Start by marking “Highland Haunting: A Halloween Story (The Townsends, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Highland Haunting: A Halloween Story (The Townsends, #3.5)

Highland Haunting: A Halloween Story

(The Townsends #3.5)

For the past few months, Ian Cameron and Robert Townsend have been settling into their new life together, but when a series of odd events occur at Llynmore Castle, Ian begins to suspect that he's being haunted. The question is, is the spirit malevolent or benevolent? Does it want to harm him or warn him of something to come?

As Halloween draws closer, the ghost becomes
Published October 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Highland Haunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Haunting

Start your review of Highland Haunting: A Halloween Story (The Townsends, #3.5)
Meags
4 Stars

This free Halloween novella is set a few months after the events in A Scot's Surrender. Lovers Ian and Robert are settling into their (mostly secret) relationship together when strange occurrences lead Ian to suspect he’s being haunted.

I wasn’t really sure where this story was going to go considering the other books in the series didn’t feature any sort of paranormal element, but what Maxton did here felt authentic to the bigger story and fit nicely with the already well-established
Andrea
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Halloween story about my two precious babies? HOW DID I MISS THIS???
Christelle
*3.5 stars*

The end of A Scot's Surrender.
My review

PS : Again, **Thank you, Anne**
Ariana
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, lgbtq
*3,5 stars*
This novella definitely feels more like an extended epilogue to book 3 in the series.
I loved seeing Robert and Ian more settled in their relationship, with their feelings deepening even further. And Ian has come out of his shell in leaps and bounds!
Some nice steam in there, too!
Not so sure about the paranormal twist though.

Great follow up to book 3. Don't miss it!
Christine
I do not read much m/m graphic romance. Not because I'm against gay marriage but other reasons. So I can't comment on how the sex bits in this book compare to others. They seem hot, but what they do I know?

That said, the mystery is good, and while the sex is graphic you never doubt that there is a more love than lust going on. A cut above many kindle freebie romance books.
Vanna
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! Enjoyable short novella with a Halloween theme. Lovable MCs Ian and Robert return in this short about a mystery ghost. Sweet and light-hearted with a little of the halloween twist. Lovely follow-up to their story and HEA. ...more
JD Crittendon
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Love Can Be Scary!

A short haunting story about my new favorite Regency couple, Robert & Ian. After the original romantic story ‘A Scot’s Surrender’, I had to read more about the Scottish Highlands, Llynmore Castle and a ghost on the moors! Booooo!
Line
Oct 09, 2018 marked it as probably-not-but-freebie
Freebie at amazon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Highland-Hau...
Amanda
“It was an odd thing, to be secure in someone else’s love. To have that space, that feeling, be inviolable. It was changeable maybe, because nothing remained unchanged, but it would grow and change with them. Its roots were deep, like that centuries old hawthorn tree, profound and unshakable, no matter how much it weathered. That was simply who Robert was, and who they were, together.”

Highland Haunting was the perfect read, especially now if you’re in a Halloween-y mood what with its ghostly
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Adorable as Ian and Robert are, this novella was only alright for me personally. To be fair, I'm really not into books about ghosts, so that's certainly a factor, but I did think it very odd that this otherwise entirely historical series has a novella that's paranormal. Like, it's not just that there's a ghost, but they interact with the ghost very clearly; there's no maybe about it at all. Not really my thing tbh but three stars for Robert and Ian being cute and happy together and for Georgina ...more
Janet
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick, engrossing read, it was lovely to catch up with the Townsends & also to see how Robert & Ian’s relationship was developing. The pace was good & the ghost story enthralling. The more of the series I've read the more I've liked the Townsends. Although I didn’t
Helen Kord
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to learn there was an entire novella about Ian and Robert!! And not only is it Halloween themed, but there's actual real supernatural happenings!! Oh my god that made me so happy!!!! I wish more non-supernatural stories had supernatural elements, it just feels natural (hehe pun intended).
Not only was the supernatural plot pretty incredible, but there was also a beautiful sense of closure for both the characters in various ways and of course it made me cry, because I'm very
Julian White
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Kobo version

A basic haunting, set in Scotland (obviously). Not convinced about historical accuracy (1814 - and one of the leads is a novelist writing about a Constable Whitley, which seems a tad early for investigative fiction) but that aside it's a decent enough spooky story.
Ken Cook
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Short Halloween story

A pleasant short take, for me an introduction to the characters Robert and Ian. The link to a highland ghost woven into the tale of the love between the men was clever in its simplicity.
Pjm12
deliciously creepy way to catch up with this loving pair.

Vanessa Umrao
Kara Jorgensen
Jan 26, 2019
poetdeluxe
Dec 10, 2019

• Any Old Diamonds (Lilywhite Boys #1)
  • Mr. Winterbourne's Christmas (Winterbourne, #2)
  • Hither, Page (Page & Sommers, #1)
  • Proper English
  • Hexhunter (Hexworld #4)
  • The Rat-Catcher's Daughter (Lilywhite Boys, #0.5)
  • The Magician's Angel (The Christmas Angel, #3)
  • Introducing Mr. Winterbourne
  • Band Sinister
  • Christmas Angel (The Christmas Angel, #1)
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • Spellbound (Magic in Manhattan, #1)
  • A Little Light Mischief (The Turner Series, #3.5)
  • A Duke in Disguise (Regency Imposters, #2)
  • Gilded Cage (Lilywhite Boys #2)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Love Around the Corner (New Milton #1.5)
  • Summerfield's Angel (The Christmas Angel, #2)
Lily Maxton grew up in the Midwest, reading, writing, and daydreaming amidst cornfields. After graduating with a degree in English, she decided to put her natural inclinations to good use and embark on a career as a writer.

When she’s not working on a new story, she likes to tour old houses, add to her tea stash, and think of reasons to avoid housework.

The Townsends (6 books)
  • Enchanting the Earl (The Townsends, #1)
  • The Rogue's Conquest  (The Townsends, #2)
  • A Lady's Desire (The Townsends, #2.5)
  • A Scot's Surrender (The Townsends, #3)
  • Claiming The Highlander's Heart (The Townsends, #4)