Start by marking “Crashing Upwards” as Want to Read:
Crashing Upwards

Crashing Upwards

2019 Lambda Gay Romance Winner!

Harper Jones is a professional bike courier, and in his business if you don’t ride fast, you don’t make money. His apartment has mice, he’s barely able to scrape up the rent, but at least he’s living life on his terms and doesn’t depend on anyone.

Sam Foster is the gay son of a wealthy conservative senator. He’s noticed Harper before when he’s
Published October 2nd 2018 by Wynne Wynne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Crashing Upwards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crashing Upwards

Start your review of Crashing Upwards
Debra
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet, opposites attract romance.

Sam is the son of a well-to-do conservative politician. He has led a privileged life, works for his father, but the good in people and devotes a lot of his time to doing charity work. He doesn't agree with his father, but has been playing the part of the dutiful son, keeping his sexuality a secret so as not to put-off dad's biggest donors. He's tried to address it with dear old dad, but really hasn't had a reason to push. Not until he hits Harper with
Susan
Jun 06, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 32%

The dialogue feels strange and simplistic. Also, nothing actually happens. Now I’m all for some good hurt/comfort, but this just felt off to me.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is a light, fluffy romance with no angst and some drama but a heartwarming ending. The pacing was sort of slow with a lot of repetitive back and forth over Sam’s money. The dad was unlikeable but not a villain, keeping the story on a realistic level. A nice, uncomplicated story worth reading.
Nikki
Jun 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Manfred
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I noticed this story after it received a Lambda award and the blurb sounded nice, it was on KU here in Germany, so I decided to give it a try and I was not disappointed.
Harper is a bike courier, who hardly makes enough money for a living, Sam is the son of a conservative Senator, so of course he's loaded...
When Harper is run over by Sam's car and needs to go to hospital, Sam takes care of him, even moving in to support Harper after the hospital stay.
Even though they are from completely different
Ricardo
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Pretty average story. Nothing terribly wrong with it but also nothing really exceptional or memorable
Jess
Light
4.25 / 5 Stars

I really enjoy this author's stories, different but always showing the love.

Sam and Harper have great chemistry, which is the opening for a slow-burn romance, but a few obstacles between them: Harpers's distrust, Sam's meddlesome father, insecurities and doubts all over the place and a couple of misunderstandings. Either way, I liked both of them and felt especially more for Harper due to his issues.

The story is quick, sweet and low-angst, heart-warming with some very sweet
Escape_in_a_Book
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is a very easy and fast read. I feel like the premise had so much potential which unfortunately the body of pages did not live up to. There is little to no character development. The world this plays out in felt very flat and one dimensional. At times I felt like I was reading an early draft of a still being worked on novel.
Arshad Ahsanuddin
3.5 Stars. Very nice romance, well executed.
Jeanine Beaulieu
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never turn down a gift

A great love story is this book ,the truth shall always come out,,,I believe the couple in this book found out the easy way.The author has written a great book
Joscelyn Smith
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crashing into love

I'm not gonna lie, Sam had to grow on me. He was just so damn pushy but that turned out to be just what Harper needed and I did enjoy seeing Sam break down Harper's walls. All in all a very enjoyable read.
Joelle
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Joelle by: SH-Book Published in October
What a fun ride...

I knew from the minute I read the blurb that this would be a great book. I liked Sam right away. He was a stand up guy and really sweet in his desire to help Harper. His dad, on the other hand, was awful. I seriously wanted to punch him in the face when he came into Harper's hospital room. That feeling got worst when I saw what a jerk he was to Sam.

I really liked the premise of this book. I liked Harper's independent nature and though I hated how he kept pushing Sam away, I
Tena
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story grabs your attention with the first line. Even though it's not what one might expect as the opening line for a romance novel, it absolutely hooked me and set the pace for the whole story. There’s an intense vibe that kept me turning the pages and made me not want to put it down. Immediately, we find out that Sam has just hit Harper, a bike messenger, with his car, sending him to the hospital. Sam feels horrible about this and readily accepts responsibility, offering to pay for ...more
JenCW
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

Sam is the son of a conservative politician. He accidentally hits Harper with his car one day and feels the need to take care of him as he heals up from his injuries. Sam has had a crush on Harper since he saw Harper deliver packages to his father's office, but they didn't met until the accident.

Harper has been alone a long time and has serious trust issues. He also doesn't want to be beholden to Sam or take his money, but has no choice now that he can't work. Sam's genuineness and
Rachelle
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet book that makes you feel all warm and cozy inside.

This is a story of two very opposite men, fighting their way through life and finding love, even against the odds. Sam is the kind of man that always tries to do the right thing, and when he accidentally runs over his "crush from afar", well there's only one thing left to do...nurse him back to health. However, Harper has been very independent since he was a teen, he's had no other choice. So can Harper accept someone constantly
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When a son of a politician accidently hits a bike messager, he decides to help the gorgeous man, who he has been crushing on for months, heal up. Against his father's wishes, Sam forges a connection with Harper. But what happens when their relationship hurts his dad's career and rumors threaten the love they have found?
I love how Sam and Harper are opposites attracting, find love regardless of obsticles. The story is entertaining with likeable characters that deserve a happily ever after.

I
Renee
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sam is a closeted senator’s son. When he accidentally hits the bike messenger he’s been crushing on from afar, he is compelled to help him out. Harper is barely getting by and a downtime to heal would wipe him out. He reluctantly accepts Sam’s help.

Sweet and sexy mm romance. While Sam’s point of view is definitely shaded by privilege, he is endearing and not overbearing. Harper is proud and doesn’t take advantage of Sam’s generosity. I liked the realistic portrayal of the upper class vs the
Katie Townsend
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crashing upwards was such a wonderful story I loved it so much

Harper and Sam stole my heart from the moment I met them

I felt everything these guys were going through their ups downs laughter tears intensity heartbreaking moments and heartwarming moments

I was so excited to see what was going to happen from one chapter to the next Harper and Sam journey was incredible moving beautiful and powerful i loved every minute
Dixiecowgirl
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sam and Harper are awesome!

Sweet, steamy, honest, intense and interesting! This is a fun read with lots of great interactions as these two very different men learn to share space and then themselves.

I loved the way that they learned about each other and their vastly different lifestyles. I loved Sam's openness and innate goodness and i loved Harper's courage. Together these guys will renew your faith in love, honesty and having each others' back.
kathleen
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There's a reason I am such a fan of S.C. Wynne. Her stories always pull me in. I really enjoyed Crashing Upwards. This is a great opposites attract love story. Sam and Harper are sweet and sexy together.

Shelby
Apr 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @11%.

Mediocre writing and alternating POVs that have no distinct voice. And I'm already sick of Sam saying his daddy will pay for it.
Meredith
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
loved it the way the two came together and fell in love
Zane Kage
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5
LucyMarie
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet, Quick, Easy Read

Another romance that gives me happy shivers. I am going to assume (uh oh) that anyone reading this has amazon/other reviews to get plot.

I was befuddled by the accident that brings these two together (darn it, there is a joke to be made there, but darned if I got one. hey, feel free to show me what I missed, thanks!). I got the stitches were the dissolving kind. But NO doctor follow up after ER visit and Harper being in such bad shape. I felt as though the recovery was
Faye Kennedy
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
An opposites attract story

3.5 stars. An okay opposites attract story.
The start of this had me mad at Sam's father for his treatment of his son the way he did. Sam's character doesn't give up when he knows what he wants and thats Harper. He needs to deal with his father and has finally woken up to whats been happening.
Harper is proud of who he is and doesn't like accepting help. His life has not been easy so far (understatement) and it's not over yet with drama. I thought the injuries where
Kagetsuya
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
The story was attractive but the characters in my opinion needed more depth, Sam was so sweet, an angel. He deserves be loved by someone that appreciate all the things that he does and the way that he is.
Harper is an asshole, because I was waiting to read at least an apology ... but It doesn’t happen, yeah I now that he tries to solve all his problems by himself but he never accepted that he could made mistakes and apologize in a proper manner to Sam.
Esther Alayeto
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick, cute and sweet story. Sam and Harper are great character with lots of chemistry which gives way to a slow burn romance in the story. A heartwarming story where the characters have some obstacles to overcome in order to get there happy ending. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Sharna Morris
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story about two men from completely different worlds and social circles. The strength and trust they gained from one another was wonderful to watch how it would come together. Harper and Sam had a lot to deal with, so this book made me happy to keep reading to find out what happens. A thoroughly enjoyable read ...more
W.S. Long
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cutesy love story

This is a cute story of Harper and Sam. An accident brings their worlds together. Their goals and differences almost wedge them apart. But in the end, the feelings they have for each other keep drawing them closer despite conflict, family pressures, and their own self-doubts.

• Something About Jace (Pineapple Grove #1)
  • Tallowwood
  • Broken Silence (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • The Coincidence
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Resonance (Rhythm of Love #2)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)
  • Imitation of Life (Rock Bottom #2)
  • Any Given Lifetime
  • What Lies Beneath (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • How to Run with the Wolves (Howl at the Moon #5)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Kiss Me Again
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
S.C. Wynne started writing m/m in 2013. She's the 2018 Lambda Award winner for Gay Romance with her book Crashing Upwards. She loves writing m/m and her characters are usually a little jaded, funny and ultimately redeemed through love.
S.C loves red wine, margaritas and Seven and Seven’s. Yes, apparently S.C. Wynne is incredibly thirsty. S.C. Wynne loves the rain and should really live in Seattle