Start by marking “Willa's Beast (Icehome, #3)” as Want to Read:
Willa's Beast (Icehome, #3)

Willa's Beast

(Icehome #3)

Beast. Creature. Monster.

Dangerous.

All of these things have been said about Gren.

Willa doesn’t believe it, though. She knows that monsters can sometimes come in appealing packages. She knows that for all of his snarls and fearsome appearance, he’d never hurt her.

And she knows she has to get Gren away from the Icehome camp, because no one will ever see him as a pers
Published October 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Willa's Beast, please sign up.
Caledonia Her Facebook page says it should be out this weekend.
Zuzu Lu On her facebook, she had said she would be working on Angie's story pretty soon. I was trying to find the link for you but the feed moved too fast…moreOn her facebook, she had said she would be working on Angie's story pretty soon. I was trying to find the link for you but the feed moved too fast since yesterday.
Definitely try all her books. I love the Ice Planet Barbarians! Her Dragon series is wonderful also.(less)

Sophia Triad
Gren and Willa

Although this is a very well written book, it is definitely my least favourite story that takes place in the blue barbarians universe.

And the one simple reason for this is the main character, Willa. I couldn't stand her at all from the beginning of the book until the end.
I found her behaviour unnecessarily neurotic to the point that I had to discard many book pages in order to avoid her internal battle to accept other people's kindness and tolerance for her senseless and illogic
♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔
GUESS WHO FINALLY GOT THIS ON HER KINDLE!?

description

YES YES. I know, I'm super trash for this series alright?

description

WHY IS THIS NOT OUT YET!?

Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

This book was great but after a while (this is wayy pass the 50% mark) I just couldn't stand Willa.?

I understand having bad experiences and baggage but letting all that have so much control over you is beyond my understanding.

Also, this has to be the weirdest Ruby Dixon I have ever read. And she's known for her alien erotica so just imagine! xD

Now off to my favourite of the book, Gren.

(Now I don't know about y'all but this is what I see when I imagine Gren)

So, in the beginning it was all like t
MeaganCM
I love RUBY DIXON and I love anything that has to do with the IPB series and all the spinoffs! I hope Ruby never stops writing.
BleuBelle
DNF
I couldn't stand the Heroine. And the way she talked was really annoying.

Hero and Heroine can't understand each other. The only word they understood for the first part of the book was "friend". Reading it felt very childish.

But my main problem with this book was the way the Heroine escaped with the Hero. In order to free him from his bounds she has to overcome the "guard". He's part of the tribe that saved the Hero and Heroine and gave them food, shelter and clothes. And in return Heroine bas
Jacqueline's Reads
4 Stars

The book started out as 5 stars, but towards the second half, mostly Willa, she got REALLY annoying so I dropped it down a star.

I try to do the audio version of this series because I really like listening to it. Although I’m not a fan of smutty reads via audio, I thought this one was pretty unique.

First off, Felicity does a really great Southern impression and it’s very strong. It might not be everyone’s cuppa, but it didn’t bother me at all. It’s very thick that’s all I can say.

Sean Cris
Mei
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
I'm fairly agree with Umaiya's review! :-)

Only one thing different that I kept seeing Beast and dark grey instead of golden! LOL

I was exasperated with Willy too! She started as a reasonable being, but soon lapsed into paranoia!

She made some really bad decisions that could have ended very, very badly!

The constant reference to her trashy junkie mother was OTT, but she just couldn't stop comparing people who didn't have anything to do with her to her.

I wanted to congratulate Brooke when she gave a
♛ Garima ♛
Why does this happen all the time? Everytime, I read Dixon's book, it happens that I am more invested in other people's story then the main one. Like when I was reading Veronica's, I wanted to read Willa's. and while reading this (Willa's story), all I wanted to do was to read Angie's story. What is wrong with me?

Ok so Willa's story- right....once bad decision after another. Gren, I can understand, he was slave for a long time and cannot trust anyone since he was 'created not born' Gladiator --
 Rosebud
Waking up after being released from a stasis chamber on an bitterly cold ice planet is not something Willa thought would ever happen but here she is. Trapped on a planet with no hope of leaving, if she is to believe the resident sa-khui's. So far the welcoming committee has been polite and respectful to Willa and others who have ended up on the planet, except for Gren who is tied up and kept as a prisoner though he's done nothing wrong. They say he's an animal. They say he's dangerous. They fear ...more
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
10 stars for Gren and 1 for the rest so I'm bringing it all up to an average of 3.

If you were to ask me what this story is about, I'd say: 'Taming a beast'. And the authour does a fabulous job with our MC.

Gren is a genetically engineered beast, a monster created with DNA from different species for the sole purpose of fighting in the arena as a gladiator. His life is a series of cages, fights and beatings. He knows no kindness and no other touch except that of a weapon or a club.

The author shows
Tricia Len
Ruby Dixon has the corner on her Ice Planet Barbarians! I fell in love with Gren....a former slave, saved by the people of the Ice Planet. He had been created, and abused, and forced to fight for his masters so he has a lot of trust issues. But he is a wonderful being with a warm good heart.

Willa....wow I really struggled with her. First of all if you are going to write a Southern girl who uses Southern slang....get it right. I grew up in the south and no one calls a person ya'll....ya'll means
Shanna Matheo
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - Cute, quick easy sunday afternoon read.
Under the Covers Book Blog
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Willa's been watching the way these strange blue, behorned...aliens have been treating Gren. He may look like a wild untamed beast, but he's still a person and the more they treat him like an animal, the more he fights. So, although the blue aliens have been nothing but kind to her and her fellow humans after rescuing them from a crashed spaceship, she starts formulating a plan to free Gren and escape Icehome.

Delta
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Delta by: Campbell
I think that Willa’s Beast is my favorite of the Ruby Dixon books I have read, thus far. Of course, I may need to read all of the Ice Planet Barbarian and Ice Home books over to be sure. That is the only responsible thing to do!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

I feel like my reviews of Ruby Dixon's books are becoming slightly repetitive. There's
MsKingsPens
2 stars for Gren...

If you have read any of my longer reviews, you've probably realized that I have to like the female lead. I can't love a romance where I just like the male lead.

I don't live vicariously through the FL nor do I read to fantasize about David Gandy look a likes. The FL needs to be someone I am rooting for. Honestly, both leads do in a romance... why should I care about the relationship of people I don't like? So, this book was tough because I wanted to snatch Willa bald!

I didn't
Julia
Oct 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF

I might come back to this one later.. I just cant stand when syfy/paranormal romance is written like a high school rom com. "What if he doesnt like me?! Woe is me, what if im not pretty enough for the alien waaaaaaah. I better distance myself so I dont get hurt *cries.*"- heroine
give it a rest.
Leigh
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it

Willa's Beast was a very enjoyable read. I loved Gren and Willa was pretty awesome herself. I loved how fierce she was in her protection of Gren and how she would always put his needs above all else. Now while I loved their story, their mating after a while became really boring. I understand the why but after a while it became to much. I look forward to more in this series.
Angela~supermom~
description

I loved this one so much. I'll be honest and say that Willa did annoy me, just a smidge. I mean, the way she tried to protect Gren in certain situations was cute and admirable and all, but FUCK! Just relax a little bit. Over there acting like all our other precious blue hunks were out to get her and her man.

Smh.

Who did she think she was?

I kid, I kid.

But let's take a moment to address something...

I think this is the first Ruby Dixon book to have a...

Ummmmmm...

Errrrrr...

Certain situation (?) tha
Myla
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the reasons I love Ruby Dixon and her Barbarian series is because they are "safe", there is only one and they are completely devoted to that one. This is all of that but... I wish ressonance was solved a different way. It borders cringy (for me) and I hope she doesn't slide to the "not safe" category. The look at possible future books and story lines with the red twins kind of worries me too. Who wants to watch two people fawn all over someone and then have to ressonate to one of them, no ...more
Laura Elizabeth
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This was too much of the same thing for me. Was hoping she would change it up a bit. This was more novella length than full book.
Stacey Goble
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I hate writing a review where its not glowing and telling how much you need to read this book. Unfortunately with this book I struggled with it. I have loved all of Ruby Dixon's books in this series and the the barbarian series. I have been so looking forward to reading this book, anticipating the day it came out. Ruby's writing is stellar and amazing, it wasn't the way the book was written. I loved the character Gren. The way he is portrayed in this book is awesome. What I couldn't get on board ...more
T00zday
Kind of hated Willa. I have never been tempted to re-read this one.

Good story. Great world. Love the series.
Suckage heroine.
Kathryn
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Renee Lammert
I have loved every Ice Planet and Ice Home book. I love Ruby's writing style. I really enjoyed Willa and Gren's story as well. It will be interesting to see what their child will look like. I liked that the resonance thing had a different twist to the situation. I really devoured this book and wanted to read it nonstop but I had other things that needed doing too. As it was I deprived myself sleep just to read it.
J♤Đ£
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty good...

But Willa annoyed me. She was, to be blunt, a rude bitch. I get that she had trust issues and all, but fuck, she got to be insufferable. Gren was a sweetheart though, and he's the reason I'm giving this book 3 stars. I love this series, but this book fell flat for me.
 B.E.Love
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars. I can't seem to get enough of this planet and everyone on it.
Brit Andrews
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 stars for Gren and no love for Willa

I thought Georgie was my least favorite person on the ice planet but nope now it’s Willa. She is the absolute worst! Nothing she does has any logic behind it even Gren thought how he was treated when they first woke up made sense. All the whining she did especially about nobody telling him any information made no sense... the only person that could have communicated with Gren at all was Ashtar except that he’s Ashtar and Gren never actually bothered talking
Book Snob Sue

This is a series that I swear there are not enough stars in the world for. Absolutely one of my all-time favorites. My heart went out to these two for sure, especially for sweet Gren aka beast. These are two of the newest Ice Planet members. Gren is a slave gladiator that has been created for battle, so when he lands and they try to help him, he lashes out to save himself and do what he was trained to do. The tribe’s people subdue him, so that he cannot hurt anyone. Willa does not like how Gren
Chappy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Luv me some Willa and Gren.

Willa felt an immediate connection to her beast and she could not tolerate him being held a prisoner. Gren has never had a kind touch so he's in awe of Willa and her feelings for him.

Very Hot with lots of sexy times :D
Robyn
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally catching up my books!! LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE this planet!! Love all Ruby's series!! On to the next one and more adulting :(

• Krol's Goddess (Ruth & Gron #5)
  • The Kraken's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #2)
  • Claimed by an Alien Warrior
  • Blind Fall (Stolen by an Alien, #3.5)
  • Shadowed (Valos of Sonhadra, #6)
  • Alien Instinct (The Alien Series, #1)
  • Captive Surrender
  • Thunderclaw (Alien Warrior, #2)
  • Barbarian Prince (New Earth Colony, #1)
  • Lord of the Storm (Coalition Rebellion, #1)
  • Enduring (Valos of Sonhadra, #8)
  • The Tigrens' Glory (The Soul-Linked Saga, #8)
  • Guardian (Galactic Gladiators, #9)
Ruby Dixon is the secret penname of a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. As Ruby, she writes sexy barbarian aliens, grumpy shifters, and domineering bikers.

Icehome (8 books)
  • Lauren's Barbarian (Icehome, #1)
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
  • Gail's Family (Icehome, #4)
  • Angie's Gladiator (Icehome, #5)
  • Hannah's Hero (Icehome, #6)
  • Devi's Distraction (Icehome, #7)
  • Nadine's Champion (Icehome #8)
“If only she were faster, or stronger, or her feet did not sink into the snow… Then she would not be Willa, though, and I would not change her for anything.” 0 likes
“Just because you love someone doesn’t mean that they’re a good person.” 0 likes