Start by marking “Giant Days, Vol. 10 (Giant Days #10)” as Want to Read:
Giant Days, Vol. 10  (Giant Days #10)

Giant Days, Vol. 10

(Giant Days #10)

Daisy, Esther, and Susan’s last year at university is getting a bumpy start, with everything strange after Ed’s declaration of love followed by grievous injury, Daisy with nowhere to live, and McGraw and Susan at odds over their new flat!

The final year of university is about to start for best mates Daisy, Esther, and Susan, and everything is going completely off the rails.
Published June 25th 2019 by BOOM! Box

Sam Quixote
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Giant Days is my rock. No, not a giant jacked American-Samoan man with a winning personality that makes everyone like him despite starring in one terrible movie after another, but my constant go-to-never-fails great read.

But WAIT - a less than stellar rating for this tenth(!) book?! Is my rock crumbling - is this the end times???? To that I say nay - or maybe yay, but for reasons completely separate from comics - unless artist Julia Madrigal is gonna be coming back.

Not that I begrudge series r
Artemy
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ten — TEN! — volumes in, and Giant Days is still the comic book I love and enjoy the most, month to month. It's hard to believe that I've been reading it for almost four years (well, more like three and a half, but still) since issue #1 came out and I randomly decided to give it a read because the cover looked cute. It's been an important part of my life ever since, and something I eagerly look forward to every single month. I can't express how grateful I am to John Allison, Max Sarin, Lisa Trei ...more
Rana
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I did not like the changing of artist in issues #38 and #39
Carmen
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
My girls :) Saving me once more from both a reading slump and a terrible day. Daisy is surely the sweetest goofball ever, gaining confidence so fast, Angry Susan is not di angry anymore and Esther... oh Esther... Plus I've just discovered they like Warpaint which only adds to my enjoyment. Almost a life-safer
Chris Lemmerman
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have I mentioned how much I fucking love Giant Days yet? Because after 10 volumes, if I haven't, then I'm doing something wrong. This book just continues to be top quality, absolutely hilarious, full of heart, and just a joy to read, even 40 issues in.

This volume sees Daisy deal with the aftermath of her break-up with Ingrid, while the girls attempt to find a new home for their final year of university, and the return of Ed Gemmell and his Esther-induced broken leg. Relationships continue to evo
Anna (Bananas)
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
All I need to know now is who sports the Ubuntu tattoo.
Devann
Another great volume in this series. The only reason I'm giving it four stars instead of five is because I'm honestly getting a little bit tired of the whole Ed/Esther thing and I wish they would just give the whole thing a rest already. I am glad the whole thing with Daisy and her grandma was resolved quickly though, I did not want a whole long drawn out 'homophobic grandma' story line.

Some highlights:

I mean that's the one I would pick

:)))

"Boy's sewing machine" such a power move lmao

relatable a
Lara
Not one of my favorite volumes, but it still has some pretty great moments, of course: (view spoiler).

But I was super not crazy about the artist who did issues 38 and 39, and found her style really distracting. And the whole emplo
Xanthe
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another! My forever favorite is back! And I feel like I was waiting for ages for this volume. I was very pleased with how a lot of the relationship conflicts got resolved. People talked, admitted their feelings, tried to understand how the other person felt, and apologized. Yow. I loved it. There's a different artist for some of the middle issues, and it's noticeable, but I thought the guest artist was charming and energetic, even if it wasn't the same. The biggest problem with this volume, like ...more
Olivia
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
While the past few seasons have seemed enjoyably fine, same level of fun Giant Days-ness, this one seemed to be different in a good way. These relationships seem to be evolving instead of staying the same which only accentuates the greatness of this series.
Lauren Archer
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I realized I read all the singles for this one, but still had some fun.
Ethan
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Had some questionable art, but had good stories. Nice to see them growing up and dealing with potential post college life.
Ksenia
Dec 27, 2018 added it
All the hearts and stars for this series!
Ashley
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This one just didn't resonate with me as much, maybe because the effects of the awkwardness from the last volume are really settling in. The parts about Daisy and her grandmother were touching and genuine (Daisy's granny is amazing, for the record) and Susan and McGraw's trouble felt real. But for me most of the jokes fell pretty flat and maybe too real, like the tedium of job hunting and trying to find a place to live. I was glad to see Ed Gemmell get some interesting character growth.

Overall,
Kyle Dinges
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Giant Days volume 10 continues more of the goodness from John Allison's series. Apart from the first chapter, these issues were a bit less weighty than the recent few volumes. A lot of the big, over-arching conflicts have been resolved and we've gotten back to more day to day problems like we say earlier in the series.

Max Sarin is on art for 2 of the issues, but the middle 2 see Julia Madrigal filling in. Madrigal did an admirable job imitating Sarin, but there was almost an uncanny valley like
Ciaran Mcgrath
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is, simply put, one of the most enjoyable comic books on the shelves. Any book that can make you bark with unexpected laughter on one page and wring a tear from you a few pages later is something special, but that’s all built on an array of characters who are richly drawn and provided with depth in their exaggerated mannerisms. If you’ve been following the series, you’re already invested in their lives, and you haven’t, you’ll want to go back to the start and invest. A word too for the art, ...more
Cale
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is a lot of fallout from the previous volume, as the women take on new homes and roles in their own lives and their shared experiences. The change in focus could have been rough, but John Allison nails it as usual. All of the characters have strong arcs, from Ed facing down Esther after the events of the past volume, to Daisy's eventful apartment search, which leads to a new role. And the job fair was great. A lot of laugh-out-loud moments, some powerfully moving scenes, and all of the fun ...more
Baker St Shelves
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The girls have now entered their final year of college, which means they have to get serious about their career and rooming choices.
They’ve stopped living together and are now living separately with other people.
Esther and Daisy especially have some great scenes finding a place to live, plus Ed’s storyline from the last book is resolved here. It impresses me on how they can work through serious issues in a reasonable and mature way through communication and each person say genuine apologies. Not
Slyth
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy my library called and informed me that this book was ready for pick-up.

It has a few months since I read the latest "Giant Days". I can keep up with what's going on in Susan's and Daisy's life, Esther has so MUCH going on that I lose tack easily. But I do know 1 thing! 9 times out of 10 it's a hot mess 🤣.

I'm so happy Susan and McGraw are still a couple. They hit a speed bump in their relationship and quickly recovered.

Daisy, thankfully is back on talking terms with her grandmother.
Heather
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This narrative is sweet, full of heart and humor, and surprising depth. As Daisy finds her independence again, Susan's heart grows a few sizes bigger, and Esther works to repair her friendship with Ed, they all begin to grasp the inevitability of adulthood beyond university. Loved this.

I also did not like the change of artist midway, but the story makes up for it. Everyone looked so *angry* and scheming all the time, the characters are far more nuanced and playful than how they were portrayed.
Taylor
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is an outlier for me. I feel like nothing really happened in this volume? And usually with Giant Days, I don't tend to mind if that's the case but MAN I really feel the emptiness this time around. All of the issues were resolved in 0.2 seconds and mainly could have been avoided entirely had the characters spoken to one another. Also, very minimal on the trio interaction which usually drives the series for me. Très unfortunate.
Katherine Scott
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I beg your pudding!
One of my favorite GD collections to date.
Deals with some very real issues, not just Esther’s drama field. And since reading Non Pratt’s novelization, I notice a lot of details that I missed before re: Daisy being in a cult, also the names and details of some of the supporting characters, who had never registered fully.
Much character growth, very major life changes.
Nina
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The worst thing about this series is that it gives me so many regrets about my time at college! I mean, I already had them, but then I remember them when I read this. I don't think I'll ever get tired of these girls. I started getting a little worried about this series ending eventually during this volume. Job fair? EW! Stay in school girls! FOREVER.
Brittany
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, teen
This is definitely my least favorite of this comic series, which makes me quite sad. I really dislike how drastically different some of the characters look because of the change in artists, the Susan/McGraw storyline was really weak and the ending made little sense. The saving grace was Daisy's "Spoonsan."
Brandon
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oddly enough, not a lot happens this volume and that's kind of OK. It's a lot more focused on character things as opposed to huge drama arcs. Last volume we had Daisy breaking up with Ingrid and the whole thing with Esther and Ed. This volume is all about summer and getting back into the swing of things.
Deborah Embury
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m glad things with Esther and Ed didn’t get dragged on longer than this, and I’m happy with how that bit got wrapped up.
In terms of artwork, I personally highly prefer Max Sarin’s illustrations over Julia Madrigal’s; I don’t care for how Madrigal does faces/body movements. Sarin just has much more warmth and livelihood that fits this story better!
Clint Patterson
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Vol 10’s writing continues to grow the characters up in charmingly relatable and realistic ways, but the guest artist for half these issues reminded me again that Max Sarin’s art is equally as responsible for my appreciation of Giant Days. (The guest artist seemed talented, but the change in visual style was drastic and distracting, like temporarily replacing actors in season 3 of a TV show.)
Darlina Uveges
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Daisy, Esther and Susan are not doing very well at the university. With everything different after Ed's decelaration of love. I recommend this book for people that like romantic readings but if you dont I really don't think you should read it. I didn't really like it. It was ok. Not the best books it wasn't my style.
Racheal Paquette
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another awesome volume in this epic series! I always recommend these books when people ask me what is a good graphic novel! It did throw me off by the artist change, and I have to admit it bothered me quite a bit. I will have to re-read this one because I was so distracted lol
Elise
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Technically I just read issues #37-40 individually, that count's right?! (view spoiler)
John Allison is the author and artist of the British webcomics Scary Go Round and Bad Machinery.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.

Giant Days (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 3 (Giant Days, #3)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 4 (Giant Days, #4)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 5 (Giant Days, #5)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 6 (Giant Days, #6)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7)
  • Giant Days Vol. 8 (Giant Days, #8)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 9 (Giant Days #9)
  • Giant Days Vol. 11