Start by marking “Escaping Solitude (Escape Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Escaping Solitude (Escape Trilogy #2)

Escaping Solitude

(Escape Trilogy #2)

Ancient vampire Andrew escaped his tropical island exile with his beloved human sailor, Edmund. They’ve now returned to Andrew’s home in nineteenth-century New Orleans and must navigate not only their developing relationship—and equally haunted pasts—but also a hungry coven of vampires Andrew used to call friends.

Desperate to stay by Andrew’s side forever, Edmund examines
Published October 29th 2018 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Escaping Solitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escaping Solitude

Deborah
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

The story continues.
Andrew and Edmund are in New Orleans revelling in the decadence they find there. While they are both perfectly at home they find themselves with a mission. They need to find an Elder but then Edmund receives news from home and reaching England becomes their first priority.

Despite not particularly liking either Andrew or Edmund I find myself totally engrossed in their story.
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description
description This was another quick and engaging installment in this ongoing historical, paranormal, M/M serial. Andrew and Edmund are back on dry land and spending their time in New Orleans. With the help of Felipe and Michelle, Edmund is doing research on the whereabouts of the Elder. We also meet a few other new characters (Gabriel, Danys, and May). I am not sure I was a complete fan of the M/M/M scene between Edmund, Gabriel, and Danys. It was certainly hot but seemed out of character for Andrew to be O
Shin Mon Thway
I didn’t know Sara Dobie Bauer could be that cruel because I need the third book like NOW! 😂😭 Again, she has impressed and charmed me with a masterfully crafted world and meticulously realistic MCs. If you haven’t read my review for her first book “Escaping Exile”, now is the time to go and read because I freaking loved this book. 😁 And I freaking loved this second book too. 😍

After they escaped the godawful island of cannibals, Andrew and Edmund are now back in New Orleans where sex, depravity
Trio
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first part of Escaping Solitude, Sara Dobie Bauer’s sequel to Escaping Exile, is full of wonderful descriptions of Andrew fully re-embracing his hedonistic and luxurious life. He’s celebrating his freedom, yay, but mostly he’s reveling in his complete and utter love for Edmund! The way these two men come together, and what they do for each other, both frantic and restorative - is spectacular.

Andrew’s return to his beloved New Orleans is delightful. With all the sights, scents, and sounds, pl
Truuss
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Erotic and vividly written... but also much more than that.... every move I saw clearly, every touch and moan I felt and was electrifying.
I was in a cocoon with them...
Andrew loves Edmund deeply and can’t stand the feeling ever being separated from him.
They have to find an ‘Elder’ so they will be for ever together.

What if he can’t keep himself restrained from Edmund’s delicious tempting neck... Edmund knows precisely what Andrew need.

- I tell him I love him. He tickles my ear with his fingertip
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This book continues the exciting adventures of Andrew, an ancient vampire, and his beloved, Edmund, a human sailor who was stranded on the island where Andrew was sent for solitary confinement in Escaping Exile.

They are now back in New Orleans in the 19th century and are a committed couple, but they have to deal with the coven of vampires Andrew once called friends. Michelle, the coven leader who banished Andrew to the island, and then rescued him when his punishment was complete, has befriended
Joyfully Jay
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Escaping Solitude is the second book in Sara Dobie Bauer’s Escape trilogy. In the first story, Escaping Exile, we meet Andrew while he is stranded on the island and as he encounters Edmund and the two fall for one another. From a plot standpoint, you could probably jump in here without having read the first book, as the essential information is conveyed at the start of this book. But from a character standpoint, I do think reading the first story helps to flesh thes
Nina De Lorenzo
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
** I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

The author was kind enough to give me both the first and second in this series in exchange for reviews. I did not really care for the first one and was hoping this would be better. I did not like this one either. I dislike writing negative reviews but this rather short book was a chore to get through. Forgive any errors or typos, but I stayed up late to finally finish it so I could just be done with it and move on. As I exp
Sandy S
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK : Release Date October 30, 2018

Desperate to stay by Andrew’s side forever, Edmund examines the impressive coven library in search of an Elder, the only creatu
Rian Durant
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sara Dobie Bauer’s the Escape Trilogy is the fresh breeze vampire romance novels needed for a long time.

Escaping Exile is the first part in which we get acquainted with Andrew, a sexy ancient vampire who had been exiled to an almost deserted island (if we don’t count the cannibals!) after one kill too many. After a storm brings to his shore a sailor with a pretty face and unpredictable temper the things become more end more intriguing every day…

The plot of Escaping Exile was enjoyable, well-stru
Lou~Silver Medalist in DNF's
*This ARC was provided by the author in return for an honest review.*

Just finished and all I can say is...WoW.

This is the second part of the Escape Trilogy, so as expected, it is to be continued. Very different from being a cliffhanger—which it is not. The story is true to the blurb, so doesn’t need repeating.

One of the things that really stands out here is the writing. It is far, far above the usual fare for m/m romance and is perfectly suited to the historical period and the subject. It allow
Erica
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Andrew and Edmund are off their island and returned to New Orleans for some shopping, some debauchery, and some research into finding an "elder" vampire to turn Edmund. There are sexcapades and hijinks and adventures, and it all moves fast.

Andrew is much more sane this time around and his devotion to Edmund is off the charts. Honestly I think I missed his crazy a little, but he makes up for it with completely over-the-top adoration for his sailor. Edmund is fleshed out a little better this go-ro
caroline wilson
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good short book

I received this book by the author and this is my honest opinion.
This is the second instalment of following Andrew the vampire and Edmund and there journey after escaping from the island of man eating cannibals were Andrew got sent through punishment and Edmund through a shipwreck. This is there tale of trying to find the elder who can grant them both the possibility of forever through turning Edmund into a vampire.
This was a good carry on from the first, I enjoyed reading about t
Quin Perin
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I read Sara’s books or short stories, I feel like I should stop writing immediately. She just blows everything I do out of the water. Take that compliment, missy. The way she writes…it’s weightless. The second part of the series wasn’t super high on emotion like other books I’ve read recently, but it let me dive into a whole other world. And it didn’t let me out until my eyelids grew heavy and my blinks slowed. I am amazed at the amount of detail and heart and soul I can spot in this book. ...more
Elizabeth Lister
*It’s not just a pretty cover, folks.

This second instalment in Sara Dobie Bauer’s Escape Trilogy takes Andrew and his beloved Edmund to nineteenth century New Orleans, a setting rife with secret brothels and fancy vampire lairs.

Again, the writing is exceptional.

Sara’s portrayal of Edmund’s restless character and Andrew’s protective, yet deadly nature, are bang on and compelling. Her secondary characters, like Danys, Philipe and Michelle, are equally distinct and well-crafted.

I enjoyed the way An
Shirley
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Escaping Solitude starts pretty much where Escaping Exile left off. Escaping Solitude is also just a little bit longer, but not by much. Regardless of it's length, the story isn't lacking... The jury's still out though on whether or not I'd rather just have one long book than these fairly short stories though... can you say cliff hanger?!?

The setting was a lot different in Escaping Solitude, which should mean that Edmund is safe, but Andrew still considers him vulnerable - and will until he's tu
Romance Rehab
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!!

I read book 1 in this series, Escaping Exile, a while back and was pretty much shocked that a paranormal, M/M, erotic, historical romance existed. I’d never heard of such a thing! And the fact that all of those things worked well together...well, that was just a big bonus! Like it’s predecessor, Escaping Solitude is a category-bending read with characters that are...interesting, to say the least.
This installment of the series finds vampire Andrew back in civilization (New Orleans) wit
Wendy
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first book in this trilogy was wonderful. And you really need to read it first before diving into this one. It gave a feel for how these characters are monsters in their own right and it showed (at least in part) why Andrew had been exiled to the tropical island. It is where Andrew saves and falls in love with Edmund and was packed with action and adventure.

This book, the second in the trilogy... OMG! I wasn't expecting anything like this story, let me tell you!!!

First I will tell you what I
Kirstin
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Escape Trilogy and I would definitely recommend reading the first prior to this book. For one, you need the background on the two MC's. For two, it's absolutely amazing in it's own right.

Vampire Andrew was exiled to an island for four years after past transgressions caught up with him. Edmund, an English sailor and scientist, was shipwrecked on the island and rescued by Andrew. In this continuation, Edmund and Andrew have been returned to New Orleans and are becomi
Lyssa Dering
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read and adored Escaping Exile, I was excited to read this follow-up and second novella in the Escape trilogy. Sara Dobie Bauer has become one of my favorite authors with her readable and literary writing style, and her style is consistent in this book. Exile follows in its predecessor’s footsteps with a healthy dose of eroticism and a compelling central romance and main characters. I simply adore Edmund, and I loved learning more about him. Bauer has expanded the cast and developed chara ...more
Debbie
I was gifted my copy of this book, direct from the author, that I write a review was not required.

Andrew takes Edmund back to civilization, to his home in New Orleans. Andrew's coven has some members who wish to harm Edmund, to take him away from Andrew and Andrew will not have it. To turn Edmund, Andrew needs an Elder so Edmund is let lose in the coven's library to find him. Then Andrew is called home to England, so the trip to find the Elder is put on hold. That is, til a terrible accident on
Georgiana
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read, reviewed
Monsters are not to be trusted with something so beautiful, and God, is Edmund ever beautiful.

Edmund (human) and Andrew (vampire), two men who love each other are finally back in civilization. Edmund hadn't been away for long, but for Andrew it had been four years.

“No longer am I a blood-soaked murderer. No longer is Edmund an underfed, filthy, exhausted mess with the beginnings of a beard. We’ve been reborn.”

The two flow wonderfully together and seem to be able to read each other with ease. I
L.A. A. Ashton
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, vampires
Escaping Solitude is the sequel to “Escaping Exile”, which I highly enjoyed. Andrew and Edmund are back, and we’re beginning to see an even greater shift in Andrew’s personality and priorities while also seeing a deeper, maybe darker version of Edmund.

While I really enjoyed Bauer’s vicious intro to this trilogy, I also enjoyed seeing the more domestic facets of the couple here. It was another fast and fun read, and is a great choice for anyone craving a quick and carnal vampire romp.

Plot

The pl
Shari Sakurai
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

Escaping Solitude is the second novel in the Escape Trilogy. At last vampire Andrew has escaped his Island exile and has returned to New Orleans with his human lover Edmund. Determined to stay together forever the lovers search for an Elder; a vampire with the power to turn Edmund. However, when Edmund is seriously wounded their search becomes all the more desperate. If they don’t find an Elder in time then death will part them.

I re
Mary Mary
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* I was given a free ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review *

This is a second book in this series and it is about Edmund and Andrew's life in New Orlean. It is scorching hot, lovely and FASCINATING. I loved it! Unfortunately it ends with a cliffhanger and I can't believe I will have to wait for book #3!!! Why??

This is not only a really nice love story, but also an interesting description of New Orlean .... and vampires' life . I was imagining something close to "Interview wit
J.L.
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: october-2018
Disclaimer: I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review.

The moment I finished part one of the Escape Trilogy, Escaping Exile, I was already clamoring to the author that I needed part two right away. Of course, having completed part two, I'm begging for the conclusion immediately. While some middles of stories or trilogies drag, I enjoyed this story even more than the first one! Andrew and Edmund, and their relationship with each other, continue to delight.

Bauer strikes the perfect balan
Lillian Francis
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I contemplated not giving this 5 stars because it ends on a TBC that this time really is a cliffhanger, there really is no way you can call it anything else. But I have faith that everything will be sorted out in the last book, also while the MCs are in mortal danger, they are together and still very much in love. But I couldn't mark it down for that in the end because I loved the story.

This is a continuation of Andrew and Edmund's story. They've arrived back in New Orleans and are settling into
Beth Laycock
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
If the first book was a dark romance, then this is a hot hot hot read. A little sweet and a little humour in there too.

The story picks up from the first following Andrew and Edmunds return to New Orleans. They are now in a relationship but have to deal with Andrew’s coven of vampires he left behind when in exile.

This time the story focuses more on Edmund, and we get to know him a little better as he starts his quest to find an Elder and become immortal. But we also get to know the pair more as
Elizabeth
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This second instalment in the Escape Trilogy was great. Full of the same exceptional writing style as the first instalment and lots of adventure to go with it. Andrew and Edmund are navigating through life after being rescued from Exile in a deserted island. Edmund is brought into Andrew's vampire coven and is enchanted by their way of living. His romance with Andrew is getting stronger and he is now determined to become immortal like him so much so that he hunts for an Elder to turn him. Howeve ...more
Stacey Escalera blog
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Escaping solitude

This book leaves off from book 1
Andrew and Edmund's return to New Orleans that we're Andrew live.
They both are happy and exploring there relationship.I like Andrew he an old vampire and he madly in love with Edmund there nothing he won't do for him. I like how hot they are when they express there love.
Even his coven is surprise how much he changed.
Edmund is human but he in love with an vampire.
They are more alike then I realized.
I like that Edmund is adapting to his new home and
« previous 1 3 next »
Sara Dobie Bauer is a bestselling author, model, and mental health / LGBTQ advocate with a creative writing degree from Ohio University. Twice nominated for the Pushcart Prize, she lives with her hottie husband and two precious pups in Northeast Ohio, although she’d really like to live in a Tim Burton film. She is author of The Escape Trilogy and Bite Somebody series, among others sexy things.

FOL

Escape Trilogy (3 books)
  • Escaping Exile (Escape Trilogy, #1)
  • Escaping Mortality (Escape Trilogy, #3)