Start by marking “Deck The Shelves (Heartfalls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deck The Shelves (Heartfalls, #1)

Deck The Shelves (Heartfalls, #1)

Kendall Jackson is the proud owner of Heartfalls’ bookstore, The Cozy Shelf. Her life is one straight out of the pages, except she’s missing that leading man. Although she has a crush on the handsome auto mechanic, Quinton Hendricks, Kendall wants an old-fashioned type of romance—the stuff swoon-worthy romance books are made of. But Quinton seems to need a little prodding. ...more
Published January 22nd 2019 by Toni Shiloh

To ask other readers questions about Deck The Shelves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deck The Shelves

Andrea Boyd
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute! And familiar. Made me think of me and my husband. He's a mechanic and I'm a book nerd.
Jaycee Weaver
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite holiday stories of 2018. I loved everything about it. The shyness of both characters created so much romantic tension, especially for a novella. It’s not easy to create a fully developed story a reader can get so invested in so easily in so few pages, but Toni totally succeeded.
Sarah Monzon
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect little book to put you in the holiday season.
Caitlyn Santi
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, LOVED IT! A super cute and fun read. One of my very favorite books by this author! Highly recommended! 😍😍😍😍😍
Rebekah Morris
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas
2.5 stars.
I just didn't care for this one much. The fact that the main character lived in an old Victorian mansion that had been converted to a bookstore was fun. And I did like Deuce. He was such a typical little boy. I just couldn't relate to most of the books mentioned as they are ones I haven't and wouldn't read. The biggest problem I had was that both main characters were divorced. Of course it was the "other" person's fault that they got divorced, so it was okay to marry again, right? No.
Tina at Mommynificent
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
I really enjoyed this first foray into the town of Heartfalls! Toni Shiloh has created a great community, and I am so looking forward to returning soon! I really enjoyed Kendall and Q's story and the strong spiritual component of this book. I loved their journey and how they both grew deeper in their trust in the Lord as they grew closer in their relationship with each other.
Marylin
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are two reasons I REALLY love this book. One, I love the Christmas season, and two, I love bookstores, books, and EVERYTHING related to them. Also, I just have to say, this bookstore sounds so wonderful. Like a place, I’d want to hang out in and never leave!

Kendall LOVES books and everything about books. It’s her life and things are going along smoothly until she acknowledges the fact that she also really likes Q.
Quinton or Q for short, has been making every effort and using every reason
Andrea Stoeckel
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Deck the Shelves" by Toni Shiloh

"Past is the past. Leave it there, Q"

In the second of this boxset, we meet Kendall and Quinton, two souls battered by past relationships and present expectations. Kendall owns The Cosy Shelf, the local bookstore. After a bad first marriage, she hides behind books and keeps to herself. Until Q comes knocking on her door, his young son in tow. Deuce and Q have been alone living with his father and grandmother since his ex abandoned them because she wasn't ready for
Melissa Henderson
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this story! Author Toni Shiloh delivers another great story that caught me from the first page and I couldn't stop reading. These are characters I would love to meet in "real life". Bookstores are my favorite and to have a story set in The Cozy Shelf is awesome. Will the bookstore help Kendall find love? Read and find out what happens in this sweet, inspirational story. I received a copy of this book from the author and this is my personal honest opinion. No review was required.
Marguerite Gray
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed roaming the bookstore shelves and nooks and crannies of Kendall's world. Second chances pose challenges and aren't always easy to accept. Toni introduces the Heartfalls characters with their fears and different personalities in this novel. I'm anxious for her to continue the journey in Heartfalls.
Diane Higgins
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet love story. I loved how the main character ran her own bookstore. I currently work at a library and love books, so I could identify with her! I also loved how this novella centered around the Christmas season since I also love Christmas! I received this from the author for my honest opinion.
Alyssa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I was super excited to try this new author and the plot just sounded so cute. I loved the storyline and the characters. It was super sweet to see them fall in love and shed their fears. However, I didn't feel like it was developed enough or fleshed out. Some of the scenes felt short or clunky. I think the author was trying to pack more into the story because it was a novella. Novellas should still be developed but they just typically have a shorter time frame. It felt like she was trying to take ...more
Marie Pinkham
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As good as all of Toni's stories. Fun, lovable characters, in a sweet Christmas story.
Kara Esselbach
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a cute little story about life, love, and God's grace! Toni gives life to her characters in this story about falling in love again, by letting God take the lead.
Emily
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deck the Shelves is a romance, mixed with humor - it made me laugh out loud! Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Charlotte Dance
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I quite enjoyed this book. In fact, I have really enjoyed everything this author has written. This setting had to be my favorite though. Where else but a bookstore and a fun one at that. The characters both have their struggles, but I appreciate that the difficulties that they have are more based on personalities and interests rather than misunderstandings. It is a complete gem of a book, but I can see that there could be some pretty awesome books that come from other characters in this story. T ...more
Nicole Cook
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful Christmas novella by Toni Shiloh! I loved how a lot of the story took place in a bookstore, and I did a little happy dance when one of my new favorite authors Sarah Monzon was mentioned in the novella! If you’re looking for a sweet, heartwarming Christmas novella, you need to read Deck the Shelves! You will not be disappointed!
Tamar
Feb 24, 2019
Christina
Oct 05, 2018
Toni Shiloh
Oct 05, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Ruth Kyser
Nov 06, 2018
Emilee
Sydnee
Nov 08, 2018
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.