her pretty face" but it has.

So it seems everyone on here has gone over the plot. I will just write my thoughts on the book.

Terrific! And I do not say that lightly. So many thrillers have let me down this year. Some have bee
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

So, you know, 100% a Sugar Daddy/Sugar Baby story.

Meet Natalie . . . .

Barely able to keep her head above water by waiting tables while attending art school, she really finds herself in a bind when she’s fired from her job and her roommates start demanding all the back rent/bill money she owes them. Welcome to the SUGAR BOWL! A potentially lucrative new venture a classmate introduces Natalie to where wealthy gentlemen pay attra
Gabby
Closer to a 3.5 but rounding down because of that ending
This was okay. This was my buddy read with my BFF Jacqueline! This thriller started off so promising and it was so interesting because this girl is living in New York and she becomes so desperate that it seems like getting a sugar daddy and becoming a “sugar baby” is the only way to survive. I was kind of hoping for more drama surrounding the whole sugar daddy aspect of this book, but it ended up being more of a thriller about her past, and th
Shannon
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Gallery Books #partner for gifting me a copy of The Arrangement by Robyn Harding! I really enjoyed Her Pretty Face last year so I was super excited to get to The Arrangement!

First of all, if there is a Sugar Daddy / Baby involved I don’t care what the genre is, I’M READING IT! Well, not fantasy 👋🏼.

Nat is a young artist going to college and trying survive in the city. She works in a bar for some money but can barely pay the bills. Nat is stressed, her roommates can’t stand
Chelsea Humphrey
description

description

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
Aussie Readers: S&S Australia ARC July Giveaways - closes 31st July! 33 78 Aug 21, 2019 03:02AM

• Dear Wife
  • The Stillwater Girls
  • The Best Lies
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • In Your Light
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Untitled
  • The Truth About Keeping Secrets
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • The Whisper Man
Robyn Harding is the author of several books and has written and executive produced an independent film. She lives in Vancouver, BC with her husband and two children.

To learn more about Robyn's books visit: http://www.robynharding.com. Or follow her on Instagram: @rhardingwriter
or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorRobynH...

“Sometimes, we do things we don’t feel good about to survive. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad person.” His sympathy, his assurance had brought her perilously close to tears. But she couldn’t cry about this. She had known what she was getting into. No strings.” 0 likes