Start by marking “Dear Diamond” as Want to Read:

Dear Diamond

She wasn’t mine to claim—I knew nothing about her.

But then our eyes met…

She danced on stage, exposed in more ways than just her lack of clothing. I expected to see lust. Instead, I got anger, hatred, resentment. She was in deep with the company I’d escaped, and my presence at Club Swank made me guilty by association.

But I refused to let them have her.

I’d protect her at all
Published November 19th 2018 (first published November 17th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Diamond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Diamond

1-Click Addict Support Group
This was a different type of writing for Stephie Walls, in my 1 cent opinion but like all her other books I was sucked in.

Nikki (Diamond) always had plans to leave and do something with her life, but having a mother like hers made it kind of impossible. It seemed that Diamond was the adult here and I admired Diamond's determination to do what was needed to move on.

From the first time Ryker sees Diamond, he knows that she's the one for him. Some might think it's corny but when you know you know
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

Dear Diamond by Stephie Walls was a bit different from what I usually read from her. I dare to say, Dear Diamond was edgier, but I still enjoyed the ride. I love Stephie’s words so dang much—it doesn't matter if she's writing a contemporary or a darkish romance, she will pull at your heartstrings and make you fall in love with her characters.

Forced to pay her mother's debt, Nikki will do whatever she needs to do to save her, even if that means to leave her innocence behind. Ryker Davis saw beyo
Mandie
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. It was a bit more steamier than other books by this author. It was hot, and intense. The writing was superb from beginning to end. I couldn’t put it down!
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story just touches your soul and hopes for the characters to find love in a dismal place.
Sensitively written, beautifully penned, characterizing love's power and tenacity to defy all odds. Against all written rules and loyalties, an unusual couple gets thrown together due to violent circumstances and is a testament that not all charming princes need a white steed. Some rescuers drive a Harley and are wearing an armour of tattoos. But they save damsels in distress for sure!!!

description

"I’d seen this
Zilpha Owens
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy how Stephie Walls writes her romance. She tried something a little different, a little edgier with Dear Diamond. I like it - a lot. Glued to the pages, invested in the characters, I wanted to both read quickly to find out what happened next and slowly to savor the story.

Ryker Davis is a good guy. His life hasn’t been easy but he wants to do the right thing. He’s sexy, not just in looks and presence but in his undeterred protection and commitment to those that are most important t
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
"Diamond was ferocious, yet dainty. Intense, but subtle. Everything about her was captivating..."

When I read the blurb and signed up, I was really excited to read this one. I would say the first half of the book sucked me in pretty well, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why I couldn't connect after that. It was a little slow, with not much going on, not at all what I thought this book was going to be. Very well written, and the premise of the story a great one, just didn't hold me all
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
By Stephie Walls
4 Stars

Dacon, Illinois…you either love it there and grow up to be in the Union 21 working under the Silvano family…. or you live your entire life wanting to do good in school in hopes that one day you can move out of Dacon, Illinois.

Ryker has grown up being best friends with Chase, the second in line to take over Union 21. The Silvano family has treated Ryker like one of their own. Ryker had it all going for him, good grades, scholarship, etc. But one night being in t
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Dear Diamond is one of those books you just have to read. I looked at the cover and read the synopsis and I knew I had to read this book. I was not disappointed at all. I loved the characters in it accept for one and that was Diamond's mother. I wanted to shuttle kick her in her face so she would get her head out of her a$$ and see what her daughter was doing for her.

Diamond is paying her mother's debt by dancing at the club for the gang Union 21. It is there that she is dancing when she meets R
Ana Rita
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh goody... It's been a while since I've read a book from this lady. She had stolen my heart with her previous books and she keeps giving me reasons to keep loving her.
Each book was special, intense and made me want to read non stop.
Stephie Walls knows how to capture our attention. She knows how to captivate our hearts and souls.
Her writing is raw, intense, amazing and super detailed. Just give her a chance and you'll see for yourself.
Dear Diamond is her latest release and tells the stories
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Ryker came from a small town which was run by a gang U21, he had never joined the gang his wish was to get out of the town and well away. It didn't help that his best friend, Chase, was the leaders grandson. He had ended up doing time with Chase by just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Jesse the leader had said he owed him one for taking the prison sentence. Ryker finds himself entering the night club SWANKS run by the gang as it was Sam's stag night, he really didn't wa
LianaReads blog
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another new to me author and love it so much.
Union 21 owns almost every business in town and it’s a feared drug dealer gang.
Ryker doesn’t want to have anything to do with the gang but his best friend from childhood is the grandson of the head of the gang so he’s forced to hang out with them every now and then.
Nikki becomes a damsel in distress saved by Ryker as she has to dance in one of the strip club owned by the Union 21 for her mother’s addiction/ debt because they will always collect their
Cyndi Becker
Shelves: november-2018
Once again I'm awed by the range in Stephie Walls storytelling. Dear Diamond is not like any of the other books by her that I've read. Okay, slight back-peddle here because her writing is always flawless. But the subject and situation is much grittier than I'm used to.

Ryker is a young man with a past tainted by the prison sentence he served, and Nikki is a young women who has taken on the repayment of her drug abusing mother moms debt to a drug/crime boss. These two are connected to each other
Steph's Romance Book Talk
This is a very different Stephie Walls’ book than the others I have read. This book brings the hot, sexy, and sassy from the very start. Ryker is this ex-con that has ties with an underworld family. Nikki is trying to do right by her mom by paying off her debt. Ryker has an instant attraction to Nikki the very first time he sees her and Nikki uses Ryker to get through something that she does not really want to do. This is a slow-burn almost taboo but super sexy story that lets you get to know Ry ...more
Tamara
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2018, review
Darker and grittier than Ms Walls other books Dear Diamond was still just as enthralling. I was glued to my kindle from the first page to the very last - I HAD to know what was going to happen and just how Nikki and Ryker’s story was going to play out, and I wasn’t disappointed. Through all the twists and turns I was right there with them - heart pounding and sweaty palms.
Stevie Cole
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun, edged read with the perfect amount of steam

Stephie Walls just proved she can write all the things. From raw and sweet to flirty and sexy.

Ryker is one swoon worthy alpha and his eyes are dead set on Diamond.

Dear Diamond holds the perfect amount of push and pull, just enough steam and an edge of suspense. Stephie’s flawless and well written words make this an enjoyable read and easy five star read.
Donna
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stephie Walls does it again! She is definitely a 1-Click author. I loved Dear Diamond. It was different from her past book with a darker type Romance to it but it was so good! Ryker was hooked the first moment he layed eyes on Nikki and she couldn’t keep her eyes off him either. I loved the tension you felt theough the whole book. There was so much suspense . The book caught you from the first page and didn’t let you go until the last word. Great read for 2018!!
Tricia Davis
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read and reviewed an ARC copy for an honest review on behalf of Everything Marie http://everythingmarie.com

Dear Diamond was a fantastic read! Storyline was awesome and the characters were came alive in my head! Ryker ..... oye.... the tattooed hottie..... best friends with Chase whom is part of Union 21. Ryker paid some heavy prices for that friendship until one day he had to call in his favor.
Nikki- all too young caught up in trying to fix her mother’s mess...... only her mother will never cha
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stephie Walls continues to amaze me with her stories each and every time. Dear Diamond is different than the previous books I have read by her but it still contains a heartfelt and gripping story line with a strong female lead that won't allow you to put the book down until you are finished.
Nancy Reads
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read almost all of the books written by Stephie Walls, but after reading DEAR DIAMOND, I must say it is an entirely different book from any of her others. When I first started reading, I actually turned back to the title page to make sure she was the author. I was drawn into the story from the first page, and even stayed up late to finish the book in one day. It really was that good!

On the west side of Dacon, Illinois, the Union 21 was run by the Silvano family and they controlled the ent
buzy_reading
Dec 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: age-difference

I’ve tried so many times to read Stephie Walls books and each time I struggle with her writing style and content. Something was missing in this book. Half way into the story I felt very little progress was made. I felt the circumstances made it convenient for Ryker to get involved in Nikki’s problems. It’s too slow for my liking. Sadly, I skimmed a good majority of the story. Stephie’s writing style isn’t a good match for me. I’ve tried numerous times reading her books hoping to find that writin
Pam
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is a story unlike anything I've read from Stephie Walls before. And again, I see a fantabulous job. This story is more dirty and gritty than others, but it also seems more realistic.

A town inhabited and controlled by a local gang or more like a mobster crew. There's no way to escape this life, no matter where you turn or how much you're determined to lay low to escape, there is some way you're caught up in their web.

Nikki has been one of the lucky ones, until she isn't. Her story starts wit
Rebecca Austin
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trsor
Ryker Davis is best friends with Chase Silvano and has been for many years. Their association landed Ryker in jail and a connection to the gang Union 21 which he has tried to avoid at all costs. When he goes into Club Swank he sees a girl there that he knows he wants to protect and have.

Nikki "Diamond" Wilson has always kept on the good side of things but now she finds herself having to pay for the things her mom has done. Now she must work at Club Swank to pay back Jessie Silvano the money her
Andi
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephie Walls never ceases to amaze me. Dear Diamond is another in a long line of amazing stories from a master! Walls creates characters that draw out every emotion. And just when you don't think you can take any more of the feels, Walls hits you with another round. I've started planning for the book hangover that comes with a new Walls novel. But they are so worth every moment.

While Dear Diamond seems to be different than some of Walls' other works on the surface, you'll find it's just as comp
Demetra
Shelves: arcs, e-books

I haven't really read any books featuring female strippers before. If you are the same then I believe that this book is ideal for you to get started! "Dear Diamond" by Stephie Walls features a heroine that is forced to strip in order to save her mother from a gang and the hero that comes to her rescue.

Nikki is a very passionate and opinionated female. She may be forced to strip but she's anything but happy about it. She makes her dislike for any Union 21 member apparent from the start a
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
From the moment I opened this book, I was quite intrigued. I had not read anything by this author before and I was really excited to finally read something by her. I was not disappointed! The story was so well written I was hooked from the very beginning. It flowed smoothly and was very difficult to put down.

Nikki was in her own personal hell, thanks to the one person that was supposed to love her the most. The struggles she faced not only hurt my heart but made me angry. I felt every emotion sh
Amy Stephens
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such amazing writing talent!!

Stephie Walls has just taken her storytelling ability to the next level! Dear Diamond is nothing like what we're accustomed to reading. A little bit edgier and definitely grittier, Walls has proven that this darker side is a genre she feels comfortable taking on.

I sort of went into Dear Diamond blindly, not really understanding the whole Union 21 thing. But I was drawn to Ryker, an ex-con, and Diamond/Nikki, a young dancer working to pay off her mother's debt. The co
Carolyn Muller
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dear Diamond by Stephie Walls
5 stars, I fell in love with Ryker and Nikki from the first page.
Ryker is a tatted up Harley guy trying to stay on the straight and narrow after already spending some time in jail. He’s out for a drink and a young woman totally catches his eye, he finds out her name is Diamond and she’s tough as nails. He thinks she’s beautiful and sexy. She’s doing a job she hates but has no choice in. Her mother got in trouble with the local drug lord and she’s agreed to his terms
Annette
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dear Diamond is darker than what I’ve read from Stephie Walls. Not at all a bad thing, it’s always nice to see an author switch up their writing style. From the cover to the blurb I had to really wrap my head around the changes and what I’m use to reading by the author.

Ryker, out on parole and just trying to live his lonely life notices Nikki aka Diamond. What could an ex felon and a young stripper possibly have in common??!! He’s drawn to her for some reason he can’t quite understand but as yo
Konny
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dear Diamond by Stephie Walls is the heartwrenching story of Ryker and Nikki.
Both are trapped by fate and circumstances in a world of crime and violence.

Ryker has to be together with a gang he wants to have nothing to do with and Nikki is the pink, glittery flawless dream. He stops at nothing to have her, make her his.

Nikki is a young woman, who's forced to pay debts that aren't her own and that endangers her greatly. But she still has a lot of growing up to do and her actions aren't that of a g
Clare Harrison
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Keeping her mother safe her top priority, dignity lost with a shrug of the shoulders.

A double persona. One of edge, sharp and strong. The other of morals righting the wrong.

Ink and piercings adorn his body, making him stand out from the crowd.

Not a member but affiliated with the family through a lifelong friendship.

One stage, one dance her eyes find his and no one else exists.

Ryker the guy who took the fall, innocent though his outwardly appearance says otherwise.

Nikki her one goal in life to es
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Stephie Walls is a literary whore - she loves words in all forms and will read anything put in front of her. She has an affinity for British Literature and Romance novels and an overall love of writing. She currently has eight novels out, four short stories, and two collections; all provocatively written to elicit your imagination and spice up your world. She has another novel on its way to booksh