Start by marking “Rules of War (Logan West #4)” as Want to Read:
Rules of War (Logan West #4)

Rules of War

(Logan West #4)

A DANA PERINO BOOK CLUB PICK

Following the events of the “fast, hard-hitting, and impossible to put down” (The Real Book Spy) Field of Valor, Logan West continues his mission to bring America’s traitorous vice president to justice, even as the clandestine group pulling all the strings makes one last deadly bid to regain their power.

The vice president of the United States is
Published July 16th 2019 by Atria/Emily Bestler Books

To ask other readers questions about Rules of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules of War

The Real Book Spy
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Following his hard-hitting third novel, Field of Valor, Matthew Betley reloads and reengages with Rules of War, his most action-packed thriller to date.

In the aftermath of Valor, the director of the NSA is dead, and Joshua Baker, the United States’ vice president, is missing. A traitor to his country, finding Baker is the number one priority for Task Force Ares, an elite unit within the FBI, and former Marine Logan West leads the manhunt.

While his BFF and right-hand man John Quick recovers fro
Slaven Tomasi
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rules of War is from Matthew Betley, a former Marine Corps scout sniper platoon commander and infantry officer with deployments to Djibouti, Africa and Fallujah, Iraq. His Logan West thrillers have become an annual must read for all thriller fans, hitting the scene in 2016 with Overwatch, where we were introduced to Logan West. He woke up from a complete black out caused by a serious drinking problem mainly due to PTSD, something many veterans are living with every day. Being a veteran myself, r ...more
Kashif
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Matthew Betley rocks again with his action packed fourth entry into the renowned Logan West thriller series. I was pleasantly surprised by the sheer wild pace of the thriller, starting on all thrusters without letting up. Rules of War is a delicious treat for hardcore action thriller fanatics looking for a smart, adrenaline pumping and no holds barred action read with lethal characters.

Rules of War starts off not much later after the events of Field of Valor, with Logan West on the trail of his
Chris (Norseman) Miller
Matthew Betley Rules Of War

Logan West is a man that always puts the mission first, regardless of who it is, what it is, and where it is. He’s grown as a character with the brilliant writing from Matthew Betley! In the 4th installment of West’s adventures, he battles new enemies in an abnormal location while having to battle past demons to achieve success. We catch up where Field of Valor leaves off and learning that Logan is faced with difficult situations professionally and personally on the h
Todd Simpson
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an amazing series. Matthew Betley has such a skilful and fluid writing style, and he has that wonderful ability to pull you into the story so that nothing else exists around you. I especially like that the story is quite unpredictable, and has an edge to it, with some outstanding characters. Logan West have some serious skills and he’s definitely not someone to be messed with.
Army Lieutenant General Victor Ascension Corones is a man out for revenge for the murder of his son. His son D
Brian Miller
Jun 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
I have read all the Logan West books by author Matthew Betley and they never disappoint. Full of action and with a story that keeps moving. Logan West is in the hunt for the Vice President who has left the United States after leading his secret service team into an ambush and their deaths. Logan West is consumed by the need to bring him to justice. This leads to Venezuela and down great action scenes that keep the pages turning.
Thank you Matthew Bentley, Netgalley and Atria books for the ARC for
Jane
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Logan West and his team have been sent to catch the vice president of the United States—who is on the run after faking his own kidnapping and committing treason— and bring him to justice. We follow Logan and his team, with the help of CI Santiago Rojas as they navigate the dense mountain forests of Caracas, Venezuela. A well-written thriller, fast-paced, solid writing, and a great cast of characters. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Many thanks to Matthew Betley, NetGalley and Atria/Emily Bestler
John Wintersteen
Jul 10, 2019 marked it as wish-list-possibles
Shelves: priorities
This is the fourth book in the series out in July 2019. Read Number one first.
Stuart Ashenbrenner
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Matthew Betley keeps topping himself! RULES OF WAR is another guns-blazing battle for the entire novel. I did find that Betley took this book to a more emotional level. I found that he did this in the previous books in this series, but this one, he really stepped up his game in that manner. When I read book #3 in the series, FIELD OF VALOR, literally the first words of the story were gunfire. It was pedal to the metal the entire time without ever letting up. In RULES OF WAR, I found Betley drift ...more
Tom Dooley
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rules Of War is the 4th book from Mr. Betley in this series. If you haven't started this series yet, you should. The two main characters in this series, Logan West and John Quick are not together in this book,but it doesn't matter because the action is nonstop! The Vice President has turned traitor against the U.S.A. and Logan West is put on the trail to catch him. But the V.P. has a few tricks up his sleeve. The action starts on page one and doesn't stop till the end. I thought Field Of Valor, ...more
Julie
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

What a great piece of entertainment! Another home run-out of the ballpark hit for Matt Betley!
On the hunt for a traitorous US VP, the locales move across the Caribbean from the Bahamas to Caracas, Venezuela. Betley's Marine sniper experience gives focus to a tactical analysis approach in storytelling with death and mayhem from the opening pages to a surprise finish.
Betley reintroduces many of the secondary characters from his previous 3 books. Viewed in whole, it is a multi-faceted saga of a m
Phillip III
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of James Rollins get in on the Logan West series. That is my best advice. (As if my advice means anything).

Rules of War picks up where Field of Valor of left off. While most of the world believes the vice president of the United States has been kidnapped, the truth is the manipulative and dangerous man is on the run.

Logan and his team are on a deadly mission. Their goal is to capture and bring the vice president to justice. The problem is there are so many players in the game ge
Linda Munro
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I received the ARC via a goodread giveaway.

I found this book so enticing that I have ordered the book that came prior; don’t get me wrong. This was an excellent stand alone book, but I found myself so totally immersed that I was disappointed that I didn’t have more in this series to read!

According to the info on the book…..

The vice president of the United States is missing, the director of the National Security Agency has been assassinated, and the mysterious organization orchestrating global in
Brendan Morphett
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley and Atria/Emily Bestler Books for the review copy of this book.

With his latest novel Matthew Betley puts himself firmly in contention with the likes of Matthew Reilly as the king of action novels. Picking up straight where the previous novel left off with the traitorous ex vice president on the run, we follow Logan West and his team around the world in a chase to catch him and bring him to justice.

The action starts from page one and doesn't let up until the very end. Not
Dawn
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this and cannot wait to catch up on more of this author's work.

This book is full of action tied to emotional reasons and right or wrong. When Logan West and his crew plus some are after the Vice President after he faked his own kidnapping and had his own secret service detail killed, it's non stop action and decisions that he and his team will have to make that aren't always black and white.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it's characters. I look forward to the next one.

I received this
Marc Harris
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First time leaving a review for a book because I recieved an ARC for it. It will be short and sweet because I suck at these things. Anyways, Rules of War is a 5 out of 5 star book. Following the events of Field of Valor, you get Logan West and Task Force Ares hunting down the Vice President. The actions scenes step up in this book from the previous ones which is cudos to Matthew Betley because is a master of action scenes. Overrall there was not a single dull moment in the book. I would highly r ...more
Kelly
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rules Of War is a beautifully crafted book. Utterly believable characters, and a plot that is relentless.. Be prepared to not get anything done until the climatic ending !
Alan
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The action scenes were magnificent,and definitely deserved the “wow” factor.Some of the best action I have ever read, and I look forward to his next book.
Mark Sutton
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best season of 24 yet. Just kidding, this is way better-written than 24.
Julia
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways-winner
What a Thrill!!! Mr. Betley knows how to keep you entertained and engaged thru the whole book. Logan West and his team are amazing characters!! So happy to be a giveaway winner! Thanks Goodreads
Brandon
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.75
Ryan Hillis
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great thriller about a traitorous American Vice president. Logan saves the day and becomes a father to a baby girl at end of the book.
Phillip
Jul 16, 2019
Thomas Dorman
Phil Strauss
Jul 20, 2019
Matthew Betley grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio, which he considers home after his family moved there from New Jersey, where he was born and which also explains his affinity for the New York Yankees. He attended St. Xavier High School and then Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where he graduated with a B.A. in psychology and minors in political science and sociology. He also spent the first semester of ...more

Logan West (4 books)
  • Overwatch (Logan West, #1)
  • Oath of Honor (Logan West #2)
  • Field of Valor (Logan West, #3)