Start by marking “New Orleans Rush (Showmen, #1)” as Want to Read:
New Orleans Rush (Showmen, #1)

New Orleans Rush

(Showmen #1)

Treat yourself to the book Publisher's Weekly calls an endearing romance: "Like Huxley, readers won’t be able to resist falling under Bea’s spell."

You know that Carrie Underwood song? The one about her keying her cheating ex’s car? Beatrice Baker totally did that, except she vandalized the wrong guy’s Mustang.

Now she’s stuck in New Orleans, working for Huxley Marlow—owner
Published April 23rd 2019 by Everafter Romance

To ask other readers questions about New Orleans Rush, please sign up.
Kelly So glad you loved New Orleans Rush!! As much fun as I had writing these characters, I'm sticking to standalone romances for now. Creating new worlds i…moreSo glad you loved New Orleans Rush!! As much fun as I had writing these characters, I'm sticking to standalone romances for now. Creating new worlds is what I enjoy most about writing, so I have to follow my heart, as I believe it comes out in the final product. I hope you enjoy my next book as much as this one!(less)

Start your review of New Orleans Rush (Showmen, #1)
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
Behold my first FIVE STAR read of 2019.

You guys.

THIS. BOOK.

I don't even know what I was expecting going into it. I think I knew it was going to be "different", but I didn't know that "different", in this case, meant quirky, and charming, and adorable, and heart bursting in all the very best ways.

GAH! It was heart bursting, you guys. My heart literally could not contain all the feels and my face ached from all the smiling and it was just so. good.

From the very beginning I was completely enchan
Resting Book Face
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most delightfully unique stories I've read in a long time. New Orleans Rush reminded me so much of Jennifer Crusie’s books, with bizarrely quirky characters that immediately make you wonder, “How am I possibly gonna fall in love with this weirdo?” but then you do. I adored Huxley and Bea, as well as Axel, Fox, and Della. I really, really hope this is the first in a series and we get to meet the two missing Marlow boys. I must admit that I was skeptical about how much I would l ...more
Jacqueline Francis
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! What an adorable, sweet story. The hero is PERFECTION. A lovely mix of alpha and beta. Loveable characters all around and I can't wait to read about the other characters' love stories, too! I could not put this book down.

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
J. R.
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
FIVE HIGH FLYING STARS!!! This book is unique, quirky, lovely, and oh so swoony. It made my heart soar like The Greatest Showman but with some sizzling chemistry and humor between the characters like in The Hating Game. If you're looking for something fresh in romance, THIS IS THE BOOK!

The setting is so cool, being set in New Orleans. The characters' jobs are unique, I mean when is the last time you read a romance between a magician and his assistant? It's got the cool vibe of the magic heist m
Jen
4.5 Never Taupe Stars

Twenty-eight years with her parents, and she’d always felt more castaway than crewmate: friend to her mother and mother to her father, forced to fight for her survival. Three weeks after being thrust into the Marvelous Marlow Boys’ world, and she belonged.

I’ve loved every book I’ve read from Kelly Siskind but truth be told, I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started New Orleans Rush. In all honesty, magicians and “magic” in general have never really been my jam, but I c
Jacob Proffitt
I'm abandoning this at about 25%. I like lots of the parts of this, but the background is kind of killing it for me. Or maybe it's the worldbuilding? Sigh. I like the characters, mostly. Bea's caring and upbeat personality really appeal and her courage in facing setbacks is engaging. Huxley is pretty cool, too, as a (actually, physically) damaged guy with lots of responsibility based on his desire to take care of those he cares about and to be good at the legacy of his father that he is shepherd ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5-4 ⭐'s

“I’ll always catch you.”

I'm always drawn to books about NOLA and this one was no exception, however, I was a little disappointed and I had a hard time at first engaging with the story and characters.

Huxley is a magician and comes from a magic family. They even have their own theater and all that is fine. What I had a hard time with is that he walks around with his cape and top hat on and Bea was entranced by that! Well, different strokes and all that.

Huxley and Bea meet in a bar...sh
Maranda
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GREAT READ FULL OF MAGIC! Craving something a bit different in a romance novel? Give this FUN Romance set in NOLA a place on your shelf or on your Kindle. Bright COVER ART along with amazing characters will not disappoint. Beatrice Baker puts the Buzz in Huxley Marlow's CAPE. Marlow has brothers and I can see them being spot lighted in future works. "A copy of this book was provided by EverAfter Romance via NetGalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion." ILLUSI ...more
Micheline Ryckman
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t read contemporary romances much, but I needed a change of pace. This book was lively and sweet with a twist of magic.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
DNF @ 20%

I've been trying to read this for almost two months, when the typical romance novel of this length would only take me a day or two, once I get into it. That's the problem, though, or one of many: I just can't get into it. No matter how intriguing the plot sounded, nothing about these characters or their situations has been able to drag me into the storyline.

On top of that, I just don't like Bea at all — maybe she improves later on, but at this point, she's entitled and rude. The confli
Scharize
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really cute

Different and refreshing! What I liked is that it's funny and the end it's not some non real nonsense. Recommend for a fast, light read.
Shannon
Love, love, love!

Although Chasing Crazy will probably always be my favorite book of Kelly Siskind’s, New Orleans Rush came *this close* to knocking it out of the top spot. Bea and Huxley’s story was so charming, quirky, heartfelt, refreshing, and fun.
I loved that neither Bea nor Huxley quite had their acts together, pun not intended! It’s a nice change of pace to read a book about 2 characters who aren’t perfect, who have flaws, who don’t know what’s going to happen day to day, who take what li
janel
Jul 11, 2019 added it
Maybe the premise of this book doomed me from the start. I hate magic shows, magic tricks, men in capes and top hats. I don't actually HATE it, but I really don't care to be involved. I've put off reading The Night Circus for a long time because I just really dislike the atmosphere involved in circuses or magic shows. I hoped maybe I would like this despite my usual aversion. I was wrong.

New Orleans Rush is about a woman named Bea (who hates being compared to a bee, she's allergic pls stop!!!!),
Marivi Sanz
5 magical stars under a magician's cape.

Before I write anything, seriously, go pre-order this book, like now.

This was my first Kelly Siskind book, and she was kind enough to let me read an advanced copy, even if I didn't know what to expect. And I'm so glad she did. I had been in some kind of reading slump lately, and I didn't really like any of the books I've been reading (with a couple of exceptions), but this book...

This book trapped me since the first pages. New Orleans, Bea's misfortunes, H
Caryn - iam.caryn
I’ve found a new favourite contemporary romance author!

This is my first time reading Kelly Siskind, and it definitely won’t be my last. It always makes me overjoyed when I find incredibly talented Canadian authors.

New Orleans Rush was everything I never knew I needed in a book. Eccentric and quirky artist girl keys the wrong car. Surly and yet dashing magician guy gets his car keyed... high-jinx ensue. It’s really all I can say without spoiling much. What I will say is that I was basically smili
Erin
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

A cute rom-com filled with magic tricks, painting, and gambling.
Antonella
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
there is something so charming about books set in New Orleans..
loooved the meet-cute.. a delightful read..

Jaye Berry
This was so dumb, for real. I'm running on zero sleep but I'm just going to go off.

New Orleans Rush is about a woman named Bea who got dumped right after she moved to New Orleans. In a drunken rage she keys her ex's car only to find she keyed a stranger's car. Huxley is a magician who is trying to keep his father's legacy going. The theater he inherited needs a lot of work and not enough time or money to fix it. Huxley is also out of an assistant so he blackmails Bea to work for him.

Even the set
Haley
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
*Disclaimer: An ARC was provided to me by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion in any way.*

This book was unexpected in many ways. Immediately, I was refreshed by how much of a weirdo Beatrice was. I thought she was very well planned out and could definitely see her quirks right away. If I'm being honest, I was surprised that Huxley was going to be the main love interest upon meeting him. I first cast him off as just another borderline cree
Peggy M
‘New Orleans rush’ is a sweet, magical, fun story.

The main characters Beatrice and Huxley balanced each other very well, Beatrice had this happy, bubbly personality and Huxley was more serious, more stiff but that made them just the perfect match. Although you could feel the attraction between the two from the beginning, the story felt more like a slow burn story and I loved that. This story had me laughing out loud a few times. The writing style was fluent and I enjoyed how every problem (smal
Jody Holford
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is 5 star magic. As a reader, it’s the kind of book you’ll think back on and smile about. It makes you smile the whole way through. As a writer, it’s the kind of book you wish you’d written because the whole point of writing is to make people feel the way you’ll feel reading this book.
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of [title] from [publisher] via Author. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review, which is honest and unbiased *New Orleans Rush is a story about magic, trust, love, and perseverance. I enjoyed getting to know Huxley and Beatrice, as well as Huxley's brothers Fox and Axel...

Story and Characters:
New Orleans Rush is about new beginnings. Letting go of the past. Through magic, art, and love. I enjo
Reads & Reviews
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is already my favorite of 2019 and it’s only January. Kelly Siskind has the rare ability to make me insane over a book. That “I laughed, I cried, my heart beat out of my chest” feeling that one would hope to get every time you read a book. Right from the first couple of chapters I was biting my nails as something unfolded that I could see coming but couldn’t do anything to stop. It wasn’t that it was predictable, but more like “Holy shit, I could totally see myself doing this and how I ...more
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
I wasn’t really sure what to expect when I started reading NEW ORLEANS RUSH. It was my first book by Kelly Siskind, but the cute cover and synopsis were irresistible. For the most part, this book charmed me with its zany humor, quirky characters, and snappy dialogue. I definitely think you have to be in the right kind of mood when you start this book. Don’t take things too seriously and you’ll enjoy the story and Ms. Siskind’s writing a lot more.

The positives: Let’s start with the setting. I lov
Cait | GoodeyReads

WHERE CAN I GET A MAGICIAN LIKE HUXLEY?

BLOG || INSTA

This quick romantic comedy is a hidden gem in the genre. I absolutely adored this and it took me a day to finish because of it!

Beatrice is effervescent and optimistic about most things in her life. Being betrayed by the men she’s known (including her Father) she ends up in New Orleans, single, without a job or a home. But then she meets…HUXLEY. Oh their chemistry is dynamite y’all. Sparks flying every which way it could light up a ni
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Bea has had a horrible 13 hours. After moving from Chicago to New Orleans with her boyfriend four days ago, he dumped her and sent her packing. Following an evening of drinking her sorrows away, Bea spies her ex-boyfriend’s precious car, and just like Carrie Underwood, Bea decides to key it up. However, it’s not his car, it belongs to Huxley, a struggling magician. He offers to let Bea work off the damage by being his assistant.

Something inside Bea comes to life the moment she meets Huxley. He’s
Treena
I don't think I've read many books with a magician as an MC. I can only remember two before this one: Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts which I read at least 20 years ago and Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway. I loved both of those. I also really enjoyed this one by Kelly Siskind, who is a new-to-me author.

I loved the purity and "unicorn-ness" of Bea. I loved how romantic Huxley is. This was a really entertaining and lovely read.
Elley Murray
Rating: 4.5 stars

I really loved New Orleans Rush, partially because the quirky dynamic between Bea and Huxley gave me some major The Hating Game vibes. Maybe it's the quirky pin-up girl thing? Only Bea is a watermelon woman as opposed to the strawberry shortcake goodness that is Lucy in THG. Either way, if you loved Sally Thorne's The Hating Game, I HIGHLY recommend you read Kelly Siskind's New Orleans Rush.

Bea is the Huffliest of puffs and I adore her sweet little manic pixie dream girl, thigh
Addie H
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: p-newauthor
I would have loved this book 10 years ago. Not that necessarily age has something to do with it, but I have read A LOT of romance books in the last 10 years, and this did not do it for me. It sparked no interest.

It was at times cute and charming, but also too silly and implausible.

While Huxley was quite intriguing, Bea’s border-like Mary Sue behaviour was annoying, and how the three brothers turned their magic show around was just not believable.

And I guess there lies the root of the problem.

description

I
Jewlsbookblog
This is the first book I’ve read by Kelly Siskind and I couldn’t quit smiling! Bea cracked me up with her decision making skills-my husband cringed over the Mustang moment, but it was her determined, happy outlook on life that won me over. Huxley was a stick in the mud in comparison, but he lightened up in so many wonderful ways that I was in love with him by the end. Huxley’s brothers Axel and Fox were supportive siblings and downright hysterical hot messes! This romantic comedy was a great wee ...more

• Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Happy Singles Day
  • Well Played (Well Met, #2)
  • Faker
  • Kiss My Cupcake
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Twice Shy
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Rules (Summer Nights, #2)
  • Tools of Engagement (Hot & Hammered, #3)
  • The Roommate
  • The Ex Talk
  • Mistletoe and Mr. Right (Moose Springs, Alaska #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Always Only You (Bergman Brothers, #2)
  • The Spanish Love Deception
A small-town girl at heart, Kelly moved from the city to enjoy the charm of northern Ontario. When she’s not out hiking with her husband or home devouring books, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. Her novels have been published internationally.

2015 Golden Heart® Finalist

Where to find me:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kelly-S

Showmen (4 books)
  • Don't Go Stealing My Heart (Showmen, #2)
  • The Beat Match (Showmen, #3)
  • The Knockout Rule (Showmen, #4)