Start by marking “Make Bright the Arrows (Flights of the Nanshe #1)” as Want to Read:
Make Bright the Arrows (Flights of the Nanshe #1)

Make Bright the Arrows (Flights of the Nanshe #1)

"Soldiers need wars, doctors need patients, and the Nanshe needs trouble. That's just kinda how it is."

The galaxy ain't a friendly place, but it's a good sight better when you've got friends at your back. And when the crew of the Nanshe stumbles into larger-than-your-average trouble, they'll need all the help they can get.

What starts off as a simple retrieval of stolen g
Published August 3rd 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Make Bright the Arrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Bright the Arrows

Kara
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If Josh Wheden were given an opportunity to remake “Firefly” with an all-girl cast, he’d likely produce “Make Bright the Arrows (Flights of the Nanshe, Book 1)”. As it is, author Starla Huchton delivers an amazing homage to that classic SciFi series, and she narrates it herself terrifically, using multiple accents to great effect!

My favorite of her voices is that of Cynthia, the pilot, but alas, despite there being identical twins on board the SS Nanshe, this book is not lesfic, is not erotica a
Norma
( Format : Audiobook )
"Quack, quack!"
A routine, if unexpected, delivery of a package by the all female crew of the almost legitimate retrieval ship, the Nanshe, finds the named recipient dead and a young girl hiding in a cellar. She says she's fifteen but looks no older than twelve. And she is terrified. And talking in biblical phrases. Not knowing what else to do since she is obviously alone and had probably been abused, the crew take her on board and Lena, the most recent of the seven members,
Cmoore
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-2018-books
Okay... I loved this audio book so much that I gulped it down in a day... What an amazing story by Starla Huchton, who is an amazing and talented writer, as well as a damn fine voice actor...
Huchton created a memorable crew for the mercenary ship, the S.S. Nanshe. The youngest and newest member of the crew is our protagonist, Leena, and she builds a relationship with a young, scared, extra special foundling named Delilah. The book really did have a Firefly(esque) feel to it, so much so that I
Bikram
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobookboom
Disclaimer.
I had requested and received audible version of this book for free from the narrator / author, in exchange for an unbiased review.

What I liked about the book -
This book reminded me so much of Firefly that it made me nostalgic. It was very easy to get into this book. The female lead characters are sassy and strong. Their relationship with each other and interaction with the world around them is a pleasure to watch. The author has thrown them into a situation which leads to a fun advent
Kristoffer Hess
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Make Bright the Arrows for me was an exciting space western full of action, mystery and shadowy organizations. Some elements of the universe felt influenced by the show Firefly but they were flushed out and taken in a direction uniquely its own. The narration of the audiobook was performed by the author with outstanding results. I hope there are future books in the series to explore this interesting universe in more depth.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have volunta
Victoria Haugen
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting sci-fi story, all female, but actually really cool! Love the southern accent haha!

I was captivated by the story, and really enjoyed listening! Super interesting characters, great story! I am not very familiar with
"Firefly," so that part's lost on me, but I enjoyed this audiobook very much and am anxiously awaiting more in the series! If you love strong female characters, you'll love this one!

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left t
Candace Selph
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing! S.A. Huchton is definitely one of my favorite authors, and if I had read nothing else by her, this book would have put her on that list!
Mike Kafes
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Was lucky enough to get an advanced audio copy and must say that I loved it. Starla did a wonderful job with narration! The story was captivating and drew me in quickly.
Chris Lester
Jul 24, 2018
Melissa Hayden
A.F. Grappin
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huchton never disappoints, and this book was definitely up to what I've come to expect from her. The characters were fantastic, the plot had my imagination, and I cried at least once. Of course, I laughed far more than that. I gasped, I yelled... everything.

Highly recommend.
Xia
Mar 16, 2019
Kittymittens
Apr 09, 2019
Titles published as S.A. Huchton contain material only suitable for adults.
Titles published as Starla Huchton are suitable for ages 13 and up.