Start by marking “The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea” as Want to Read:
The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea

The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea

Ness has almost resigned herself to being single forever, when she catches sight of the most gorgeous man she’s ever seen on the train to work.

But just as she plucks up the courage to speak to him – he steps off the train and disappears into the crowds, without realising he’s accidentally dropped his phone!

It’s her ‘glass slipper’ moment, she’s sure of it, she just needs t
Published April 3rd 2019 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea

Nicola
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

If Sliding Doors and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days were to have a lovechild, its name would be The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea.

description A stranger made eye contact with you, on public transport, in London? What kind of weirdo is this?”

Books that leave me with happy heart and a smile are my MO at the moment and that was exactly what I got from aspiring journalist, Ness and carousel-restorer Nathan as a sequence of amusing events sees the start of what is a story of friendship, acceptan
Finitha Jose
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally! Another remarkable novel from the author of 'It's a Wonderful Night' and just like the other one, this story is also steeped in movie references. This all really makes me want to cultivate a taste for old movies and maybe one day I will. Rest assured, you don't have to be familiar with the 'Carousel' movie to enjoy this beautiful romance because by the end of the book you are going to be really familiar with its story.
Vanessa Berton (Ness for her friends) works as a fact checker for on
Frenchorchidea
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful love story! But also what a complicated love story! What a mess Ness is in thanks to her job and her boss! I loved this story from first to last line! It's the first time I see a story talking about Carousel restoration and this makes this book very unique. I loved everything from the "love at first sight, but I don't know yet I am in love" thing to the lovely atmosphere that is around the lovely village Ness arrives in while looking for the lovely guy she has seen in the train ...more
Nicola
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea is the perfect summer read! I smiled all the way through reading it. It was joyful, funny, sweet and absolutely infectious in its happiness!
Seriously... It's pure joy distilled into a couple hundred pages.

Ness is a fact-checker working for a London based magazine. She lives in a horrible flat, hates her commute, dislikes her boss and dreams of something different while being stuck in the mundane day-to-day of her life. She has a smile-thing/major crush goin
Karen Whittard
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaimie Admen you did it again. This book is absolutely fabulous. I adored it. It had me smiling and laughing out loud many, many times. With all the hilarious innuendos. The whole ice cream scene had me in hysterics.

In this book we meet Ness. Our lovely independent woman, who is funny and clumsy (and I saw myself in Ness in more than one circumstance). She works for a woman’s magazine, lives in a flat in London, loves pizza and binge watching Netflix.

Ness dreams of becoming a successful journa
Lisa M
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nathan is a stranger to Ness but they have been sharing coy looks at one another on the train for a while, with neither summoning up courage to speak to the other.

The story follows that Ness is sent to seaside town Pearlholme by her boss to find Nathan and return his phone to him after he drops it on the train. What he doesn't know is that she has been tasked with writing a series of articles about their encounter and how she is trying to track down the 'handsome, mysterious train man'.

Nathan
Marie
I’ve read and loved all of Jaimie Admans’ books, and while it seems impossible to choose a favourite, The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea might just be it.

I love how relatable Ms Admans’ characters always are. I really felt for Ness and her desire for something more. She settled for a ho-hum relationship and after breaking free from that, she then settled for a ho-hum job. The job was something to pay the bills and maybe even a stepping stone to something better, plus it meant getting to work
Nessa
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having read previous books by this author, I was very much looking forward to reading this one, her latest release.  Also I absolutely adore/love the cover.

Well this was a truly delightful and enjoyable read. I loved it from start to finish, there were moments that just melted my heart and then there were moments that totally made me giggle.

I really liked the character of Ness as I felt like I could totally relate to her, and our personalities are so very similar, not to mention that we share
Jo
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely feel good book. A mysterious stranger on a train. A spark of attraction. Finally brought together in an idyllic location. Throw I an emotional backstory, an intriguing mystery and a cast of hilarious characters. I loved everything about this book and really hope there might be a sequel. I do love this author's style of writing. Cover is gorgeous too. Thank you to author and to TBC for the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A joyous read, this is absolutely wonderful. Its enchanting, and funny and just a fabulous story.

The amount of times during this story that I was laughing along with Ness and Train Man's dialogue, was ridiculous. Just every interaction they had as sort of awkward, but sort of perfect at the same time. Train Man really is gorgeous but also a bit dorky, and Ness isn't the most graceful of women, so the pair just works.

All the dialogue generally in the book was just en-point and engaging.

However
Erin Lewis
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star review The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea by Jaimie Admans

Jaime Admans is a new author to me. This was a good little gem which had me laughing and smiling often whilst I read.
A chance glance between strangers morphs in to so much more for Ness after the man she makes eye contact with on the train accidentally leaves his phone behind. It’s not the first time she has seen him but she has no idea who he is and she decides to track him down to return his phone.

Ness wants to be a journali
Kim
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
If I loved this...*hums music* but I only just really liked it due to some problems.

I’m a big fan of Jaimie Admans writing and I found this book very enjoyable. The plot was cute and the characters seemed to compliment each other well. I do have a few complaints and one is that it didn’t seem like Ness to keep that “secret” from Nath for so long. I think the story could have been improved if the secret had been revealed sooner paving way for a more fluid ending. To be honest the concept of “tra
Julia
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Little Vintage Carousel By The Sea by Jaimie Admans is the most delightful feel-good contemporary romance. It warmed my heart, soothed my soul and left me smiling and feeling good.
The characters are a wonderful mix and all well drawn. I loved the older couple who have no filter on their mouth so we hear all about their bladder problems! The leading lady’s Mum is not afraid to meddle and says what she thinks. The two lead characters and both vulnerable but begin to trust again. Their dialogue
Seema Rao
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming ~ Enchanting ~ Quick

Tl;dr: The fact is there might be someone for everyone.

Alright, this has to be the perfect holiday read. I wished I wasn't sitting in a wintery wonderland while writing this, though the book had a pretty solid transformational quality. This book is a nice, well-written cozy romance, with solid environmental details and appealing heroine. It is a pretty perfect quick, heart-warming romance for a holiday beach.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest
Kathleen Gray
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How many times have you exchanged glances with the same person on a train (or bus, for that matter)? Well, Ness has been doing it with a mystery man and then one day he drops his phone and she picks it up. Turns out Nathan is, really is, a good guy. He's restoring a carousel (how cool is that). When Ness heads out to Yorkshire to see him, she doesn't tell him that she's planning to write a story about their meeting and relationship. Or will she? This is a sweet romance with nice details and good ...more
Louise Sowter
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the romance of this book. I felt that I was right there with the characters and quite frankly didn’t want it to end. An easy to pick up book perfect for brightening a rainy day. Definitely will look out for more books from this author.
Sharon
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyable, cute story, though I can’t say I loved it. I felt despite the ages of the main characters they were somewhat immature - lots of giggling, red faces and almost kissing. I was at times internally screaming “just get on with it!”

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the arc copy and the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my unbiased review.
Rachel Kennedy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. An entertaining read that takes place over a few weeks.

When Nath (train man) drops his phone on the train, Ness rescues it and sets out to reunite it with it's owner. Encourage by her friend at work she follows him to the small coastal town where he is working in Yorkshire. Even though they both want to stay single, the more time they spend together the harder it is to ignore what is happening between them. But once the real reason she follows him is revealed he won't like it.
Gaele
Vanessa (Ness) has a poky London flat, a job as a fact-checker for a leading woman’s magazine and a seemingly endless series of days that are all the same. From the sardine-like commute on the Tube, to mind-numbingly pedantic fact checking through her friend and mother’s constant ‘meddling’ to find her a boyfriend, she’s stuck in a rut. And what a rut it is. The bloom is off the rose where London is concerned, and she’s found it increasingly difficult to meet new people, or even find a reason to ...more
Elaine
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting so long for this moment when I can finally say that I've found a new 5-stars read!

Imagine going on the train during the morning rush. It's all crowded, and everyone's sweaty from the hot weather outside. You're feeling all miserable, having to go through the crush every morning to get to a job you don't particularly like. But then you see someone. There's a man. He looks up from his phone, makes eye contact with you, and smiles, with dimples and all, and you find your mood ta
Allyson
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for the opportunity to read this book in return for a review based on my honest opinion.

I cannot tell you how much I loved this book! I laughed, I cried, I laughed again. This is a wonderful romantic comedy with a little mystery along with a possible ghost thrown in. I ended up having to tell my hubby the story because I kept laughing out loud while reading, he thought it sounded like a great idea for a rom-com movie.

I really enjoyed it, our
Yvonne
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ness works as a fact checker for a magazine. Her daily commute through London means she see’s various people, no one that memorable, well there is one exception. There is a handsome stranger, they see each other, they never talk, or really acknowledge one another. One day he drops his phone, its a good job Ness is the one that see’s it fall, but she is not quick enough to hand it to him. Ness is then cajoled into writing a story about “Train Man” and from there she goes in search of her mystery, ...more
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
As well as being a huge fan of Jaimie Admans, I defy any romance reader to not be drawn in by this beautiful cover.  I am thrilled that I was given an ARC by Netgally to read and review and even more so whan HQ game me a blog tour spot.

You can catch my review of It's a wonderful Night here and I highly recommend The Chateau of Happily Ever Afters too.

In a kind of reverse Cinderella story, Ness has been 'eyeing up' a hunky man on the metro for a while and when he drops his phone it's the perfec
Karschtl
What a sweet couple Ness and Nathan make! They hit it off from the very first minute - but both swear off relationships vehemently. Still, they can't seem to be without the other, so a wonderful friendship develops instead, which is - above all - full of laughter. And also with lots of talk about carousels (which I liked) and about movies (which I loved!).
But will there ever be more, especially with Ness' little secret that she is actually writing an article about her mysterious "Train Man"?

You
Vivienne
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to HQ Digital for an eARC via NetGalley of this delightful romance by Jaimie Admans in exchange for an honest review.

Vanessa (Ness) has been trading warm smiles for a while with the gorgeous chap that she nicknamed ‘The Man on the Train’ whenever she sees him on her daily commute. Then one morning he accidentally drops his phone on exiting. Ness picks it up and follows but cannot catch up with him. This ‘glass slipper’ moment eventually leads Ness to the Yorkshire village of Pearlholme
Kimberly
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I wonder if I would have enough courage to physically track down some guy I flirted with on public transport and hand deliver the phone he dropped at the station? I would probably give the phone to lost and found and call it a day. Well, luckily for the reader, that is not what Ness does even though she thought about it! Instead, at the urging of her co-worker and her boss, and a lengthy chat on the phone with the phone's owner Nathan, she travels to the seaside town of Pearlholme to hand delive ...more
Jackie Wright
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jaime Adamans is a new author to me but after jumping into The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea that is all about to change. I loved the story, I loved the characters and I really felt like I knew this little village by the sea. This was one those books that has you laughing and smiling throughout and this book came just at the right time for me after finding myself in a book funk I needed something to lift me and this story certainly did that.
Ness works as a fact checker at a London magazine,
Kerry Ford
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I love Jaimie Admans books so was delighted to see that there was a new one out. The Vintage Carousel by the Sea certainly didn’t disappoint.

The story is a quirky, modern take on girl meets boy across a crowded train, a lost phone and a vintage carousel.

Ness and Nathan are wonderful, likeable characters. Both are adamant they are not looking for love, protecting themselves from life. But fate has other ideas for them.

The writing is so vivid that I could practically feel the sun on my face and th
Paola Aliedo
This is definitely my favorite 2019 reads so far!

Hi Miss Jaimie Admans, count me as one of your fans!

I never expected to fall in love with a book, the main character, and the love interest! OMG!

I reread the story a lot and I cannot still stop from smiling. I love the mystery man in the train concept, the exchange of numbers and texts, the exploration of the Pearlholme, the sweet and caring people in the area and the origin of the carousel.

The love story is not a fast flow, there is an attractio
Claire
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved The Chateau of Happily-Ever-Afters so could not wait to read The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea! Jaimie Admans is an incredible author.

Firstly, absolutely gorgeous cover! So vibrant, colourful and inviting – definitely stands out on bookshelves! I absolutely loved loved loved this magical book! The story is set in the wonderful seaside village of Pearlholme where we meet the very quirky and wonderfully funny residents who will make you smile and laugh all the way through. The two mai
« previous 1 3 next »
Jaimie is a 32-year-old English-sounding Welsh girl with an awkward-to-spell name. She lives in South Wales and enjoys writing, gardening, watching horror movies, and drinking tea, although she’s seriously considering marrying her coffee machine. She loves autumn and winter, and singing songs from musicals despite the fact she’s got the voice of a dying hyena. She hates spiders, hot weather, and c ...more