Start by marking “Faces in the Flames: A Ghost Story” as Want to Read:
Faces in the Flames: A Ghost Story

Faces in the Flames: A Ghost Story

SCUBA diving on a sunken WWII ship is dangerous, especially when it’s haunted! When Cameron enters a forbidden wreck after strangely being "called inside," he finds a shiny keepsake. From the moment his fingers close around it, his life changes drastically, as well as the lives of people he’s yet to meet. Read the unique, “Faces in the Flames: A Ghost Story,” a fictional a ...more
Published August 14th 2018 by Putnam & Smith Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Faces in the Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faces in the Flames

Start your review of Faces in the Flames: A Ghost Story
Michael Mair
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Faces in the Flames" by author R. Fulleman will keep young readers spellbound due to the unusual literary approach to create a compelling ghost story. "Faces in the Flames" is a thrilling blend of a ghost tale and WWII history. Book 1 weaves the fictional ghost tale that is based on the sinking of USS Mississinewa at Ulithi Atoll during WWII. Teenager Cam Lund flies to a distant tiny Pacific atoll with his father to scuba dive on the wreck of his Grandfather’s U.S. Navy tanker USS Mississinewa. ...more
Michele McMorrow
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was already familiar with the history of the USS Mississinewa when I picked up Faces in the Flames. I also realized that the book was written for a younger reader so, with that in mind, I thought it might be fun to read the book as the intended audience might, allocating 20-30 minutes at a time—as one might expect a child to encounter the book in a classroom setting.
The self-imposed limit was more difficult to deal with than I had expected! Not only were the characters compelling but the story
Faye Beyeler
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I just spent the most enjoyable morning reading Faces in the Flames. It's a wonderful story! Well done!
It's cool that I got to read it in one sitting. That way I was able to immerse myself in the story, which was quite an adventure. It made me wonder about my father's experiences, and about all the untold stories from World War II.
Camille
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Faces in the Flames was a book personally recommended to me from my school library. The heartfelt story of the relationship between a boy and his grandfather is incredibly inspiring and the story details it strongly. I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of a touching, family focused story.
Stephanie Brzykcy
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story based on the actual sinking of the Mississinewa, a Navy tanker that was struck by the first Japanese manned torpedo in WWll. Reading this book made me want to learn more about this event in history.
Leah H
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, my great grandpa was on the ship and he is in the book at the end. My grandpa has told me a lot about the Mississinewa and reading this book was really awesome because some of the things reminded me of what my grandpa told me about his experiences with diving to the wreck I enjoyed this book a lot thank you for writing it.
Joanna M. Pendleton
May 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
High interest for reluctant readers. Suspenseful story told in an easy to read, basic vocabulary. Teens will relate to the characters and be interested in the mystery that involves a ghost. The content will increase knowledge about American history (WW2).
Jaime
May 07, 2019
Margo Butera
Nov 25, 2018
R. Fulleman
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Emily
marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2018

• Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)

News & Interviews