Start by marking “Deliver Me” as Want to Read:

THE NIGHT SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER WILL BE THE ONE SHE CAN'T FORGET

When Abby's doctor tells her she's two months pregnant she doesn't believe him. She can't be - she hasn't had sex for over a year. But to her astonishment and dismay, multiple tests confirm it's true.

Desperately searching for an explanation, Abby recalls New Year's Day - the terrible hangover, the hole in her m

Published November 1st 2018 by Quercus

Michelle
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
When Abby, a young twenty-something, is told by her doctor that she is two months pregnant she is stunned to say the least. She hasn't had sexual intercourse since she broke up with her boyfriend, Ben, over a year ago. She is so insistent that the doctor is mistaken that she takes two pregnancy tests at home only to have her fear confirmed.

She realizes that two months ago was New Years Eve where she attended a party at her best friend Danny's house. She recalls becoming very drunk and knocking
Mark
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Firstly a great title for this nifty WHODUNIT!
Abby is pregnant,quite a surprise as Abby hasn’t had sex.....or has she, against her will??
The story then stays present time and she and her bff Danny try and work out how, when, why and where!, this leads them back to New Years Eve and a party she went to....there are about 4 men it could be....then she starts receiving texts, and flowers, she is being watched, but by who!
It ends up with Abby suspecting everyone and anyone she has contact with and a
Adele Shea
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my word, what a book!!
Abby goes to her doctor and finds out she is pregnant. The last time she had sex was over a year ago so how can that be. The only thing she can think of is that she drank so much alcohol on New Years Eve and someone took advantage of her.
The only way Abby can find out what happened is to retrace her footsteps, speak to people who were at the same party and try and put all the pieces together.
This book had me fooled from the get go. I thought I knew what happened to Abby
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
US-Pub-Date-2-300x169.png

So this is one of those stories that actually sounds much better than it actually was.
There was nothing really wrong with this, it was well written and all but I felt that everything seemed to take forever and a day to accomplish here and events began to get a bit stale and then same all, same all.
The beginning and end of this were quite good it was the middle here that managed to lose me somewhat.
This still had a lot going for it and I was still invested in the characters and their eventual fat
Michelle
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review can be found on my blog here: https://booksonthebookshelf.wordpress...

Thank you to the publisher Quercus Books and Netgalley for the free eARC copy of this book to read and review.

This cover completely drew me in and the caption on the cover – wow! This book was a gripping thriller from beginning to end. A young girl attends a NYE party, and a couple months later finds out she is pregnant but has no memory of how that could be possible? Not very much of a memory from the NYE party night i
Denise
When Abigail Brooke (Abby or Abs) visits the local doctor and discovers that she is two months pregnant she can't believe it because she claims she has not had sex for over a year. Ever since breaking up with her boyfriend Ben and moving in with her older sister Ellie and brother-in-law Rob she's been concentrating on her job while licking her wounds. When she counts backwards from her EDC, she guesses that something happened on New Years Eve. Abby was at a party and got super drunk and can't re ...more
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
First things first, this book should be stamped with a warning label because once you start reading, you're not going to want to do anything else.

Deliver Me is a terrifically fun and engrossing read. The book grabbed me from the second I picked it up until I reached its surprising conclusion. The thriller genre is a bit overloaded these days – some are quite good, others are not good at all. Fortunately, Deliver Me is excellent addition to the group.

What makes this book stand out is an oh-so-cle
Robyn
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Abby Brooke seeks out the help of a doctor, she can’t believe the news when the doctor tells her she is pregnant. How is that possible when the last time she had sex was over a year ago? Counting backwards she realizes around the time she got pregnant Abby was at her best friend, Danny’s, New years Eve Party. A Party she barely even remembers. She does remember drinking tequila shots to get over her shyness, but after that she does not remember anything else. Abby asks Danny for his help ne ...more
Dana-Adriana B.
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was quite intense. Abigail finds out that she is pregnant even though she don't remember anything. So, the hunt for the truth begins and she is suspecting everybody from the New Years Eve party.
Thanks to Netgalley for this copy.
Joanne Robertson
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Whilst I read a couple of books with a similar “amnesia” storyline last year, I have to say that this book really did blow those others out of the water! The premise here that forms the basis of the storyline really was one that shocked the hell out of me! What would you do if you went to the doctors because you were feeling ill and he diagnosed your pregnancy? Well that would be great news…unless you hadn’t had sex for more than a year!! And that’s what happens when Abby takes a positive pregna
Quirkybookworm
This is about a young woman who finds out accidentally that she's pregnant when she hasn't been sexually active for a long time. She believed that she's been raped and she can't rememer. She sets out to find out who's been with her at the party. This journey takes a toll on her as she tries to find out the father's identity of her unborn baby. She is also getting freaked out because the father of her unborn baby is her stalker who's been leaving notes and presents for her. It's been a roller coa ...more
Leona
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent psychological suspense thriller which kept me gripped right from the start . I love a book where I’m kept guessing who the perpetrator is right up until the last few chapters, and this was exactly what happened with this book. Highly recommend.
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)
[Disclaimer: e-ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.]

I went into this book not sure what to expect. I thought the premise could be really interesting, but I also thought it could potentially be really mishandled, however, I think the author did a pretty good job with some really tricky subject matter.

I found it extremely frustrating how all, except one, of the characters refused to believe that the main character had been raped. Even if the main c
Pat Simpson
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing debut novel! I was completely hooked from the first chapter. After splitting up from her boyfriend Abby moves back home and moves in with her sister and brother in law. After feeling unwell Abby visits the Drs who stuns her with the news that she is pregnant. She then realises that this must have happened at a New Year’s Eve party held at her friend Danny’s house. But she has no recollection of sleeping with anyone. She enrols Danny’s help to find out what really did happen that ...more
Lauren Tess'x
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. What a spine chilling cracker of a novel!

Deliver me is a highly disturbing read that will see you jumping at your and your cat’s shadows. Well that’s what it did to me. I don’t think I’ve become so jumpy at a book before.

This book had plenty of twists and turns, and plenty of stories about what actually happened on New Years Eve.
Towards the end of the book, when the final big twist came, I had to read it twice just to make sure I had read it right, I had, but it was so unexpected.

Cole has a
Clare

With thanks to Netgalley and Quercus for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

Art teacher Abigail Brooke was shocked when her doctor told her she was two months pregnant. Abigail thought it was a mistake because she had not had sex since breaking up with her ex boyfriend Ben a year earlier After doing a pregnancy test Abigail realised she must of got pregnant at her friend Danny`s New years eve party.

Abigail had no recollection of what happened and became convinced her drink must o
Lyndsey
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shirley
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I read the blurb for Deliver Me, I was desperate to read it, it sounded just my type of read, and I was so not disappointed.

Abby attends a New Years Eve party, two months later she learns that she pregnant she can't recall anything that had happened at the party or having had any sexual encounters, so how has this happened? Deliver Me was full of twist and turns and had me quessing a few times, I was completely captivated during this book and absolutely loved every minute of it. Highly reco
Carissa
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those so called “thrillers” that annoys. The letters and flowers and phone calls with a predictable culprit, a weak female lead and a whole lot of unnecessary nonsense before a barely there climax and a crappy ending! It’s over, that’s the best part of this book.
Shelby
Abby is shocked when her doctor tells her she’s nearly 3 months pregnant. The last time Abby remembers having sex is over a year ago with her ex-boyfriend Ben. But now all of a sudden she’s pregnant and she knows that immaculate conception isn’t the culprit in this situation. There’s only one time that Abby could’ve gotten pregnant, even though she has no recollection of having sex. And that was at her friend, Danny’s, New Year’s Eve party. Abby got pretty drunk—so it’s possible she could’ve hoo ...more
Esha Dickson
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TW: abortion, alcohol, drugs, rape/sexual assault, pregnancy, stalker, violence.

I received an eARC from NetGalley. Abby’a doctor tells her she is two months pregnant. But how can that be true? She hasn’t had sex in a year. However, multiple tests confirm she is indeed pregnant, and the only night she might have had sex which fits the timeline was a New Year’s Eve party where someone must have taken advantage of her intoxicated state. As Abby tries to discover who may have raped her, anonymous me
Carla (Carla's Book Bits)
I just want to say up front: This book was infuriating.

Deliver Me gave me so many mixed feelings, although I did spend almost the entirety of a day glued to it because I just wanted to see the ending through.

Some people may call major spoilers on me for saying this next bit, so be warned. My progression of feelings went exactly like this:

1. I know who the rapist is. Why does this book keep going back and forth, and why does no one ever suspect him?
2. Abby is batshit nuts, how do you just run a
Princess
I loved the premise, it’s an absolute nightmare finding out you are pregnant without memories of having sexual intercourse. It’s frankly a bit slow in some parts and not as thrilling as I had hoped but I was still not able to put it down because I really wanted to know who the culprit is. I was never able to guess the suspect until the reveal. However, it may have been too much of a misdirection to be almost abrupt and the execution was not so satisfying for me hence the 3-star rating.

The novel
Angela Smith
I give it 5* for keeping me guessing who did it, right to the end. There were more red herrings than a fishmongers and I mean that positively. This is the author's debut novel which I enjoyed and will definitely be happy to read her future works.

Abby is a young art teacher at a local high school. She has a mix of friends in and out of work. She lives with her older sister and her husband. She's been feeling a bit under the weather lately and her doctor tells her she's pregnant. It seems impossi
Diane Saul
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby finds out she is pregnant. How is that possible? She hasn’t had sex in the year since the breakup with her ex. Abby thinks back and remembers a New Years Eve party. There are gaps in her memory from that night. Was she drugged and raped? What other explanation could there be for her pregnancy? She begins to get gifts and messages from an unknown person. This person knows personal things about Abby. A secret admirer or something more sinister. Who is the Father of the baby?

This book is a goo
Erika
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Netgalley and Quercus for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is the story of Abby who is shocked to learn she is 2 months pregnant after not having sex for a year. She figures this must have happened at a New Years party where she admittedly had too much to drink but she can’t be sure if she was raped or not. She begins investigating what actually happened that night.

I really liked the premise of this book. I thought it was pretty unique. I felt like Abby’s behav
Agustina
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
First of all, I want to thank Karen Cole and NetGalley for the advance reader copy.

I enjoyed this book, it was a pretty easy read. At the beginning, it was nice but I couldn’t get into it since I found her story too far fetch. Abby was a little frustrating with her naïveté. I thought it was interesting how the author tries to explain her actions by adding her internal thoughts. That was a nice touch. During the last 20% of the book some things start to unravel and it became more interesting. I d
laura melbourne
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gripping

Grabs you from the first page. Couldn't put it down. Great twist keeps you guessing right till the end .
Dawn McCauley
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fast and enjoyable read but didn’t blow me away. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free copy in exchange for review.
Kristen
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well-written characters that you able to relate to and who make you feel for their situations. There is plenty of suspense and mystery in this book to keep you wanting to turn the page. Thank you NetGalley!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Exit Row
  • Sunken Pyramid (Rogue Angel, #45)
  • Liar's Market
  • Lethal Lies
  • Lies Between Us
  • The Night Visitor
  • He Will Find You
  • Bad for You 1 (Bad for You, #1)
  • Våpenskjold (Henning Juul, #4)
  • Primitive
  • Au nord de Folly-sur-mer
  • The Second Wife
  • Closer
  • Trust Me
  • Her Last Lie
  • Clear and Convincing Proof (Barbara Holloway #7)
  • Before I Find You: Are you being followed?
  • The Family at Number 13
Karen Cole grew up in the Cotswolds and got a degree in psychology at Newcastle University. She spent several years teaching English around the world before settling in Cyprus with her husband and two sons, where she works at a British army base as a primary school teacher. She recently completed the Curtis Brown writing course where she found her love of writing psychological thrillers.

Deliver Me
“Every day is a choice. A choice to get up. A choice to see the good in life.” 0 likes