Start by marking “Max Attacks” as Want to Read:
Max Attacks

Max Attacks

Fish and birds and lizards and socks…is there anything Max won’t attack? Watch your ankles and find out in this clever, rhyming picture book about a very naughty kitty cat.

Max is a cat. He attacks. From socks to strings to many a fish, attacking, for Max, is most de-lish. But how many of these things can he actually catch? Well, let’s just say it’s no even match.
Published June 11th 2019 by Atheneum/Caitlyn Dlouhy Books

To ask other readers questions about Max Attacks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Max Attacks

Julie
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
“He wants to eat the fishies” – Hank, 4 years old. Yep that’s my son getting into and enjoying books that I read to him. I love to read. And I super love that my son loves books too.

I enjoyed reading this one twice in one day – first for me – then for my son. Max Attacks is about a super feisty feline who wants to attack everything that catches his eyes. Socks and strings. Especially the fish!

Max Attacks is told is cute and catchy rhymes and is a story that is fun to read aloud! The illustration
Heather
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(This review will be on my blog All the Ups and Downs soon.)
I admit that I was sucked in by the cover for Max...Attacks by Kathi Appelt. Then I read the synopsis, and I knew that I had to read this for myself and for my 4 year old son. We were both delighted and entertained throughout this cute story. In fact, my son wanted me to read this book again right after we were done reading it the first time!

The plot for Max...Attacks if very simplistic yet fun. It's an easy plot to understand for you
Sydney Young
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, lonestarlit
Sweet children's book about a naughty cat. VERY relatable. Page turner as you fear the trouble Max will get into. He just can't seem to help himself. I want to give this to every family with little ones who also has a new pet!

Here is the review from my Blog: Max . . . Attacks, by Kathi Appelt is that summer book I've been looking for, and I want copies galore to give away to all my little friends and their harried parents, because it will definitely be good for some sweet snuggle and read in bed
Katy
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
The cat lover in me gives this a 4.5
Carey
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so freaking cute! I came across it while covering books at my library today. I thought I was the only one who called my cats' dry food crunchies. <3
Baby Bookworm
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews
Hello, friends! Our book today is Max Attacks, written by Kathi Appelt and illustrated by Penelope Dullaghan, a rollicking day in the life of a mischievous housecat.

Max attacks – and he’s quite good at it. Sneaking up stealthily on his prey – be it unsuspecting lizard, shoelace, or dirty sock – he loves to pounce and trounce and paw and claw at anything that strikes his fancy. But no prey is more tempting than the bowl of fish that swims around all day, with their shiny scales and swishy fins. T
Abigail
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Young Cat Lovers / Readers in the Market for Entertaining New Picture-Books
Max was a cat with paws made for pouncing, legs built for trouncing, and a heart bent on attack. His fascination with the fishbowl remained a constant in his day, although other matters - the lizard climbing the blinds, the string attached to one of his human's shoes - also provided entertainment. In the end, his attack on his piscine neighbors was messy but not entirely triumphant. Fortunately, he had a bowl of crunchies to turn to...

I found Max Attacks an absolutely delightful picture-book, ap
Ruthie Jones
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, that Max! He sure knows how to jump around from one silly caper to another, attacking so many things that catch his kitty cat eye.

Max...Attacks is a quick and cute story about a cat's unending curiosity. In true feline fashion, the story jumps from one adventure to another in the blink of an eye. The rhymes are easy and catchy; however, some of the phrases and words may be beyond a really young reader/listener, such as gusto, licks his chops, and catnip, but what a fun way to learn new thing
Christena
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the very first page, Max sounds like a real-life cat I know that is aptly called Wayne the Pain. Max is a special cat who is full of curiosity and life. Thankfully, curiosity does not kill Max nor the fishes.

Max… Attacks is a delightful children’s book that shows a day in the life of Max told in verse. From his romps with socks to blinds to trying to eat, and play with the fishes Max has a day full of curious adventures.

The illustrations and story complement each other perfectly. This book
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Max Attacks is such a fun book and I wish I had a kid to read it to right now!  I enjoyed Max's antics because, well, he's a cat and he does what cats do all day long - get into mischief.

The colors are bright and are perfect to hold the attention of a little one. The images also demonstrate action in Max's daily escapades.

This is a story in verse which teaches children language and sounds and exposes them to poetry with simpler words and images they can understand.

This book would be perfect for
Megan - Alohamora Open a Book
A playful cat that likes to attack AND he keeps score?!? That's my kind of cat; competitve and fun!

A fun cute book kids enjoy, and the cat lover will adore. The rhythm and rhyme is decent, but with a little more polishing I think it could've been superb.

Thank you Blue Slip Media for the book to read just a little bit early. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Karen
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute, adore the illustrations.
Lauren
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love the rhyming and fun words. Illustrations are GREAT - even if the cat is blue ha ha
Brenda Kahn
Cute story in rhyme about a feisty, flighty feline.
Edward Sullivan
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun rhyming story about an energetic, naughty feline.
Hilary
Hillary Dillon
Jun 12, 2019
Allison
Jun 11, 2019
Lives in College Station, TX with husband Ken and four adorable cats.

Two sons, both musicians.

Serves on the faculty at Vermont College of Fine Arts in the MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults Program.