Start by marking “Lost and Found” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Lost and Found

Ginny L. Yttrup

Lost and Found

"Yttrup has penned a many faceted novel that challenges the reader to pursue spiritual growth as fully as any self-help book would, making her fiction as inspirational as it is entertaining." Publishers WeeklyTwo women who've compromised for the sake of security... Will they risk it all?Jenna Bouvier is losing everything: beauty, family, and wealth. When her emotionally ...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Shelterwood Press (first published January 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lost and Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost and Found

Start your review of Lost and Found
Sally
I'll be honest. I picked up this book because I'd reads comments from other people on Twitter saying how much they loved it. I wasn't that interested in the plot from what I'd read on the cover, but I decided to keep an open mind.

It was slow to get going. Sure, the novel opens with a fundraiser, and you instantly get an idea of two of the main characters. My problem was that I didn't really feel a connection to them. Actually, I didn't feel a connection to any character. When a major event
Tracey Bateman
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ginny L. Yttrup is becoming a favorite author. I discovered her books this past fall and have read all but one. An author who isn't afraid to "go there" emotionally. GREAT READ
Carole Jarvis
Lost and Found is Christian fiction at its best. See my review:

Nancy Walker
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An inspirational and powerful read. I was so involved with the characters that I prayed their prayers for my own life.
Beautifully written. A page-turner. Ginny Yttrup never disappoints.
Louise
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story Description:

It appears Jenna Bouvier is losing everything: beauty, family, and wealth. When her controlling and emotionally abusive mother-in-law accuses Jenna of an affair with her spiritual director and threatens to expose them, Jenna also risks losing her reputation as a woman of faith. Will she capitulate to her mother-in-laws wishes again or fight for what she holds dear? As Jenna loses her life, will she find it?

Andee Bell has found exactly what she wanted: fame, fortune, and
Kate
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jenna, married to Gerard, famed vitner, both live under the controlling and suffocating rule of Gerard's mother Brigette. Jenna is always looking for ways to please Brigette, she seeks courage and comfort from God, yet she always feels inadequate, a victim of the lure of beauty gone wrong.

Andee, a successful businesswoman, whose drive to surpass her expectations of herself, encompasses her, grips and motivates her. She puts up walls around herself to hold her past life in and to keep others
Elizabeth Thompson
Lost and Found is what all good novels strive to be.

It raises a mirror before its readers and allows us to see ourselves in a different light, with scars and dependencies revealed. It asks the question "Who do you worship and obey?"

I began reading Lost and Found innocently enough. Excited to read the second book by Ginny Yttrup after reading her powerful first novel Words last year. Then, something happened in Lost and Found that rarely happens to me--some of my personal struggles came to life
Christy
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Simply put...this book is a masterpiece. There are so many layers to the story and characters that as you go deeper and deeper, it is impossible to not be affected in some way. For someone who may be going through their own spiritual journey, this book is chock-full of wisdom and insight into the plans that God has for his children.

What was most enlightening for me was the fact that on this side of heaven, I will never truly "understand" everything about God and his plans. That became clear as
Bethany
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am finding that Ginny Yttrup is quickly becoming one of my favorite Christian authors. Her style of writing is lyrical and sucks you right in and the things she writes about are ones that most people struggle with.
Jenna Bouvier appeared to have it all, beauty, wealth, a loving husband. But when her beauty and then her husband are taken from her and she is left with a very controlling mother-in-law who is accusing Jenna of having an affair. Will Jenna learn to trust in God even when it feels
IrenesBookReviews
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lost and Found is written by Ginny Yttrup and published by B&H Publishing Group.

Jenna Bouviers life is not all it seems. She has married into a rich family but money does not buy her peace and contentment. The story follows Jenna as she grows and becomes a woman rather then just someone only living for others approval. The other main character is a woman named Andee. She is looking for satisfaction in her life and work. It is the connection between these two main characters that keeps the
Karla
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Sometimes Spiritual journey books can be hokey and the endings sometimes seem idealistic. Most Christians understand that ideal endings don't always happen but the lessons learned are the reason for the journey. This book crafted a journey that I loved traveling on with the main character.
Rhonda Martin
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I enjoyed the characters in this book very much, it took a bit of patience in the beginning while getting them all introduced. Their diversity in their personal walks with God and finding Him amidst the chaos of the world intrigued me. The main character's relationship struggles provided me a perfect fiction follow-up to my last non-fiction read, Tired of Trying to Measure Up.
Sharon
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written, a book that I continue to ponder long after I finished. What is a romance with God truly like? Do I enjoy that kind of intimacy with my Saviour? What circumstances stand in my way? Will be recommending as a book club selection, but may be a difficult book for some to read who are/have experienced emotional or sexual abuse.
Patriciaw
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disturbing. Unsettling.

Such is the story of Jenna Bouvier as she regains control of her life so that she may yield it to God.
Dee Bright
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story. Triumph over emotional abuse.
Linda
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent.....reminded me of Francine Rivers books. Wonderful to read a book based on how God works to help and heal those in bad situations.
Jane
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't as good as her first one, WORDS, but the character development intrigued me. The mother in law was evil.
Kath
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great storyline - my only hitch was relating to the characters at first.
Amy Taylor
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you think works of fiction can be both entertaining and life-changing?

Read any of Ginny Yttrups books and youll answer with a resounding yes! I never have to search for life applications they leap off the pages. In the novel Lost and Found, one take away (I have many) was security in Christ alone.

I resonated with the characters Jenna Bouvier and Andee Bell and understood their fears. Ive been fearful of losing security, and an unknown future often produces confusion and anxiety in me.

For
Sue Poole
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life Changing

This is my second time reading this book and I enjoyed it even more than the first. There is so much to learn from this fiction book! There are so many phases, nuggets of wisdom that I am going to write down so I can reread them. Let them enter my Spirit and grow, become permanent. I wish Ginny had a hundred books written. I would be content reading her books forever.
Annette
This book has touched me ,
I recognize myself in Jenna
The phrases at every chapter ,gives a handle to think about.
The book reminds me again the importance of pouring your heart out to God and ask Him for his guidance in my daily life.
The book shows how God works in very different kind of people .
It had encouraged me to know that i may be myself .

Greetings from annette (the Netherlands)
Alice LaJuett
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Compelling

This is one of the most compelling books I have read! What does it truly mean to lose your life for Christ? Follow Jenna as she finds out through the struggles of a domineering,abusive mother in law, losing her husband! Learn how she learned to pick up her cross and truly live! I would date this as a ten if possible!
Mary A. Lopp
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lost

Very good book. I liked where there was a bible scripture at the beginning of each chapter. I am so glad everything worked out for Jenna after all she had been through. I recommend this book.
Maryann Taylor
I didn't enjoy this book by Ginny Yttrup as much as the others I have read. I had a hard time understanding the main character's submissiveness to her mother-in-law's abuse. I was happy to see her courage emerge, at last, and the book has a satisfying conclusion.
Sara
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Profound!

Ginny is a master weaver of words. Her use of quotations from Jeanne Guyon to begin each chapter added immensely to the message. I felt I was on the same spiritual journey with Jenna. A beautiful story of overcoming through Christ.
Kathryn Spurgeon
A book worth reading

Quickly becoming one of my favorite writers! This book,like her other books, offers not only a cast of believable characters with real, tangible issues, but gives solutions that encourages and surprises. Im anxious to read another one of her books.
Karen
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book could have been s six star book

This book could have been a six star book. I greatly enjoyed this book. I loved Jenna's openness to the wooing of the Holy Spirit.
Ginny Cruz
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

An excellent plot and wonderful story. Contains deep spiritual truths amidst some real-life, difficult situations. I highly recommend this book!
Kyoung
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different

Took a lot of imagination to create this book. Intrigue. Floundering. Steady growth. A vision of God through imperfect human actors. Stirring.
Margaret Nelson
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was not an easy book to read, but it was worth it. If you don't like to read about emotional abuse, you probably won't like it, but there is good resolution. Yttrup has some good insights into total commitment to God even when circumstances are not good. I was glad I read the book.

• Imperfectly Proverbs 31 (Huckleberry Lake #2)
  • The Space Between Words
  • The Deepest Waters
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Legacy Rejected (The Legacy #1)
  • When You Look at Me (Pleasant Gap Romance #2)
  • The Pawn (The Patrick Bowers Files, #1)
  • A Scarlet Cord
  • What Follows After
  • Many Sparrows
  • The Forgotten Life of Evelyn Lewis
  • Over the Waters
  • Grace in the Flames (Grace #1)
  • Unbound by Grace (Grace #2)
  • Quest for Love (The Sisters of Rosefield #2)
  • Christmas Embers
  • Escaping Reality (Hart Ranch, #1)
  • Journey of Grace  (Journey of Love #1)
Ginny L. Yttrup is the award-winning author of Words, Lost and Found, Invisible, Flames, and Home which released April 1, 2017. She writes contemporary women's fiction and enjoys exploring the issues everyday women face. Publishers Weekly dubbed Ginny's work "as inspiring as it is entertaining." When not writing, Ginny coaches writers, critiques manuscripts, and makes vintage-style jewelry for her ...more