Start by marking “The Soul-Breaker” as Want to Read:
The Soul-Breaker

The Soul-Breaker

It wasn't murder, it wasn't rape, it wasn't torture; this crime was far, far worse.

Three women go missing without a trace. A week is enough for the psychopath known in the press as the 'The Soul-Breaker' to destroy them. By the seventh day the women are psychologically dead, like bodies without a soul. Shortly before Christmas, The Soul-Breaker strikes again, this time in
Audible Audio
Published August 23rd 2018 by Audible Studios (first published 2008)

Start your review of The Soul-Breaker
ατζινάβωτο φέγι.
WTF,HOLY SHIT,WHERE IS MY MIND

WTF,HOLY SHIT,WHERE IS MY MIND
GridGirl
As most of you know I tend to write my reviews in German whenever a book is not available in English. For this one I’ll make an exception, just because I’d need to formulate my thoughts in English for the Wheel of Fortune challenge anyway. So enjoy reading about a book you will never be able to read if you’re not fluent in German...

To be honest, I was largely underwhelmed by this. I didn’t expect too much in the first place, but the first 75% of the book just didn’t grab my attention. Kids playi
Lisann
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O.W.L. Readathon - Arithmancy
read something outside your favorite genre

Quick summary, because the book is written in german:
A psychiatric clinic cut off from the outside world by a winter storm, disturbing reports about a man who breaks women inside, a protagonist who has lost memories of himself and his past.

This is my second Fitzek thriller, which I also read in one day.
I was excited again from the first to the last second. This time I even guessed 3 out of 5 plots, which suddenly came to min
Vavita
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr2020
I discovered one of the twists already half way but the end was a complete surprise. The best Fitzek book I have read until now
Constanze Zietz
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scary-stuff
Two hours ago I was very tired and just wanted to read a few more pages of this book before going to sleep. It is now 1am, I am wide awake and, to be honest, still a little bit shaken by the frightening story. Mr. Fitzek has done it again and scared me down to my core. Fantastic thriller with a page turning plot and an unexpected, exciting ending. And now I have to find a soothing book to calm my nerves!!!
Ivi Oltovska
Loved it … very good indeed!5 stars :)))
Ана Петровска
I would read anything this man writes. Although I had low expectations for this one, considering some negative reviews I've read about it, it actually really surprised me. All of his books are my thing for SURE!
Heshot MeDown
What can I say about Fitzek? That he is one of my favorite writers? That you read his books in one afternoon whether you want it or not?
Let me start with the fact that I did not know that he had published a new book. Imagine the look on my face, when I went to a bookstore to get a textbook for uni and saw this book out of the blue. I was so delighted, that I almost forgot the book.

One of the reasons I really like Fitzek is because I know, without even reading the back cover, that any of his  boo
yolanda;
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Omg, I wasn't expecting that end AT ALL!
Ronny
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mind = blown
Oli
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all: I've never read something like this before

The idea of reading this medical file was great and I really liked
how Fitzek explains you all the hidden stuff as a professor

It was really great, but for me something was missing.
I don't know what but it just didn't feel like 5 stars to me ;)

But I definitely recommend it to everyone out there!
Ivonne
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It is one of those books that seriously makes you think and rethink many things. There are interesting concepts that it is better to look for and detail before continuing with reading. I love how the author writes, and the translation into Spanish is very good. There you don't find a lot of mistakes.

This story will play with your mind. Master.
Darquesse
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh. My. God. One page after a yellow paper is mentioned in the end I found the exactly copy of it with an email adress on it sticking in my book.
The book? First okay, hmm, well but then BOOM! PLOTTWIST. awesome
Stella
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ending was a tiny bit expected after a long series of twists that made reading unstoppable. Moreover, the interactive post-it addition in the final chapter brings the whole novel into perspective. Would definitely recommend it for a thrill!
Patrizia
Ganz ok
Dimitar Jovanovski
Sebastian Fitzek is a German author of psychological thrillers that became pretty famous this decade around Europe.
Unfortunately, for me this one was not as good as his other book ''The Therapy''. Good idea, bad execution. Started good but soon became boring, without energy and lifeless (the ending was better). I didn't care about the characters, didn't connect with them, and that's the worst thing for a reader. His storytelling was boring (what someone did, what sound did he hear, what was tha
Zinn
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm feeling generous, so I'm giving it 2/5. The characters are caricatures that don't evoke any sympathy or feelings of enthusiasm in me, the story is fantastical but begs to be believed, which in the end is impossible. The author thinks that by pointing out the flaws of the story the reader will forgive them. I do not.
Davide Masi
This is the first novel that I read of Sebastian Fitzek. For me the author is overrated.

It's all very fast, too fast: happen all in one night
The characters are not charaterized.
There are characters that appear suddenly and other that disappears suddenly.

Some characters are unnecessary.

I don't understand how Fitzek sold 500K copies...
Sèra
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
I really liked this book! The tension was great, the story was great, and the surprising end was great. If you liked Therapy from Sebastian Fitzek then you should definitely read this book.
Maxine
Jan 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
I normally love the audible original drama, but I am afraid this one just didn't do it for me.

There were a lot of good points, there is an all star cast, it is well acted, and the narration is great. It is well produced, and as with all of their productions it is extremely well done.

On the downside, I just didn't enjoy it. I think this may have been because it was too short. I think it was over edited, and there wasn't enough of a build up from the initial meeting with the serial killer and his
Leanne Keenoo
This is a German book translated to English.
I listened to it on Audible.
Very creepy story about the ‘soul breaker’ who kills souls and leaves the physical body in a vegetative state.
The soul breaker is inside a psychiatric hospital and there has been a snow storm and others are locked in with him.
Loved the first half of the book, it was really creepy and it was more of a play than a novel with a narrator, music and lots of different ‘actors’.
But then it got really weird and I couldn’t keep u
Ranya
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid 4.5/5 for this thriller.
I had this book in my bookshelf for a little over a month and only now decided to read it.
This book is one of those thrillers where you're lost for half of it and starts doubting everybody for the other half. Until, of course, everything is laid down in the last few pages.
First time reading a fitzek novel and i'm definitely not disappointed! Can't wait to read more of his work.
Jill Deschuytter
Well, I at least had one thing figured out by the end of it. All the rest was a roller coaster of a surprised and I loved every minute of it. Hypnosis has always been a thing I'm a bit worried about and this story has only intensified that. Let's hope nobody ever figures out what the main villain did, it's too creepy to think long about.

Another excellent psychothriller by this author! Where have you been all my life?!
Voolaa P
I really don't know what to say about this... I'm perplexed. I liked it, It got my heart racing at times but it didn't quite fulfill me. I guess you get that when you figure out part of the story... Not the madness that the writer created in its entirety but parts of it that kind of made me go meh... I think I expected more!
Daria
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read_2017
Amazing story. The plot is very logical and surprising at the end. Incredibly terrifyng but addictive.
The only drawbacks are the brutal (too brutal) descriptions, eg.: the fight in elevator made me sick!
Hannah Kaye
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Listened an audiobook on Audible.

Really enjoyed this, the cast were fantastic. My only criticism was the plot and the twists were pretty obvious but this might be because I have listened to a lot of the authors work recently! Really enjoyed the multi timeline that ran through this 😊
Lee
Meh! So so...

Another story written by S Fitzek which is muddled and had me rewinding more than once. Needs more concentration than I was willing to give it. Too convoluted with a weak story line but the narrators did a good job. A psychological thriller/Audible Original Drama.
Nadine Hanne
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been my favourite book for a decade now. Thrilling and shocking with a twist - as mostly in a Fitzek - that comes unexpectedly BUT different to his other books reaches out into reality and the life of the reader.
Anna-Maria Kollia
He is the best! This is my favorite Sebastian Fitzek book from the 3 books that I have read from him so far!
A mindblowing story! A continuous thriller from the beginning until the end! No need to say more!
Sevi
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a unique experience.
I was entertained by the whole story, his classic writing method and the reversal was mind blowing.
It had the perfect amount of mystery.
I finished it in one sitting.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Αμαρόκ
  • Тајната на Алексови
  • Η γυναίκα του Ίσνταλ
  • Εβόρα
  • Todesfrist (Maarten S. Sneijder, #1)
  • Φλόγα και άνεμος
  • Abgeschlagen (Paul Herzfeld, #1)
  • Σασμός
  • Dear Child
  • Auris - Die Frequenz des Todes
Sebastian Fitzek was born in Berlin in 1971. After going to law school and being promoted to LL.D., he decided against a juridical profession for a creative occupation in the media. After the traineeship at a private radio station he switched to the competition as head of entertainment and became chief editor later on, thereafter becoming an independent executive consultant and format developer fo ...more