Start by marking “Dear Diamond” as Want to Read:

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
One unfortunate decision had bought me a life sentence, serving time alongside the gang I’d worked years to avoid. My affiliation with Union 21 had wreaked havoc all around me.

Then came Diamond.

In a world filled with neon-pink lights, glitter, and rhinestones, she was a flawless gem. While she didn’t realize her worth, I recognized her value—priceless.

I’d stop at nothin
Expected publication: November 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Dear Diamond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Diamond

Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading Dear Diamond by Stephie Walls. It was a little different from what I'm used to reading from this author—I dare to say, edgier, but I still enjoyed the ride. Love Stephie’s words so dang much!

I’m not a fan of gauges but I didn’t care a little bit here, Ryker stole my heart.

Full review to follow!
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story just touches your soul and hopes for the characters to find love in a dismal place.
Sensitively written, beautifully penned, characterizing love's power and tenacity to defy all odds. Against all written rules and loyalties, an unusual couple gets thrown together due to violent circumstances and is a testament that not all charming princes need a white steed. Some rescuers drive a Harley and are wearing an armour of tattoos. But they save damsels in distress for sure!!!

description

"I’d seen this
Zilpha Owens
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy how Stephie Walls writes her romance. She tried something a little different, a little edgier with Dear Diamond. I like it - a lot. Glued to the pages, invested in the characters, I wanted to both read quickly to find out what happened next and slowly to savor the story.

Ryker Davis is a good guy. His life hasn’t been easy but he wants to do the right thing. He’s sexy, not just in looks and presence but in his undeterred protection and commitment to those that are most important t
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
By Stephie Walls
4 Stars

Dacon, Illinois…you either love it there and grow up to be in the Union 21 working under the Silvano family…. or you live your entire life wanting to do good in school in hopes that one day you can move out of Dacon, Illinois.

Ryker has grown up being best friends with Chase, the second in line to take over Union 21. The Silvano family has treated Ryker like one of their own. Ryker had it all going for him, good grades, scholarship, etc. But one night being in t
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
"Diamond was ferocious, yet dainty. Intense, but subtle. Everything about her was captivating..."

When I read the blurb and signed up, I was really excited to read this one. I would say the first half of the book sucked me in pretty well, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why I couldn't connect after that. It was a little slow, with not much going on, not at all what I thought this book was going to be. Very well written, and the premise of the story a great one, just didn't hold me all
Donna
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stephie Walls does it again! She is definitely a 1-Click author. I loved Dear Diamond. It was different from her past book with a darker type Romance to it but it was so good! Ryker was hooked the first moment he layed eyes on Nikki and she couldn’t keep her eyes off him either. I loved the tension you felt theough the whole book. There was so much suspense . The book caught you from the first page and didn’t let you go until the last word. Great read for 2018!!
Nancy Reads
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read almost all of the books written by Stephie Walls, but after reading DEAR DIAMOND, I must say it is an entirely different book from any of her others. When I first started reading, I actually turned back to the title page to make sure she was the author. I was drawn into the story from the first page, and even stayed up late to finish the book in one day. It really was that good!

On the west side of Dacon, Illinois, the Union 21 was run by the Silvano family and they controlled the ent
Carolyn Muller
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dear Diamond by Stephie Walls
5 stars, I fell in love with Ryker and Nikki from the first page.
Ryker is a tatted up Harley guy trying to stay on the straight and narrow after already spending some time in jail. He’s out for a drink and a young woman totally catches his eye, he finds out her name is Diamond and she’s tough as nails. He thinks she’s beautiful and sexy. She’s doing a job she hates but has no choice in. Her mother got in trouble with the local drug lord and she’s agreed to his terms
Konny
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dear Diamond by Stephie Walls is the heartwrenching story of Ryker and Nikki.
Both are trapped by fate and circumstances in a world of crime and violence.

Ryker has to be together with a gang he wants to have nothing to do with and Nikki is the pink, glittery flawless dream. He stops at nothing to have her, make her his.

Nikki is a young woman, who's forced to pay debts that aren't her own and that endangers her greatly. But she still has a lot of growing up to do and her actions aren't that of a g
Terra Drynan-Werder
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can you change fate? Are you destined to become that which you cannot stand? Those are the questions that Nikki and Ryker struggle with in this book. Born into the wrong part of town where the drug lords end up owing you one way or another, both Nikki and Ryker want more but can they actually get it? Most books by Stephie Wall's are an emotional roller coaster than leave me in tears at some point, this wasn't that kind of book, however it was no less of a wonderful ride. Nikki is as fierce as a ...more
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
3.5 Stars
Dear Diamond was an “ok” read. The writing was good but the plot/storyline lacked luster.
I’ve never read about a gang leader that let so much go so easily. Ryker and Nikki were good together but I didn’t feel all the bells and whistles. There was no action. No “wow” factor.
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~

Theme or Tone~ 3/5
Flow (Writing Style)~ 3.5/
Angela James
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Raw and Edgy. Dear Diamond grabs you on page one and holds you hostage right up until the end. Nikki and Ryker have led parallel lives and have more in common than they realize. Neither want the life that misfortune has trapped them in... Nikki was just trying to do her best and help her momma when she realizes how in over her head she is. Ryker was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time...The Silvano's owe him but does he want to cash in on that to save the girl he just met?
I was consumed
Rebecca Abrook
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dear Diamond is something a little different from Stephie Walls! I have loved all her past offerings, and couldn't wait to see what this was about!
Dear Diamond is a little darker, a little bit edgier and a whole lot of awesomeness.
Ryker is a different kind of hero, a guy with a dark past from a town ruled by a gang that he wants nothing to do with, even though his best friend is the heir apparent. Nikki is the heroine, also from the town who has tried to stay well clear of said gang, but has bee
Lindsey King
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Angst 3
Tears 0
Value 3.5
Storyline 4
Panty Scorching 5
Overall Rating 4

Well..... I am kinda on the fence with this book. It was a great storyline. I felt like it was addictive and exciting to read. A little on the darker side. It was also a super sexy read. Which is always a plus. I guess where I am having an issue is that the conflict should have been a little bigger a little more bang involved. Other than that I really loved the entire book and characters. There was some hot and sweet and just dow
Jaime Reynolds
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stephie did not disappoint with this story. It was a completely different read than what I am used to and I truly enjoyed it. Nikki and Ryker both came from different worlds, were handed lives beyond their control and did the best they could with them. Finding one another was the best thing that could have happened to them. The characters were intense and their journey inspiring because no matter where you come from there is always hope. Life is what you make of it and you should not let others ...more
Terri Handschumacher
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My emotions were taken for a ride with this one. But, then again I really can't expect anything less when it comes to a Stephie Walls books. This one was more on the edgier side than the books that I have read by her before. And I can say I loved this side of her writing skill. The characters are done in true Walls form and you find yourself sucked into their lives. This is definitely one that I will be adding to the reread list, and of course will be recommending to anyone that I can.
Sarah  G
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That. Was. Amazing!

Ryker and Nikki/Diamond was such a phenomenal story, I didn't want it to end! The things they went through.

This was so well written I could actually feel the emtuons they went through. Between the anger, fear, the loneliness Nikki felt, or the love and hope, I didn't know if it was me feeling this way or the characters. It felt so real!!

I would love more on this couple!

Denise Wells
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG - Just like everything that Stephie writes, this book is fantastic. I told myself I was only going to read one chapter before bed, and I got so caught up in Ryker and Nikki that I stayed up to finish the entire book! The characters still haunt me today, in a good way. I miss them, I want to be their friend and have their story never end.
Juli Hall
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Ryker first lays his eyes on Nikki (Diamond ) at the seedy strip club he knew he had to protect her. From what, he didn't know at first. Nikki was only there to pay off her mother's debt. When she first met Ryker she felt safe even though she didn't know him. Love how strong and independent Nikki is and how strong and caring Ryker is. Absolutely loved this book. Highly recommended.
AJ
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was provided an ARC of this book for my honest review.

Dear Diamond was awesome! I was immediately drawn into Nikki and Ryker's story and the challenges they faced living in a dangerous place. Great characters, awesome love story.
LaTonya
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-own
This is definitely different than others Stephie Walls has written. This story is about fate, circumstances, choices, crime, and violence. It’s a great story
Mandie
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was a bit more steamier than other books by this author. It was hot, and intense. The writing was superb. I couldn’t put it down!
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stephie Walls continues to amaze me with her stories each and every time. Dear Diamond is different than the previous books I have read by her but it still contains a heartfelt and gripping story line with a strong female lead that won't allow to put the book down until you are finished.
Danielle Robbins
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dear Diamond is not the normal read by Stephie Walls. It was edgier and a little intense. I liked it! I loved Ryker and Nikki. They were great together and had steamy chemistry. This was a great read!
PaB
Elizabeth Harrelson
Teresa Price
Karin Hagmann
Oct 22, 2018

Stephie Walls is a literary whore - she loves words in all forms and will read anything put in front of her. She has an affinity for British Literature and Romance novels and an overall love of writing. She currently has eight novels out, four short stories, and two collections; all provocatively written to elicit your imagination and spice up your world. She has another novel on its way to booksh