Start by marking “Tonight We Bombed the U.S. Capitol: The Explosive Story of M19, America's First Female Terrorist Group” as Want to Read:

In a shocking, never-before-told story from the vaults of American history, Tonight We Bombed the US Capitol takes a close look at the explosive hidden history of M19—the first and only domestic terrorist group founded and led by women—and their violent fight against racism, sexism, and what they viewed as Ronald Reagan’s imperialistic vision for America.

In 1981, President
Published January 7th 2020 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Tonight We Bombed the U.S. Capitol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tonight We Bombed the U.S. Capitol

Start your review of Tonight We Bombed the U.S. Capitol: The Explosive Story of M19, America's First Female Terrorist Group
Heidi The Reader
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is simple to pretend that people who perform shocking acts of violence are different than everyone else. It's got to be something in their childhoods, we think, or maybe it's a mental illness. The most disturbing part of this book, and it admittedly has many, was that these women seemed so normal, just like you or me.

William Rosenau has combed through court files, newspaper articles and more to write Tonight We Bombed the U.S. Capitol, a non-fiction account of a radical leftist terrorist
Brice Fuqua
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The swords of Mid-Twentieth Century liberal activism were foraged in the fires of the civil rights movement and anti-war protests of the 1960s. By the 1980s, most such activists settled down into conventional, middle class lives. But there was a small percentage of protesters who became increasingly radical, eventually evolving into Marxist terrorists.
These oddballs naively thought that their bombings, robberies, kidnappings and killings would, somehow, trigger a proletarian uprising that
Paul Pessolano
“Tonight We Bombed the U. S. Capitol” by William Rosenau, published by Atria Books.

Category – United States History Publication Date – January 07, 2020.

The first thing the reader must remember is that this is a true story. Terroristic acts did not belong solely to men of their organizations. In the 1980’s there was a small band of well educated young women who had a political agenda that they were willing to sacrifice for. They fought against the Vietnam War, Hispanic and Native American
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Christine Soskins

• The Family Upstairs
  • The Water Dancer
  • This Tender Land
  • Fresh Off the Boat: A Memoir
  • For Small Creatures Such as We: Rituals for Finding Meaning in Our Unlikely World
  • Promethea, Vol. 3
  • A Particular Kind of Black Man
  • Grand Union: Stories
  • The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ
  • Our Dogs, Ourselves: How We Live with Dogs Now
  • Wildhood: The Epic Journey from Adolescence to Adulthood in Humans and Other Animals
  • Molly: The True Story of the Amazing Dog Who Rescues Cats
  • Deep State
  • La Tresse
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of September 11, 2001
  • Janis: Her Life and Music
  • The Dearly Beloved
  • The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching: Transforming Suffering into Peace, Joy, and Liberation