Start by marking “P.S. Longer Letter Later (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #1)” as Want to Read:
P.S. Longer Letter Later (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #1)

P.S. Longer Letter Later

(Elizabeth and Tara*Starr #1)

Elizabeth and Tara*Starr are totally different. Tara*Starr wears glitter and sequins, loves to be the center of attention, and has two parents who won't grow up. Elizabeth is shy and quiet, hates being the center of attention, and lives in a house where possessions are more important than feelings.

Of course, Elizabeth and Tara*Starr are best friends.

Then Tara*Starr moves a
Published May 1st 1999 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1998)

Suzanne
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I found this book in a St Vincents De Paul Centre whilst on holidays and picked it up for my daughters. I was excited to find it was co authored by the author of my favourite childhood series, Ann M. Martin. I finally got to it a couple of years later whilst looking for a simple read. Her co author is Paula Danziger. This book is consisted of letter correspondence in the voice of two teenagers, after they are separated by one of the families moving. This is a simple premise, but the issues such ...more
Laura Harrison
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some people were just born to be children's book writers. Paula Danziger was one of those people. Danziger really "got" and cared for her child audience. It shows on every page. Not just this wonderful work but in everything she wrote for children. P.S Longer Later Letter is one of my fav Paula Danziger titles.
Alexandra
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i distinctly remember reading this when i was about 11 or 12, sitting in our flowered armchair in the living room and feeling so grown up because the subject matter of this book from two favorite childhood authors of mine was very intense and so different from amber brown and the babysitters little sister books.

i remember thinking that tara*starr was such a cool name and that she was so edgy with her ripped leggings and purple streak in her hair LOL

i read this now again as an adult because i fou
♥κДτϊε βэαη♥
Jan 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love this book because it reflects something that could happen in real life and the that no matter where you are or how far away your friends will always be there!
Britt (Geronimo Reads)
I remember reading and LOVING this book as well as the sequel when I was younger. I read them over and over again. I’m in a very nostalgic mood as I move towards my birthday and I’ve been wanting to reread my childhood favorites. It’s still such a good book and talks about a lot of very important topic for kids around their age. I think it still holds up to this day!
Kaylee Salguero
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
P.S. Longer Letter Later by Paula Danziger is probably one of the best books I have read! It was very interesting to know what would happen next and made me turn the pages. It was about these two girls that were best friends but moved away from each other and had two different lives and kept their friendship together by sending each other letters. They were helping each other with the problems that they had with their own lives. To me this book taught me and probably others that a relationship c ...more
Alexandria Villavicencio
“P.S. Longer Letter Later” by Paula Danziger & Ann M. Martin was a interesting book to read.
It really shows a bond between the two girls that have moved away from each other.
It tells me maybe a long distance friendship could last forever. Even though it was a pretty easy book, I would definitely read it again.
Kelli
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
So, I know this is a children's book. It was on my bookshelf and I had never read it before, so I just got it out of the way and read it. It took me less than 3 hours to complete it, so it was definitely a quick read. I know that I would have liked it a lot if I were younger, probably, but I'm in high school now so I didn't see it in that way, which is expected of course. :)

This book is about 2 best friends who keep in touch through letters as one of them moves away-they can't talk much through
Sydney Miller
Sep 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comfort-books
Scottsdale Public Library
Before smart phones, before widespread internet/e-mail how in the world could two best friends communicate long-distance? Why, with (handwritten) letters, of course! 12-year-old best friends Elizabeth and Tara have just been separated by forces outside of their control. Despite having completely different personalities and families, the two girls depend on one another for support through their correspondences as their lives take unexpected twists and turns. The authors, Danziger and Martin, are ...more
Shaina
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ps longer letter later by Paula danziger is about two best friends named Elizabeth and Tara-star who have known each other for a very long time. but when they hit seventh grade Tara-star has to move away due to her childish parents and they must continue their friendship through letters.

Elizabeth is shy. She loves writing poetry. She has a little sister who she always babysits and devotes most of her time to. She has an
"alcoholic father". Tara-star loves attention and wears a lot of jewelry. S
Hui Lin
Jan 15, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 10th
This is the kind of books that I think I like to read a lot. This book is written in the format of letters between two best friends, Elisabeth and Tara. Even though, they don't live in the same place now, they contact one another through letters. I feel like I am reading people's secrets, or things deep inside their heart when I read these kind of books. Because they will not lie to each other since they are best friends, and from these letters, you can really see what they are really thinking. ...more
jessica
i wasnt disappointed in this book and thats because i had absolutely no expectations. ive never heard of it before, i just wanted a decent looking book..
it was pretty similar to most other 1990s girls ya novels. the cover looks like its straight out of full house which is understandable.
three stars is reserved for books that i finished but weren't my alltime favorite. if its a two star or a one star, i had to read it for school and i didnt like it. i dont rate books i didnt finish. so this is th
Ceinwen Langley
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I can't really be objective about this book. I found it on my Mum's bookshelf last week and absolutely had to read it again. It's short and sweet and made me feel like I was twelve again. And hasn't actually dated too badly, despite the severe lack of technology (oh, late nineties!). A lovely little read for older kids and younger teens (and nostalgic twenty-something's).
Samantha
Apr 06, 2008 rated it it was ok
2 BFFs seperated, and now have to write letters to stay in touch. Calling each other is too exspensive, and one of their dads was fired from his job! That family is practically broke. An OK book, not too pleasing.
Maureen Forys
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
I liked this when I was on fourth grade, but it's pretty terrible. I think this is where I learned to elongate my vowels when I write to my friends. Ex: are you coming ooooover? Nooooow?You're the beeeeest. Could have done without that.
E
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loveddddddddddddddddd this book! It was such a good read for me
I read it multiple times. Back when I actually read books over often enough. But I would recommend this book. 11-15yr olds I think would be the perfectbtiming to read this book. But ofc you can read this if you are much older.
Karina veras
Oct 27, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about two girls Tara*Starr and Elizabeth. Tara*Starr moved away. So to keep in touch they send letters to each other. Then Elibeth's life went bannas, while Tara*Starr life was going fine.
Whitney
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I remember reading this is the fifth grade lol. I barely remember anything about it. :D
Zmira
Jun 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
This book isn't one of my favorites i don't really like the laungege they use in the books such as charents (childish parents)
Ofilya Zhu
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
I didnt really finish this book because I dont really like it... well more likely it got BORING
Berniehassan
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is really sad, but good!
Michelle R.
I loved this book! It was so good! I love books that are written inletter form. I recomend it to girls.
Kim
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Okay, we've established Ann Martin is a good author (more than 100+ books in her Baby-sitters Club series, not to mention spin-offs - Baby-sitter's Little Sister, the Mystery series of Baby-sitters Club as well as a couple of specials every now and then) but Paula Danzinger, is a revelation to me. I felt like I heard of her but I can't remember where. But. She. Writes. So. Good.

Anyway, I started reading and I just couldn't put it down. If anything can get me hooked in a story, it's when kids dea
May Regan
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The way this book's dialogue is written it honestly so refreshing - I love when co-written books turn out to be the authors just sending their chapters back and forth because it makes the plot twists so much more real and funny.

Half of my thoughts while reading this book were just me stopping at the plot twists and thinking to myself; wow, I wonder how loudly Ann M. Martin gasped when she read that.
Bryanna
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: would-read-again
This was one of my favorite books growing up! I still have the copy my mom got for me (I think in 1998? That's the print date on the edition I have anyway). It's well worn and you can clearly see how much I loved to read this. I think Tara*Starr was part of the reason I like the punk look and was punk all throughout middle and high school.

I plan to reread this once I get through my monstrous pile of books I have not read yet. Or when I want some light reading.
Jackie
Two best friends, Tara*Starr and Elilzabeth try their best to remain the best of friends when Tara*Starr and her family move away. Lots of family issues arise and even though their communication is virtually through snail mail, they support each other through good times and bad.

Written in 1998, kids today won't relate to snail mail communication...I can just hear it now, why don't they just text, video chat, or use their cell phones. Yikes!
Lauren
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as a child/teenager (somewhere inbetween anyway) and picking it up and reading it again at 28 this time around didn't change my mind about it. I bought this book as this was a story that had stayed in my mind for years and I couldn't wait to reread it. I love books that as a kid you enjoy but then you get a whole new perspective when you read them as an adult. Really enjoyed it and took me back to childhood memories, felt good to delve into a book so carefree.
Elise
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone, mainly MG fans
P.S. Longer Letter Later is a fun, quirky, charmingly retro ode to friendship. Written completely in letters, it's a quick read with enough depth for all ages. Great character voices--I really felt like I got to know both girls.
Allison
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reread this for the millionth time. Loved it just as much as I did when I was little. Feels like an old friend💜
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
FIRST ENTRY - WHY I CHOSE THIS BOOK 4 13 Nov 28, 2012 01:16PM

• A Million Miles from Boston
  • Calli Be Gold
  • Amelia Writes Again (Amelia's Notebooks, #2)
  • The Naming of Tishkin Silk
  • The No. 1 Car Spotter (No. 1 Car Spotter, #1)
  • Class Clown (Class Clown, #1)
  • The E.L. Konigsburg Collection
  • Emily's Fortune
  • 1001 Cranes
  • Jessi and the Jewel Thieves (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #8)
  • Finding Danny
  • Mixed Messages (Mackenzie Blue, #4)
  • The Junkyard Dog
  • Knit Two Together (Chicks with Sticks, #2)
  • The Dancing Pancake
  • Mable Riley: A Reliable Record of Humdrum, Peril, and Romance
  • Just Grace and the Double Surprise (Just Grace, #7)
Born in Washington, D.C., and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate My Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.

Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abi

Elizabeth and Tara*Starr (2 books)
  • Snail Mail, No More (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #2)