Start by marking “On His Six (Away From Keyboard, #3)” as Want to Read:
On His Six (Away From Keyboard, #3)

On His Six

(Away From Keyboard #3)

Can broken be beautiful?

Ryker McCabe. Former Special Forces. Survived fifteen months in an Afghan prison, tortured within an inch of his life. His scars—and his fears—keep him alone. Disconnected from the world. From his team. From any hope of redemption.

Until he meets her.

Wren Kane. Hacker extraordinaire. Desperately searching for her brother. When police find his body in a drug den, she/>

Wren/>

Until

Published October 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about On His Six, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On His Six

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
On His Six is book three in the Away From Keyboard series by Patricia D. Eddy. You can definitely read this as a stand alone. I have not read any of the previous books in this series. There are characters from the previous books that are recurring and it is obvious that they have a history with the Hero but it does not detract at all from this story.

I have to admit I wasn’t prepared for my reaction to this book. I was amazed by it! This is a romantic suspense and let me assure you, suspenseful
Kat Ryker
Shelves: want-to-re-read
I read an ARC of this book, but would have gladly paid for the privilege. I cannot wait until I can post this same review on every site imaginable. And I'm about to tell you why.

I made no secret that Ryker captivated my imagination in the first two books that he appeared in - Breaking His Code and In Her Sights. He was that guy who was wounded enough that talking to strangers was nearly impossible but talking to people he knew was almost as bad. He would reveal himself to no one, bec
Radd Reader
Overview:
Ryker & Wren. Book 3. Standalone, but part of a series with some recurring characters. It’s not mandatory to read the prior books to understand this one. It might help you understand the secondary characters a little, but you will do just fine if you skip Books 1 & 2. Dual POV. Most of the book takes place in Russia.

The Story:
Ryker is the ultimate tortured hero. Literally. Going through Hell with his Green Beret team didn’t destroy him, but he is definitely suffering from some heavy gui
Melanie Marnell
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tthe first chapter of this Patricia D. Eddy book is heart stopping, brutal and intense but it sets up the rest of the book perfectly. Ryker McCabe's hell is gut wrenching but it gives us insight into his torment, feelings and behavior. The action in this book is fast paced and explosive and so finely detailed that the reader feels part of the scene. There is beautiful poignancy in the love between Ryker and Wren.

Ryker McCabe is damaged physically, mentally and to the bottom depths of his soul.
Alexis Long *from the heart of a bibliophile lair*
Recommends it for: everyone
love the book. couldn't put it down. i do recommended it. it didn't take long for me to read it because i couldn't put it down at all.
five star book
hot and sexy
Robyn
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ryker McCabe is a damaged soul after spending 15 months as a prisoner being abused, tortured and mutilated. Since that time he does not let anyone ever get close to him. Ryker is still broken up about what happened when he was held prisoner and has a hard time letting people even including his friends. When he literally bumps into Wren Kane, Ryker can’t stop thinking about her. Wren is facing her own demons. The body of her brother was just recovered from an abandoned building. His death looks l ...more
Heather
Shelves: read-2018
I loved this book! It was gut-wrenching and emotional! I fell in love with both Wren and especially Ryker! Highly recommend this!
Cheri George
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting with baited breath for this book and boy was it worth it!! Patricia Eddy has an amazing ability to weave a story like no one else! She draws you in and wraps you up in the story so tight that you can't stop reading till the end!! Rkyer and Wren's story is beautiful and gut wrenching at the same time. Both of these people are so broken yet so strong it makes one believe that anything is possible. I highly recommend this book!! You won't be disappointed!:
Pat Freeman
Own His Six. By Patricia Eddy

Oh yes, I've been waiting on this one ! Poor Ryker, the damaged hero finally faces his demons and meets the love of his life. Wren is a poor little damaged soul too with problems of her own. Together they can save each other !

Love the angst and thrill that Patricia Eddy puts into her books, she takes you on another ride in this one. Characters from the first two books join Ry and Wren on a job in Russia to rescue Wrens brothers friends. This i
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Why has it taken me so long to read this author as this was an awesome read. I so need to go back and read the previous books in this series as this was so good.

Ryder is a former Special Forces. He’s broken. So broken we don’t know if he can heal physically or mentally. My heart broke for him. Wren has her own battles. Wren is so good for him. Can she heal him? Can he help Wren? I adored these two together.

This story is heartbreaking. It’s intense. It’s an emotional roller coaster.
Ann
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I absolutely loved this book. Ryker and Wren make each other forget their anxieties. I love how the female characters in this book (and series) are so strong and not a force with which to be messed. They can hold their own in times of extreme adversity. Ryker was this huge hulk of a man who endured "Hell" but could not fight the pull of love of Wren. The suspense kept me wondering what was in store for everyone. I will definitely recommend this book!
Camilla Lund
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book so much , loved the story and writing very much, well done Patricia.
Love the suspense and the emotions that Ryker and Wren go through with In this story and hot 🔥damn as well. I’m a sucker for overprotective alpha males like Ryker they get to me all the time sighhh... And Wren she even made me laugh with her curse words ha ha.
Can wait to read more from you, I recommend this book to all that appreciate a well written story with loving characters.
Romance Rehab
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I struggle with romantic suspense. There’s so much I don’t like about the category, and yet...that’s where so many of the awesome, tortured, scarred alpha heroes live. And sometimes they’re GRUMPY, tortured, scarred alpha heroes...and those are my kryptonite. It’s the eternal struggle. Sigh. What’s a girl to do?

Well, in this case, just like in so many other romantic suspense novels I’ve read, I loved the grumpy, tortured, scarred alpha hero, and hated the heroine he’d been paired with. If I cou
Tamara
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It started out a bit slow but the build up was excellent. Their were quite a few characters but they each had something of their own! I loved the connection between Ry and Wren from the very beginning. This story was perfect in that it had the suspense the love and the drama it needed.
This is a new to me author and am happy to say I’ll be looking for more from her!
Ashley Allen
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. I feel in love with when and Tyler from the first moment. Their connection is amazing. I loved the whole storyline of this book it keeps you reading to find out what comes next
Julie Sherman
Amanda
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

On His Six by Patricia D. Eddy is a dark and gritty story. The story is gut-wrenching and intense right from the start and doesn't stop. On His Six is a book you won't be able to put down once you start.

Ryker's life hasn't been the same since he barely returned home from being a prisoner of war. He is greatly damaged both on the surface and inside. He feels he is undeserving of friendship and love. Wren is a brilliant hacker who lives off coffee suffers from anxiety atta
InD'tale Magazine
From the beginning horrors of being tortured to the heartbreaking loss of a loved one, and then the gut-wrenching feelings of rejection, readers find themselves holding their breath many times during this stand-alone installment of Patricia Eddy’s Away from Keyboard series.

Read full review in the 2019 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Stephanie N
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every once in a while a book will come along and shake you to your very core. On His Six is the book that broke me. Let me try to tell you why....

In this story, Ryker is a tormented soul. His stint in the Military left him broken and devoid of any emotion. He is simply on PTSD overload. Along comes Wren which is strikingly beautiful but is suffering from panic attacks and her own personal hell. She seeks assistance from Ryker after her boss Dax denies the request to further investiga
Lisa Roberts
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book and the characters and the vivid description and writing is beyond amazing, you will feel every single emotion coming off in waves as we land in Rykers Hell. His emotional torment is heartbreaking as he lives a very lonely life until he runs into Wren who truly sees every part of him right to his soul and the monster he thinks he is. I really loved Wren, she was so strong with the biggest heart and it truly had laugh out moments, loved her swear words and her determination. They bring ...more
Joyous
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've not read this author before......but wow I am now hooked and will continue!

Poor Ryker, who thinks he's a true monster meets a small anxiety-ridden young computer hacker called Wren who desperately needs his help to find her missing brother Zion. Unfortunately, this leads to grief for Wren but also onto a path of righteousness. Desperate to help her brothers love from her current abusive situation, Wren herself, becomes the abused.

The emotional torment this causes Ryker, is hear
Jutta
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I....just...wow.....Ryker has to be the most broken man yet, beautifully written with love and understanding. Watching him grow throughout this book made me cry, and laugh and.....all the emotion sucked me in and the story held on to me and carried me with it. Highs and lows and....just....wow....I love this book so very much. The way Patricia writes brings the characters to life, I felt like I was right there with them, listening to them, feeling with them, I can't recommend this series highly ...more
Mandy
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book
Ryker was a shell of a man until he met Wren.
The author takes you in a great ride. The story flowed beautifully and the characters worked well together from the strong to the meek everyone of them worked well.
Wren might have looked fragile but she had inner strength and would not stop on her mission until she had done everything she needed to.
The love story did not take over the action or vice versa. I will be looking forward to reading more from this author and hope
Debbie Krouse
Oct 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
Wow Patricia Eddy wraps you in Rkyer and Wren's world and story that you you feel every emotion and still want more. Shows you that even if you are a broken soul that there is hope and you can find love. This is a must read and you will fall in love with Rkyer and Wren and the writing talents of Patricia Eddy
Brande Courtright bradford
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It’s a military themed book so if you enjoy a military romance book then this one is for you. There is a lot of action mixed with romance and I kept thinking what a great movie this book would make. The author is a great writer and really delves into the characters. I hope she writes books about the other characters in this book especially Dax loved him.
Wendi
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! At first I wasn't sure about it because there were a lot of characters and I was trying to keep everyone straight. I didn't realize there are a few books out already in the series. Once it took off it really took off. It had lots of intrigue, strong men and strong women and sexy times in the midst of it all. It definitely kept my attention!!
Penny Riley
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written story of broken people who find the one person that can put them back together. Life has tried to break them but they have survived against all odds. The story is exhilarating and the characters are so well written that you can’t help but become infatuated with them scars and all. The story has love, adventure and intrigue. Definitely will read more of this authors works.
Jenn
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Liked Ryker, didn't like Wren

Ugh, Turns out Wren is too stupid to live. I've read this series out of order and thought I really liked Wren and was excited to read this one. I was wrong. I hate female characters like this. Ryker, come save me...ugh you shouldn't have been so stupid in the first place.
JustALady
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Ryker was a very broken and guilt ridden man. Wren was just what he needed. I loved both of these characters along with the others that were introduced. I would love to see a story for Dax.

Maybe one day!

Definitely recommend this book.
Tanis Owen
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! To me it was like a modern day beauty and the beast, but for adults and with more. I loved every minute of this book, then again I haven't been disappointed with a book of hers yet. Thank you again fur a great read. Recommend! It had twists, action, love, kick ass character's that you just fall in love with.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Patricia D. Eddy'...: Go vote for On His Six! 11 11 Sep 25, 2018 07:15PM

• The Enforcer (Taskforce, #3)
  • Down & Out (Desert Winds #1)
  • One Last Hold
  • Trigger (Trigger #1)
  • Close to the Skin (Skin Quartet #2)
  • Sugar Babies
  • The Kaleidoscope
  • In the Shadow of Vengeance (Shadows and Light #5)
  • The Frenchman
  • For Love & Bourbon
  • Deadly Syndrome
  • Seismic Crimes (Disaster Crimes #2)
  • Blackbird
  • The Second Man
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Scandalous (The Heart of a Hero #6)
  • Stolen Hearts
  • Dangerous Proposition (The Pinnacles of Power, #3)
  • An Aria for Nick (Song of Suspense #2)
Patricia D. Eddy lives in many worlds. Witches, vampires, and shifters inhabit one of them, military men and women fill another, with sexy Doms and strong subs carving out the final slice of her literary universe. She admits to twelve novels (though there are at least five unfinished drafts on her desk right now), all while working a full-time job, running half-marathons, and catering to the every ...more

Away From Keyboard (6 books)
  • Breaking His Code (Away From Keyboard, #1)
  • In Her Sights (Away From Keyboard, #2)
  • Second Sight (Away From Keyboard, #4)
  • By Lethal Force (Away From Keyboard #5)
  • Fighting For Valor (Away From Keyboard #6)