Start by marking “Christmas on a Mission” as Want to Read:
Christmas on a Mission

Christmas on a Mission

Fitting Christmas in a shoe box has been her mission…until now.

Published November 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Christmas on a Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas on a Mission

Rebekah Morris
Nov 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: christmas
I only read 72% of the book before deciding I wasn't going to waste my time finishing it.

The writing style was good, and the snowy cabin in the Smoky Mountains sounded lovely. I was also interested in the fact that two of the guys (main character's brother and friend) were in the army. I liked that the main character was helping school children in need. Other than that, I didn't care for it.

Things I didn't like:
1. There were several euphemisms used.
2. After the 3rd swearing that could maybe hav
Jujubee
New-to-me author. Smooth and sweet writing style, perfect for anyone looking for a clean, faith-based hometown heartwarming "Jesus is the reason for the Season" romance. Solid 3.5*
Coco.V
Nov 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/25/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Fitting Christmas in a shoebox has been her mission…until now.

Audria Rylatt is the school system’s liaison for homeless students. She strives to make Christmas bright for hundreds, while the season brings only heartache after her fiancé was killed in combat nearly two years ago. So when her family decides to play matchmaker, she is less than thrilled. To make matters worse, they’ve invited a soldier friend of her deceased fiancé to the family cabin for
Joyful
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The school system’s liaison for homeless students, Audria Rylatt, strives to make Christmas bright for hundreds. The Christmas season brings only heartache for her after her fiancé was killed in combat nearly two years ago. She’s not too thrilled when her family decides to play matchmaker. They’ve invited a soldier friend of her deceased fiancé to the family cabin for the holiday. Faced with painful memories, the despair Christmas brings her, and the fear to love again, Audria is in desperate n ...more
Nancy Hammons
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, I laughed and I cried a little. It took me back to my own childhood Christmases as a Navy brat, the tree (fake) went up on December 1 and sometimes was up until the ship came back in February. I like that Audria put a lot of her energy and grief into helping the homeless children in her school district and that Resource Rotation was/is a great idea. I'm awful glad there was not the missunderstanding plot line and that Audria and Quinton stayed together.

Just last year I was lo
Claudia
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christmas is filled with joy for so many, but with grief and despair for so many others. After two years Audria was still grieving the Christmastime death of her fiance. She did her best to channel her emotions into relieving the holiday sadness for the homeless students of the community. While she was not wallowing in her grief, she was not yet prepared to move on.
Quinton Nolan was deployed with Maddox, Audria's brother. While Maddox was Quinton's boss, he was also his friend, and he saw in
Christie Litchfield
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything you want in a cozy, winter novel. Though I had to put it down a few times because of work, I would have read it in one afternoon if possible. Love these characters and their faith and love which led them to make the decisions that they do. A great reminder in this story of how we just never know how our lives will intersect with different people and how those connections can influence so many things. Also, as a Christian who has struggled with decisions in my life,love th ...more
Ellen White
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
She is out shopping on Black Friday for empty shoe boxes Still needing about 50 more, to fill with items for homeless students, for Christmas.
Going to the cabin to celebrate the new year, a family tradition, but sad memories for Sam the proposal, then the loss of Clay. That is why she works with the homeless children to help her aching heart.Sending one to her brother Maddox every month. Now he is asking for 30 of them to give to the guys under his leadership. Nothing too big, say shoebox size w
Sharon Wilharm
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started reading Christmas on a Mission in the afternoon when I had other things I needed to be doing, but once I started reading, I had a hard time putting it down. I read the whole book in a matter of hours. The characters and settings were so real. I live near Clarksville and honestly, I had no idea until the closing notes which locations were actual locations and which were fiction. I would have sworn the school was real. I'm really hoping the Mexican restaurant is so I can go eat there. It ...more
Bonnie
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really good book!

Christmas books are always at the top of my reading list, as are romances. Factor in soldiers and care packages and you've defiinitely got me. "Christmas on a Mission" was all of that, and more. I was touched by Ms. Conway's obvious love of God and her willingness to put Him front and center. I'll definitely be looking to read more of Ms. Conway's books.
Kimberly Bowie
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful Christmas story! I laughed and I cried.

How does one move on after losing someone? Audria's fiance was killed in battle. What was her brother thinking when he set her up with another soldier? Sometimes the pain is just too overwhelming to begin again, especially when choosing to date another soldier. One loss is more than Audria can bear.

*I was given a copy of this book by the author and was under no obligation to leave a review. This is my honest opinion.
Olivia Cortis
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading about Audria and Quinton’s love story it felt real and romantic. This book was about a healing heart that needs to let go of the past and move on. I liked the involvement of God and the answered prayers through out the story. A lovely story to read during Christmas or the holidays!
Caroline
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clean Christmas read

Love the characters in this sweet read that takes place leading up to Christmas. Fun and funny moments and living their lives with help from God make a story that is enjoyable and one I could identify with.
Mattie Henderson
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Hannah R. Conway but it won't be my last!

I loved this new author's storyline. I'll certainly look for other books by her. I was interested by the end of the first chapter.
Dana Michael
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so stinking cute! It has Hallmark movie written all over it. This will definitely get you in the Christmas mood. I enjoyed this novella and read it in one day.
Linda Palmer
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great Christmas or anytime book

Enjoyed this story of Audria and Quinton. Both had their pasts to move on from. I appreciated the depth of faith each of these characters displayed. It was an encouragement to me.
Susan
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart-waming story

Moving on in life after a great disappointment is something most of us can relate to. Sympathy and understanding make Christmas on a Mission a feel good book.
Dana Tipken
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good "feel good" story for cold winter nights, an afghan and hot chocolate.
Kathryn Munsell
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Wonderful characters, well developed and people you want to know. The love story is fun and very sweet. A very good book.
Staci
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Christmas story

A wonderful Christmas story that can restore love Faith and confidence in Christmas spirit of you waiver over the holidays
Brenda
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was a very good clean book with a good story line. Would highly recommend reading it.

I received a free ebook and I am voluntarily leaving my review.
Tracy Pierce
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Laughed, cried, loved it!

It’s a Hallmark Christmas movie in a book! I laughed I cried, I loved it! Maybe next Christmas Maddox will find love?!?
Rachelle
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So enjoyable & real.

Written sincerely and from the heart. Real characters who struggle with the emotion of loving again after losing a piece of themselves before.
Linda Aldridge
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. A sweet Christmas novella. I liked it
Wulfwyn
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story of healing and love. Kindness is always needed and a welcome gift.
Alicia Lowery
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Christmas story to get you in the spirit this year!
Barbara
Dec 07, 2018
Jackie McKinley
Dec 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hannah Conway is a military wife, mother of two, and speaker. Her novels are a deployment experience of their own, threaded with faith, and filled with twists and turns that are sure to thrill, and encourage. Hannah is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers, and My Book Therapy. She and her family live in Tennessee.