Start by marking “Kincaid (Cerberus MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kincaid (Cerberus MC, #1)

Kincaid

(Cerberus MC #1)

Hero complex?
Possessive?
Not afraid to speak my mind?

Check, check, and check.

I'm also President of the Cerberus MC, a former Marine, and easy on the eyes with arms made to hold a woman tight. I'm the whole package.

I'm not conceited; I'm convinced, and Emmalyn Mikaelson doesn't have a clue what she's gotten herself into by jumping on the back of my bike. Special Forces.
Published (first published February 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Kincaid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kincaid

Start your review of Kincaid (Cerberus MC, #1)
Erth
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so proud of myself for all of the new authors that I have been reading this year! It has been fun to explore new authors such as Marie James.

I have read a fair amount of MC romance, and I would say Kincaid falls more on the less dark side. However, that doesn’t mean that there are not hard topics discussed and experienced in this book because there definitely are some hard topics brought up. I loved this book because it was more romantic suspense than dark since all of the men were ex-milit
Erin
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, mc-awesomeness
So this is one of those MC reads that is "light & easy". I put that in quotes because it's as light and easy as you can get with a MC book and it still be a MC book. Make sense? It does in my head. I felt that the story was maybe a little underdeveloped in the beginning; some things being glossed over or shoved under the rug. I was even a little confused at first. There were things that were unrealistic at times - I hate saying that becomes I don't need complete realism but sometimes things are ...more
✿kawehi.reviews
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

This is my first Marie James but certainly not my last. *Thinks to self: Perhaps I should think about investing in Love Me Like That after all.*

Kincaid, was easy to read, easy to get into, and much more subtle than many MC reads I've been coming across these days. What stood out to me was that it was not over the top and ridiculous, which I feel many of its predecessors tend to dalliance way too much into. I
Katie
Dec 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, bikers
DNF at 45%. The heroine in this story is saved from an extremely abusive husband by a biker and the second she gets to the clubhouse, it's like she was never abused. Pining for a biker she just met and getting jealous upon seeing him around other women a few days after meeting him is just absurd. I'm fine with reading about abused heroines, but this book did not handle said abuse in a realistic way, at all. I'm tapping out .
Coco.V
Apr 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/6/2018)!💝

Blurb:
I am Emmalyn Mikaelson.

My husband, in a rage, hit me in front of the wrong person. Diego, or Kincaid to most, beat the hell out of him for it. I left with Diego anyway. Even though he could turn on me just like my husband did, I knew I had a better chance of survival with Diego. That was until I realized Kincaid could hurt me so much worse than my husband ever could. Physical pain pales in comparison to troubles of the heart.

I am Diego “Kincaid” Anderson.
Beneath The Covers Blog
What first attracted me to Kincaid was the cover, not going to deny it! I mean, COME ON!...Matthew Hosea is just, WOW! But as I dove into the story, I was instantly intrigued. Danger, mystery, violence, and a "damsel in distress" will get anyone's attention!

Emmalyn Mikaelson needed an escape. Having endured physical abuse from her husband for years, she was left with only two choices: finding the courage and strength to leave on her own, or in a body bag. And the latter was looking like the only
Amanda Steward
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

My only issue is I wish I had read this sooner. I purchased this book in June of 2018 and it was amazing. Love me some Diego. Emmalynn was an awesome heroine also. And can I just say Matthew Hosea on the cover made it even MORE PERFECT!! Can’t wait to read more from Mrs James.
Shanda
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kincaid opens with Emmalyn suffering abuse at the hands of her husband. She meets Diego “Kincaid” Anderson when he arrives at the bar she waitresses at. Emmalyn is intrigued by Kincaid but she frequently is blamed by her husband for the attention she gets from the patrons and is skittish. Kincaid can tell what is going on with her so he leaves her alone. But the husband is so pathetic he makes his move to hit her and Kincaid steps in. And so the story goes, Emmalyn runs off with Kincaid
BushAll&APeck
Other Woman Drama!

Way too much other woman drama for me. If I were the heroine I would have quit on this guy a long time ago. I will try the next book to see if it is better before giving up on the whole series.
Aղցela W.
Review Coming
Harlow James
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I clicked this book for free and it was my first MC book I've ever read and it did NOT disappoint. Although Emmalyn got a little dramatic at times, I sympathized with her given her history. But Kincaid was everything you'd want in a man: protective, compassionate, heroic, strong, and sexy. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and plan on continuing the series!
Carmen Rae
Mar 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Reflections of a Book Geek
4.5 Stars

The cover is what first brought my attention to this book but when I read the synopsis I knew it was for me. This story sucked me right in from the very beginning and I have to say I loved the characters.

Kincaid was a great hero, he rode in to save Emmalyn from her abusive ba$tard of a husband and gave her the protection of his MC. There were a few times he made me so mad but other times he made me fall in love with his character so hard. Kincaid understood that he couldn’t rush Emmy an
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I absolutely loved this story of Kincaid (Diego) a super alpha, protective, but caring and sweet "..big, bad*ss biker, former Marine" who finds himself "getting lost in the blue eyes of a woman in a bar"

"I have to remind myself to mind my own business. I can’t save every woman. Hell, I couldn’t save the one I loved from birth, and certainly I can’t save someone who has no will to save themselves."

Emmalyn is trying to survive in an abusive marriage. She has lost all connection with any friends an
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“His intentions are as obvious as the bat signal flashing across the skies of Gotham City…”

“This man is intoxicating, and my senses go berserk when I’m touching him, almost as if I short-circuit when he’s near.”

“Freedom. A simple word so many people take for granted. Seven letters, that to someone who never had theirs threatened, mean absolutely nothing.”

My Review:

Kincaid is not who or what he seems. He looks like a muscled up and heavily tattooed biker. And - he is - but that is
Michelle
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A beta reader Review pre-edit

Marie James's new Cerberus MC series #1 Kincaid is a very well written gripping read.

Emmalyn is a beautiful woman but is trapped in a very abusive marriage and sees no way out other than the day her Husband finally kills her.

Kincaid (who we have met briefly in The Hales Series) is a hot good looking sexy alpha male ~ President of the MC along with the other members (Brothers) all drool worthy ex Marines.

Kincaid and Em are connected from the first look into each other
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool*
I started out liking the heroine but didn't like her soo much mid way into the book. She started to bug me with her always running when situations got tough, I understand seeing ow in Hero's bed would upset any normal human but it happened 2-3 times and it was clear the ow was doing it to bug the Heroine. The Hero was always the one apologizing, it was as though she could do no wrong.

The Hero was great! Really possessive and clearly in love with the heroine.

I read this after reading the 2nd boo
Delta
MC Romance

Free 06-27-18 at Apple iBooks, Amazon, and B&N
Gale Albright
I enjoyed the first book in the Cerberus MC series. Diego and Emmalynn are sweet and full of passion. I liked that he was a true hero that saved our girl.
Amy
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kincaid (Cerberus MC 1)
Marie James

Emmalyn Mikaelson works at Drifters Bar because her abusive husband Robert likes the money it puts in her pocket. However working under his watch she knows no matter what she does in the end it will result in a beating. How bad ... that's always different. Her latest beating that has left her wearing hidden bandages was because he found the money she was hiding from him. Her last hope to get out and get away. The three bikers that have been coming into
Ana Rita
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The amazing Author Marie James give me the opportunity to become a beta reader for this amazing book: Kincaid: Cerberus MC and i'm so happy to take it.
Life isn't always fair, but sometimes we can get a good thing out of the bad stuff.
But will it be possible to fall in love again after suffer years of abuse?
Can we found our happy ending? Or will your dark past compromise your bright future?
This is the story of Emmalyn, a beautiful girl that suffer abuse, for years from her husband.
Emmalyn lives i
Renee Entress
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, abuse, pouting, and heartbreak.

This is Emmalyn and Kincaid’s story. Kincaid is part of a MC but it is not your typical MC as it consists of a bunch of ex-military guys. They get contracted from the government to do rescue jobs. When Kincaid the president of the MC sees Emmalyn getting hit from her husband he steps in a rescues her. He takes her to his MC and puts her under his protection. Only problem is Emmalyn is broken fro
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

So I fell in love with Marie James with her Hale series, and that was where we met Diego first. No you don't really need to read the Hale series first BUT it would be smart to do so.

Diego is the president of an MC, and while in Colorado he spots Emmalyn and decides to come to her rescue. Emmalyn has had a crap life, and is just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Through a series of some funny and some not so funny events Emmalyn and Diego manage to come toge
Sue
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why did I wait so long to read this book?? I love biker romances and this one, while it had a lot of the same elements as most of the others I have read, also had a lot of sweet and goodness mixed in with the ugly.
An MC made up of ex-military men who fight for what's right and rescue those in peril sounds like a good thing (although I wasn't a fan of the club whore situation) and with the exception of a few small issues and a heroine who could be a bit too wishy-washy at times, I really enjoyed
Brandi
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just the perfect mix of hot sexy alpha male with sweet protector. Not your typical MC but ticks all the boxes!! MC with a Military twist. Not yet been disappointed by Marie James!! This is no different.
Kelly Emery
Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog!
--> https://www.goodreads.com/beneaththec...
Sheena
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a MC/ex Military themed romance with some dark elements... Emmalyn is in an abusive marriage with no hope of escape until Diego 'Kincaid' Anderson, President of the Cerebus MC, arrives like a latter day knight in tatted armour to save the day...ably assisted by his awesome band of brothers...

Told from the perspective of the two protagonists this is a fast paced, thrilling read with plenty of bad ass, dirty talking guys and some steamy moments for good measure.. I am a sucker for bikers a
Kristi McChurin
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If my knight in shining armor is a tattooed, hot as hell biker, sign me up! This book kept me hooked through out the story.
The story of Kincaid and Emmalyn is soo good. It has everything you could want in a storyline. Sexy alpha males, "damsels" in distress, sex, loyalty, a little danger, but most of a a clubhouse full of sexy as sin bikers.
You get a front row seat to the lengths that Kincaid goes through to keep his lady safe. Plus, you get a glimpse of the other men in this series (yes, I hav
K.M. Lowe
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good!

This was the first book that I've read by this author, and it was the first MC novel I've read in a long time. However, I really enjoyed the different take on a motorcycle club. I love the bikers in the story, they were all relevant to the story. If you like MC novels then I'd recommend this one, I look forward to reading book 2. Kid shows a promising start in Kincaids book.
Tammy Rolle
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Biker Special Forces

What do you do when your stint as a bad ads marine is over? You become the credit of a bad ads bike special forces club. When Kincaid steps in to protect a pretty little waitress from an abusive spouse, he comes to realize he wants more in his life. Ensign jumps at the chance to get away from the he'll she's had to endure when the larger than life biker offers to take her away. What's next? Can they find their way past their pasta to make a life with each other? What's next f

• Wreck & Ruin (Blue Angels Motorcycle Club #1)
  • Shaker (Blackwings MC, #5)
  • Ryder (Outlaw Souls, #1)
  • Copper (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #1)
  • Judge (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #2)
  • Betting on Forever (Battle Born MC #1)
  • The Devil's Angels MC - Gunner (The Devil's Angels MC, #1)
  • Batta (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs Book 4)
  • Guts & Glory: Brick (In the Shadows Security, #6)
  • Vex (The Devil's Angels MC #4)
  • Overhaul (Boneyard Brotherhood MC, #1)
  • Carbon (Blackwings MC, #4)
  • Brood (Hell's Riders Rhino Chapter Book 1)
  • Pooh (The Devil's Angels MC #3)
  • Washed In Blood (Heaven's Guardians MC, #1)
  • Dash (Blackwings MC #1)
  • Reckless (Black Thorns MC, #1)
  • Axel (The Devil's Angels MC #2)

Last Release:
Tug: Cerberus MC Book 10

Next Release: Scooter: Cerberus MC Book 11

Marie James is a mother of two boys and wife of 15 years. She's spent most of her life lifetime living in central Texas, with only short stays in South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida. Her passions include reading everything under the sun and sewing, although she doesn't ge

Cerberus MC (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Kid (Cerberus MC, #2)
  • Shadow (Cerberus MC #3)
  • Dominic (Cerberus MC, #4)
  • Snatch (Cerberus MC, #5)
  • Lawson (Cerberus 2.0 #1)
  • Hound (Cerberus MC #7; Cerberus MC 2.0 Second Generation #2)
  • Griffin (Cerberus MC #8)
  • Samson (Cerberus MC #9)
  • Tug (Cerberus MC #10)
  • Scooter (Cerberus MC #11)