Start by marking “I Hear the Sunspot” as Want to Read:
I Hear the Sunspot

I Hear the Sunspot

(ひだまりが聴こえる #1)

Student Taichi braucht dringend einen gut bezahlten Nebenjob! Er trifft Kohei, der im Gegensatz zu ihm anscheinend alles hat. Doch eines hat Kohei nicht – den leichten Zugang zu seinen Mitmenschen! Seit der Mittelschule leidet er an Schwerhörigkeit, die ihn immer mehr isoliert. Kann ihn der quirlige Taichi aus seinem Schneckenhaus herauslocken?
Published October 2nd 2018 by Carlsen Manga (first published October 23rd 2014)

Whitney Atkinson
This book was so cute yet meaningful! It has that friendship/relationship dynamic where one person is goofy and loud and the other person is reserved and cynical, so I loved seeing the two main characters interact. I also like that it was a story of budding friendship in which Taichi was sort of an advocate for Kohei and people who romanticized his deafness.

I'm requesting my library buy the rest of this series because I can't wait to see where the story goes.
Raeleen Lemay
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was so tender and sweet and NICE
Jananie (thisstoryaintover)
THAT WAS SO WHOLESOME OMG. my fave new couple <3
David Schaafsma
I Hear the Sunspot is a one volume manga about Kohei, a hearing impaired guy who gets a note-taker to help him in his classwork. Kohei in exchange gives the note-taker, Taichi, lunch every day, which as it turns out Taichi actually needs.

Kohei is an inner-focused guy, pretty somber, and because of his hearing not very connected with campus life, and Taichi is gregarious and outspoken. This is a story in part about raising consciousness about people with disabilities all around us, but it is far
Kate
5/5stars

I LOVED THIS? LIKE WOW COULD I HAVE PICKED A MORE PERFECT MANGA TO TRY OUT?? this has LGBT rep, deaf rep, so much explanation of the deaf community, and just UGH THIS WAS SO PERFECT.

Also, while I'm NOT apart of the deaf community (i do know sign language and know a lot about it but I'm not apart of it) I have never in my life seen portrayal of tinnitus which I do have chronic tinnitus - which, ya know that ringing you sometimes get in your ears? I get that several times a day, and while
Carlos Peguer
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
this comic gave me my gay rights
Julie
I loved this!! It's so cute and precious and it made me tear up :') I'm so happy.
Erica &#x1f4da;♋️✨&#x1f338;
OMG THIS WAS SO CUTE I LOVED IT ❤🎉💕 ...more
Stewart Tame
Kohei has a hearing disability, and uses it as an excuse to withdraw from others, until he meets cheerful, outgoing Taichi. They soon strike up a friendship. Or is it something more?

Although this is a Boys Love title, the BL content is fairly mild. In her afterword, Fumino gives the impression that she had initially left that aspect of the story out until her editor reminded her. As it is, it's mild and almost ambiguous enough that I could believe someone could read this story without picking up
E.
3,5 🌟

That was so cute! Also, Kouhei falling for the first guy who was nice to him... What a disaster gay!!!
Flor
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Can I get a hug?
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

Actual rating: 4.5 Stars

This was highly recommended to me by a few friends so I finally decided to pick it up and give it a read! I really enjoyed it, but I can't believe this was original meant to be a oneshot manga...by the time I got to the end I was like...I need more?
Lauren
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Halley Hopson
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

Yes I am at Kate’s house and reading all of her manga 💁🏻♀
Sophie
There's quite a buzz surrounding this title at the moment, and rightly so if you ask me. It's a lovely story about two university students: one of them is hard of hearing and has been isolating himself from his surroundings, the other is loud and outgoing and pulls the other out of his self-imposed solitude.

It's very pure and chaste, but heart-warming as the sunspot in the title suggests. And there even is a small baseball scene! It was a really lovely manga, maybe not world-changing but the ki
Melissa See
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, important, and welcome. Cannot wait for volume 2!
Shan( Shans_Shelves) &#x1f49c;
Wow I didn’t know my kindle adds everything to goodreads whenever I finish, it’s true what they say you learn something new everyday.

Anyways a short review.

This was a sweet manga that I enjoyed. The story follows a boy named Taichi who agrees to be a note taker for a boy named Koheikun. Both boys are in college and meet after Taichi trips onto Koheikun’s lunch. Koheikun suffers with hearing disabilities from a young age and his hearing is slowly getting worse. Due to this it’s hard for him to ta
Giulia
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, the-good, lgbtq
"They can’t say whatever they want just because you can’t hear them"

TW: bullying

I'm not crying, you're crying.
Who am I even kidding? We're all crying.

This was so pure and adorable. I'm speechless and, on top of that, I'm in love.

Taichi was such a precious human being. He was a literals ray of sunshine (ah! See what I did here? ahah). And Kohei was spectacular cinnamon roll that has to be protected at all costs.

Highly recommend this manga and cannot wait to continue on the second volume.
Beautifu
Mady
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The drawing style wasn't really my cup of tea but it was ok, nothing that interfered with the readability. Unfortunately, the german translation seemed a bit awkward and unfitting and even outdated sometimes.
What really saved it for me, however, was the topics that were discussed. I think I've never read a manga with a main character that has a physical disability and deals with the challenges of everyday life among able-bodied people.
At the end the author confessed that the story wasn't origina
Lizor
This manga was just very cute. I don't have a lot to say about it, besides that was adorable and I just want to read more and I liked it a lot.
jola
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sooo cute 🙈❤ i love this story
Holly Strange
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sweet!! This is how relationships begin to develop. 10/10 would recommend.
Amanda at Nerdification Reviews
Slightly rushed, but the content makes up for it.

This manga is as good as everyone says it is. I wish we got more volumes to allow each development room to unfold over time. But the content of the story more than makes up for the slightly rushed plot.
Kohei lost a significant portion of his hearing as a child. In the years since he has acclimated to his new normal by isolating himself from others. Now in college, he puts an add out for a note-taker. The outgoing, forever hungry, Taichi takes the
Lou (Lou and Life)
I saw this manga in Forbidden Planet and the cover really intrigued me. I picked it up on a whim 6 hours ago, and now I've finished it and I am so glad that I found this manga. The story follows Kohei and Taichi. Kohei is hard of hearing (He's not deaf because he can still hear some things), and because of this people think that he is rude and is treated like an outsider. Until he meets Taichi, who is loud and charming which breaks down the walls Kohei has built.

Add in some subtle m/m romance an
Marwa
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zamanga, manga
So many emotions!

I missed cute mangas with great art and great stories <3
Jes Reads
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jes Reads by: Natalie
I am so glad that this manga was introduced to me! I don't know what I was expecting but it definitely sets the bar high for what I'm going to expect from future volumes I read. Not to mention I love the art style!

I was so touched by both Kohei's hearing disability and his relationship with Taichi. I thought that the deaf rep in this was done very well. Kohei has trouble relating with other people because while he is hard of hearing he finds himself hating being pitied by people. So when he meet
Scott
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was sweet. I really like how it dealt with the alienation of disability and the genuine sense of disorientation of two people navigating an ambiguous relationship. I also thought Kohei was extremely easy to relate to.
Yanique Gillana
Short and sweet.
Marie-Ève
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful read with deaf representation and loveable characters 💗
Marius Paulsen (Antari-kun)
4.5 I loved this! Bought just this to see if I liked it at all and I can honestly say its fantastic and so sweet! Highly recommend it :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• るったとこだま 1 [Rutta to Kodama 1]
  • 卒業生 - 冬 - [Sotsugyōsei - Fuyu]
  • ブルースカイコンプレックス [Blue Sky Complex]
  • Pure Heart, Volume 01
  • Castle Mango, Vol. 1 (Castle Mango, #1)
  • ネオンサイン・アンバー [Neon Sign Amber]
  • 飴色パラドックス 1 [Ameiro Paradox 1] (Amber Paradox #1)
  • 花は咲くか 1 [Hana wa Saku ka 1]
  • That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 1
  • 秘めごとあそび 2 [Himegoto Asobi 2]
  • ガンバレ! 中村くん! ! [Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!]
  • Only the Flower Knows (Hana no Mizo Shiru, #3)
  • Bloom into You, Vol. 4