Start by marking “The Soul-Breaker” as Want to Read:
The Soul-Breaker

The Soul-Breaker

It wasn't murder, it wasn't rape, it wasn't torture; this crime was far, far worse.

Three women go missing without a trace. A week is enough for the psychopath known in the press as the 'The Soul-Breaker' to destroy them. By the seventh day the women are psychologically dead, like bodies without a soul. Shortly before Christmas, The Soul-Breaker strikes again, this time in
Audible Audio
Published August 23rd 2018 by Audible Studios (first published 2008)

GridGirl
As most of you know I tend to write my reviews in German whenever a book is not available in English. For this one I’ll make an exception, just because I’d need to formulate my thoughts in English for the Wheel of Fortune challenge anyway. So enjoy reading about a book you will never be able to read if you’re not fluent in German...

To be honest, I was largely underwhelmed by this. I didn’t expect too much in the first place, but the first 75% of the book just didn’t grab my attention. Kids playi
Constanze Zietz
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scary-stuff
Two hours ago I was very tired and just wanted to read a few more pages of this book before going to sleep. It is now 1am, I am wide awake and, to be honest, still a little bit shaken by the frightening story. Mr. Fitzek has done it again and scared me down to my core. Fantastic thriller with a page turning plot and an unexpected, exciting ending. And now I have to find a soothing book to calm my nerves!!!
Ivi
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it … very good indeed! :)))
Darquesse
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh. My. God. One page after a yellow paper is mentioned in the end I found the exactly copy of it with an email adress on it sticking in my book.
The book? First okay, hmm, well but then BOOM! PLOTTWIST. awesome
yolanda;
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Omg, I wasn't expecting that end AT ALL!
Patrizia
Ganz ok
Ivonne
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It is one of those books that seriously makes you think and rethink many things. There are interesting concepts that it is better to look for and detail before continuing with reading. I love how the author writes, and the translation into Spanish is very good. There you don't find a lot of mistakes.

This story will play with your mind. Master.
Ronny
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mind = blown
Oli
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all: I've never read something like this before

The idea of reading this medical file was great and I really liked
how Fitzek explains you all the hidden stuff as a professor

It was really great, but for me something was missing.
I don't know what but it just didn't feel like 5 stars to me ;)

But I definitely recommend it to everyone out there!
Sèra
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
I really liked this book! The tension was great, the story was great, and the surprising end was great. If you liked Therapy from Sebastian Fitzek then you should definitely read this book.
Maxine
Jan 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
I normally love the audible original drama, but I am afraid this one just didn't do it for me.

There were a lot of good points, there is an all star cast, it is well acted, and the narration is great. It is well produced, and as with all of their productions it is extremely well done.

On the downside, I just didn't enjoy it. I think this may have been because it was too short. I think it was over edited, and there wasn't enough of a build up from the initial meeting with the serial killer and his
Leanne Keenoo
This is a German book translated to English.
I listened to it on Audible.
Very creepy story about the ‘soul breaker’ who kills souls and leaves the physical body in a vegetative state.
The soul breaker is inside a psychiatric hospital and there has been a snow storm and others are locked in with him.
Loved the first half of the book, it was really creepy and it was more of a play than a novel with a narrator, music and lots of different ‘actors’.
But then it got really weird and I couldn’t keep u
Jill Deschuytter
Well, I at least had one thing figured out by the end of it. All the rest was a roller coaster of a surprised and I loved every minute of it. Hypnosis has always been a thing I'm a bit worried about and this story has only intensified that. Let's hope nobody ever figures out what the main villain did, it's too creepy to think long about.

Another excellent psychothriller by this author! Where have you been all my life?!
Skheft Rt
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid 4.5/5 for this thriller.
I had this book in my bookshelf for a little over a month and only now decided to read it.
This book is one of those thrillers where you're lost for half of it and starts doubting everybody for the other half. Until, of course, everything is laid down in the last few pages.
First time reading a fitzek novel and i'm definitely not disappointed! Can't wait to read more of his work.
Zinn
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm feeling generous, so I'm giving it 2/5. The characters are caricatures that don't evoke any sympathy or feelings of enthusiasm in me, the story is fantastical but begs to be believed, which in the end is impossible. The author thinks that by pointing out the flaws of the story the reader will forgive them. I do not.
Daria
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read_2017
Amazing story. The plot is very logical and surprising at the end. Incredibly terrifyng but addictive.
The only drawbacks are the brutal (too brutal) descriptions, eg.: the fight in elevator made me sick!
Lee
Meh! So so...

Another story written by S Fitzek which is muddled and had me rewinding more than once. Needs more concentration than I was willing to give it. Too convoluted with a weak story line but the narrators did a good job. A psychological thriller/Audible Original Drama.
Hannah Kaye
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Listened an audiobook on Audible.

Really enjoyed this, the cast were fantastic. My only criticism was the plot and the twists were pretty obvious but this might be because I have listened to a lot of the authors work recently! Really enjoyed the multi timeline that ran through this 😊
Raena
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this creepy story!
Cat Christy
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping read. Clever and thrilling.
Sarah Kerling
One of the most exciting thrillers I've ever read. Fitzek plays with the reader, making the novel itself the item of the plot.
Fata Morgana
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart skipped a beat on page 346 of my exemplaire 😱.
Kalya
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the twist and the story line in general - suspected almost everyone to be the enemy, but not this person! My first Fitzek and I really liked it!
Rose
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, really had me hooked. Found the end a little quick and unsatisfying but all in all a great catchy book.
Sue Le-Heup
Dec 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Did not finish
Sandra
May 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didnt like it at all...
Martina
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5*

Sebastian is just too good...I'm just gonna say that I was very happy about the last chapter. :D
Kat
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was one of the most thrilling books I have ever read! It was recommended to me by a friend of mine, and once I started reading, I was not able to put it down again. Fitzek manages to create suspense by giving the reader enough information to feel as part of the story, but doesn't give away any of the surprising elements. Through intergrating little brainteasers into the plot, the reader is compelled to experience all the mystery and try to disclose the secrets together with the main ch ...more

• Das Wesen
  • Hexenkind
  • Der Federmann (Nils Trojan, #1)
  • Die Reinheit des Todes (Julius Kern, #1)
  • Kalte Stille
  • Alles muss versteckt sein
  • Blinde Vögel (Beatrice Kaspary, #2)
  • Blinder Instinkt
  • Schnitt
  • Flammenbrut
  • Todesfrist (Maarten S. Sneijder, #1)
  • The Face of Death (Smoky Barrett, #2)
  • Das Spiel (Das Tal Season 1, #1)
  • Jung, blond, tot (Julia Durant, #1)
  • Mordsfreunde (Bodenstein & Kirchhoff, #2)
Sebastian Fitzek was born in Berlin in 1971. After going to law school and being promoted to LL.D., he decided against a juridical profession for a creative occupation in the media. After the traineeship at a private radio station he switched to the competition as head of entertainment and became chief editor later on, thereafter becoming an independent executive consultant and format developer fo ...more
“No, los errores no resultan mejores por hablar sobre ellos. Hay que actuar; por eso dejo este lugar, para prepararme.” 0 likes