Start by marking “Friction: The Untapped Force That Can Be Your Most Powerful Advantage” as Want to Read:
Friction: The Untapped Force That Can Be Your Most Powerful Advantage

Friction: The Untapped Force That Can Be Your Most Powerful Advantage

NAMED A BEST BUSINESS BOOK OF 2019 by strategy+business

Annually, $4.6 trillion of merchandise is left in abandoned e-commerce shopping carts.

Every year, the U.S. economy loses $3 trillion dollars in productivity due to excess bureaucracy.

Red tape and over-complicated licenses have contributed to China's GDP exceeding India's by $82 trillion over the span of just
Published May 9th 2019 by McGraw-Hill Education

To ask other readers questions about Friction, please sign up.
Roger Dooley Sorry for the disappointment, Jessica, and I'm glad you like my work. What "giveaway" copy are you referring to? I'm not aware of a giveaway program, …moreSorry for the disappointment, Jessica, and I'm glad you like my work. What "giveaway" copy are you referring to? I'm not aware of a giveaway program, but I'll try to help. Cheers! (less)

Start your review of Friction: The Untapped Force That Can Be Your Most Powerful Advantage
Theodore Kinni
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Roger Dooley makes a strong case that you could have a very successful business career just by focusing your attention on reducing friction for your employer and its customers and employees. A terrific, story-driven read, albeit a bit light on the how-to.
Ed Barton
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well written and well researched, Roger Dooley wrote a masterpiece of insights into consumer behavior in "Friction". One of the better business books I've read in the last few years, Dooley provides a window into the sources of intentional and unintentional friction in transactions, relationships and consumer behavior that drive our behaviors. His insights provide a collage of elements that paint a picture of friction as a liability and as an asset in designing interactions. A great read, and on ...more
Mert Ergorun
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely worth the time

A very nice read for those who are interested in marketing and behavioral aspects in business. Easy to read. However, contrary to the main idea of the book, I think the author kept it a bit long by providing too many examples. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the read and would definitely recommend it.
Daniel Dent
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paper
I have incorporated Friction into my vocabulary as a great way to convey when something is a little harder than it should be. This happens in all areas of software development and SAAS businesses so I might even overuse the idea/word. Great book!
Arnaldo Neto
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Um manifesto espetacular que nos inspira a eliminar burocracias da nossa vida e trabalho em busca dos nossos objetivos. Obrigatório!
Csimplot Simplot
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!
Jess LL
Sep 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
I never received it in the post...so I can’t review it. I’ve been waiting for a few months and now I’m not sure I’ll ever get it. :/
Abraham Tsoukalidis
Janti
Jul 14, 2020
Francis Nanawa
Dec 06, 2019

• Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork
  • Einstein: His Life and Universe
  • Leonardo da Vinci
  • She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement
  • Searching For Modern Mexico: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the New Global Economy
  • The Business of Platforms: Strategy in the Age of Digital Competition, Innovation, and Power
  • A Coast to Coast Walk
  • Baltic Dance
  • Lonely Planet Japan (Travel Guide)
  • Call To Love Meditations
  • Eliza Hamilton: The Extraordinary Life and Times of the Wife of Alexander Hamilton
  • Westering Women
  • Faithful Place (Dublin Murder Squad #3)
  • It's a Christmas Thing (The Christmas Tree Ranch, #2)
  • Highland Jewel (Royal Highlander, #2)
  • The Financier (Trilogy of Desire, #1)
  • The Green Lantern, Vol. 1: Intergalactic Lawman