Start by marking “When We Began (Timber Creek)” as Want to Read:
When We Began (Timber Creek)

When We Began (Timber Creek)

4.78  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
A secret that threatens to consume her…
A man who challenges everything…
A connection so strong nothing will ever be the same.

Amber has always been in control. Of her high-powered career, her social life (or lack thereof), and well…pretty much everything. At least that’s what everyone thinks. So, when she finds herself back in her hometown, she’ll do anything to keep up th

To ask other readers questions about When We Began, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When We Began

Theresa Campbell
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I liked this installment of the Timber Creek series with Amber and Logan. This is a clean romance story and good for anyone to read. It's great hearing from the other characters in the series and basically getting additional stories woven into this one. I received an advance copy of this book from the author and this is my honest and voluntary review.
Gale
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Of all the friends in this series, Amber Monroe comes across as strong, capable, and in charge of her destiny. At least that’s the “face” she’s wearing when she moves back to her hometown. To me, it was a pretty deep, intricate story of how she grew into the capable, in-charge woman that she is, but when we first meet her, she is reeling from her life being in a state of huge upheaval. I won’t retell the story because I truly couldn’t even begin to say how much depth there is to it. She needs to ...more
Pam
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elena Aiken has given her readers another exceptionally emotional story. Amber has come home to help her best friend Drew. She just didn’t admit to the entire reason she’s come home. Amber has been given a second chance at life but doesn’t want to tell anyone what happened. Logan is trying to get his horse therapy program off the ground. He wasn’t prepared to be attracted to someone. He still carried guilt around about his girlfriend’s death.

Ms. Aitken gives her readers wonderfully flawed chara
Yvonne Cruz
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The author delivers another thought provoking story in this third book of her series Timber Creek. A series about a group of individuals whose childhood friendship has continued into adulthood.
This one belongs to Amber Monroe. The go getter, superwoman whose life has been turned upside down when she is fired from her prestigious job. She has kept secrets and now is back home not only to help her widowed friend , but also to try and put her life and relationships back together.
She meets Logan My
Christine Chiraini
Like all of Elena’s books this is a light hearted, fun read. It was a real pleasure meeting the new character Logan and getting to know the mysterious Amber. Ambers story was a bit of a surprise from a typical contemporary romance storyline which was a great change. Although some of the storyline was a little predictable it didn’t take away from the feel good story. It was nice to see past characters emerge in the story and catch glimpses of what I’m assuming are future stories in this series. I ...more
Becky Claxon
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Ms Aitken’s writing, but this story started a little slow for me. As I know how well she writes, I kept reading and I am so glad I did! This book had me crying and laughing. It was not easy to see how hard Amber had been on herself most of her life, and what it caused her to do. She had such an A type personality, and couldn’t let up on herself. I have seen so many people in life do that, even myself. I have heard that horses are very good therapy for us crazy humans. I loved that Logan n ...more
Penny Leidecker
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t recommend this whole series highly enough. Every book in this series is a fantastic read and When We Began is no exception. This book centers around Amber and Logan, but we get to catch up with her three best friends , Drew, Cam, and Christy, too. This book was an emotional read that was beautifully written. I was so caught up with this story that I read it in one sitting. If you love books that tell of second chances at love, but most importantly at life, then you will love these books. ...more
Michelle
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all things Elena writes. This book is no exception. Amber has her secrets but she quickly shares them with an unlikely friend.... Chester, a horse. Even though she has no belief that this will help, she quickly finds she is feeling better, finding love, and improving her relationship with her father. Such a great community of friends to support each other. I love them all. I can't wait for the next book in the Timber Creek Series.
Tracy Flick
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2018
What another great addition to the Timber Creek series. Logan and Amber are wonderful together. I love how supportive Logan is of Amber when she's coming to terms with her past. I have enjoyed all of the characters in this series and the friendship/relationships that they have with each other. I cannot wait to the next book in this series.
Carol
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful chapter of the Timber Creek crowd. Amber came home to help Drew deal with the death of her husband, but kept her problems to herself. When she thought her dad might be being exploited at a "horse therapy" farm, she went to investigate only to find it helping her too. The chemistry between Logan and Amber was very subtle but really there.
This was such a good book, I couldn't put it down until I finished. The story touches all the girls in the previous books and hints at more for
Kirstie Ibrahim
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this just as much as the previous 2 in the series.

I enjoyed Ambers story and how her life changed from being so in control and career focused - on the outside - all whilst battling demons on the inside. I liked the idea of Logans horse therapy too. A good story and an easy read.
Karry
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I loved this book! I am a firm believer in the healing power of animals. Having such an amazing storyline surrounding that theology made this hilarious and super sexy story, instantly more meaningful for me. This was such a powerful read. I absolutely recommend this book. Especially, to every animal lover and anyone dealing with emotional, mental, or spiritual issues. Maybe it will inspire you, like it did me.
Amanda Bordner
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amber and Logan’s story in When we Began by Elena Aitken was the story I have been waiting for and I was NOT disappointed!

This book was so well written, was full of emotion, and had me hooked from the very beginning. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I definitely recommend reading the other books in the series first to get the full effect. Seeing other characters again from the other books was a fun treat!

Just buy the book and clear your schedule. You won’t regret it.
Bella
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this unique story. A really powerful and poetic tale of love, hope, betrayal and forgiveness. Elena Aitken's voice is unique, her writing style mesmerising, and this book was everything I hoped it would be. An absolute must-read series.
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
After two books in the Timber Creek series, I admit I was a little more than curious about what was going on with Amber. She's powerful, she's ambitious, she's goals personified. But I knew there had to be more to her than meets the eye because no one can have it all together all the time.

Amber and Logan have incredible back stories that I wasn't at all expecting. The strength and perseverance that they both showed in picking up and moving forward was pretty inspiring. I loved them, both indivi
KimberlyDawn
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When We Began is book three in the Timber Creek series. Amber and Logan's chemistry is amazing. When secrets get spilled, will that be the one thing that helps her find her way finally? Or maybe it's the horses. Or could it actually be Logan himself? I loved their story. It sucked me in, and I couldn't stop reading. I definitely recommend this book.
Coral Mitchell
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amber has a terrible secret she hid from everyone. Logan loves Amber's fire and willingness to help herself. Amber is quite selfish and continues to lie. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
suze joyce
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elena gives us an emotional reality into what some people resort to to make it in the rollercoaster of life. Amber struggles to recover but will Logan be able to help?
Debra
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHEN WE BEGAN is a must read! Amber Monroe was a highly successful attorney with a shocking secret. She has temporarily come home to Timber Creek to be with her best friend who needs help after the death of her husband. Logan Myers is slowly healing from a tragic loss with the help of his horses. He has a Equine Therapy Program that helps children and adults heal. Amber’s Dad volunteers, she doesn’t think he should and confronts Logan. Sensing that Amber is hurting Logan challenges Amber to try ...more
Linda Dossett
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, is the only word for this newest book. This read is so sweet, it makes my teeth hurt. That said, the story line is a good one. This is a second chance novel, not in the classic sense but as a chance for change and to move forward. Personal demons are real, they are abusive and everyone has a personal demon of one type or another. This story touches on the very surface of abuse issues. It is a light, sweet (there’s that word again) read, enjoyable. Put your feet up and enjoy.
Angela Reed
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most phenomenal and captivating romance book ever to be written!!!

Elena Aitken has done it again! Elena Aitken has delivered a very powerful and amazing story. She always knows what her readers want in a story and never fails to deliver. Her words are very captivating and she can mezmerize her audience with the story. She always grabs your heartstrings and tugs on them. Can I just say before you read When We Began grab a box of tissues. You will definitely need them. If I could could convinc
Jimnlori
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next book when it comes out in the winter of 2019.
Amber Monroe didn't expect her life to turn out this way, but it had and now she was going home to regroup and figure out what was next for her life. Being able to help Drew and Austin during this heartbreaking and difficult time gave her something to focus on besides herself so that was a definite plus. As far as the rest she was still struggling and hoped her frien
Kris Woltzen
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
NO STORYLINE SPOILERS Wow Elena has delivered another emotional roller coaster of a sweet romantic book. I love this Timber Creek series and getting to know all these friends and the town. Amber and Logan's story is not to be missed they both have come through very rough times in their lives to get where they are at and have to over come a few more thing to keep moving forward. Wonderfully developed characters and storyline no cliff hangers.
Cheryl
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ANOTHER WONDERFUL TEARJERKER.😢❤❤

Just can’t get enough of these books. Amber and Logan were incredible together. Both had so much to deal with from their past, but with some help from family, friends and some special horses they moved on. Not many books can draw you in like these and make you feel like you right there with the characters. ❤
Elena Aitken
Oct 09, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
It's HERE!
Amber and Logan's story is live!!

Amazon - http://smarturl.it/BEGANAMZ
Apple - http://smarturl.it/BEGANiBOOKS
Nook - http://smarturl.it/BEGANNOOK
Kobo-  http://smarturl.it/BEGANKOBO
Google Play - http://smarturl.it/BEGANGP

description
Donna
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second chances describe Logan and Amber perfectly, but do they realize it. Life has dealt them a tough blow and can they come out on the other side? A beautiful story about tough choices and new beginnings.
Mary
Oct 17, 2018
Michelle
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the things I enjoy about reading Elena Aiken’s books is that they are not typical formulaic romance novels! Amber comes to Timber Creek to help out her best friend after her husbands death. But when Amber doesn’t seem to be planning to head back to San Francisco anytime soon, her friends start to wonder what’s going on. Logan is back home trying to get an equine therapy program going. Amber is a big naysayer at first but can the horses help her with her issues? Can Logan get past the deat ...more
Rita
Sherry
Oct 06, 2018
Emily
Oct 07, 2018
Elena Aitken is a USA Today Bestselling Author of more than thirty five romance and women’s fiction novels. Living a stone’s throw from the Rocky Mountains with her teenager twins, their two cats and a goofy rescue dog, Elena escapes into the mountains whenever life allows. She can often be found with her toes in the lake and a glass of wine in her hand, dreaming up her next book and working on he ...more