Start by marking “Umbra (Dimension Drift #0.2)” as Want to Read:
Umbra (Dimension Drift #0.2)

Umbra

(Dimension Drift #2)

One day, eighteen-year-old Thorne could become the Emperor of the Omniverse, the single being who rules countless worlds. Trouble is, Thorne's father, Cole, is both the current Emperor and a sadistic freak. In fact, Cole won't even keep his promises to the very humans who got him his throne.

Well, Thorne won't stand for it.

Our hero takes a break from saving the Omniverse
Published March 26th 2019 by Monster House Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Umbra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Umbra

Start your review of Umbra (Dimension Drift #0.2)
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on http://bookaddict.live,
Oh god I can’t wait for Alien Minds after reading about Thorne and his fight to do the right thing for the Universe and to help others. Once he meets Meimi everything changes, and looking after her and finding out everything about her is paramount.
This is the second Prequel and is from Thorne’s point of view, so to get a balance view before we all enjoy Alien Minds coming next month its best to read Scythe which is from Meimi’s point of view and is on KindleUnl
Anie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
Received from Xpresso Book Tours

OMG, this was so good!! And it's only a prequel 😲. After reading Schythe and now Umbra, I can't wait to dive into Alien Minds. :)

The world described is very rich, imaginative and one of a kind. I a world of multiverses, Thorne is one of three sons of the Emperor, who rules them all. The Emperor is a real jerk and when people who helped him get a throne are in trouble, Thorne decides to help. He fins Meimi and falls for her. Their connection runs deeper than just r
Kim
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Umbra is the second prequel novella set in Umbra, a dystopian dimension where infinite dimensions of Earth and other planets are a reality, but usually unbeknownst to the population with a few exceptions. It is basically the first novella, but from Thorne's point of view and the events leading up to him finding his transcendent (soulmate), Meimi. Prince Thorne is the third son to the mentally unstable Emperor of the Omniverse, and in a constant fight to prove himself as he is seen as the least l ...more
Tonja Drecker
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy read story, which is fun to get lost in and enjoy every action-filled moment.

Thorne is the third son to the Emperor of the Omniverse, and in a constant fight to prove himself. Unfortunately, his father is no longer the man he once was and has become a jerk. When the human who helped put Cole on the throne begs for help, the Emperor refuses her. So Thorne goes against orders and sneaks off to the reality of Earth where she resides. There, he not only learns what she wants him to d
Katherine Paschal
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**Review can be found at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/ **

Thorne is the "extra" prince, the unwanted one who has almost no power (aka Sentient, the alien technology that enhances special talents) but spends his time trying to save other worlds and dimensions from destruction. When a debt is called in and his father the king refuses to pay his due, Thorne decides to honor that debt in his place. But Thorne had no idea what he was going to find on this mission, and that it would alter his l
Mikkayla
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you NetGalley for the free copy of Umbra, in exchange for an honest review.

Please only read on if you have read Book 1.

This is Thorne’s story in the Dimension Drift series. Thorne is a prince on the planet Umber, but he is seen as the weakest prince.

“My brothers and I make up the royal family of Umbra. We’re expected to wield exceptional powers with sentient. Slate and Justice do; I don’t. That makes me the chipped jewel in an otherwise-perfect crown.”

He is a protector of the Omniverse.
Mikkayla
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ophelia
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
The timescale of this book overlaps with that of Scythe and much that happens there happens here so if you're not a big fan of novellas then you can wait to read Alien Minds book one of this series. However, having said this I would 100% read this if you enjoyed the first as it gives you so much more insight on the circumstances from Thorne's perspective and a better understanding because as a being of Umbra he has more knowledge on the world that Meimi was lacking in Scythe.

Personally, I prefe
Brittani
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the first Prequel to the Dimension Drift series, Scythe before I read this one and I loved it. As soon as I finished it, I immediately started reading Umbra.

Agh, I am just such a huge Christina Bauer fan now. I honestly had not heard of her before starting her Angelbound series, and holy crap after that one? I mean..I thought it couldn't get any cooler.

Yet, here I am. Writing a review for another series by her that just wow'd me. The way the world building and character structures all fi
Mrs. Kenyon
Thorne may be in the line of succession for Emperor of the Omniverse, but he knows one thing … he does not want to be a ruler like his father. Cole is an Emperor who doesn’t keep his promises to those who put him on the throne and Thorne knows that is not right. When Thorne decides to take a break from saving the Omniverse by going to the human world, he discovers his transcendent … his one true love. Thorne never thought he would find his transcendent and he is highly motivated to do what he ca ...more
Tess
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay. OKAY.

Drift science, the omniverse, hot aliens with magic science powers who save worlds? Yeah sign me up.

In Umbra we meet Thorne Oxblood who just so happens to be a prince. But not like a great prince because he’s got limited ‘sentient’. What’s sentient? Well it’s little science partials that make drift science work.

Basically Thorne is the black sheep of the royal family who goes out on missions to save alternate earth dimensions from imploding. It’s actually a pretty swanky concept. Th
Andrea Thompson
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I adore Christina Bauer's work. I stumbled into another series of hers, quite by accident, and now I can't get enough. This one I picked up out of order (it's a bad habit of mine) but it didn't matter one bit. I was sucked into the story and character of Thorne immediately and it was thoroughly enjoyable and without need for the other book as context.

One of my very favorite things about this story is that while it is obviously sci-fi, it feels very much like a video game to me. That may be weird
Phoebe
Wow! Umbra shows a completely different side of the conundrum ahead in the “Dimension Drift” series written by Christina Bauer.

Bauer utilizes Umbra to show us Thorne’s version of the same events which happen in book one, Scythe. In some ways, it reads like a completely different book because we are reading about Thorne’s world which is an alien world. We view all of his problems and how they will impact his time on Earth and his relationship with Meimi.

This book does not have the emotional conne
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Eighteen-year-old Thorne travels to other dimensions/realms to save their worlds and the people who live there. Thorne is assigned a task to travel to an alternate Earth to help a human woman find her daughter. What Throne doesn’t count on is falling in love.

In the blink of an eye the love of his life is taken from him and whisked away by a man who is interested in Meimi because of the things she can do. Throne has a short time frame in which to find Meimi before she disappears. Throne must com
Victoria
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having also read the first prequel 'Scythe' I must say I'm really looking forward to reading the main story!

Umbra takes you along with Thorne, we get to know a bit more about him, his family and the situation they are in. What troubles they have themselves on Umbra (well, the royal family at least) and what transpired for Thorne to be on Earth for Meimi. It was especially nice reading his point of view of the happenings in Scythe.

It was well written with no (noticeable) errors and there is no se
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
This too, like the first in the prequel portion of this series was . . . . Exciting. Entertaining. Leading. Compelling. Since prequel book one, I wanted to know more of Thorne. I wanted to see more of him and inside his head. I go the chance and now paired with Scythe (prequel book 1) I am immersed all inside this world once again.

Christian Bauer take you on a journey to a world and gives you a detail description of the world, its people, its layers that surround the characters. You have so muc
Jesseruth (Oracleofmadness)
This is so much fun! The second book in the Dimension Drift series is told from the perspective of Thorne Oxblood. That's right, Meimi's sexy transcendent who is known for fighting Inter-Dimensional Disasters. Thorne is from a different planet, another world, Umbra. Although he is an alien, he fits in with humans quite well, mainly due to his use of sentient that can do anything from change appearances and clothes to break through walls. He has two brothers, Justice and Slate, and his father, Co ...more
Ashley Dawn
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to start this with I'm a huge fan of this author. There isn't anything I've read from her that I haven't liked. I'm not usually a big fan of prequels but this one was really good. It is a short book but has a lot in it. Thorne is in line for the throne of the Omniverse but his father is a complete and total jerk.

I liked how the author created the worlds, I love to get insights into how others' minds work. Thorne is a good guy. He goes around saving worlds and then he meets Meimi. There i
-RadioactiveBookworm-
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Have you read Scythe and fallen in love with the characters like the rest of us? Then I’m sure you’re ready for the next prequel installment, Umbra. Told first person from Thorne’s point of view, we really dig deep into his backstory, and get to know him and his alien race a little better. I couldn’t wait to check this book out, and I’m glad I got the chance to.

Check out my full review here!

Brandy Mulder
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book follows the same time line as Scythe, but from Thorne's side of the story. I do recommend reading Scythe first, but it's not necessary. They can be read in either order. You learn more about Thorne's family, and his life as a prince. You also find out why his family would help someone from Earth. This book also goes a little bit past the ending of Scythe which is nice because you learn some more about what she won't know for reasons that are obvious after reading Scythe. There is a bit ...more
Jessica Robbins
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle, blog-tour

Bauer has some amazing world building skills I must say as yet again my mind is blown after reading one of her books. This prequel gives insight into Thorne and the people of Umbra in general as this story unfolds. Being a new world I had no clue what to expect so each page held a brand new surprise. I am already addicted to the characters what can I say. A must read for fans of the author or just urban
Anna Fox
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this second book that told of events from Thorne's point of view. It is always interesting to get the story from the love interest as it adds an added dimension. Ms. Bauer's story lines and world building fascinating and I tend to read her books in one sitting.

Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a change to read this book in exchange for an honest review. - I look forward to more in this series.
Jasmin Munoz
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 19march
This was a great read! I personally think POVs from the hero are a little more fascinating than those of their heroines and that did not change with this story. Thorne really gives you insight as to how important his relationship (lack of relationship?) with Meimi is. I think both Scythe and Umbra together compliment each other. Can not wait to be able to read the next book in this series!
teresa hillendahl
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So this book we follow the character Thorn and learn about what makes him tick. We find out he’s got some serious issues he needs to work through and he’s got to figure out what he’s willing to do to get through them. This story builds a world of action, adventure and makes you see things in a different light. Can’t wait for the next one!!!!
Teresa Kizzar
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Royals have problems too!
This book is from Thorne’s point of view. It tells of his families problems. Umbra shows that Royals have family problems too, not everything is perfect. You learn what Thorne is willing to do to be with Meimi. I was left wanting more! Can’t wait to read the next one! A must read!
Brandi Wolfertz
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Christina Bauer's writing, and this story captured me just like the others! This is the second prequel in the series, and I can tell, I'm really going to love it! This is the story of the first prequel but from Thorne's perspective. The world is creative and fascinating! I can't wait to dive into the first book Alien Minds!
Stine Hopsdal
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
*free copy received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

I love this world!

This is the second prequel before the full-length first book, and it gave an interesting view from the ''other side''. It answered a lot of questions I had from the first prequel, and it gave me a good foundation for the continuation of the series.

Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This title provides a bit more detail about Thorne and his family including his father who is becoming more dangerous by the day.

The timeline does go back through some of the timeline from the first title, Scythe, Only this time the viewpoint is all Thorne.

Note ~ I was provided with a digital copy via NetGalley. No promise of a review here was given and all opinions are my own.
Scarolet Ellis
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Umbra (Dimension Drift Prequels Book 2) by Christina Bauer is a wonderful story that I have read. This is book number two in this wonderful series that I really loved reading. I highly recommend this story to everyone that loves readin YA stories.
Michelle Daly
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised on how much I liked this book and want to continue reading! It was a great intro into the series and I can’t wait to see what happens! Prince Throne is quickly becoming one of my favourite male characters!
Goodreads Librari...: fix series name 3 15 Jul 31, 2018 04:37AM

• Winter by Winter (Sword Girl #1)
  • Off Limits (The Scottish Billionaire #1)
  • Cinderella Is Dead
  • The Goddess Twins
  • Brina the Cat #2: City Cat
  • Hideaway
  • The Body in the Garden (Lily Adler Mystery #1)
  • The Burning
  • Checkmate: This is War (Travis & Viola, #1; Checkmate Duet, #1)
  • Super Doll
  • 13 Billion to One: A Memoir: Winning the $50 Million Lottery Has Its Price
  • In My Dreams
  • A Reckless Love (Daughtry House, #3)
  • A January Bride
  • A December Bride (A Year of Weddings, #1)
  • Chinks!
  • Love in Hiding (Love Beyond Danger, #1)
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too. Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-in ...more

Dimension Drift (2 books)
  • Alien Minds (Dimension Drift #3)
  • ECHO Academy (Dimension Drift #4)