Start by marking “Making a Play (The Field Party, #5)” as Want to Read:
Making a Play (The Field Party, #5)

Making a Play

(The Field Party #5)

The fifth book in the #1 New York Times bestselling Field Party series—a southern soap opera with football, cute boys, and pick-up trucks—from USA TODAY bestselling author Abbi Glines.

Ryker Lee is finally enjoying his senior year—he has great friends, hangs out with hot girls, and is on track to get a football scholarship that will set him up for college. Despite this, a
Published August 20th 2019 by Simon Pulse

Start your review of Making a Play (The Field Party, #5)
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 SWEET LOVING STARS!! Wow....This story of Ryker and Aurora was so sweet and loving....I could not put it down. Their story touched my whole heart with the obstacles and love these two went through. I love Abbi Glines storytelling, she keep me engaged all the way through. This is one book and series you will want to read.
Madeleine Knutsson
I feel like Abbi Glines have lost it?
Amber Behnke
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel like their aren't character that Abbi Glines can't write. She has characters that deal with so much! She knows how to write the perfect book. I loved Ryker and Aurora. I never wanted this book to end!
Rachel
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I couldn’t put it down. All the challenges the characters faced in this book, set it apart in a wonderful way. My favorite line from the book was “ can I keep you?” After everything that happened it is such a sweet question. Can’t wait to see what’s next in the series.
Jamie
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I’m so excited for this!
Kayla Brunson
I don’t know why I still keep picking up books in this series. Maybe because I’m waiting for one to capture my heart like the first one did? Who knows. I just know that I’m disappointed again.

While this wasn’t as terrible as Losing the Field, it wasn’t anything remarkable either. This entire book takes place over the span of two weeks I believe. Two damn weeks. My eyes should be stuck in the back of my head from all of the times that I rolled them. Y'all, I was supposed to believe that these two
Micheala
I received this ARC from the publisher.

Abbi Glines blew her Field Party series out of the water with this one! I once said book 1 and 3 were the best but I think this one officially takes the top. I found myself so sucked into this book. The issues at hand and the characters were just plain amazing.

When this book was announced, having a deaf girl play the main character made me so excited to read it. I couldn’t help but think that this is finally being done, and why there are not more
Stephanie
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abbi never fails to make me devour a book and give me all the feels at the same time. This book was no exception.

We've all met Ryker but do we really know the man he's grown up to be since first meeting him?

Aurora is Hunter's twin sister and now the new girl in Lawton but she's more unique than just being new to town. She's not only beautiful but deaf.

Ryker is in his senior year and has no reason to want something serious at this point in his life but he's also not the same kid he used to be.

Michelle
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
➳ johanna
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2019
Things we do not appreciate:
1. No diversity until the FIFTH BOOK in a series
2. Cheating and/or encouraging cheating
3. Insta-insta love, like, two seconds, the fuck?

Also my big problem with this whole series: all the guys be acting like the girls literally can't do a single thing on their own and telling them what to do. For example; putting on their seatbelts, carrying all their stuff, telling them to eat, and so on. BORING! It's not like they didn't live before they met y'all.

Otherwise pretty
Cait
Sep 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
This whole book takes place over the course of A WEEK. I have other complaints, but my brain keeps getting stuck on that one.
Kendra Myers
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abbi Glines makes me want to go back to high school and do it all over again. That's saying a lot, because I absolutely hated high school. These boys are so swoon worthy! Why were none of them in my high school?!

Aurora and Ryker have a love story filled with almost equal parts drama and happiness. As happy as they make each other you'd think people would be happy for them. However there sure are a lot of people trying to stand in their way of that newfound happiness. I just kept thinking why
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
As per usual I have many thoughts when it comes to this series. While I really enjoyed this book probably more than the previous four, the story was so damn rushed I have whiplash. It's hard for me to believe in an insta-love that happens between highschoolers especially in this case when they've known each other a week. A single week, one in which they do not even spend full days together. Ryker is/was a man-whore and when we first see him in the beginning he's about to get it on with one of ...more
Anne Milne
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryker and Aurora was such a beautiful powerful story to read. From the moment we meet Aurora you can tell she is going to be special. I loved reading Ryker fall completely under her spell. There are some very real subjects dealt with in this book and Abbi does them justice. Another good book in this series.
Luisa
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I decided a long time ago that I was ready to bypass all the female rivalry and slut-shaming in the all the books of this series, for the sake of my love for this author and the plots, but this one was bad.

First, I’m not really fond of delicate, porcelain, fragile kind of heroine, who are always crying, blushing and wide eyed. Bleh, boring and annoying.

Second, RUSHED, stop for a moment to blink and you lost half of the book, insta love, insta drama, insta solution, insta everything that turned
Emily
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book has some #ownvoices issues. I did listen to the audiobook, and the male protagonist was black, but the reader was white. The female protagonist was deaf and the handling of the cochlear implant was clunky and too easily resolved.
thebookbitch
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
What was this shit show?!
Rebecca/Bex
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love every one of the Field Party books so far, for their feel-good romance and realistic and relatable characters. Each story shows two young loves facing real-word problems that they have to overcome, and Abbi Glines writes them each so well, readers are given insight to how people have to deal with these issues. Previous themes have been: PTSD, death of a loved one, drug use, family drama, being a teen mom, and problems with self image.
Continuing on with these mature themes,
Jerilyn
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK SPOKE TO ME! It was amazing! My family have all interracial relationships and they were faced with the same challenges. When it is worth the fight you just know. I love how Aurora stood up for herself. Being deaf isn’t the only thing that defined her. While Ryker knew that football wasn’t the only thing that defined him either. I’m glad teens can read this and relate it to it. It is good to learn these lessons as soon as possible. This was my MOST FAVORITE QUOTE in the book!!!! “Love ...more
Kayla
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"She reminded me of an angel . . . and I was closer to the devil. I could be her biggest mistake."

Making a Play had a beautiful cover, and even more beautiful story inside. I loved every last minute of this book! Once I started reading it I just could not stop. I swear The Field Party series only gets better and better with each installment. Making A Play was the perfect combination of determination, Football, and high school romance. I love how Abbi Glines doesn't back down from difficult
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
cropped-saucy.jpg
I always look forward to August because Abbi Glines usually releases a new book in The Field Party series. I love the high school “Friday Night Lights” themed books and Abbi’s Field Party series stands out among the others.

Making A Play is quite different from the other books in the series because it deals with physical issues, social issues, and contemporary peer issues. It gives an honest insight into today’s high school environments as well as small southern town life.

Aurora McClay has moved
Roselyn Vazquez
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Making a Play is the 5th book in Abbi Glines' Field Party Series and follows, Ryker, the very popular football star whose reputation as a player and a jerk and Aurora, Hunter's twin sister that many didn't know existed until she moved to Lawton to live with Hunter and their father.
Like the first four books in this series, I absolutely loved this one. Each of the books in the Field Party series address extremely serious topics, such as death, illnesses, cheating, sexual assault, teen pregnancy,
Christie Tulloch
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Making A Play was the perfect ‘end of summer’ read. Aurora Maclay moves to the small town of Lawton thinking it would be the worst decision of her life. She soon realizes that it would not be a problem. Ryker Lee is a heartbreaker, and he is always seen with someone new on his arm. This all changes when the new girl catches his eye. Abbi writes beautifully, even when she writes about the harsh truth and reality behind bigotry and adversity. I loved the meet cute aspect of this love story. Abbi ...more
Colleen Oppenheim
This was undoubtedly my favorite book of the whole Field Party series! Abbi delved into an issue that is as real and true today as it was years ago. Ryker and Aurora's story was amazing in so many ways. There was so many differences between the two that at first I really didn't see how they were going to make it. But Abbi did what Abbi does best, wove a story that touched my heart and made the impossible, possible. Making a Play just reminded me how talented Abbi Glines is as a writer.
Jackie
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Ryker’s character and how he changes and grows. He sees the person he use to be and doesn’t like it once he meets Aurora, Hunter’s twin sister. Aurora is different from any other girl he’s met, she’s deaf. But she’s strong and doesn’t back down. She stands up for what she wants. I really liked her. She became more confident once she met Ryker. But once she’s faced with losing something she grows stronger and knows she can do anything if she can survive that.
Aurora is innocent but
Heather
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book. Very similar read to all the others in the series. My only complaint, the whole book was wrapped up in the last ten pages.
Isabelle (the Book Dutchesses)
3,5 stars
A bit too much instalove for my care.
Karen
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm just a bit too old for these books so I'm going to tell you that the story was sweet and much tamer than most of Abbi's other series. It was pretty interesting regarding deaf and whether that made a difference in relationship or skin color as the father felt.
Kate
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was ok

2.75/5 stars

Again, same issues.

Boy is a jerk, boy meets new girl who has hidden issues, boy suddenly becomes a wonderful and perfect human being because of said girl, deals with own issues or unforeseen thing that prevents their relationship. (In this case, deafness and race)

I wasn't even going to read this one, but I was stuck somewhere on Sunday with nothing else to do, and this was already loaded onto my kindle, so...

I was just laughing the whole time about the stupidity that is this
Lucy
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didn’t know how to say it, but I think I really didn’t like this book. I loved every book of this author.EVERYONE except for this.
I found it banal. This love story didn’t make sense to me. Their story lasted only a week and she made it look like it lasted a lifetime. And this made the story only more unrealistic. Maybe I’m exaggerating but that’s what I think. So stars.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • The Day He Came Back
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn, #2)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • Fix
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • I Hate You
  • Crew Princess (Crew #2)
  • First and Forever (Heartache Duet, #2)
  • Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security, #2)
  • Already Gone
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Closer (Stage Dive, #4.6)
  • Boy in Luv (In Luv Duet, #2)
  • Enchanting Sebastian (Big Sky Royal, #1)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be ...more

The Field Party (5 books)
  • Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1)
  • Under the Lights (The Field Party, #2)
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
  • Losing the Field (The Field Party, #4)
“When I looked at her the first time, it was like . . . everything made sense.” 0 likes