Start by marking “The Story of Rock” as Want to Read:
The Story of Rock

The Story of Rock

1...2...3...4! Let’s rock and roll, babies!

2019 National Parenting Product Award Winner
From Elvis Presley to Beatlemania, from Janis Joplin to David Bowie—rock has transformed through generations while ringing true with passionate sound. Rock along with the greats in this delightful baby book that introduces little ones to the rockers that started it all!
Parental Advisory
Board Book, 24 pages
Published May 7th 2019 by Silver Dolphin Books

To ask other readers questions about The Story of Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story of Rock

Start your review of The Story of Rock
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
A super cool book that highlights the story of rock, that kids will both embrace and enjoy! Young readers will love learning to read this historically significant book. Babies will love looking at the bright, colorful illustrations. A delight for kids and a fun read for adults to read aloud to their child!
Aeicha
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An adorably fun and creative way to introduce little readers to the world of Rock and its rich and fascinating histories and impacts on the music world!
Fiona Claire
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Very cute and I got excited to see some of my favorite artists.
Kirsti Call
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it
"Now some people say that rock is deadd-- most greats are in the sky, but the real truth is that rock and roll will never, ever die!"

This book is engaging and informative and a super cute way for toddlers to learn about rock. Unfortuatly, the meter and rhyme and stresses of the words in this book are off, so I found that distracting as I read. Otherwise, very clever.
Stacie
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
When our kids were little we loved sharing our favorite music with them whether it was during bath time or in the van. It didn’t matter if it was Frank Sinatra or Motley Crue or Keith Urban, we shared it all with them. Now you can even share the story music with them through this new series of books.

In a rhyming scheme, children are introduced to music from the beginning of the blues to Elvis to the Beatles to Woodstock to the ’80s and even Pearl Jam. From the flashing outfits to some crazy hair
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
The Story of Rock, illustrated by Lindsey Sagar. BOARD BOOK. Silver Dolphin, 2018. $9. 9781684125098

BUYING ADVISORY: Pre-K - ESSENTIAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Teach your baby early about the origins and figures of rock and roll, from its blues roots through to The White Stripes. This is just a board book, so many greats are left out (where’s U2?) and the adults can argue about who should have been there, but it is still a fun tribute to the big picture of rock. Get your playlist ready!

Cindy, Middle
Kristi Bernard
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you have a toddlers who dances around pretending to play an air guitar? This sturdy little board book would be perfect for your home library. Little listeners will enjoy seeing their favorite rock-n-roll artists in this colorfully illustrated book. Here, readers will learn about the history of rock music. The Who, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, David Bowie and even Tina Turner can be found. Parents will love these small sturdy books to teach eye and hand coordination, colors, shapes an ...more
Miss
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quite simply the coolest baby book we have ever seen! High quality hardback board book for babies and infants. Excellent graphics including Janis Joplin, Axel Rose, Slash Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon and Queen.

Best of all it reads beautifully and I am sure I will enjoy it almost as much as the little one!

All this for under $9 - no brainer! Buy it.

I’ve now ordered The Story of Pop too and hope it’s just as good!
Christy
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute kids book. Received this book from some old friends of mine and it’s a really good pick. Read it to my son twice tonight. The story is accurate and most of the greats are covered (surprised that Cash wasn’t mentioned though, my only complaint). Definitely a must buy for any parents who are into rock music!
Two BookWorms Blog
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Looking to share some music and the stories behind those favorite songs with your young rockers and rappers? Check out these two board books for an exciting way to introduce them to many artists in both genres.

For the full review: https://twobookwormsblog.wordpress.co...
D'Anne
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Super cute. Includes Chuck Berry, Elvis, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Janis Joplin, The Who, Grateful Dead, Hendrix, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, AC/DC, Queen, David Bowie, Tina Turner, Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, No Doubt, Weezer, and The White Stripes.
Erin Dunlavy
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
A cute enought little board book to introduce some of the great musicians in rock. It's more for parents than children really. It might be better if it came with a sample CD that had choice tunes from the artists introduced here. ...more
Elizabeth
Cute book but I can't believe they didn't include Journey!!! ...more
Amy
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, 2021
The chronology might not be accurate, but this is adorable.
Alison
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, music-kids
Got this as a gift for a friend’s baby. I had to get it as soon as I saw it.
Marina
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Story of Rap
  • The Story of Country
  • The Story of Pop
  • There's a Wocket in My Pocket!
  • Little Blue Truck
  • The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss's Wacky Book of Opposites
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Pig the Elf
  • The I LOVE YOU Book
Nicola Edwards was raised by the seaside in beautiful Brighton. She loves reading, dancing, rhyming and turquoise things. She now lives with her husband in East London and spends her days writing and editing children’s books.

News & Interviews

Psychological thrillers that will leave your head spinning. Cold cases, detectives hot on a trail, unreliable narrators, and a dash of poison...