Start by marking “Freedom and the Will to Move Forward: A Compass for Today's World” as Want to Read:
Freedom and the Will to Move Forward: A Compass for Today's World

Freedom and the Will to Move Forward: A Compass for Today's World

"Freedom and The Will to Move Forward" is an exhilarating philosophical guide to locate and nourish our own individual compass.
"One of the most important and fundamental units of society is the family" -Grady Harp Hall of Fame Top 50 Reviewer
"Interesting Book" -Valery E

Look for the compass and the journey begins. What is this compass?

We live in
a world of technology,

Paperback, 1st, 228 pages
Published September 29th 2018 by Jamin Chavez

To ask other readers questions about Freedom and the Will to Move Forward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom and the Will to Move Forward

Start your review of Freedom and the Will to Move Forward: A Compass for Today's World
Bianca Sy
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
We may not be aware of it, but we are slowly moving into different paths as the misconceptions have been swirling around us. If you are into philosophy or not-so-into-philosophy, I would (still) recommend you to read this book. Though there are some political views I am not in favor of, the ideas written can help you to be more open with different interpretations as the scenarios give the reader more insights.

What I like the most are the given strategies to surmount the impediments in such
Irma
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Freedom and the Will to Move Forward - A Compass for Today's World, written by Jamin Chavez, is one of the most interesting and intellectually stimulating modern day books on philosophy I've read so far. If you are interested in philosophy, American politics, human behaviour, specifically with regard to decision making and personal growth and development - and its culminative effect on each individual, family and society as a whole - this book is a must read for you.

In addition to its
Yagoh
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
An excellent source of inspiration. The author navigates between this climate of division that is encouraged primarily by the media and encourages us to move out of the comfort zone so that we can seek information that reflects the truth in everyday life without falling into the common sense without making us forget the importance of construction of principles and moral values, highlighting mainly nationalism and patriotism.
being Brazilian, I could learn a lot about the North American political
Kerstin Vollbrecht
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is a very personal recount of the way the author sees and perceives the world and the important events that occurred during his life so far. It is a story recounting his experiences in the army and as a civilian, that shaped his worldview. He also shares his view of how the important events he has seen/experienced not only influenced politics and society, but also the lives of individuals. It is quite a political and sociological book that makes the reader think a lot.
Grady
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
'One of the most important and fundamental units of society is the family'

Author Jamin Chavez earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and is the Chief Administrator and blogger for the PPHC Compass website. He is an Army Veteran having served as an Equal Opportunity Leader, Instructor, and Patriot Missile System Technician. FREEDOM AND THE WILL TO MOVE FORWARD is his literary debut.

In his sensitive Introduction Jamin includes the following – ‘When a person is able to serve
Valery
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Freedom and the Will to Move Forward: A Compass for Today's Modern World by Jamin Chavez tells of one man's journey through life, coping with various influences, and finding his way. Chavez chronicles his experiences in this book from the time he was a young boy prior to Y2K, and then on to the tragedy of 9/11. His greatest motivator was love of country and at the age of 17 he enlisted in the Army. This experience changed him, making him even more introspective, and responsive to handling the ...more
Booking Thoughts
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Freedom and the Will to Move Forward" is a very interesting to read book from many perspectives. It is the story of the evolution of a young man (since early teenage) with most of his strings attached: the family life including the church learnings, combined with facts and lessons learned from the army (interesting experience), plus the way the social and political life influenced him.

Actually, there is a great mix between the outer and the inner world, historical facts and social influence
Jessica
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Today’s world is indeed littered with ways to connect us, from cell phones, our cars, tv’s, laptops and even the home helpers like the amazon echo or google home. You can find many different views on this topic, but this book is slightly different, it offers a personal view from someone quite like me. I grew up with no electronics, and after 9/11 I joined the service, albeit I went into the air force, not the army like the author. As such, I understand the author and even though I may not agree ...more
James Nicholls
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Jamin Chavez has written about some very interesting topics. The book includes lots of interesting elements about life and discusses them well throughout. There is good intention and helpful messages in every chapter and I found the story life affirming and inspiring. It was not too heavy to read and has lots of good advice throughout. When digging a little deeper I found a lot of interesting theoretical perspectives and good research as well. Overall I found this book to be ...more
Pasang
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is a philosophical guide to the modern where we have too many choices in every aspects of our society and how it's making us loose our value for realationship ,family and inner knowledge.
The author talks more specificially about American life , politics ,Geo-politics,freedom and wisdom . He is stresses on the importance of nationalism and patriotism while also higlight about the essentials of wisdom and knowledge in oneself to move foreward as an individual and society.
He emphasizes
Kristen
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: upwork
For those who already love philosophy or are interested in learning more, this book is a great way to scratch that itch. Although it is even more than that. Freedom and The Will to Move Forward takes a look at your own life and how you look at the future as it relates to yourself. You examine many different kinds of thinking that help you discover a better understanding of where you came from, where you are, and where you are going. It is an insightful book that I believe can relate to ...more
Geoseph Zulu
Sep 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
I have never been updated with world politics and be taught life lessons in one book, so much wisdom in this book,
The synergies articulated and linking current affairs to everyday life situations is tremendous,

Read the Book I recommend it
Brenda Knight
Feb 15, 2019
Brandon Bradley
Nov 06, 2019

• The Good Professional: How to Take Control of Your Work Life, Get More Done, and Be Happier
  • Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds
  • The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
  • The Whisper Of Dreams: Otatade Okojie
  • The Misguided Empath
  • Dating on Purpose: An Illustrated Guide to Intentional Dating for Commitment-Conscious Millennials
  • Deep Within The Nectar Of The Gods Rests The Druze Faith.
  • World's Fastest Neurosurgeon
  • The New 3 Rs of Teaching and Learning
  • Go Ahead, You're Home: The Caribbean Dream with Grit & Guts
Jamin Chavez was born and raised in Kirksville Missouri. He is a U.S. Army Veteran, was an Army Instructor, an Army Operations Foreman, a Patriot Missile System technician, and an Equal Opportunity Leader. He has two children. Studied at Grantham University earning a BS in Computer Science and a Masters of Science in Information Management Technology. . He also has diplomas in Auto Mechanics, ...more