Start by marking “The Peached Tortilla: Modern Asian Comfort Food from Tokyo to Texas” as Want to Read:
The Peached Tortilla: Modern Asian Comfort Food from Tokyo to Texas

The Peached Tortilla: Modern Asian Comfort Food from Tokyo to Texas

Eric Silverstein, whose restaurant, The Peached Tortilla, was singled out by TheNew York Times as “One of the Five Places to Go in Austin,” shares 100 recipes for delicious Asian street food . . . with a modern Southern and Southwestern twist!

“The recipes are outrageously good. I'm talking post-it-on-your-Instagram-stories good. I'm talking
Published May 7th 2019 by Sterling Epicure

To ask other readers questions about The Peached Tortilla, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Peached Tortilla

Start your review of The Peached Tortilla: Modern Asian Comfort Food from Tokyo to Texas
Crystal
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always hesitate to review cookbooks or mark them as read, because I don't often read every word in a cookbook. I usually flip through all the recipes, to see if there's anything I can or want to eat, and then, if so, I read the rest of the book. If not, there's not much interest for me in the stories of how the author came about with the recipes. The Peached Tortilla is no exception. I got this as a freebie at a library conference--a beautiful hardcover (expen$ive) freebie, and while I ...more
Meredith
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookery, food, texas, japan
Well, now I know where to eat in Austin.
Lots of good ideas in here, although the layout was a little hard to follow (lots of "see page [other]"). I enjoyed the memoir bits, and the photography is gorgeous. Everything you want in a chef-book.

PS to add: if you don't want to eat brisket, though, maybe find a different book.
Kai Coates
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven’t actually made any of the recipes yet, so it may be a bit premature to rate. I did actually read this cookbook though. Most of the time the chef’s bio is boring filler, but Silverstein’s was compelling. His food is “fusion” for a reason - it closely mimics his own multicultural heritage.

On to the recipes: So, I have the great pleasure of living in Austin and can eat at the actual Peached Tortilla restaurant or food trucks. There’s even a location at the airport. I want to try to make
Marci
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography, cookbooks
I typically don’t log the cookbooks I read. But I actually read every word of this one. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Great balance of biography, cookbook, and Asian grocery primer. I’m not convinced you could find all of the ingredients in a rural area, like where I live. But it seems pretty accessible.
Kareemah
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Skimmed through it but I was so impressed with the clear instructions, the make-ability aspect of the recipes I told my mom about it. She started writing things down then just went ahead and bought a copy for us.
Andréa
Jun 28, 2019 marked it as reference
Note: I received a copy of this book from the publisher at ALA Annual 2019.
shannon
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great stories and yummy recipes
Harrya007
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Adventures of Food Truck, good recipes to sample and try.
Ariste Egan
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
The recipes sound tasty but too many require multiple steps using some obscure ingredients.
cami eastwood
Kirsty
Sep 14, 2019
Melissa
Dec 18, 2019
rated it did not like it
Nov 18, 2019
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meredith
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookery, food, texas, japan
Well, now I know where to eat in Austin.

Kai Coates

Ariste Egan
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Andréa
Jun 28, 2019 marked it as reference
Note: I received a copy of this book from the publisher at ALA Annual 2019.
Harrya007
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Adventures of Food Truck, good recipes to sample and try.
shannon
Davis Parker
May 22, 2019
Matt V.
May 23, 2019

• Tidelands (The Fairmile #1)
  • Spiced: Unlock the Power of Spices to Transform Your Cooking
  • Indian-ish: Recipes and Antics from a Modern American Family
  • In the Presence of Evil (Christine De Pizan Mystery #1)
  • Bite the Biscuit (Barkery & Biscuits Mystery, #1)
  • Outrun the Moon
  • Murder on Bank Street (Gaslight Mystery, #10)
  • Bazaar: Vibrant vegetarian and plant-based recipes
  • The Dead Will Tell (Kate Burkholder, #6)
  • Black Diamond (Bruno, Chief of Police, #3)
  • Black Wings Beating (Skybound #1)
  • Find Me (Call Me By Your Name, #2)
  • The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza
  • The Lager Queen of Minnesota
  • L.A. Mexicano
  • Mark of the Thief (Mark of the Thief, #1)
  • The Book of Dead Days (Book of Dead Days, #1)
  • Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight, #1)