Start by marking “Deck The Shelves (Heartfalls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deck The Shelves (Heartfalls, #1)

Deck The Shelves (Heartfalls, #1)

Kendall Jackson is the proud owner of Heartfalls’ bookstore, The Cozy Shelf. Her life is one straight out of the pages, except she’s missing that leading man. Although she has a crush on the handsome auto mechanic, Quinton Hendricks, Kendall wants an old-fashioned type of romance—the stuff swoon-worthy romance books are made of. But Quinton seems to need a little prodding. ...more
Published January 22nd 2019 by Toni Shiloh

To ask other readers questions about Deck The Shelves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deck The Shelves

Start your review of Deck The Shelves (Heartfalls, #1)
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
If you’re looking for a sweet Christmas romance that celebrates books, this is the novella for you!

Kendall and “Q” are a cute match, and their secret ‘bookish’ notes that they leave each other throughout The Cozy Shelf bookstore simply delighted me. In fact, bookworms will find much to love about Deck the Shelves. From the charming bookstore setting to the literary quotes gracing each chapter – and the secret admirer notes – to the shout outs to various fave authors … this is a book for book ner
Jaycee Weaver
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite holiday stories of 2018. I loved everything about it. The shyness of both characters created so much romantic tension, especially for a novella. It’s not easy to create a fully developed story a reader can get so invested in so easily in so few pages, but Toni totally succeeded.
Andrea Boyd
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute! And familiar. Made me think of me and my husband. He's a mechanic and I'm a book nerd.
Beth Erin
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review on FaithfullyBookish.com

I'm not a huge fan of Christmas stories but I am a big fan of this one! While I personally prefer to keep the celebration of this sacred holiday simple and quiet, I can definitely appreciate the joy and enthusiasm people (and fictional characters) like Kendall Jackson possess!

Quinton reminds me so much of my real-life hero, quiet, hard-working, a wonderful daddy, and swoony! The family dynamics within his multi-generational household warmed my heart (I'm not v
Sarah Monzon
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect little book to put you in the holiday season.
Rebekah Morris
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas
2.5 stars.
I just didn't care for this one much. The fact that the main character lived in an old Victorian mansion that had been converted to a bookstore was fun. And I did like Deuce. He was such a typical little boy. I just couldn't relate to most of the books mentioned as they are ones I haven't and wouldn't read. The biggest problem I had was that both main characters were divorced. Of course it was the "other" person's fault that they got divorced, so it was okay to marry again, right? No.
Andrea
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cozy Romance!

This was such a sweet romance ❤
I loved how nervous and shy both Q and Kendall were. Each one suffered from broken hearts in the past. I liked how they turned to God for guidance before beginning a new relationship.
I loved the notes! I also loved the books and authors mentioned in this story.
I wish I could visit The Cozy Shelf for a book and a muffin.

*Borrowed from Kindle Unlimited*
Erin Wassmuth
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a beautiful story set in a small town that gives the characters room to stretch, grow, and break out of any vices holding them back in their lives, all while letting their friends, family, and the reader experience this growth with them. Can't wait to read more of this author's books!
Caitlyn Santi
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, LOVED IT! A super cute and fun read. One of my very favorite books by this author! Highly recommended! 😍😍😍😍😍
Tina at Mommynificent
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
I really enjoyed this first foray into the town of Heartfalls! Toni Shiloh has created a great community, and I am so looking forward to returning soon! I really enjoyed Kendall and Q's story and the strong spiritual component of this book. I loved their journey and how they both grew deeper in their trust in the Lord as they grew closer in their relationship with each other.
Kara Esselbach
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a cute little story about life, love, and God's grace! Toni gives life to her characters in this story about falling in love again, by letting God take the lead.
Martha
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It was such a cute story with a bookstore, sweet romance and literary quotes. I loved it.
Marylin
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
There are two reasons I REALLY love this book. One, I love the Christmas season, and two, I love bookstores, books, and EVERYTHING related to them. Also, I just have to say, this bookstore sounds so wonderful. Like a place, I’d want to hang out in and never leave!

Kendall LOVES books and everything about books. It’s her life and things are going along smoothly until she acknowledges the fact that she also really likes Q.
Quinton or Q for short, has been making every effort and using every reason
Andrea Stoeckel
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Deck the Shelves" by Toni Shiloh

"Past is the past. Leave it there, Q"

In the second of this boxset, we meet Kendall and Quinton, two souls battered by past relationships and present expectations. Kendall owns The Cosy Shelf, the local bookstore. After a bad first marriage, she hides behind books and keeps to herself. Until Q comes knocking on her door, his young son in tow. Deuce and Q have been alone living with his father and grandmother since his ex abandoned them because she wasn't ready for
Danielle
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute and precious story of how God has "plans to prosper and not harm" us. Plus, it had BOOKS! I totally want to steal....um....borrow some of Kendall's shirts and coffee mugs :) I am looking forward to reading more about Heartfalls in the future. Toni always brings everything gently back to God, which is beautiful and awesome - some grammatical/editing issues, but I didn't count that in my rating. This is a wonderful novella that read like a much longer novel. I hope we get to d ...more
Melissa Henderson
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this story! Author Toni Shiloh delivers another great story that caught me from the first page and I couldn't stop reading. These are characters I would love to meet in "real life". Bookstores are my favorite and to have a story set in The Cozy Shelf is awesome. Will the bookstore help Kendall find love? Read and find out what happens in this sweet, inspirational story. I received a copy of this book from the author and this is my personal honest opinion. No review was required.
Gloria Moseley
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Deck the Shelves" by Toni Shiloh is a wonderful reminder that Christmas is the time for romance and fun. The sweet story line of Kendall Jackson and Quinton Hendricks illustrates the love of God through second chances within the setting of Christmas, when we celebrate the gift of a second chance that God sent us through the birth of Jesus. The hope, humor, and romance that exudes from this book would make it perfect for a Hallmark Christmas movie, but it is simply a joy to read.

Disclaimer: I ha
Marguerite Gray
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed roaming the bookstore shelves and nooks and crannies of Kendall's world. Second chances pose challenges and aren't always easy to accept. Toni introduces the Heartfalls characters with their fears and different personalities in this novel. I'm anxious for her to continue the journey in Heartfalls.
Diane Higgins
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet love story. I loved how the main character ran her own bookstore. I currently work at a library and love books, so I could identify with her! I also loved how this novella centered around the Christmas season since I also love Christmas! I received this from the author for my honest opinion.
Alyssa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I was super excited to try this new author and the plot just sounded so cute. I loved the storyline and the characters. It was super sweet to see them fall in love and shed their fears. However, I didn't feel like it was developed enough or fleshed out. Some of the scenes felt short or clunky. I think the author was trying to pack more into the story because it was a novella. Novellas should still be developed but they just typically have a shorter time frame. It felt like she was trying to take ...more
Marie Pinkham
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As good as all of Toni's stories. Fun, lovable characters, in a sweet Christmas story.
Necee
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so much. All the feels! A bookstore owner. A handsome mechanic, Quinton...and an old fashioned romance had me swooning. High recommendations for a cozy Christmas romance.
Darcey
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
In many ways, this book is delightful. Also, I love the cover!
R.j.
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun story. I thought the characters were great and it was a great Christmas read.
Emily
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deck the Shelves is a romance, mixed with humor - it made me laugh out loud! Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Janet
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved that the heroine was a bookstore owner and easily came to feel a connection to the characters. I definitely want to read more in this series!
Charlotte Dance
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I quite enjoyed this book. In fact, I have really enjoyed everything this author has written. This setting had to be my favorite though. Where else but a bookstore and a fun one at that. The characters both have their struggles, but I appreciate that the difficulties that they have are more based on personalities and interests rather than misunderstandings. It is a complete gem of a book, but I can see that there could be some pretty awesome books that come from other characters in this story. T ...more
Ruby Kat
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love 💘 Christmas

What a wonderful Christmas Love Story. Q and Kendall I really like how they both overcame their fears and found love in each other. God always hears our deepest desires at heart ❤thanks for this beautiful book looking to reading more of your materials
Nicole
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful Christmas novella by Toni Shiloh! I loved how a lot of the story took place in a bookstore, and I did a little happy dance when one of my new favorite authors Sarah Monzon was mentioned in the novella! If you’re looking for a sweet, heartwarming Christmas novella, you need to read Deck the Shelves! You will not be disappointed!
Shonda
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great characters that felt like old friends. I loved the bookstore and was instantly pulled in. Great fun incorporating poems by different poets into the story, so romantic. A sweet clean romance that keeps the reader in grossed in the story. I enjoyed the Bible scriptures and that God was a big part of the story!

• Like a Winter Snow (Port Willis)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • Molly (Sewing in SoCal #1)
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
  • Comfort & Joy: The Christmas Lights Collection 2018
  • Before I Called You Mine
  • Start With Me
  • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
  • Novelly Upon a Time (Book Nerds and Boyfriends Collection #3)
  • The Christmas Glory Quilt (The Glory Quilts, #1)
  • The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • Once Upon a Christmas: Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Tales
  • Above the Fold
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls, #3)
  • The Ghosts of New Cheltenham (The Shopkeepers of New Cheltenham Book 1)
  • A Wager Worth Making (Arrangements, #7)
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.