Start by marking “Unfollow Me” as Want to Read:
Unfollow Me

Unfollow Me

You Can't Stop Watching Her.

Violet Young is a hugely popular journalist-turned-mummy-vlogger, with three young children, a successful husband and a million subscribers on YouTube who tune in daily to watch her everyday life unfold.

Until the day she's no longer there.

But one day she disappears from the online world - her entire social media presence deleted overnight,

Published August 22nd 2019 by Quercus (first published June 1st 2019)

Start your review of Unfollow Me
Dita
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The sound of my husband slapping his hands against his thighs in time to "We Built This City" makes me want to crash the car and kill us both."

Yvonne's hilarity in this book is EVERYTHING. At one point she calls some women in a mommy's chat group "The Breastapo" and I lost it again.

The story itself absorbed me utterly. I just HAD to figure out what was going on but the one-liner "gifts" along the way added so much levity to this thriller that it was the perfect read for me.

Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprise, surprise, something juicy, tasty, deliciously witty, fresh from the oven deserves 4 stars and it’s time to be a generous grader because it’s a quite fantastic, entertaining, twisty page-turner about voluntarily letting your life play out in front of the prying, curious and controlling eyes book.

This book definitely passes all the tests with flying rainbow colors.

Great writing- CHECK

Intriguing characters- CHECK

Fast and unputdownable pacing-CHECK

Satisfying conclusion- CHECK

The plot:
Michelle
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Charlotte Duckworth you are now two for two in entertaining the heck out of me with your well thought out stories and for that I thank you!!! *MWAH*

Violet Young is a Youtube sensation or rather "influencer" with her hugely popular mommy vlog, Violet is Blue, which was started as a way to help other mothers that suffer with postpartum depression. While she does have many fans she also has an equal number of haters that spew vitriol via their keyboard muscles each and every day. It appears that
Babydimps (Suzy)
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

What is it about nut case characters that I love so much!?

I’m loving this social media trend that is going on right now in books. It’s incredibly eye opening since we all tend to take it all for granted most of the time.

Popular mommy vlogger Violet suddenly disappears from social media and her obsessive stalkers (or followers as they like to call themselves) go into a panicked frenzy trying to figure out what happened to her. The story is told in 3 POV’s - Lily, Yvonne (two of Violet’s
Holly  B
3.5

I think this is the third book about the dangers of social media I've read in the past few months.

I really enjoyed the beginning and the mysterious disappearance of a hugely successful mommy/wifey vlogger. Her followers were caught off guard and devastated to find all her accounts and posts deleted without explanation. They had no way to feed their obsession with her and her family.

I'd describe this one as a light psychological thriller with potential. The story line became somewhat
Jayme
A million subscribers tune in to watch the YouTube channel :

VIOLET IS BLUE

Violet, a Mummy influencer with three children, who has battled Post Partum depression and come out on the other side, now offers a daily glimpse into her life and words of encouragement to all of her fans...

Her followers count on seeing her every day.
But one day:

VIOLET IS GONE

Did the woman trolling her, finally force her to delete ALL of her accounts overnight? Or has something far more sinister happened to Violet?

NZLisaM
What happened to Violet Blake?

A successful mummy vlogger with over one millions followers vanishes from social media overnight – her YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram accounts closed without warning. Her fans are desperate to know why, and some will do anything to find out.

The synopsis for this one had me so excited, and I was right to be. Unfollow Me was entertaining and engrossing with some disturbing, characters-crossing-the-line, developments. Even though no one in the book was particularly
Ceecee
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What has happened to vlogger Violet Blake? Why has she shut down all her social media? Her fans speculate wildly and are desperate for the truth. This addictive and fast paced thriller had me hooked from start to finish. The story is told from multiple perspectives: Yvonne, who is married to Simon and is desperate to be a mum; Lily, a single mum to Archie, permanently broke, frequently drunk as she’s so unhappy with her life; Henry, who is married to Violet and finally from Violet herself.

This
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Charlotte Duckworth is a new to me author that I think I may have discovered over on the ‘Gram. Ironic, since this is a story about an influencer. Thanks to technology, long gone are the days when . . . . .

Nope. Nowadays anyone can get a paycheck and be internet famous if they try hard enough. Violet is living proof. Her handsome husband, beautiful home and charming children have propelled her to the top of the heap when it comes to
Dita
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Yvonne's hilarity in this book is EVERYTHING. At one point she calls some women is a mommy's chat group The Breastapo, and I lost it again.

The story itself absorbed me utterly. I HAD to figure out what was going on but the one-liner gifts along the way added so much levity to this thriller that it was the perfect read for me.

Mandy White
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last year I read The Rival by Charlotte Duckworth and was blown away. It was definitely one of my favourite books of 2018. I was sooo happy to be approved for an advanced copy of her new book Unfollow Me - and I am happy to report that it is fantastic! I was completely drawn into the world of the mummy blogger and the fans and I just wanted to keep reading, having no idea how things were going to pan out. The story was twisty, clever and very well written and I can't recommend it enough.

Unfollow
Kylie H
A very contemporary book on the pitfalls of living your life through social media.
The book is told through three characters the first is Lily, a single mum who is dependent on a 'social media influencer' called Violet. Lily is shocked when Violet suddenly shuts down all of her social media with no explanation. Lily makes it her mission despite her own precarious position with her 3 year old to find out what happened to Violet.
Yvonne is forty and desperate to fall pregnant with her younger
Sara
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Violet Young, ‘yummy mummy vlogger’ lives a perfect life online. With her three beautiful children, a supportive husband and a huge house in London, she videos their daily lives to millions of followers. Until one day, everything stops. No social media accounts can be found, and Violet seems to have vanished completely. With reports of screaming from their family home, could the supposed perfect family be unravelling? And where is
Mark
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

It was well worth going straight from ‘the rival’ the authors 1st book onto this book, I guess the 2nd book is always a ‘will it be as good’ etc for both author and reader
Well it is!
This book revolves around Violet, a youtube influencer and what happens when she ‘disappears’ from Social Media and how 2 intense fans, ok stalkers, for very different reasons miss her and intend to find out what has ‘gone on’
Intermingled with snippets from forums where other fans discuss where she might be you can
Lou
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Ms Duckworth has done it again. I thoroughly enjoyed her debut novel, The Rival, and this time we get a techno-thriller (a thriller based heavily around technology/internet/social media), and boy is it beyond addictive. Main character Violet is a successful and revered vlogger and social media influencer who disappears suddenly. Her fans are naturally extremely concerned as all of her profiles on her favourite social media platforms have also been deleted without so much as a word. This is ...more
Jan
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, mystery
I’m on a roll, another great read!
FRTC
Sherri Thacker
I could not finish this book. I got very bored with the whole “vlogger person” Violet who millions followed and then she disappeared. I mean, really? Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this book for an honest review. Just not for me.
Lilith Black
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
E-ARC provided by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My opinions are my own and are not affected in any way.

DISCLAIMER! At the last Cons point my frustration is so high that it seems like I am trashing the author. It is NOT my intention, in any way! It's just my frustration showing it's worst and my inability to make myself and my opinion understood.

I know my review comes after more than one month since I finished the book, but I honestly don't know how to
Nicole ☠ "psychological" thrill me❗
I had this book all wrong- I was so sure that I knew exactly what was going on throughout but once I finished reading that last page I realized how completely wrong I had been. The book is told through three POVs, one being Henry, Violets husband while the other two are Lily and Yvonne, Violets devoted followers who are out searching for the truth about her disappearance. I found Unfollow Me to be twisty and unputdownable. I thought it was engaging, thought provoking and a fast read. I CNT wait ...more
Jaela
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly interesting and very fast paced. I finished it all in a couple of hours. I wanted anxiously to learn what happened. Smart choice the way the book was written, in chapters told by 3 POVs.
3,5 starts leaning towards 4. An enjoyable read. The effects of the perfect life we see on the social media... what obsession makes you do.
3.5 stars. I am usually not into books that are this heavily about motherhood, but I am VERY into thrillers that center around social media and cyberstalking, so this book was total catnip for me, despite the mommy-focus. I was totally engrossed in the story, and had to know just what had happened to Violet, as well as the secrets that Lily and Yvonne were concealing. While this didn't end up feeling like much of a thriller in the end, it was still a twisty page turner, and I loved how it shined ...more
Andrea Pole
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Unfollow Me by Charlotte Duckworth is a fascinating look at the all- encompassing, and potentially sinister, nature of social media. I was pulled in from the very first page and could not look away. This is a fabulous read.

Vlogger Violet has amassed quite a following for her YouTube videos, speaking primarily as a mother who has suffered postpartum depression. But suddenly, and without warning, Violet closes all of her social media accounts, much to the frustration of some of her most rabid
Lars (theatretenor) Skaar
I enjoyed this twisty book. I needed to know what happened to Violet and to Yvonne and Lily so there was no way I was DNFing this book! But it did take me longer than usual cause sometimes it was a little repetitive and to be honest a little confusing sometimes but it got there in the end and I was glad I read it.
Roz
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Way too addictive!
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Charlotte Duckworth and Crooked Lane Books for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

2 stars.

This was just OK. Barley. I struggled to get through it because I was just bored and so not interested by the time I got to the half way mark. Based on the sypnosis, this sounded like I would absolutely LOVE it. It sounded like the perfect book for me but unfortunately it wasn't. I found it to be creepy and not in a good way. It just reminded me how much people do
Vikki Patis
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unfollow Me is Charlotte Duckworth's second novel, and, having thoroughly enjoyed The Rival, I couldn't wait to get stuck into this one.

I thought I knew how this book would go. Unfollow Me, seems obvious right? But it was absolutely not what I was expecting. Told from the perspective of Lily and Yvonne, two women who are connected to Violet in different ways, Unfollow Me delves into why we feel the need to follow people online. Who doesn't sit on Instagram for embarrassingly long periods of
OutlawPoet
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh, my!

I’m not going to pretend that this is anything but a popcorn read, but what a popcorn read it is!

Relentlessly addictive, it’s one of those books you just can’t look away from.

Do our characters get up to some sordid stuff? Sure, but it’s not so sordid that you hate them and read it. It’s just scandalous enough that you need to see where it’s going.

This is a fun read.

Thanks to the author for writing such an entertaining story!

*ARC provided via Net Galley.

Jamie beauty_andthebook_
4.5 Stars

Social media stalkers are the new unreliable "girl/female/woman/wife" and if the books I've read in this vein so far are any indication, this is an excellent trend.

Unfollow Me brings us into the life of a mommy blogger, Violet, who disappears from YouTube and all social media mysteriously, leaving her obsessive followers desperately craving answers and behaving a bit extreme in the process. We meet Lily and Yvonne, both of whom are addicted to Violet's updates and to watching her
Emma Garland
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is definitely an eye opener into how we use and perceive social media and the negative impact it can have. It highlights how it’s so easy to idolise the ‘perfect life’ especially if ours feels bleak in comparison. It’s obsessive, dark and desperately sad in places.

The plot moves between 3 characters who’s lives all intertwine with violet young the ‘mummy influencer’ who disappears from social media overnight. It’s well written, fast paced and compelling. 4 stars from me ...
Melissa In The City
I love a social media themed psychological thriller and this book had me from page 1.
Creepy, dark, twisty and twisted! So well written especially considering all the different POVs. But it was easy to follow (no pun intended!)
Thank you Netgalley, the publisher and the author for my free ARC in exchange for my honest review.

• Little Secrets