Start by marking “The Redpoint Crux” as Want to Read:
The Redpoint Crux

The Redpoint Crux

Fans of The Night Circus and The Raven Boys will enjoy her thrilling novel.

When Megan Van Helsburg gets kicked off the U.S.A. Climbing Team, she has no choice but to return home and leave her climbing career behind. With no coach, no money, and no prospects, she joins the corps de ballet determined to improve her strength and agility. But the ballet theater is in dire
1, 290 pages
Expected publication: June 9th 2020 by The Parliament House

To ask other readers questions about The Redpoint Crux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Redpoint Crux

Start your review of The Redpoint Crux
Kristien McDonald
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I practically read it straight in one day because I couldn't put it down. It's the perfect balance between the eerie mystery and romance of the ballet and the modern sport story. The whole book had such a cool vibe. I don't read a lot of mystery, but I was surprised how well she made such a haunting story work so seamlessly in a modern setting. It made me wish that I could be Red! She is an awesome, strong female protagonist with a complexity of character, especially ...more
Beckee Davis
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is AMAZING. Once I started it I couldn’t put it down! It has a phantom of the opera meets ballet feel to it so if you love any of those things you are going to fall head over heels for this book. The writing is exquisite. It is so hauntingly beautiful!!! I can’t stop thinking about the characters and the romance in it is to die for.....swoon!!!! Stop what you are doing and read this book! You’ll love it!!!
Jenn
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
READ READ READ THIS BOOK!!!
Amanda King
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, I loved this book! From the opening scene I couldn't put it down! Shamy does a great job of pulling you in to the world of climbing and ballet right from the start. I don't know much about either of those worlds, but everything is explained so well - it made me want to go back in time and become a dancer...or rock climber...or both! Ha! The mystery and suspense make this book a page turner, but the romance is what really kept me on the edge of my seat - I'm still so torn about ...more
Brynn
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The thing I loved most about this book is the suspense. Shamy is a gifted author who always kept me guessing! Plot twists, surprises, shock, awe, and everything else I hope for in a good mystery novel is all here.
Nancy McDonald
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The mystery was so engaging and the haunting setting was eerie and believable ! The story was so quick paced, the plot moved forward in a way that kept me on the edge of my seat! I adored the characters. Red and Bellamy's relationship was so beautiful. The story wasn't predictable and my heart ached in an amazing way at the end. I highly recommend this book!
Halez
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free ARC copy of this book from the author in exchange for a review. Thanks very much

Actual score: 3.5 stars (rounding to nearest even number)

I'll preface this review by saying Redpoint Crux is probably not a book I would have picked to read for myself just based on the description. While I love suspense and horror, I've never really read YA-focused horror and I don't know anything about ballet.

In spite of this, I actually enjoyed the book! I could relate to Red's struggles and
A.M. Wright
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I finally get to post a review of this book.

I'll admit, I might be a bit biased, but I fell in love with Morgan's book right away. I distinctly remember sitting in my office during my day job and falling off the edge of my seat a quarter of the way through.

It has everything that I love: ballet, mysterious strangers, heavy Phantom of the Opera vibes, and a twisty mystery. Did I mention heartache? Because there's definitely heartache, but it's good heartache. Ya know? That kind of
Melissa
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Jaime
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Red’s story immensely. It was well written, and the author clearly has vast knowledge of the rock climbing and ballerina professions. I am a little confused about Bellamy, but hope there will be more detail about him in the following book. Although the book is YA, the characters have a lot on their shoulders. It had a sort of Phantom of the Opera vibe it it. Looking forward to seeing where this story goes.
Emily
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the very beginning and I couldn't put it down. It twists and turns and has you guessing until the very end. I received a free ARC from the author and she had me intrigued when she said it involved ballet and serial killers.

Seriously, check this book out. You will not be able to put it down.
Austin
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a cool book. I loved the rock climbing and the eerie vibe—and the series of murders were pretty entertaining, too. It was a great mystery, where I couldn’t predict what would happen next. The plot always moved along fast, keeping my attention. I definitely recommend!!!
Morgan Shamy
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It was such a privilege to write this book. Thank you all so much for choosing to read this. This book holds so much of my heart, and it’s been a long journey to bring it here. I will love Red and Bellamy forever.
Sarah Masek
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
This hooked me from the first pages. I loved the vivid descriptions of ballet and climbing - you could tell the author knew what she was talking about - as well as the realism of if you take a few years off from ballet, you're going to have to work to get back to your old skill level.
Shannon
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well written story that is full of mystery, twists, and suspense. It is beautifully done and will leave you wondering how it will end until the very last page.
Austin. Shamy
Apr 26, 2019
Erika Smith
Apr 27, 2019

• The Shrike & the Shadows
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)
  • Avocado Bliss
  • Live in Love: Growing Together Through Life's Changes
  • Sucks To Be Me
  • Arctic Prey: A High Fae Academy Novella
  • The Age of Witches
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
  • Dark Spark: A Young Adult Urban Fantasy Novel (Bloodline Academy Book 2)
  • Fallen Master: Year 2 (Academy of Sorcery #2)
  • Break in Case of Emergency
  • The Dating Charade
  • A Witch Called Red (Red Witch Chronicles #1)
  • A Rebel Witch
  • Only Protector Alphas (Rebel Werewolves #3)
  • True Story of the Perfect 36
  • Savage Monarchs (Nocturnal Academy Book 3)
  • Croakies Monster (Enchanting Inquiries Book 7)
Morgan Shamy is an ex-ballerina turned YA writer. She is represented by Kelly Peterson of Rees Literary Agency.

Morgan has been immersed in the arts since the young age of 4, where she trained under the tutelage of Julie and Stacey Orlob. She performed various roles alongside a professional ballet company for over seven years, and has danced on prestigious stages like soloing at Carnegie Hall in