Start by marking “Mindful Tarot: Bring a Peace-Filled, Compassionate Practice to the 78 Cards” as Want to Read:
Mindful Tarot: Bring a Peace-Filled, Compassionate Practice to the 78 Cards

Mindful Tarot: Bring a Peace-Filled, Compassionate Practice to the 78 Cards

Read Tarot in the Present Moment, Full of Joy, Prosperity, and Peace

Fill your heart with abundance and ease by uniting Tarot with the modern mindfulness movement. Combining the card archetypes and meanings with today's well-researched methods of meditation, this groundbreaking book shows you how to find a clearer path forward through compassion.

Mindful Tarot cultivates our
Published June 8th 2019 by Llewellyn Publications

To ask other readers questions about Mindful Tarot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindful Tarot

ABCme
If you ever watched Lisa on You Tube (Mindful Tarot) you know she's a good storyteller. So I had high hopes for this book. Being a tarot enthousiast myself I already know the basics and was curious to see what this book had to add.
It does go into mindfulness, to paying attention and living in the moment, but also covers a massive amount of history, philosophy, psychology, buddhism, meditation and poetry.
The writing style reminded me a lot of Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom, but where R
Anne
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book on the Tarot and mindfulness. I found it to be extensive and comprehensive in its depth and breadth. There is lots of useful information as well as practical suggestions here for combining one’s mindfulness practice with the Tarot cards

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
K
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It’s not good.

I was expecting a well organized book. You know, bulleted lists, highlighted points, example exercises. Stuff that’s easy to skim and reference. Not this book. This book is structured like a novel. You must read all the text, because the author/editor does not structure it in a way that makes it easy to separate the fluff from the substance. Probably, because it’s all fluff.

The beginning is fluff about mindfulness. The end is fluff about card definitions. Maybe fluff is the wrong
Alexandra
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
In the book the reader does get a link to a few mp3 files that could be helpful. Reader does get some history and information throughout the book. The numbers and suits are grouped together when getting to talk about them. When get to the cards - there is no keywords, it is more situational, history of the card, slight descriptional. So it can be helpful to get a slight deeper connection to the cards.
Temperance Tarot
I read tarot for myself and have been reading tarot for myself for years. I own dozens of tarot books that are all basically the same thing –
1. What is the Tarot (including history of tarot that is frequently untrue).
2. How to pick a deck.
3. How to cleanse your deck.
4. How to shuffle your deck.
5. Reading for a querant (someone other than yourself)
6. Card Spreads.
7. Card meanings – with a heavy slant on predicting the future.

If this is what you are looking for, t
Naavaparta Metsähine
I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. Here we go!

I went in, looking forward to finding mindfulness exercises and Tarot spreads and a lot of stuff that might help me get my mindfulness on.

What I found was a lot of words about the importance of mindfulness, a lot of personal history, a lot of anecdotes about the author's life on the island she was writing the book on, one Tarot spread (and even that wasn't properly explained in my opinion), an
Lisa
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mindful Tarot was provided to me through NetGalley by Llewellyn Worldwide as an ARC for an honest review (thank you!), Although I found it slow to start as a self proclaimed meditation flunkey, I kept going and found a plethora of information in Part 2 where the author addresses the cards. Does she give keywords and phrases for each card ;like 90% of the other books out there? No. Instead, she provides meaningful descriptions to enhance the way the reader may already identify with each card. I l ...more
Dee
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You might guess from the title that this book is about Mindfulness and Tarot. The great pity is that I suspect it will mainly be read only by those who already have an interest in these subjects prior to their coming across Lisa's absolutely charming and well researched volume. I have fifty + years of trying to practise Mindfulness & somewhat less experience in Tarot but I think that those who miss out on reading "Mindful Tarot" may be the ones who need it most. It's fun to read, highly info ...more
Megan
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a mixed bag of a book. It was part memoir, part research, and part card meanings. Overall I found it more memoir with theory woven in than actionable ways to be mindful in/using Tarot. This was a decent book overall, but I was hoping for a little more “how to” than storytelling and theory. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC through Netgalley.
Jill Long
Great book if you are looking to incorporate Mindfulness into your tarot practice. The author gives stories and details on how to do this.
Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and author for this ARC.
Trina
I started this book a few days ago- July 14th I guess and here it is 4 days later and I simply don’t have the energy to continue reading.
Aug 5- picked this book back up yesterday and am eventually going to finish this book.
Maya Castillo
Jun 21, 2019
Annarella
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting book as it mixes tarots and mindfulness, two themes I'm interested in.
The book is well written and it kept my attention till the last page.
It's full of interesting and useful hints, facts and advice.
Recommended!
Many thanks to Llewellyn Worldwide and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Jaymi
Jul 13, 2019
Elizabeth
Jul 04, 2019
Joan
Oct 15, 2019
Lisa Lyon Coloma
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author has an expert understanding of mindfulness, which comes through in her in-depth research and presentation of the material. Once we are given an understanding of mindfulness, the author shares the picture of a tarot practice approached mindfully; changing us from seeking answers from tarot, to posing questions in mindfulness tarot. Once familiar with the explanations of the spreads and the point of view each spread comes from, the author is able to show which spreads are more beneficia ...more
Angel
rated it it was ok
May 23, 2019
Vicki
Aug 02, 2019
frugalitymom
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Filled with great facts and thoroughly researched this book weaves together the facts to turn an interesting tale of a wonderful topic into a must read.
Yinzadi
Mar 05, 2019
Ger
Aug 30, 2019
Nicola Geddes
Aug 01, 2019
Cherry
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wanted to like this book more than I did, unfortunately. I was looking for more ideas of practical exercises rather than a heavily worded philosophical approach. However, if that is more your style, it is a well thought out and written book. And I do really love the cover design!
Thanks to NetGalley for the review copy. The opinions expressed are my own.
Sg
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding the Now with Tarot

I venture to say visitors and students coming to Tarot are looking for answers that bring them to a place of calm. We like to let go and hold on with our questions; Tarot provides a tactile and instinctive way.
As an avid investigator for new ways in which the world interconnects with Tarot, I was pleasantly surprised to find "Mindful Tarot". Bringing "Peace Filled Compassion" to readings is a premise that all the world, not just Tarot needs.

The search fo
Lpc
rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2019
Heather Bennett
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mindful Tarot is a interesting book mixing mindfulness and tarot. The author is well researched on both topics and the book is written well. I learned a lot on tarot.
Claire
Sep 12, 2019
Michelle Noble
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I volunteered to give an honest review in exchange for a free copy of the book pre-publication. The author focuses on mindfulness in tarot and not predictive or future telling. The book does give an easy to understand description of the cards. However, I personally like the future telling aspect. I expected to learn how to tell the future with tarot based on card placement.
Carolyn Peck