Start by marking “Over the Garden Wall: Hollow Town” as Want to Read:
Over the Garden Wall: Hollow Town

Over the Garden Wall: Hollow Town

When Wirt seeks work to replace Greg’s lost shoe, Wirt, Greg, and Beatrice stumble upon the seemingly pleasant Hollow Town inhabited by wooden doll people more sinister than they first appear.

When Greg loses a shoe, Wirt must find a way to replace it, and fast if they want to avoid a repeat of the summer camp splinter incident. Luckily, it’s not long before they stumble
Published July 9th 2019 by KaBOOM!

To ask other readers questions about Over the Garden Wall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over the Garden Wall

Start your review of Over the Garden Wall: Hollow Town
Nate
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I nearly gave up on Over the Garden Wall comics after being let down by the ongoing series. The stories became stale and almost too juvenile. Then, out of nowhere came Jonathan Case’s Distillatoria, a wonderful standalone graphic novel that captured the quirkiness, creepiness, and warmth of the show perfectly. Three OTGW comics have been announced in its wake, with more to hopefully come. Hollow Town is the first of those books, and it’s decent. It reminds me of the Huskin’ Bee episode where ...more
Kellie
I can never get enough of anything Over the Garden Wall-related, so I pre-ordered Hollow Town a couple of months ago on ebooks. As expected, it was fantastic! I love that the artists aren’t confined to the show’s style, so they can draw the characters in their own way. The art for this one was really cool-I especially enjoyed the big, double-page pieces.
I also really like how this one further explored Wirt’s feelings about being responsible for Greg’s safety, especially in the Unknown. He’s only
Grey Liliy
As a huge fan of the television mini-series, I was excited to find out there were continuing adventures in the comics.

This story was an absolute delight start to finish with wonderful art work, the touching (and funny) moments with the main characters, and of course a fun, weird, story in the Unknown.

I loved the citizens of Hollow Town and Wirt feeling appreciated as the responsible one. The brotherly moments were as heartwarming as expected and of course Beatrice makes everything better.

A
Emma
Another great story in the Over the Garden Wall universe. It had a great art style that was able to bring the strangeness of the story to life.

This story takes place over several days that Wirt, Greg, and Beatrice spend in Hollow Town. A town populated by overly polite wooden doll people. While in the town Wirt is trying to get enough money to buy Greg a new pair of shoes to replace the one that he lost earlier in the comic all the while Greg continually gets himself into bad graces with the
Kassy Harris
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: dark fantasy fans
Wow . I loved this! Over the Garden Wall is such a unique cartoon that I snapped up the graphic novel as soon as I discovered it. And I was not disappointed. I've read other graphic novel additions to this story, but this was such a surprise. The art is ridiculously beautiful and the panelling and page set up as so fun and unique.
The story itself felt so true to the original ideas of the tv show, that it really just felt like a continuation.
If you're a fan of the cartoon, this is a
Jeremy Laroche
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Over the Garden Wall cartoon is one of my favorite pieces of media ever so of course I'd check out some of the comics. This little 5 part story is pretty good. The dialogue, general atmosphere, and subtle creepiness all work to make this feel authentically like an episode of the cartoon. It's a filler episode if anything though. It's nice to see more of these characters and this world, but Hollow Town doesn't do much to develop them further than the source material already did.
Scott Waldie
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
By far one of the better Over the Garden Wall comic rubs, the autumnal beauty of the setting is in full swing, the story does justice to the brand, on the level of several of the TV episodes, and Jorge Monlongo’s artwork is stunning, even alone it would be worth the price of admission. So happy that this universe gets to continue in one form or another.
Taylor
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I keep thinking I’ll tire of the Over the Garden Wall comics, but they match the tone of the show so well. Hollow town maybe my favorite storyline, perfectly capturing the shows blend of spooky and cute. Great for anyone who’s finished the television series and wants to spend more time with these characters.
Samantha Beard
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-releases
Full review coming to The Convention Collective soon. As a long time fan of the show, I absolutely loved this addition to the OtGW universe. Equal parts adorable, creepy, heartwarming, and terrifying. If you love the show, don't skip it!
Allison
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely art with a beautiful color palette, not to mention a creepy, page turning story, this addition to the "Over the Garden Wall" series did not disappoint!
Andrew Dearborn
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn't like the art
Doug Levandowski
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Some good moments but mostly drawn out. It does have some fun with Wirt's frustration with Greg's impulsiveness, but on the whole, not great.
Kat
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really neat addition to the OTGW canon. Especially creepy bad guys!
M Aghazarian
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
The writing was pretty wordy, which I found interrupted the flow of the story.
Linnea

• Over The Garden Wall Vol. 1
  • Over the Garden Wall Vol. 4
  • Over the Garden Wall Vol. 2
  • Over The Garden Wall: Tome of the Unknown
  • Jackalope Springs Eternal (Lumberjanes, Vol. 12)
  • Grimoire Noir
  • Bags (or a story thereof)
  • Steven Universe: Find a Way (Vol. 5): Find a Way
  • Hilda and the Mountain King
  • Time After Crime (Lumberjanes, Vol. 11)
  • Star Wars: Vader - Dark Visions
  • Steven Universe Vol 4 - Just Right
  • ワンパンマン 17 [Wanpanman 17] (Onepunch-Man, #17)
  • Cucumber Quest: The Ripple Kingdom (Cucumber Quest, #2)