Start by marking “RuinWorld: Eye for An Eye” as Want to Read:
RuinWorld: Eye for An Eye

RuinWorld: Eye for An Eye

(RuinWorld #1-5)

Adventurers Rex and Pogo trek across the Ruinlands searching for treasure and magical artifacts, along with their not-always faithful companions.

It’s every adventurer for themselves in the Ruinlands! Join Pogo and Rex as they set out on a quest to hunt for valuable artifacts and magical weapons across the land. Along with plenty of not-always faithful companions, our heroe
Published May 21st 2019 by KaBOOM!

To ask other readers questions about RuinWorld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about RuinWorld

Chad
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, 2019-netgalley
I had a lot of fun with this. It's an anthropomorphic Dungeons & Dragons adventure at its heart. Speaking of heart, the book has a lot of heart along with humor and fun, colorful art. Anyone, young or old, who is in to fantasy can have a good time reading this book.

Received a review copy from Boom and NetGalley. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the aforementioned.
Shannon
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the artwork and style and I hope this series doesn't stop here.

Individual issue reviews: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5

Total review score: 3.6
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Welp, I had high expectations. I just love adventure, I love RPG stuff, I love treasures, I loved the cover. However, I had to drag my ass through this book to get through it.

For many reasons, since I am quite tired I am going for a good/bad review.

Good:
-That art! I just loved the art style, I loved the colours used, I loved the character designs.
-The magic items. Especially that hammer. Give it to me, please!~
-Undead Army! OOHh
Anya
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This comic is my my favorite of 2018! It's absolutely hilarious, the characters are so freaking adorable and I just love the whole concept.
The art style is quirky and colorful and I can recommend this for comic lovers of all ages who'd like to dive into an adventure story.

Thank you so much NetGalley for providing me with a copy. I hope there's a second volume coming out.
Jess Smiley
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and whimsical adventure, packed with strong characters, magical weapons, and fantastical landscapes.
Natalie
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those that love Scales and Scoundrels
Shelves: 2019, arcs, graphic-novels
Ruinworld: Eye for An Eye is the perfect graphic novel if you're looking for an all-ages adventure with fun, quirky characters.

In this graphic novel, we are following Rex and Pogo as they explore Ruinlands in the search for valuable artifacts. The two stumble across a map which leads to the biggest known treasure in the land and embark on a high-stakes adventure with the help of other companions including an overly confident chipmunk and a strong-willed toad.

I am always down for an adventure wi
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Ruinworld through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Ruinland is an adventure story, through and through. It had a healthy dose of humor, there’s plenty of action, treasure, oh and did I mention that all of the characters are animals? So in short, it’s a perfect fun read.
The series follows the adventures of Rex and Pogo. These two are desperate to prove something of themselves, and they’d love to get some treasure while they’re at it. Of course nothing el
Cibele Baron
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First I would like to thank Boom! Studios for granting me the chance to read this graphic novel! It was a nice adventure to read, with awesome characters and amazing illustrations!

We start the book with Rex and Poggo, a half-bredd of fox and cat and a pig, that work as artifact hunters. In his first mission, Poggo ends up releasing a monster out of a box, and finding a map to a amazing treasure. And that's where the adventure really begins.

With nice characters with nice background for all of the
Ryan
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This very fun graphic novel, takes Tomb Raider, Indiana Jones, and the animated Lord of the Ring, blends it up and spills out into this adventure story. These anthropomorphic animals are ruin hunters, but not very successful ones. This rollicking adventure will see the characters running from meat eaters, raising the dead, and challenging a hammer only Thor could lift. A great read for ages 8 and up.
#LitsyAtoZ #GN
#readharder
#nancydrewchallenge #19
#BNFantasyChallenge #talkinganimals
Engel Dreizehn
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC Copy...It's magical world full of adventure, spells, exotic locales, and more adventure that completely inhabited by anthropomorphic animals and our heroes may or may not be the biggest misfit losers (but with skill and heart!) in this world. Enjoyable to read.
Martha
Mar 30, 2019
Teresa Grabs
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Take a little Goonies, add in a dash of Indiana Jones, and a whole lot of originality and you have RuinWorld!

Pogo (a pig) and Rex (half-fox/half-cat) are out looking for treasure, but what they find instead is life-threatening adventure and friendships that are worth more than all the gold in Ruinland. Pogo ignores warnings as any good adventurer does, and ends up costing Rex his sword. They meet up with Barri, a bug and sort-of friend, who had run into the wrong side of a gang and its leader. W
Kelly
Mar 11, 2019
:d
rated it did not like it
May 08, 2019
Patrick
Nov 25, 2018
Miranda
Received and ebook arc from the publisher via netgalley for review.

Thanks for giving me the chance to read!
It was rather quirky and fun art style and colors.
It would appeal to the more middle grade readers getting into comics with animal characters and adventure.
Molly
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is incredibly fun. Pogo, a farmboy, and Rex, a seasoned adventurer, are out hunting for Ruins when they stumble across a legendary treasure map - which, of course, every rogue and scoundrel for miles is also after. Adventures with bugs, foxes, wolves, and all sorts of critters ensue. It's waaay more delightful than I am capturing in this review - just trust me.
Ian