Start by marking “Unfollow Me” as Want to Read:
Unfollow Me

Unfollow Me

You Can't Stop Watching Her.

Violet Young is a hugely popular journalist-turned-mummy-vlogger, with three young children, a successful husband and a million subscribers on YouTube who tune in daily to watch her everyday life unfold.

Until the day she's no longer there.

But one day she disappears from the online world - her entire social media presence deleted overnigh

Published August 22nd 2019 by Quercus (first published June 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Unfollow Me, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Hayley Keep reading and you'll find out…moreKeep reading and you'll find out(less)

Start your review of Unfollow Me
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprise, surprise, something juicy, tasty, deliciously witty, fresh from the oven deserves 4 stars and it’s time to be a generous grader because it’s a quite fantastic, entertaining, twisty page-turner about voluntarily letting your life play out in front of the prying, curious and controlling eyes book.

This book definitely passes all the tests with flying rainbow colors.

Great writing- CHECK

Kaceey
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
3.75*
You may be ready to power off your online presence! But maybe your followers aren’t ready or willing to let you go?

Violet has it all. An adoring husband and three beautiful little girls. She shares every last detail of her life and that of her family’s online. And apparently it’s intriguing enough that she’s gained over a million followers on her YouTube channel. So what happens when she suddenly vanishes? Or more accurately, her on-line presence disappears! YouTube....Instagram...Facebook,
Michelle
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Charlotte Duckworth you are now two for two in entertaining the heck out of me with your well thought out stories and for that I thank you!!! *MWAH*

Violet Young is a Youtube sensation or rather "influencer" with her hugely popular mommy vlog, Violet is Blue, which was started as a way to help other mothers that suffer with postpartum depression. While she does have many fans she also has an equal number of haters that spew vitriol via their keyboard muscles each and every day. It appears that o
Holly  B
3.5

I think this is the third book about the dangers of social media I've read in the past few months.

I really enjoyed the beginning and the mysterious disappearance of a hugely successful mommy/wifey vlogger. Her followers were caught off guard and devastated to find all her accounts and posts deleted without explanation. They had no way to feed their obsession with her and her family.

I'd describe this one as a light psychological thriller with potential. The story line became somewhat repetiti
Ceecee
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What has happened to vlogger Violet Blake? Why has she shut down all her social media? Her fans speculate wildly and are desperate for the truth. This addictive and fast paced thriller had me hooked from start to finish. The story is told from multiple perspectives: Yvonne, who is married to Simon and is desperate to be a mum; Lily, a single mum to Archie, permanently broke, frequently drunk as she’s so unhappy with her life; Henry, who is married to Violet and finally from Violet herself.

This
Jayme
A million subscribers tune in to watch the YouTube channel :

VIOLET IS BLUE

Violet, a Mummy influencer with three children, who has battled Post Partum depression and come out on the other side, now offers a daily glimpse into her life and words of encouragement to all of her fans...

Her followers count on seeing her every day.
But one day:

VIOLET IS GONE

Did the woman trolling her, finally force her to delete ALL of her accounts overnight? Or has something far more sinister happened to Violet?

Tw
Suzy
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

What is it about nut case characters that I love so much!?

I’m loving this social media trend that is going on right now in books. It’s incredibly eye opening since we all tend to take it all for granted most of the time.

Popular mommy vlogger Violet suddenly disappears from social media and her obsessive stalkers (or followers as they like to call themselves) go into a panicked frenzy trying to figure out what happened to her. The story is told in 3 POV’s - Lily, Yvonne (two of
Carolyn
When Violet Young, a hugely popular mummy vlogger and influencer goes off line it sets a buzz amongst her followers. Why has she shut done all her social media accounts? What's happened? Is something wrong with her, her three adorable children or Henry, her perfect magazine publisher husband? What are her addicted fans going to do now they can no longer get their daily fix of Violet?

The mystery unfurls from the point of view of two of Violet's followers. Lily, who has an unhealthy obsession with
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: GoMamas

Topics >Mummy Vloggers>Violet is Blue>Violet's Whereabouts

Horsesforcourses
So guys, a friend of a friend knows Violet's next door neighbour. Apparently on Saturday evening she heard Violet and Henry screaming at each other. Like properly screaming, through the walls. It was so bad it woke up this woman's newborn. Then - and this is the best/worst bit - an ambulance arrived. She couldn't see who it was for and she didn't want to go outside and stare like a horrible rubbernecker. B
NZLisaM
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happened to Violet Blake?

A successful mummy vlogger with over one millions followers vanishes from social media overnight – her YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram accounts closed without warning. Her fans are desperate to know why, and some will do anything to find out.

The synopsis for this one had me so excited, and I was right to be. Unfollow Me was entertaining and engrossing with some disturbing, characters-crossing-the-line, developments. Even though no one in the book was particularly li
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Charlotte Duckworth is a new to me author that I think I may have discovered over on the ‘Gram. Ironic, since this is a story about an influencer. Thanks to technology, long gone are the days when . . . . .

Nope. Nowadays anyone can get a paycheck and be internet famous if they try hard enough. Violet is living proof. Her handsome husband, beautiful home and charming children have propelled her to the top of the heap when it comes
Phrynne
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 5000-2020
An okay book but nothing exciting. I would certainly argue with it being classified as a thriller! Okay there was a mystery but at no point was this book suspenseful or thrilling. In fact at times it was actually dull.

It was a good premise and started well although I wanted to know more about Violet up front. She disappeared quickly and only popped up as hearsay until the last few chapters. There were three unreliable and unlikeable narrators, none of whom attracted any real sympathy. Eventually
Susanne  Strong
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
4 Stars

Obsession over a popular Vlogger?! In the age of Social Media, it’s all the Rage. And I mean Rage!

What happens when popular Vlogger, Violet Young, disappears? When all of her channels go dark? Why Mayhem of course!

“Unfollow Me” by Charlotte Duckworth is a highly entertaining novel that had me from the get go. From, Lily, Violet’s #1 fan, to Yvonne, the woman whose obsession with Violet is more personal, I simply couldn’t stop myself from well, obsessing. (Giggle, giggle..)

This was anothe
Pat (not getting friend updates currently)
Well, that was a bit of fun! Violet Young is a social media influencer, a mummy blogger on You Tube, Twitter, Instagram and so on and one day in December her feed suddenly ‘goes dark’. She has shut it all down without explanation. Nobody knows what has happened. Her hundreds of thousands of followers are gutted. Personally I don’t get it. Some of these fans are literally addicted to Violet.

We follow the story through a couple of these followers - Lily, a 27 year old single mother struggling on a
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Last year I read The Rival by Charlotte Duckworth and was blown away. It was definitely one of my favourite books of 2018. I was sooo happy to be approved for an advanced copy of her new book Unfollow Me - and I am happy to report that it is fantastic! I was completely drawn into the world of the mummy blogger and the fans and I just wanted to keep reading, having no idea how things were going to pan out. The story was twisty, clever and very well written and I can't recommend it enough.

Unfollow
Bridgett
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
"It's what you want, after all, isn't it? Without an audience, without people like me watching, then what are you? No one asked you to put yourself on the internet. No one asked you to leave breadcrumb trails of your life across the World Wide Web, just waiting for a hungry bird like me to gobble up. I know everything about you, Violet. But what do you know about me?"

Violet Is Blue, a YouTube influencer focusing on postpartum depression and the pitfalls of marriage and motherhood, sudde
Mark
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

It was well worth going straight from ‘the rival’ the authors 1st book onto this book, I guess the 2nd book is always a ‘will it be as good’ etc for both author and reader
Well it is!
This book revolves around Violet, a youtube influencer and what happens when she ‘disappears’ from Social Media and how 2 intense fans, ok stalkers, for very different reasons miss her and intend to find out what has ‘gone on’
Intermingled with snippets from forums where other fans discuss where she might be you can s
Sara
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Violet Young, ‘yummy mummy vlogger’ lives a perfect life online. With her three beautiful children, a supportive husband and a huge house in London, she videos their daily lives to millions of followers. Until one day, everything stops. No social media accounts can be found, and Violet seems to have vanished completely. With reports of screaming from their family home, could the supposed perfect family be unravelling? And where is
Gloria Arthur
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happens when you share too much of your life on social media?

A unique and fascinating fast paced plot where the characters and their deep secrets kept me guessing as to how they were all connected. I was drawn in from the first page.

Unfollow Me tells the story of a successful mommy blogger/influencer called Violet Young. She is married to her adoring husband Henry, they have three young children and a beautiful home. Violet has over a million subscribers on YouTube.

Overnight Violet’s online
Kylie H
A very contemporary book on the pitfalls of living your life through social media.
The book is told through three characters the first is Lily, a single mum who is dependent on a 'social media influencer' called Violet. Lily is shocked when Violet suddenly shuts down all of her social media with no explanation. Lily makes it her mission despite her own precarious position with her 3 year old to find out what happened to Violet.
Yvonne is forty and desperate to fall pregnant with her younger husban
Lou
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Ms Duckworth has done it again. I thoroughly enjoyed her debut novel, The Rival, and this time we get a techno-thriller (a thriller based heavily around technology/internet/social media), and boy is it beyond addictive. Main character Violet is a successful and revered vlogger and social media influencer who disappears suddenly. Her fans are naturally extremely concerned as all of her profiles on her favourite social media platforms have also been deleted without so much as a word. This is ...more
Jan
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, mystery
This is my second back to back thriller dealing with technology and the impact social media has on our lives.

Two books with the same foundation, but that's were the similarity ends.

The first (Follow Me) deals with an egotistical nobody who's trying to be somebody, because it makes them feel special.

Unfollow me actually deals with the subject from the audiences point of view-those who give the likes and make the user feel loved.

I'm actually glad I read these 2 back to back as it was interesting
Darinda
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Violet is a popular social media influencer and "mom" vlogger with over a million followers. When all of her social media accounts are suddenly deleted, fans start to question what happened. Some think Violet simply decided to quit it all, while others believe something more sinister has happened.

Told from multiple points of view - Lily, Yvonne, and Henry. Lily and Yvonne are fans that have unhealthy obsessions with Violet. Henry is Violet's husband. Everyone has secrets.

A witty psychological th
Lilith Black Bee
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
E-ARC provided by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My opinions are my own and are not affected in any way.

DISCLAIMER! At the last Cons point my frustration is so high that it seems like I am trashing the author. It is NOT my intention, in any way! It's just my frustration showing it's worst and my inability to make myself and my opinion understood.

I know my review comes after more than one month since I finished the book, but I honestly don't know how to star
Monika Sadowski
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well written story about disappearance of a vlogger Violet Young. Her followers decided to find out what happened to her. Fast paste, interesting with some twists and turns.

*I received a copy of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for a fair review.
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I love the growing trend of thrillers that have a social media aspect to them, so I was really excited about Unfollow Me! After YouTube star Violet deletes her channel and all of her social media accounts with no notice, her fans are concerned. Unfollow Me is primarily told through alternating points of view between Yvonne and Lily, both who have personal interests in Violet, and who both have their own secrets. Interspersed as chapters told through emails sent from a troll account to Violet, so ...more
Kristie
This was a good book, but I felt that it had potential to be even better. I enjoyed it well enough and wanted to know what happened, but then felt it was a bit underwhelming at the end. With that said, the ending was at least realistic and I do prefer a realistic ending. It just wasn't quite up to par with the buildup.

This is the first book I've read by Charlotte Duckworth and I'm interested in reading more of her work. I liked the way the story was slowly revealed as you got closer to the 'big
Gary
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author to me but proved to be an exciting read.

Violet Young is a mother of three young children and wife to a successful husband. Violet is also a very successful vlogger with a million subscribers on YouTube who tune in daily to watch her everyday life unfold. But everything changes when suddenly she disappears from the online world and all social media is deleted. What has happened to Violet?, is she fed up of sharing her life on the net or is there something more sinister a foot
Bridget
What happened to Violet Young?

Not having read The Rival, I had absolutely no expectations from Unfollow Me, other than what I had gleaned from the very promising synopsis.

In this gripping tale that delves into the modern inclination towards social media, blogging, and celebrity influencers, Violet Young is an ex-journalist turned mummy-vlogger with a huge following throughout various social media platforms. One day, without explanation, all of her accounts appear to have been suddenly delete
ʚϊɞ Shelley's ʚϊɞ Book Nook
Her life is perfect. So why has she left us?

Wow what a great book, full of twists and turns. I found this to be a quick and easy read and one that was hard to put down. The plot starts speedily and never lets up; it keeps you guessing about the next twist and its resolution. To me it was never clear who would do what and for what reason – I’m an avid reader of mysteries and thrillers, and after decades of reading...not much comes as a surprise anymore. But the intricate and evil loopholes Ch

• Good Girls Lie
  • The Girl You Gave Away
  • The Housekeeper
  • The Doctor
  • The Secret Admirer (Detective Natalie Ward, #6)
  • The Missing Letters of Mrs Bright
  • Come a Little Closer
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Moral Compass
  • The Daughter
  • Abduction
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • Her Missing Child
  • The Quiet Girls (Detective Carrie Flynn, #2)
  • The Liars
  • Seven Days
  • The Second Home
  • The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward, #5)

News & Interviews