Start by marking “Me Myself & Him” as Want to Read:
Me Myself & Him

Me Myself & Him

Perfect for fans of Becky Albertali's Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and A. S. King's Still Life with Tornado, this story of parallel time lines cleverly explores how our choices can change and shape us--as well as the ways in which choices don't change the core of our being at all.

When Chris Schweitzer takes a hit of whippets and passes
Published July 9th 2019 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Me Myself & Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Myself & Him

Start your review of Me Myself & Him
Larry H
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I'm between 4 and 4.5 stars.

The tagline for this book says it best: "One broken nose. Two versions of the same story. Infinite possibilities."

It's the summer before college, before Chris and his two best friends, Wexler and Anna, all go their separate ways to different schools. One night, while doing a hit of whippets outside the restaurant where he works, Chris passes out face-first, breaking his nose. When his estranged father, a famous physicist in California, hears what Chris did, he demands
Kyle
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay... I really, truly enjoyed this one! This book has single-handedly gotten me out of my reading slump, and I am so, so pleased.

Many thanks go to NetGalley, Delacorte Press/Random House Children’s, and the author for the opportunity to read this ARC.

*Note: The advanced copy I received is an uncorrected proof. Therefore, my review reflects only the unfinished version of a work that has the potential to change in any, some, or no capacity.*

So, this is a story about the multiverse and parallel
Cassandra
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, reads-of-2019
This novel was the equivalent of a mid-afternoon summer joy ride with a car full of your best friends. A humorous, memorable adventure of identity, friendship, summer-lovin', and of course, the humorous highs and lows of that critical summer between high school and college. I loved this start to finish.
Aly
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
This was such an interesting way to tell a story. One event splits into 2 outcomes and from there you have 2 stories. I liked that even though they were separate, they mirrored each other and some things happened the same. Either timeline, Chris had a lot of realizations and grew up over the summer. Things changed for him with his friends, even though he didn't want them to. Chris was pretty likeable, although sometimes he could be a jerk. This was fun and moved along well.
Pam
Chris passes out after huffing and sets in motion two alternating timelines which are fun and plausible. There’s divorce, friendships, blended families, lgbtq romance, friend drama, and that dreaded feeling of loss during the last summer before going off to college. What will the future hold for Chris in either timeline? So fun!
Nicole Valentine
It’s rare when I come across a book that satiates both my love of geekdom and multifaceted characters. It’s been days since closing the last page and I still miss these people. I wish I savored the read, but I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. Tebbett’s pacing and visceral language had me tasting the pavement.
Katie
Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't make the connection that the MC (Chris Schweitzer) has the same first name as the author (Chris Tebbetts). Please?

I didn't notice until I was a chapter in. Because I'm that smart.

I kind of which I had noticed the same-first-names thing before, though. It probably would have given me a better idea of what I was in for than the cool cover and intriguing blurb did.

Me Myself & Him reaches for some intriguing ideas but is dragged down by flat characters
Morris
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My nerdy, multi-verse sort of believing self absolutely loved this book! There are three different timelines for the main character, Chris, and they do an excellent job of illustrating how even the smallest things have the potential to change everything. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a well-written, fun, and thoughtful read.

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Thamy
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley2019
I confess I was disappointed. This isn't supernatural or science fiction, it's just a story of how life can be different depending on a single fact.

Chris trips on the floor, almost breaking his nose. This is, if his mother finds out he's been tripping on whippets his last summer before college may be completely different. Narrated in alternate chapters we find out how both of his lives were, as he tries to overcome his issues with his estranged father and with his best friends, which may be a lo
Jen Ryland
Jun 29, 2019 marked it as setting-aside-for-now  ·  review of another edition
Setting this aside.

I'm really not a huge fan of multiverse stories, tbh. If the idea of a Sliding Doors style story with a male main character appeals to you, then definitely check this out!

Thanks to the publisher for providing an advance copy for review!

Jen Ryland Reviews
Camden Johnson
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This whole book felt like a cozy warm afternoon in mid-July and going out with your friends. This was a perfect summer read for me especially since I couldn't do anything because of COVID-19. I loved how it incorporated different timelines of what happened. I think this added something unique and wonderful to the story. I absolutely loved this book.
Jessica Ryan
I've had this one in my bag for quite some time, and for the first time in a long time, I had the opportunity to sit down for several hours and just read. Me Myself & Him took me just over three hours to read cover-to-cover. I can say honestly that reading this book was a great way to spend an afternoon. The idea of the novel is simple, yet unique - there are two timelines that show what happens after Chris passes out while doing whippets (yep - whippets. Hello, early 90s callback). In one versi ...more
MundiNova
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
An interesting premise, but it never really pays off.

Who wouldn't be curious about what might have happened if ... ?

I liked the back and forth between the parallel universes, but I kept waiting for something to payoff. For Chris to learn a lesson or something. But the one dimensional love interest and the unresolved issues with his dad just .... well, nothing happens at the end. There's no emotional or drama resolution. The book just ends because Chris has ran out of time. The pacing was way off
Teresa Grabs
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Me, Myself, & Him is a split timeline tale of how one decision can have dramatically different results.

After Chris does whippets and passes out at work his life could take one of two paths: he lies and stays at home for the last summer before college or he gets found out and shipped off to his father's for the last summer before college.

Each timeline is revealed in alternating chapters which would not be so bad if both storylines were equally engaging and developed, but that is not the case. B
Laurie Griesemer
I should begin by saying I am probably NOT the target audience for this Young Adult novel. I am 64 and far removed from the days between high school and college, but I can clearly remember how it felt to be that age, full of the excitement of endless possibilities for my future, and scared about which steps to take for my path forward. I was also at that time the third wheel when my best friend became an item with a close friend of ours, soon after high school graduation, and our three-way rela ...more
Cindy Huskey
3.5 Stars

This is definitely a guy read. I love me some female YA authors, but let's face it. Guys sometimes do a better job of writing guy characters. I will most certainly recommend this book to my students - guys and girls.

Chris is probably one of two characters in the book that I liked (Gina is the other one). Chris is authentic - his snarkiness, his anger, lying to his parents - sounds like a character that many teens can relate to. Several times while reading Chris's inner thoughts, I laugh
Kendall
A huge thank you to Delacorte Press and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of this book! All opinions are still very much my own

3.5 stars**

This was an absolute ride and I really enjoyed it.

The idea of bouncing back and forth between two parallel realities after face-planting on concrete while doing whippets is hilarious and oh so fun, and thankfully, really well done. While dual-timeline stories are often quite difficult for me to follow, especially when they contain shared characters, thi
Michelle Boyea
I received a free copy of this e-book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you net galley!

Truth be told, I did not like this book. I had a very hard time getting into it and I struggled to find the motivation to continue reading. The way the book was set up simply made me very not interested in it. I did not like that each chapter essentially had two chapters in it, one version for each of the two storylines that was being told.

I think the premise behind the book is great, and I love the idea
Emily Roberson
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, novel19s
Chris Tebbett's Me Myself & Him is a lovely book, all about the time between the end of high school and the beginning of college. When doing whippets with a friend after his summer job, Chris, the main character, passes out and ends up in the ER. He must decide whether to tell the truth about what happened or to lie. By using an alternate timeline, Tebbetts is able to create a wonderful tension between the Chris who stays home in Ohio, lying about how he ended up in the ER, and the Chris who tel ...more
Naomi (3starsandup)
"In terms of clothing and personal hygiene, I tend to play along at the basic membership level. I care what I look like, but at the same time, whenever I see one of those stranded-on-an-island movies, part of me thinks, Well, at least I wouldn't have to shower."

SYNOPSIS | Chris Schweitzer takes a hit of whippets outside the back of the restaurant he works at and passes out on the cement smashing his nose (essentially squirting a whipped cream can up his nose hoping for a hit of the trapped nitro
Missie
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely a new spin I wasn't expecting. The alternate, yet sometimes coincidental timelines made the book interesting, yet it also made the book disconnected for me. I was way more invested in the timeline where Chris goes to live with his dad. I enjoyed the character building in that storyline and felt like it was more developed. I was actually kinda disappointed going to the other timeline. Maybe the romance was just more my style right now.
I enjoyed the read, it was easy-going and
Clemi
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt
4/5:
Easy easy
Jamie
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes a midlist book just comes for me and surprises me and this one is it for the season. I’m not even sure why I like this as much as I do. But damn it, I really do.
Kip
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this concept, and it totally holds up as the reader follows Chris down two potential paths in a multiverse of possibilities. Having made dumb mistakes as a teen, I could totally relate to Chris and his attempts to lie, cover his ass, and blame his jerky father for his problems. But it's about more than a teen making mistakes. Great romance! Changing friendships! And just the right amount of physics added into the mix! Perfect read for teens undergoing big changes.
Emily
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads

🌟🌟🌟(3.5)
*Thank you to Netgalley, Random House Children’s, Delacorte Press, and the author for this advanced copy*

This book follows 18 year old Chris down 2 different paths after his accident while doing whippets behind work.
One path follows Chris afternoon after his mom finds out the truth about the accident and gets sent to live with his dad for the summer before college or else he can kiss college goodbye. While living with his dad, he is under strict rules of going to work for his dads lab,
Jackie
I’m really torn between a 3 and 4 star rating for this and I could insert a horrible joke about the infinite possibilities that could lead to me changing it but for now I’m just going to stick with the 3.

“Me, Myself and Him” follows Chris down two very different paths following his accident after a whippet gone wrong and in each we see how the very idea of change, be it with his social circle, his fathers upcoming wedding or his very self can be impacted by any number of decisions he encounters
Laurie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-school
Interest Level: YA

Imagine you make a stupid mistake and you have to pay a high consequence for it. Now imagine you make the same stupid mistake and you seem to get away with it. This is what is happening with Chris Schweitzer. The summer after his senior year was supposed to be the best. It was supposed to be him and his two best friends, Wexler and Anna, doing absolutely nothing but hanging out. However, Chris makes the dumb mistake of taking a hit of whippets, he passes out and face-plants int
Charlie Edgin
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
High school graduate Chris’ summer gets flipped on it’s ass, much like Chris himself, after he does whippets behind the dumpster of his job, fast food joint Smiley’s, and is hospitalized upon passing out. Chris has not one set of repercussions to deal with, however, but two, as the book splits in the two different realities Chris could have had that summer. ✌️

During his “ideal” summer, Chris is able to slip out of the truth - he tells everyone he tripped on a crate and fell at work, except for h
The Glass House Online Magazine
A Humorous Adventure of Identity and Friendship
It is the last summer before Chris leaves for college and he has so many plans with his friends. However, after taking a hit of whippets and face planting the pavement (or 'the accident' as Chris refers to it), lands him in the ER, Chris ends up going to stay with his father for the summer away from his friends... or does he?

When I sat down to read this book, I only had a little time to spare, so decided just to sample the first few chapters. A few
Beagle Lover (Avid Reader)
« previous 1 3 next »

• We Are Lost and Found
  • The Infinite Noise (The Bright Sessions #1)
  • The State of Us