Start by marking “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Volume 1” as Want to Read:
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Volume 1

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Volume 1

(My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Light Novel #1)

After hitting her head particularly hard one day, Duke Claes' daughter, Katarina, suddenly recalls all the memories of her past life: that of a teenage Japanese girl. Just before her untimely death, this girl recalls playing an otome game... that is exactly like the world she's living in now!

She is now Katarina Claes, the antagonist of the otome game, who nastily hounded
Published November 17th 2018 by J-Novel Club (first published August 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about My Next Life as a Villainess, please sign up.
Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho this is a library of novels. It doesn't host the novels themselves.

Start your review of My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Volume 1
Marguerite (M)
Rating : 5 stars
25/07 :
volumes 1 and 2

Katarina Claes, world's dumbest densest character and harem Queen.
If you are young, old, noble, commoner, male, female, good or evil, you will definitely fall in love with Katarina and join her harem. Just so you know, only the harem's members are aware of its existence. World densest character, remember?

Katarina reincarnated as a villainess in the otome game she used to play just before dying in her past life. She's now the rival of the heroine and will
Beth
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: light-novel
This is a cute story about a girl who (as far as she knows) dies in an accident, and is reincarnated as the character Katarina from a "choose your own adventure" romance video game she had been playing the previous night. She knows from playing the game that Katarina is a villain who meets death or exile regardless of the outcome for the game's unknown-thus-far protagonist. Desperate to save herself, she works hard to change the plot, and her fate.

My Next Life as a Villainess's main strength is
Rebecca
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, humor, ya, fantasy
It might not be perfect, but I actively resented having to do anything that made me stop reading. If that's not a five-star book, I'm not sure what is. :)
Barzah
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This takes otome tropes, flips them on their heads, flips them back again and give them pat on head. I live.
Lexie
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Folks. FOLKS. This light novel series is SUPER. It's basically written for me.

- smart alecky girl hyper enthused about her chosen interests
- beautiful guys of varying levels of archetypal personalities
- absurd plots to defeat fate
- dense af love shenanigans from our heroine
- ADORABLE EVERYTHING

Meet Katarina Claes, daughter of the Duke, and for all you otome worshippers like me, the one you might recognize as the female antagonist in Choose Your Otome Title. Beautiful, intelligent and determined
Abi
I read the manga version of this, and decided to read a sample of the light novel. The translation was really well done, and flows like it was originally written in English, which is lovely. What's even more fabulous is the effortlessly charming story. I love Katarina and all of the other characters. Her harem is wonderful. Nicol is my favorite of them. This story has Katarina meet and form her harem, and establishes her own character and the setup for the academy events. It's done in a very ...more
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
When Katarina is 8 years old, she bumps her head and suddenly recalls her past life as a 17-year-old girl in our world. What's more, she realizes that she is now living the life of the villainess in Fortune Lover, the otome game she was playing before she died. To her horror, she realizes that the Katarina of the game had absolutely no good endings. If the game's protagonist got a good ending, Katarina was usually exiled, and if she got a bad ending, Katarina was usually killed. Katarina would ...more
Tamara
Read up to ch.12 ch.14

Synonyms:Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta... /My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!

It's adapted from a light novel and an anime adaptation is on the way!!

Themes and What To Look Forward To: İsekai, Reincarnated in Another World, Strong Friendship, Reverse Harem, Comedy, Slice of Life.

What It's About: The heroine hits her head and finds herself in the otome game called 'Fortune Lover' that she played in her
Mae
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-texts
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Hilarious

This was absolutely hilarious. I giggled while reading it more than once. Thanks to being reincarnated as Katarina, our protagonist goes from being a spoiled rich girl to an idiot. A lovable idiot, but still an idiot. Somehow, she gathers all of these people around her who were originally supposed to be enemies. Instead of the of one game's actual protagonist changing our male characters for the better, Katarina accomplishes this year's before any of them are supposed to meet that girl.
kels
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fluffy sweet pleasure to read. Katarina is a lovable idiot - I guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else in her little harem.
Helen
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fluffy, ebook, comedy, fantasy
I kept giggling all the way through this. Don't think hard, because it's not that kind of book. The cute illustrations were fun, but didn't really add much.

bought because I was having a terrible day, and successfully cheered myself up!
XZ
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: grl-no
Eight-year-old noble Katarina Claes hits her head one day and suddenly starts to remember her past life. Turns out, she used to be an otaku girl who enjoyed otome games. She'd been partway through "Fortune Lover" when she'd passed.

As her memories come back, she finds out that she's in "Fortune Lover", not as the protagonist, but as the villainess! And in that game, the villainess always ends up in exile or in a coffin, no matter who the protagonist chooses.

Katarina doesn't wanna die, and she
Saidah Gilbert
2nd reading: It's just as laugh-out-loud funny as the first time I read it.
Beni
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so cute I was laughing so the dance chapter. It ends suddenly but other than that it was a fun read.
Terrence
My Next Life as a Villainess is a female focused comedy series involving a young maiden who gets transported to the world of an Otome game as Katarina, the villainess / romantic rival to the as yet to be seen protagonist of said game. Armed with the knowledge of that game's scenario, Katarina knows how to plan against getting a "bad ending" for her character by preventing the rest of the cast from falling for the protagonist + forging bonds with them.

The comedy aspect is mainly that Katarina
Ankush
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: light-novels
Mike
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Next Life as a Villainess is a cute and fluffy book about an oblivious otaku girl (Katarina) who is reincarnated as the main villain in a game that she was playing in her previous life. After regaining her memories of her previous life, she sets about to try and make sure she gets a happy ending as all endings in the game ended up with her being killed or exiled.

What ensues is a series of small and enjoyable segments where she meets each of the main characters in the game and ends up making
kurogane shiroikaze
A rare example of female-oriented isekai, Villainess Doom is a charming take on the "fool with a heart of gold" style of stories focusing on the protagonist, Katarina, and her misguided takes in to avoiding a "bad end" due to her past life's memories of an otome game.

While Villainess tends to sell itself as a female-oriented story, it still appeals to a more general audience due to the intentional lack of self-awareness from the writer that this is a "otome game" world. Indeed, half the humour
Sam
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Grace
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
I was interested in the premise (reincarnated into a video game), but the protagonist is a hot mess and prone to panicking which wasn't offset by anything like a high EQ or a personality. The only knowledge from her past life she seems to utilize is what little she remembers from the otome game she now lives in; except she is completely different from the girl she's replaced and doesn't make any allowances for how that might actually change her destiny. She seems to only have plans for surviving ...more
Mark Evans
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
More of a 3.5; this books grows on you as it goes. The premise is similar to SO many light novels about a nerd from our world ending up in the world of a game, but in this case it’s a female nerd who ends up as the game’s antagonist rather than protagonist, desperately trying to avoid all the bad endings that result for her character when the protagonist wins.

I wish they’d done more with that idea, but the book ends up being about her efforts leading to her acquiring a cadre of suitors (of both
Wow
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010s, 2018-reads, manga
Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags
is the name of this light novel turned into manga, and will be debuting an anime series as well in 2019.

the story is about a Japanese high-schooler who dies and is then reincarnated into an otome game that she was playing before her death. The fun part is that the character she's reincarnated into is the villainess of the game who's doomed in all endings of the game.

the MC tries to avoid that path leading to destruction,
Juzefa
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novel is epic in its own way. It has the thing I call ''facepalms of delight'' that result because of the sheer stupidity of the heroine - basically it is hilarious. [especially if you are familiar with the japanese isekai novel genre and have some basic knowledge about otome games]
My thought while reading: ''Can't...stop...facepalmig....she is briliant...or stupid....can't decide.''
Al hail Bakarina the monkey woman harem queen! She captures the hearts of both female and male characters and
Nessa
Not only is the story really funny, the comments from other readers are even funnier and I highly recommend reading them before continuing to each new chapter for maximum lolz.

This is the fan-translation of the web novel, and it's really well done~

I can't wait to read the sequels, also to see what the ultimate dense harem monkey can absorb on her black hole of harems and if she'll ever end up with someone and who it'll be that can break that tough super duper denseness of hers

Fan translation of
Dannica Zulestin
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fanficable
I read this bc the fandom is nominated for Yuletide and it sounded funny. Having read it, I'm kind of like... eh, interesting concept but not enough conflict, Katarina defeats all obstacles much too easily. That's the problem with me and light comedies, I guess. It was fun tho.
Also, looking at the site I found this on, apparently being transported into a game is a somewhat common light novel trope? I didn't know this and now I'm curious.
Wardah
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review for story until graduation.

Okay, I enjoyed this one so much before. But, I couldn't enjoy the reverse-harem near ending when I read the novel so yeah, I can only give 3 stars. I hope I never read the novel....
Shephanie Kuan
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Helen M. Whitchurch
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reincarnation reverse harem

9-15 young duchess makes her age contemporaries happy and charmed by her goodwill when she is reborn into the setting of her favorite game. In the game she was a villain.
She is oblivious to the fact she is now the beloved protagonist.
Oskari
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ranobe
It's very heart-warming how Katarina picks up all the ocstracised people in seek to turn over fate, that would wait her if everything went as in the otome game. Katarina is very dense character with tomboyish tendencies, which often tend to raise hilarious situations.

• 本好きの下剋上 ~司書になるためには手段を選んでいられません~ 第一部「兵士の娘I」(Daughter of a Soldier, #1)
  • 蜘蛛ですが、なにか? [Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?] Vol. 4
  • Didn't I Say To Make My Abilities Average In The Next Life?! Light Novel Vol. 2
  • I Shall Survive Using Potions! Volume 1
  • Didn't I Say To Make My Abilities Average In The Next Life?! Light Novel Vol. 1
  • 本好きの下剋上 ~司書になるためには手段を選んでいられません~ 第一部「兵士の娘II」(Daughter of a Soldier, #2)
  • Didn't I Say To Make My Abilities Average In The Next Life?! Light Novel Vol. 3
  • 蜘蛛ですが、なにか? 5 [Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? 5]
  • 私、能力は平均値でって言ったよね! 5
  • 蜘蛛ですが、なにか? 6 [Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? 6]
  • Didn't I Say To Make My Abilities Average In The Next Life?! Light Novel Vol. 4
  • Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter Vol. 1
  • Sexiled: My Sexist Party Leader Kicked Me Out, So I Teamed Up With a Mythical Sorceress! Volume 1
  • 本好きの下剋上~司書になるためには手段を選んでいられません~ 第一部「兵士の娘Ⅲ」(Daughter of a Soldier, #3)
  • 私、能力は平均値でって言ったよね! 6
  • 蜘蛛ですが、なにか? [Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?] Vol. 7
  • とんでもスキルで異世界放浪メシ1 豚の生姜焼き×伝説の魔獣 [Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi 1] (Tondemo Skill, #1)
  • 蜘蛛ですが、なにか? 3 [Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? 3]

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Light Novel (7 books)
  • 乙女ゲームの破滅フラグしかない悪役令嬢に転生してしまった... 2