Start by marking “Mine” as Want to Read:
Mine

Mine

Tessa was prepared for the hurricane. Lindsey was the storm she didn’t see coming.

When Tessa Taylor unlocked her husband Ethan’s iPad to discover nude photos from a twenty-six-year-old bombshell named Lindsey, her seemingly perfect life came to a screeching halt.

With a hurricane barreling toward Florida and Ethan stuck on a business trip, Tessa find
Published May 28th 2019 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Mine, please sign up.
Courtney Cole Writing this book didn't help with my demons, per se. Therapy and time did that. :) But writing this book helped assuage my anger. It was very…moreWriting this book didn't help with my demons, per se. Therapy and time did that. :) But writing this book helped assuage my anger. It was very cathartic. (less)

Start your review of Mine
Courtney Cole
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dear Reader,

Before you begin reading this story, I should tell you… this is about every wife’s worst nightmare.
You think it can never happen to you.
It can.
You think you’re impervious to it because you do your best to keep your husband happy.
You’re not.
Trust me, I know.
The title of this story, MINE, has a double-meaning.
Ethan is Tessa’s, so from her point of view, MINE is self-explanatory.
But also… this story… is mine.
At least, parts of it.
My husband was unfaithful. It was a
Holly  B
WOW

You know the feeling when you finish a book and wonder .....  What in the heck did I just read?!  That was this book twice over.

I was immediately drawn into the brewing storm that quickly developed (and I don't mean just the weather). It  consumed my reading time until I closed the book. The kind of book I call addictive,

The wife, Tessa confronts the mistress and the author weaves the themes of lies, revenge, infidelity and high drama together in almost a "frightful, fantasy" scenario. We get both t(and/>
Berit☀️✨
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc-physical
ᴀʟʟ ᴀʙᴏᴀʀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ!

Courtney Cole! Yes! Girl! Yes! Hell have no fury like a woman scorned! So what happens when there are two? Well batten down those hatches or in this case those hurricane shutters. This was one wild and crazy storm of emotion! Tessa finds herself home alone in the middle of a hurricane, she is unable to find her iPad so she grabs her husbands. And what does she find? Messages of a suggestive nature from another woman. So what does she do? Messages her back
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A simple title for a completely absorbing book! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Tessa is a successful mom of three. She’s happily married and just returns home to find a hurricane right on her front doorstep. A literal and figurative storm.

You see, just as the storm is beginning to bear down on the coast of Florida where she lives, Tessa finds out her husband, Ethan, is cheating on her with a younger woman.

Tessa needs answers and calls this woman over to the house pretending to be Ethan… The woman, Lindsey, comes
Susanne  Strong
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
3.85 Stars* (rounded up)

Let the games begin! It’s not exactly the hunger games and yet… may the odds be ever in her favor.

In the middle of a Hurricane during which you are batting down the hatches alone, you find out that your husband of 20 years is cheating. What do you do? Send a text to your husband’s girlfriend from his iPad, convincing her to come to you during the storm? Yeah right. Right!?!?

Wife Tessa does exactly that. Girlfriend Lindsey actually shows up! Tessa, needing answe/>In
Debra
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Tessa, a happily married woman, is forced to weather a hurricane raging outside their home when her husband informs her that he won’t be coming home for their romantic weekend alone that Tessa has been looking forward to. Their children are away, and she wanted this time for them. But he informs her he must remain away on business a little longer for work. After securing her home, she goes looking for her iPad instead she finds her husband's iPad and her whole world falls apart when she finds na ...more
Kaceey
Tessa is riding out a raging hurricane completely on her own. Her two youngest kids are safe, staying with their grandparents. The oldest is away at college. Husband is out of town for meetings, unable to get home.

Now Tessa can’t even find her own iPad, so she reaches for her husband’s. And that’s when her troubles went from very bad to down-right nightmarish!

Tessa is in utter shock as she scans messages to her husband from another woman named Lindsey! And folks let me te
Felicia
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nope. Just nope.

1.5 Stars ⭐

_______________________________________________

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Jonetta
Wow! That was...I really don’t have adequate words to do this story justice but I’ll give it my best.

Here’s the setup. Two women, one the wife and one the newly discovered mistress. Ethan, the offending husband, is out of town and Tessa just discovered his betrayal. She’s alone in their big coastal home with a hurricane bearing down on her, her internal storm growing at the same rate. She lures the girlfriend, Lindsey, to the house, not even sure why but wanting to know at a minimum who her hus
Dita
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mine is a delightfully easy read, I whipped through it in a few fun hours.

Tessa and Ethan have been married for 20 years. Tessa drops her kids with her parents in anticipation of a long weekend at home in Florida with her husband when their plans suddenly change. She is unexpectedly dealing with a hurricane and Ethan cannot get home from his business trip in NYC.

She borrows his iPad and discovers to her horror that her husband has been exchanging sexy texts and racy photos with a 26
Carrie
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Mine by Courtney Cole seemed to be a bit of a drama filled thriller in which there’s not a ton of guessing or twists galore but a flat out intense ride all the way. The story is told by switching the point of view back and forth between the two main characters, Tessa and Lindsay.

Tessa had some huge plans for her and her husband for the weekend while her children were going to be away but of course things do not go as planned. First, as Tessa is rushing home to beat a huge storm that
Paulette
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
This book was intense.... I read in one sitting.

Tessa, has dropped her two teenage kids out of state to stay with her parents, her husband Ethan is in New York on business and she is driving back home to Florida.

Her seemingly perfect life is about to come undone. On her way home to Florida the raging storm has picked up, the winds are howling and the car is being pushed over the road, turning on the radio Tessa learns the storm is developing into a Hurricane. She rushes h
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Mine by Courtney Cole is an intense, heart-pounding portrayal of what happens when a woman is cheated on and finds herself locked in with her husband’s mistress hours after finding out about the affair. The emotions in this book run raw and deep, and I found myself captivated by the story of these women. Add this to your summer reading list—you don’t want to miss it!

About the Book

Tessa arrives home in the beginning of a horrible storm and finds her daughter borrowed her iPad when she went to v
Monika Sadowski
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow!! I’ve just read this novel in one sitting. Book is written so well that I felt sick on my stomach because I thought it was my husband who was cheating on me. Just great mix of thriller and woman fiction which was tens and fast moving.

Thank you to NetGalley and Gallery Books for a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Kendall
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow this was a fun ride!!

This purely was a fast read that you'll have fun with on this train wreck. My goodness... it really was a train wreck... but man did I just really enjoy it!

In the middle of a hurricane, Tessa finds out that her husband has been having an affair. What should you do? Let's just send a text to his mistress's phone pretending to be him inviting her over in the storm. YIKES... let the GAMES begin!

So, let me tell you his girlfriend Lindsey shows up in this shit s
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

You ever have the experience when you run into an acquaintance at the grocery store or in an elevator or a parking lot or some other random public place and ask what you feel is a pretty benign question like “how’s it going?” only to have that person fucking UNLEASH their life on you and tell you all about their cheating husband and demise of their marriage and you’re all like . . . .

Or you respond with something like “we got a new cat” because you don’t know how to co
Tammie
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-lit
Mine, a suspense book, was a solid 3 stars. Mine centers around main characters Tessa and Lindsey. Tessa seems to have it all-she rich, owns a beautiful home and has a loving family. Her life suddenly takes a turn for the worst when she discovers that her husband Ethan is cheating on her with a much younger woman named Lindsey.
When Tessa’s cheating husband is away on business and her children are out of the house-she lures Lindsey to her home under the guise that she’s Ethan and he wants to rid
Lisa Leone-campbell
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when a wife and a mistress meet during a hurricane? Explosions and fireworks!

Tessa Taylor discovers by accident her husband Ethan has been having an affair with a twenty-something year old. Alone in their home she takes it upon herself to invite Ethan's "girlfriend" Lindsey over pretending to be him. As a hurricane battles the Florida house, inside the women battle each other over who Ethan really belongs to.

And nothing is really what it seems as the women re
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars ⭐

What a page turner I loved it!!
Linda Strong

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned .... Contemporary usage of the phrase "Hell Hath No Fury" refers to the pinnacle of anger that has been attained by a jilted woman.

When Tessa accidentally discovers that her husband of 20 years is having an affair, her anger turns as tumultuous as the impeding hurricane outside. Seeing the texts, nude pictures, love talk with a much younger woman on his Ipad sends her into overdrive. Does she ride out the storm until she can confront Ethan in pe
Frank Phillips
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great, fun read!! Perfect for those looking for a lighter thriller or drama. This had me go through a wide range of emotions! If anything i'd recommend this book to anything looking for an entertaining read. I may have to look at Cole's other novels now!
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 STARS

This was an interesting and captivating story.I was mesmerized and I couldn't put it down, I find the story brilliant!I loved most of it, it has suspense, it's intense and dramatic.

description

The story is told in alternating POVs with Tessa's story taking place in the present and Lindsey's taking place in the past with her own version of events of how she met Tessa's husband, Ethan.From the first pages I felt I was a part of th
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I absolutely adored Cole's Saving Beck last year and when I saw she came out with this Domestic/Psychological Thriller, I was beyond excited to receive a surprise copy. SCORE! We get your typical premise when it comes to wife/mistress/husband... but Cole does it with such finesse that I literally opened this book to page one and three hours later turned the last page and finally put it down. Yes, ladies and gents, it's THAT compulsive of a read!

What happens when you make your bed and
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Love doesn’t know boundaries.”

“Maybe not,” I answer.

“But people do. Or people should. Married people are out of bounds.
At least, they should be for any decent person.”

What the actual fuck did I just read?!! It’s been five minutes since I’ve read the last sentence in this book and I can’t for the life of me comprehend wtf I just read!! I knew exactly what I was going into when I started this story and I was more than okay with that because deep down, I felt that this was going to be a journey of
Kelli
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Knowing that the author had personal experience with a cheating husband makes me want to write a glowing review of a story I found to be just okay. I want to be supportive and throw down on her behalf. I want to cheer her honesty and honor her bravery for putting her private life out there, albeit just the bare fact of it with no information on how things sussed out for her. To be clear, this story is fiction but the author divulges in the Acknowledgments that she had an unfaithful spouse and fr ...more
Stephanie (Stephanie's Novel Fiction~on hiatus))
Mine by Courtney Cole is as wild and raging as the damaging hurricane that plays a pivotal part in her novel. It's suspenseful, dramatic, tense, and twisty in all the right places. I stayed up reading it until 5 am, so it definitely kept my rapt attention!

Tessa Taylor is looking forward to a romantic weekend with her husband of twenty years until Ethan suddenly calls to say he's stuck in meetings out of town and not coming home. She's devastated and to make things worse, a category 4
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
in 2018, Cole's book "Saving Beck" made my best fiction of the year list. Now, Cole has returned with "Mine," a psychological thriller that pits wife against mistress in the middle of a major hurricane. Not only is the rain coming down outside, but the world is crashing on the inside of Tessa's house as well. Told in alternating perspectives from Tessa to Lindsay, we get multiple perspectives on the affair and how we are led to this point. Tension is high and drama is plentiful. I can't wait to ...more
 Li'l Owl
She tried to take what was mine.

Lindsay stares at me, doe-eyed. In this moment, she almost looks like a child. A conniving child, but a child nonetheless. She thought she had so much power, sneaking around to steal my husband. She had no idea who she was dealing with.

********

Yikes! There's nothing like a woman scorned!
Two women, one man. Put a wife and a mistress alone together, trapped in the same house during a category four hurricane
and what do you get? The perfect storm!

I'm not quite
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
So so so sad.

I read this because I saw that the author herself wrote it based on the experience she had with her own partner in regards to unfaithfulness.

To say this book was hard to read is an understatement. It was utter torture. it was painful from the get go. From the POV of both women, this was a brilliantly crafted exercise in absolute honesty and pain.

If you abhor cheating in a book, well, this is a book where the entire theme is about it. But not in sense of it b
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like what the Eff did I just read!!! A much too close look at the Putrid and rotting side of marriage - adultery!
"Is adultery an inevitability of life? Do men just get tired of their wives and cheat?"

description

What an Unusual story of double cross & revenge that bounces of like a slinky, upending numerous times. I've never read a cheating trope like this before. Or seen A simple subject treated so distinguishly that it is still lingering in my mind. I'm a little more sceptical, a wee bit more cynical towards happyadultery!
J.D. Robb : Mine by Courtney Cole - August 2019 135 32 Nov 09, 2019 07:53AM

• The Perfect Wife
  • The Third Mrs. Durst
  • The Wives
  • Temper
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She loves giving advice, loving on her kids, red lipstick and blonde hair dye.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about Courtney and her books at www.courtneycolewrites.com

Find her on Facebook at: