Start by marking “The Christmas Gift? (A Barlow Sisters Novella)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Gift? (A Barlow Sisters Novella)

The Christmas Gift?

(Barlow Sisters #3.5)

Rahn is counting sleeps until she gets to spend Christmas with her boyfriend Roman. But can she find him the perfect gift to make up for the fact her parents won’t even let him in their house?

Rahn and Roman are in love.
Her parents? Not so much. The last thing they want is their daughter dating the bad boy from the wrong side of town.
For the first time in her life, Rahn is
Published November 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Gift?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Gift?

Start your review of The Christmas Gift? (A Barlow Sisters Novella)
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
The Christmas Gift? is a sweet addition to the Barlow Sisters books. In this one, we get to know Rahn and Roman. Rahn is Chloe's best friend, and Roman is the drummer in Cairo's band. We've met both of them in previous books, and both were characters I wanted to see more of.

Rahn and Roman both have their own histories to deal with, as do every single couple EVER! These two also have different cultures though, which can add a bit more difficulty to the mix. One thing that is clear from the start
Lenore Kosinski

I received a free copy through the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

4 stars — OMG, I loved Rahn and Roman…they were so cute together. I love sweet characters, and both Rahn and Roman fit that bill. I just wanted to hug them both, and I LOVED the way they loved each other.

I did NOT expect the storyline at all! It threw me totally off-guard, though I did guess before it was confirmed, I just wasn’t expecting that particular confli
Juliana Ignácio
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story and to be able to see again the characters in this series.
Rahn is Chloe's best friend, and Roman is Caleb's best friend. They remained in the city, while most of their friends went to college elsewhere. They come together during the summer and soon start dating.
Their relationship is perfect, since they love each other endlessly, but Rahn's parents don't like him very much, since his past is not so good.
They are eager to spend Christmas together, but when Rahn disappears
Paz Vivanco
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story!

The ending was so perfect! I'm a crying mess right now while writing this review.

It was so lovely to see Rahn's story, she was a cute character, and getting to know her side of a love story was absolutely amazing! She's so strong and believes so much in true love with Roman that made my heart feel so many emotions while reading.

It was the perfect story to start the Christmas season. Highly recommend!
Nana Pickrell
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I was privileged enough to receive an advanced reader copy of this book from the author for a voluntary and honest review.

A very well written short story that has a great storyline and plot. Characters likeable and well described. Rahn and Roman deserve their HEA.
Lola
I received a free copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed it.

I was excited to return back to the Barlow Sisters series for a bit with this sweet holiday novella. The Christmas Gift tells the story of Roman and Rahn, two side characters from the trilogy. They already are in a relationship now and this novella is about their first Christmas together. It's a sweet novella with a bit of holiday cheer and a surprising gift.

This was a fun read, it's pretty sweet and Roman and Rahn make for a gre
Bobo's Book Bank
THE CHRISTMAS GIFT? is a novella set in the Barlow Sisters series. No worries if you haven't read any previous books, though, this is a standalone.

We've met both Rahn and Roman in the original series. Rahn is Chloe's best friend (Foul Play Book 3). Roman is best friends with Cairo (Strike Out Book 2). This is the quintessential opposites attract; boy from the wrong side of the tracks gets the good girl story. Rahn is struggling with her parents' disdain for Roman. Roman is battling with the feel
Linda
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
We meet Rahn and Roman in earlier Barlow sisters books, and given she is Chloe's best friend, I definitely wanted to see her get her own HEA. This was a little more than I expected, but still one of those stories that mimics what happens in life more often than not. The parents who don't approve of the bad boy who isn't good enough for their daughter, the sweet guy who wishes his past wasn't what it was and that he is actually good enough for the girl, and the obedient girl who finally does some ...more
Jennifer G
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rahn and Roman. It's the classic tale of a girl falling in love with the boy from the wrong side of the tracks, the one with a spotty past, the one every parent dislikes. But Roman is no longer that boy. He's legit, going to college, and no one could love Rahn better. She's his perfect girl, his dream, his sunshine. Then Rahn takes off four days before Christmas without saying a word to him and lying to her family and Chloe. Has she figured out that he's not good enough for her and can't figure ...more
Kitlina
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-kindle
Thank you for this wonderful Christmas gift :)
I really liked how Roman loved Rahn. And how Rahn loved him back.
I was a little confused about the Tanaka family since they were supposed to be Japanese but were Christians. Japanese people are not usually Christians. And in fact Roman should have been a Catholic Christian since he is of Hispanic descent.
Anyway, it was very lovely. I hate that they have to struggle so much to make it but at least they have a plan and lots of support.
To tell the trut
Laure
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's almost Christmas and Rahn and Roman are looking forward to seeing friends that are attending colleges in different states. Even though they went to high school with those mutual friends, Rahn and Roman have only been dating for six months. Because of his past, Rahn's parents do not approve of their relationship, but they are in love and determined to stay together. Christmas is just a couple of days away when Rahn tells Roman about their unexpected gift.
Rahn and Roman are beautifully writte
legenbooksdary
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This kind of story makes me believe in love when the reality of it barely makes much sense. I want to believe that there are real love stories like this and I hope that one day, I'll get to experience it too.

I went into this story with a mindset of how light and sweet this story will be but yes, the romance was all there yet it was so much more than that. The characters talked about life, hardships and ups and downs. We all experience that and just the thought of them thinking and talking about
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jordan-ford, romance, arc
This novel was short and sweet and I really want to know what happens to these characters next. These two young characters were meant for each other. From different cultures it was never going to be easy. His past and her parents, will these issues stand in their way? I could see what was coming, it was relatable, so young and their lives about to change...for better or worse, you be the judge. I enjoyed it and recommend this series for the lives of the other characters.
Sophie Koufes
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Gift is A Barlow Sisters Novella that features supporting character's Rahn (Chloe's best friend) and Roman who are from different cultures & ethnicities. A sweet romance with unexpected twists. A perfect Christmastime novella that packs a punch in a short time. I loved seeing the other characters in The Barlow Sisters series and catching up with them. A perfect dose of Christmas cheer. A beautiful novella wrapped up into a perfect package. ...more
Amanda Hoerth-timm
❤️

Im never disappointed when I read a Jordan Ford book and the same goes for her newest addition. Getting to see the Barlow sisters and their overprotective better half's was a wonderful Christmas treat.
Paula Genereau
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet story. I loved it. Was great to see some old characters
Latifa Morrisette
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We Met Rahn early on in the Barlow sisters books and she's also Chloe's best friend. Along with Chloe is Roman her boyfriend, who her parents disapprove of. In this book we see past characters and an unexpected twist that you will love. I'm excited for what is next from this author and I hope you will be too. ...more
Secretly Adorkable Readers
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly sweet ya romance with a continuation of Roman & Rahns book. It is a great Christmas read
CARLA

Ok, this book made me so mad! I know, I know, I shouldn’t judge unless I’ve been in her shoes, but guess what? I have. And I took a different path but I am absolutely judging over here. Honestly, this book was just a little too close to home and I think they were all very immature and just plain stupid. I mean, you ran away? Really? Then you had your girl join you because you didn’t know what to do? Putting her in a difficult situation herself? I found tha
Rachael
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rahn & Roman's sweet Christmas story is a great addition to the Barlow Sisters Trilogy. It was fun catching up with all of the characters, especially Vincent and Chloe. Vincent Mancini is still my favorite!

I loved getting a glimpse of the characters for Jordan Ford's next series. I can't wait to meet the surfers in the Ryder Bay series!
Kate
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Return to the world of the Barlow sisters with this charming holiday novella featuring Rahn, Chloe’s bestie, and Roman, the drummer in Cairo’s band. This read will touch your heart and remind you, that for all of the strains of life, the are just as many joys. And sometimes the surprise curveballs are the greatest gift of all. A great companion to the Barlow trilogy, The Christmas Gift is sweet and heart-warming and well worth the read, whether or not you’ve met the Barlow girls yet or not.

Rahn
kathryne Hutchinson
Barlow sisters must read

I truly enjoyed this Series , I went into the book feeling it was not for me as it’s about teenagers and though it would not hold my attention for long but I was so surprised at how well written it is and how I just wanted To keep turning the Page to see what would happen next. Once I had Finished the books I was Disappointed as I wanted more I do hope there will be more Of these feisty sisters live once they graduate College and move into their adult lives do they marry
Bri Lind
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily leave an honest review of this Advanced Readers Copy.

I really enjoyed reading this story of Rahn and Roman. Their story against all odds was so romantic and loving. Despite her parents not allowing her to see Roman, Rahn stood tall and found ways to see him anyway. To me, that speaks of true love. Roman has such a love for Rahn that he would do anything for her.

The Christmas Gift is such a great part of this series and continues the story of a part of Chaos member's lives. I love h
Michelle Odland
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little love story about two young people in love. While this novella is short, it packs a story big enough for a novel without feeling too rushed. The author has a comfortable writing style and it is an easy read. I found myself rooting for the two of them whether they were enjoying chicken sandwiches or sitting together at the beach. This novella is part of a series that I have not read but I didn’t feel that the history was missing in this story.
April
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Christmas Gift is a short, cute novella about Rahn and Roman from the Barlow Sisters trilogy. I loved seeing these two as a couple and the surprise that happens around their first Christmas. This was the perfect little story to keep me entertained and in the Christmas spirit. If you loved the Barlow Sisters, then you will love this glimpse into Rahn and Roman’s lives.
Sherry Vaughan
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really sweet romance about a young couple who are in love and discover that they are pregnant. This book is totally believable. You can understand the anxiety of the couple and the disappointment of the parents. But, most of all, you feel the love Rahn and Roman have for each other.
Sonia
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It's wonderfully written and just an enjoyable read. I really loved visiting the Barlow sisters again. They are some of my favorite characters and I loved getting a chance to see them again. If your looking for an exciting, fun, heartwarming book, I'd recommend reading this book or any Jordan Ford book in fact!! ...more
Tammy Criswell Brock
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
enjoyable story! Jordan Ford never disappoints
Barbara
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rahn and Roman's story will make you believe in love a well-written story that held my interest throughout. A part of the A Barlow Sisters series. ...more
Heather
Dec 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't finish, there was reference to sex in the first 2 pages and that just isn't my cup of tea. ...more

• My Mistletoe Mix-Up (Ridgewater High #5)
  • The Candy Cane Kiss (Briarwood High, #6)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys, #1)
  • The Perfect Catch (Kissing the Enemy, #1)
  • Playing The Field (The Trouble with Tomboys #3)
  • Playing to Win (The Trouble with Tomboys #2)
  • The Kicker and the New Girl (The Ballerina Academy #4)
  • I Hate You More
  • The Quarterback and the Ballerina (The Ballerina Academy, #1)
  • My Christmas Break Mistake (The Rules of Love #7)
  • The Freshman (College Years, #1)
  • Out of His League (Briarwood High, #1)
  • Jayda's Christmas Wish
  • The Holiday Kiss (Briarwood High, #4)
  • Forever Theirs (The Thalanian Dynasty #2)
  • Theirs Ever After (The Thalanian Dynasty #3)
  • Extra Innings (Girls of Summer Book 1)
  • That One Moment (London Lovers #5; Lost in London #2)
Jordan Ford is a teen and young-adult romance author. She loves to write romance novels filled with angst, mystery, danger and first love. If you're looking for heartfelt romance, loyal friendships, thrilling drama and characters you can fall in love with, then you're in the right place.

“Writing romance brings me the greatest joy. My heart bubbles, my insides zing, and I am at my happiest when im

Barlow Sisters (3 books)
  • Curveball (Barlow Sisters #1)
  • Strike Out (Barlow Sisters #2)
  • Foul Play (Barlow Sisters #3)

News & Interviews