Start by marking “Taming Huck Finn” as Want to Read:
Taming Huck Finn

Taming Huck Finn

His greatest adventure is about to catch up with him.

Steamboat pilot Huck Finn lives life on his terms and steers clear of messy entanglements that might tie him down—until he takes charge of an orphaned boy that needs rescuing.

Starched and proper, Miss Hallie MacBride is determined to atone for past sins by raising her estranged sister’s son. She doesn’t expect
Published October 23rd 2018 by E.E. Burke

To ask other readers questions about Taming Huck Finn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Huck Finn

Start your review of Taming Huck Finn
Glenda Kinard
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Author EE Burke shows just what a wonderful gifted writer she is with this book Taming Huck Finn. It takes a highly gifted person to take a classic of literature and give it a whole new spin and story from it and that’s just what
EE Burke did. WoW what an adventure this book was!! Just loved seeing Tad, Hallie and Huck Finn come together as a family. Ever want to know what happened to Huck Finn when he grew up well then this is your book to find out!!
Nildene
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
So. Forewarning for anyone wanting to read this, but I definitely recommend catching up on your classic literature readings.

Have I read Twain’s work? Not yet. Should I have? Probably. (especially considering I didn’t realise Huck Finn is Huckleberry Finn until like 20% in)

BUT

As a stand-alone, like forgetting all that about classic literature and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and the Adventures of Tom Sawyer, this books stands on its own so well.

I might have felt more connection to the
Tonya Lucas
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun twist to an old classic. I didn’t know what to expect but I was left with a feeling of warmth and joy for reading this book. EE Burke was stellar in capturing such an amazing tale of courage, adventure, and belonging. Taming Huck Finn was a fun book to escape into and forget about your own troubles.
Ruth Ramsey
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very entertaining and fun book from a very wonderful author. Elisabeth Burke you outdid yourself again!! Such fun to read about someone's grown up life (Huck Finn) that we read about in his childhood during our own childhood! To see how a little boy brought together his aunt and uncle when both had no plan to ever marry!! Taming Huck Finn is a great read!!
Kristine
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
Taming Huck Finn by E.E. Burke is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in late November.

I admit, I'll really be comparing this to my experiences reading Tim DeRoche's Ballad of Huck & Miguel, though it’s back to the 1870s with this one. A grown Huck in the wake of Mrs Douglas’ death is willed with the care of her grandson, Thad - a task he’s very wary and skittish of - whose custody is also sought by his widowed aunt (Mrs Douglas’ daughter) Hallie. In this way, it’s so much like Heidi where a
Charlotte
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a continuation of Huck Finn's story. He is now an adult and a riverboat pilot. He is still living life by the seat of his pants, but suddenly the real world comes along and threatens to disrupt his rowdy ways. It is no longer just himself that he has to watch out for. The widow Douglas has left him as guardian of his nephew. Now he must take care of his nephew, but Ms. MacBride wants the boy. What a great concept and story!
Diana Day-Admire
Heck of a Huck book.

I too wondered what ever happened to Huck, Tom and Becky.
This 2as a grand adventure and Tad was fantastic. With a pet goat, playing pirates, treasure, and danger all mixed in, you hit tons of emotional buttons that keep a reader turning pages.
Another fun read, one that will remain in my mind and heart almost as much as the originals. Can't wait to read what others this author discovers and shares so well.
Emily Renee
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this wonderful book by E.E. Burke. As a child I read about the adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, and this well written story cleverly captured the adventures of a grown up Huck Finn, the orphan boy Tad, and his spinster aunt.
Ann
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you liked the first Huck Finn book you don't want to miss this one. Huck Finn is grown up now and his story continues. This book is well written and will hold your attention. I really enjoyed it. Thank you BooksGoSocial via NetGalley for the free copy. All opinions expressed are my own.
Letty White-brown
Mar 09, 2019
Cherry London
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly delightful story, I love the way the author transcends the Huckleberry Finn we know from small into an adult romance. Finding and recognizing true love was hard for a wanderer like Huck, but finding himself having a nephew now that sheds new light to the scene. With a deep attraction brewing between Huck and Hallie among their ever fighting its a wonder they found each other. Filled with intrigue, adventure and yes excitement, this book has been an engrossing and excellent read.
Nickia B
Mar 31, 2019
Sue Blanchard
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thankyou to NetGalley, BooksGoSocial and the author, E.E Burke, for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Taming Huck Finn in exchange for an honest and unbiased opinion.
I enjoyed reading this book nearly as much as when I read the original story of Huckleberry Finn.
I loved how descriptive it was and the way the story flowed. The characters were well drawn and realistic. Such a beautifully written piece of literature. 4.5 stars.
Well worth a read.
J.E.S. Hays
Mar 19, 2019
Linda Bieri
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always wondered what happened to my childhood friend, Huckleberry Finn. E.E Burke wrote an amazing tale of what Finn would be up to 15 years later.

As a boy Huckleberry could never be tamed. He was always running off and playing by his own rules. Fifteen years later he has not changed. He did become a riverboat pilot so he was always having adventures... not a care in the world.

One day he is approached by an attorney and told he was appointed guardian of a young boy. Huck has never been
Maria Dariotis
Patti
Nov 02, 2018
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Nov 25, 2018

• Racing Christmas (Rodeo Romance, #6)
  • The Christmas Bargain, (Hardman Holidays, #1)
  • Cowboy Christmas Jubilee (Holiday, Texas #2)
  • Sleigh Bells Ring in Romance (Christmas in Romance #1)
  • Tidings of Joy (The Friendly Beasts of Faraday Book 2)
  • Robyn: A Christmas Bride (Brides of Noelle: Love For All Seasons #9)
  • Boughs of Holly (The Friendly Beasts of Faraday Book 3)
  • The Outlaw's Mail Order Bride (Outlaw Mail Order Brides, #1)
  • A Christmas Cowboy to Keep: A Contemporary Western Romance Collection
  • Tad's Treasure (Grandma's Wedding Quilts #11)
  • Scent of Cedar (The Friendly Beasts of Faraday Book 1)
  • Rosco the Rascal and the Holiday Lights
E.E. Burke writes romance from the heart, woven with history the way in really happened in the wild American West. Her writing has earned accolades in regional and national contests, including the RWA's prestigious Golden Heart.

She combines her passion for history and love of romance in stories that are as deeply rooted in American soil as her family, which she can trace back to the earliest