Start by marking “Mere Fundamentalism: The Apostles' Creed and the Romance of Orthodoxy” as Want to Read:
Mere Fundamentalism: The Apostles' Creed and the Romance of Orthodoxy

Mere Fundamentalism: The Apostles' Creed and the Romance of Orthodoxy

"There is a broad way that seems right to man but which leads to death and destruction, so also there is a narrow way that opens up into unbelievable glories. This is the romance of orthodoxy."

In this book, Douglas Wilson combines G.K. Chesterton-like prose with the Apostles' Creed, and explains such doctrines as the Trinity, creation, fall, salvation, Scripture, and the
Published October 2nd 2018 by Canon Press

To ask other readers questions about Mere Fundamentalism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mere Fundamentalism

Start your review of Mere Fundamentalism: The Apostles' Creed and the Romance of Orthodoxy
Kyle Grindberg
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, especially valuable for the section on God's transcendence and revelation at the beginning, as well as the section on epistemology, and the short section on hell.
Ben Zornes
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: apologetics, theology

I had the privilege of reading this book for CanonPress' audiobook version, and then read it again with the elders of my church. Both times through I was thoroughly blessed, edified, and enlightened as to how to rightly hold fast to the apostolic faith. In Pastor Wilson's own words, "Held the right way, narrow truths create the broadest of hearts."

Wilson aims to show how fidelity to the Apostles' teaching, provides the basis for true Christian fellowship across denominational lines. In essence,

Valerie Kyriosity
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The word fundamentalism doesn't have to be an ugly one. This little book covers some of the basic Christian doctrines in an unugly way. I especially liked the chapters on the church and final things—bolstered my love of the saints and my trust about the future. I'd have more quotes, but some activities, like scribbling commonplaces and shredding chicken, just don't go together. Here are a few I did manage to catch:

"When we look along the history of the church, seeing the end result by viewing it
Jonah
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fine read.
David Bruyn
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insightful

The ghost of C. S. Lewis haunts the pages. Except the postmillennial ones. Or the theonomic ones. The haunted pages are great.
Jeremy
Oct 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
Promo here.
Josh Dockter
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun little book with a refreshing take on some of the core doctrines of the Christian faith. Don't let the title deceive you-no, not that kind of fundamentalism:)
Dan Wann
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Particularly the last few chapters show the biblical and philosophical underpinnings of a view of eternity that echos Lewis at his best. Wilson is always a quick wit and turns a phrase that makes the turning of a page seldom without a chuckle.
john atkins
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Challenge what do we believe

It tackles the real questions that so many today would hide away the reality creation of heaven and hell but most importantly the vast love of God and our faith
Jonathan Roberts
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2019
As with all books by Doug Wilson this book was awesome! I am currently studying the Apostle’s Creed and this book set a high standard. His summary of the Apostle’s Creed for the penultimate chapter was worth the price of the book by itself! Highly recommended
Michael
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: theology, systematics
Excellent.
Douglas Gates
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I think Wilson is becoming a better writer. Or I'm becoming a better reader. Or both. Wouldn't that be swell.
Nathan
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(Audiobook)
Sang Woo Park
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Defending the groundwork of the orthodox Christian faith with rigor and vitality.
Scott White
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
He starts out with a history lesson of the word fundamentalism. Today it’s associated with hardcore taliban and incense burning Buddhist and Bible Belt church goers that condemn coed roller skating.
In the 20’s a nationwide publication was circulated that listed the fundamentals of the Christian life. The liberals even back then took it and have twisted it to be a negative thing.
The author went into an apologetic lesson on some of those fundamentals. Creation. One God. Trinity. Sufficiency of
Jeremiah
Justin Matthews
May 09, 2019
Dion
Jul 26, 2019

• The Household and the War for the Cosmos: Recovering a Christian Vision for the Family
  • You Who? Why You Matter and How to Deal With It
  • The Theopolitan Vision
  • TNTC Colossians & Philemon: An Introduction and Survey (Tyndale New Testament Commentaries)
  • Blood-Bought World
  • A Peculiar Glory: How the Christian Scriptures Reveal Their Complete Truthfulness
  • The Weight of Glory
  • From Silence to Song: The Davidic Liturgical Revolution
  • Man of the House
  • Holiness
  • From Social Justice To Household Economics
  • A Different Shade of Green: A Biblical Approach to Environmentalism and the Dominion Mandate
  • Strays
  • Learning Contentment
  • The Seven Laws of Teaching
  • The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh, #1-4)
  • Ruth Through New Eyes: Under His Wings
  • 나 혼자만 레벨 업 2 [Solo Leveling] Novel
I write in order to make the little voices in my head go away. Thus far it hasn't worked.