Start by marking “Mistletoe Kisses” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe Kisses

Mistletoe Kisses

For Officer Justin Weaver, Christmas is the most hideous time of the year. To improve his “holiday cheer,” he’s been put on Officer Kringle duty, collecting toys for the Ho-Ho-Patrol.

It’s a week in holiday hell.

Worse, it comes with an elf—his little sister’s gorgeous best friend—but Lilly Maddox isn’t so little anymore. And as an annoyingly festive reporter looking to make
Published October 22nd 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Lovestruck)

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe Kisses, please sign up.
Marnie Blue Actually, Wrapped Up in You was never officially published. The publisher decided to pull the book from the schedule and revise the story but was…moreActually, Wrapped Up in You was never officially published. The publisher decided to pull the book from the schedule and revise the story but was unable to delete it from GoodReads. So Mistletoe Kisses is all new; only the characters are the same. :) (less)

Kay (aka) Miss Bates
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
As winter sleet, ice, snow, and ice loom, and the day-job continues its relentlessly demanding pace, I can at least celebrate the coming holidays. And the hols bring the Christmas romance and Hallmark Christmas movies in double-time! What does this have to do with Marnie Blue’s Mistletoe Kisses? Everything, as it’s a slip of a romance that sounds like category rom and smells like Hallmark. If you like one or t’other or both, you’re going to be a happy camper.

Blue is a new-to-me author and the fi
Elizabeth Neal
Justin, a cop, is being forced to play Santa, ironic for the man who does not deem it the most wonderful time of the year...which is the reason he was given the assignment. Collecting toys for Ho-Ho-Patrol would make even the Grinch smile, right? Well...he didn't have a sexy elf driving him nuts, none other than Lilly, his little sister's best friend. Add in that she's now a reporter and is documenting Justin's week as Officer Kringle and all the cookies and milk can't help.

It doesn't help thoug
Erika Dunn
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntary downloaded to read and review for free Mistletoe Kisses from Entangled Publishing LLC. This is the first book I have read by Marnie Blue. But it wont be the last. I loved this story-line and the flow this book created. It was a book for almost every reader. Its setting is around Christmas time but this story line can be read anytime and anywhere. This book is the first in a Love Struck read. There is a second book the author Marnie Blue is writing and it sounds amazing to. You will f ...more
Isha Coleman
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He has hang ups. She has determination. Caught in the chaos of Christmas can a Scrooge and his tempting elf unwrap a happily ever after? Marnie Blue is a genius. She tackles serious emotion wrapped up in a light - hearted holiday movie. Beat the holiday rush and make your heart rejoice with a humorous tale of the romantic variety. Mistletoe Kisses is Hallmark worthy reading.
Elley Murray
Rating: 3.5 stars

Mistletoe Kisses is a cute Christmas romance about a cop coerced into playing a reluctant Santa for the holidays as a PR move and the report/elf covering the story who turns out to be his sister's childhood best friend. This is a pretty short book and I'd actually class it more as a novella than a full length novel, and at times it seems like there's a bit of whiplash in the timeline of events, especially in terms of the Rollercoaster of Justin's Emotions. I feel like had the bo
Bette Hansen
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun flirty and very enjoyable holiday read that put a smile on my face. There is excellent writing, great characters and a fun storyline.

As part of the city's plan to make the police seem more approachable and friendly, Officer Justin Weaver is given the assignment of being Officer Kringle for the season. This entails attending holiday events and being dogged by a reporter aka his elf! When that reporter turns out to be the very gorgeous Lilly Maddox, Justin knows this is going to be
Sionna
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

This is such a cute romance.
I don't often read holiday themed romances or books for that matter, since I think they can sometimes be too cliche or... I suppose Hallmark-y is the best word for it. Nothing wrong with those things, I just usually don't like reading them.

Anyhow, with this one the holiday theme made it adorable. There was no 'Christmas Miracle' but the holidays and decoration do play a huge
Viv
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who doesn't like a Christmas romance? The answer to that is no one. Everyone loves a good ol' Christmas romance. And Mistletoe Kisses was no exception.
Set around the Ho Ho Ho Patrol, the romance between Lily and her best friend's older brother, Justin, who happens to be a police officer (and apparently a very good looking one at that), was quite believable. You could truly recognise and feel that there was a strong connection and chemistry between Lily and Justin. There are of course moments of
Helois
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, for this fun,cute, clean and slightly sappy story. In other word this could be a Hallmark Christmas movie.. in fact it should be. A lighthearted read that touches on some serious issues such as PTSD.

The police department in an effort to show the softer/nicer face, has chosen Justin to play Santa, a job he is not thrilled about. He's even less thrilled because the "elf" that's assigned to him, is his little sisters long ago best friend recently returned to town, to be a reporter for t
P.e. lolo
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story opens with police officer and Mr. Scrooge himself, Justin Weaver is now on Ho, Ho, Ho, kringle duty playing Santa and also collecting toys for the needy kids in town. Waiting for the parade to start is informed that a reporter will be going along with him. When that reporter turns out to be Lilly Maddox his sister’s childhood friend who he feels abandon them after their father died he does not want her around. He always liked her when they were growing up but ten years later he is stil ...more
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Mistletoe Kisses is one of those stories that you could easily imagine as a Christmas movie. It has all the earmarks that would play out well on film. It’s a combination romance in the sense of lighthearted, laugh out loud moments – and some deeper issues, often part of the past that must be dealt with before any happy ending is possible for Justin and Lilly.

I have to be blunt and say that although I did connect with Lilly, it was often difficult to connect with Just
Tracey
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
* I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own *

This is the story of Justin Weaver, a cop who has been chosen to be the next Officer Kringle for Christmas, only one problem, he hates Christmas until he is stuck together in the Kringlemobile with reporter and childhood best friend of his sister, Lilly Maddox.
Justin always had a thing for Lilly but couldn’t go there with her being BFF with his sister. Now he is stuck in a car with her and sparks are flying.
This was a
Lori
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a clean, refreshingly sweet story! Lilly and Justin have known each other forever, who were friends but maybe always felt a little something more. Fast forward several years and those feelings are still there, but with a little apprehension. Things have changed for both of them. Justin does not feel he can be what Lilly needs. But they are absolutely cute together and a perfect fit. My heart went out to both of them. Justin because of the loss he strongly felt with his father's passing and ...more
Jeanne
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Officer Justin Weaver doesn't feel the holiday spirit, so when he's forced to represent the police as the annual Cop Kringle he is anything but pleased.
Lilly Maddox is trying to find a way to make herself a home where she grew up, but first she has to nail down a job. And when she realizes her assignment takes her snack into Justin things get a little complicated.
Really, what are a few kisses under the mistletoe between childhood friends?
Karen Roma
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The best way to describe this wonderful Christmas novella is “sweet”. The storyline is great with an easy ebb and flow, and the characters are heart-warming and real. I loved the relationship between Justin and Lilly, but the support cast add valuable depth to the story as well. Marnie Blue has a writing style that is interesting and consuming, without being over the top. I recommend this book as a warm, heartfelt, and festive read.
Valerie
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
There’s nothing like a good Christmas book to get you out of the after Halloween funk and ready for the holidays. I read this in one sitting and I’m so glad I did so cause it got me all the more excited for the holidays and it put me in a “let’s decorate everything in sight” mood.

I loved how short and sweet this story was, practically no drama and all the Christmas type tropes that just put you in a great mood. Definitely a great Christmas read!
Mags
Mistletoe Kisses is the sort of story that would put even the Grinch in a festive mood. As it's packed full of festive cheer. Not to mention it's entertaining, super cute, and fast paced. And it left me with a big smile on my face.

**I was kindly provided with an ARC by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review**
Shannon Godwin
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Christmas books & movies! I could read them any time of the year. This book did not disappoint at all. This book made me feel like it belongs on the Hallmark channel. This is my first book from this author but it won’t be the last.
This is a book that you will fall in love with the characters & get into the Christmas spirit with!
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
Get ready to hear the sleigh bells jingle! Prepare yourself for laughter and romance in this story of an officer forced to play Santa, and the hot elf from his past that's too tempting for his own good. A great read for the holidays!
Jacki
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun
This is my first book by Marnie Blue.

What I liked:
The writing style
The characters
Some funny dialogue
Standalone
HEA

I look forward to reading more from this author.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story!
Kirstie Ibrahim
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet story with good characters. Quick and easy read. Just missing something special for me.
Kristin
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review."

Loved this book very much. It had just enough sweet romance and the storyline was great! I highly recommend!
Melena Torretta
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

A holiday romance that feels a little like a Hallmark movie. They suck me in every year at the holidays, and the likeness made Wrapped Up in You a fun read.

Justin is not happy to be playing the role of Santa for the police department. He's even less happy when he finds out the reporter he's working with is his younger sister's childhood best friend., Lilly.

There were a few plot points that didn't feel quite realistic with Justin's job and Lilly's news stories. Since the holidays are all
ReneeB
Nov 13, 2018
Marija
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you have an ugly weather outside but you are having perfect time wrapped in warm blanked and this sweet story is keeping your attention all the way...there is nothing more that you need, maybe hot chocolate...
I really enjoyed while reading. Story was easy to read thanks to the authors writing style and characters were likable.
This is my first book by Marnie Blue and it won't be my last.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
A cute and sweet read that will be sure to get you into the Christmas Spirit. If you like Hallmark Christmas movies and sweet love stories, then this is a good book for you!
Becky Burciaga
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet and charming Christmas story that isn’t by any means deep, but it is quite entertaining. There’s plenty of feel good, warm fuzzies thrown together with humor and snark. At times the dialog was a bit stilted, but I found as the story progress that seemed to dissipate. What the characters lacked in depth and dimension, their shared history and familiarity picked up the slack and created an odd sort of dynamic that seemed to work for the overall storyline.

This ARC book was complimentary, p
Melinda
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect book for the holidays. Do love a great Christmas story and this is definitely one of them. This story is sweet, sexy and very well written and really grabs you and doesn’t let go till the very end of the book. Marnie Blue has done such amazing job with this book that I will definitely be on the look out for future books by her.
Reading with Cats
Dec 02, 2018
Marnie hates having her picture taken; thus she looks like a deer in the headlights in most photos.

When she's not hiding from the camera, she's cooking keto meals for her law enforcement officer husband and three kids, or scaling the mountain of laundry her family continually creates.

Basically, she's a regular trapped-at-home mom, except she's got other people living in her head, demanding she l