Start by marking “The Hollows Awakening (Beyond the Veil #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hollows Awakening (Beyond the Veil #1)

The Hollows Awakening

(Beyond the Veil #1)

I thought I was out for a night of fun with the love of my life, Ebbin.
My best friend Blue had other plans. She added a little something
extra in our drinks. Something meant for Ebbin and I. A lust spell.
We ended up taking three men home that night.
Now eight weeks later, we find out we’re pregnant.
We’re ecstatic, that is until we run into the three men we thought, were
Published October 1st 2018 (first published September 7th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Hollows Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hollows Awakening

Start your review of The Hollows Awakening (Beyond the Veil #1)
T.
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting worldbuilding. I enjoyed the mix of supernatural and myth. Hollows Awakening had a nice fast pace, and the characters had some great banter. A few too many coincidences, so there could have been more complexity. There are some irritating typos and grammar that may annoy grammar nerds, a proofread would be helpful, but I liked the storyline, so I skipped over them.
Duffette (Page Reaper Book Blog)
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Oh Trina, I have such a lady boner for you. This is an amazing story. It's also very unique. So little unknown fact about me - I'm not a fan of pregger books. Because, well. Meh, I don't have kids so I can't relate. BUT, and this is a huge but, like baby got back BUT...

I Loved Mira. Yes, she finds out she's preggers on the first page (no, that's not a spoiler - read the blurb, with love) but the preggers doesn't take the center stage. I kinda forgot she was preggers for portions of the book. Ye
Dominique
I love Valkyrie books, who does not love a strong female who doesn’t take crap and kicks butt, said no one ever! I loved this book!!! It is enchanting to learn of the different paranormal groups introduced. The opening of this book hooks the reader and keeps them struggling at midnight to stay up and finish the rest! The storyline is developed, there is a bit of the unknown, but it adds to the base of the story it does not deter from it.

The main heroine of this tell is a “Hollow” or a human nam
Flaflinko
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Must read!

In The Hollows Awakening we're immediately thrown into the story of Mira finding out about her pregnancy after an evening of some magic enhanced fun with her boyfriend/love of her life and 3 other males. From here on out we learn about the others, hollows and the general mood is set.

Throughout this book we learn bits and pieces of the different characters and the world as it is (the Conclave seems sketchy AF).

The main goal? Keeping everyone safe and find out more about Mira's heritage
Kimdeal
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!! Trina Bates knocked it out of the park with her very first book. The story line is unique, just like the characters. It is very well written and keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time. I hated putting it down because I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next!! Unfortunately I must eat and go to work! Damn you work!

I recommend this book to anyone who wants to read an exciting, unique, fun, emotional, loving, funny, tear at your heart strings book!

Great job!
Peggy Carney
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

To be honest, I was on the fence about reading this because the description mentions pregnancy and I usually don't like to read a book with pregnancy in it but I listened to some friends and decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did! This is a good story of love, friendship, and self discovery. The pregnancy doesn't take away from the story or romance. It was very easy to read and I'm very glad I chose to read it. I would definately recommend this book to others to read.
April Bock
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Witty, sassy and fun!

This story is so captivating. The author took the time to really show you amazing character development and set up a creative world full of mythology and wonder. I don't do spoilery reviews because I feel that it takes the magic, intrigue and mystery away. What I will say is that is a must read and I am Jonesing for book two!!
Linda Knoll
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow just wow. I don't even know where too start as I am blown away by this book. Trina did such a wonderful job. As soon as I got through the first chapter I was completely hooked. I definitely loved the humor and the suspense of what is going too happen. I definitely didn't want too put it down. I was sad when it ended too. Great job Trina.
Helle Gade
Ooooh, I really enjoyed this book. The only reason I put it down was dropping my reader on my face when I fell asleep.

It was a fast paced delightfull whirlwind/rollercoaster of emotions. I so getting book two to follow the adventure.

I highly recommend you check out this delicious morsel. You won't be disappointed.
Angelina Gard
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!

Trina has created a world that has me eagerly awaiting the next book!! Mira and her men (who are all amazing!!) have sucked me into an incredible adventure!! It’s a wonderful story with deep meaningful characters. I am on the edge of my seat to see what happens next!!
Ashley Martinez
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Epic

Wow this was such a great book been dying for shifter book lol i fell hard for the guys and I’m seriously hook Trina left a lot of go teaser for the next book that has me dying for the next release such a good read
Lori
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book has great bones and has some great potential but the execution wasn’t the greatest. It was wordy and had a lot of day to day task descriptions that didn’t push the story forward.
Cierra
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting start of a series!!

This book had me hooked from the beginning! I’m excited to Mira and her men’s relationship grow! On to book two!!
Beth DiLoreto
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This book is absolutely amazing. Love, love, love the character relationships and the world building. The mythology is on point and Im loving Cynide..
Claudia Coenen
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the fun way this has been written, also love the way that yes they feel good but don't jump blind. Can't wait to read book 2.
Alisha
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Decent read

I liked it. The characters were diverse enough to be interesting while still meshing together and there were plenty of “fun” times while not detracting from the story.
Casey bates
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Very very fun. Enjoyed it 100percent. Very creative writing. Great imagination. Loved it. So hugee very bigly its gonna be great
Vivian
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very engaging story with likeble characters and new world building.
Courtney
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Worth it

I didn’t know what to think when I first downloaded it...... but I fell in love after the first chapter. Totally worth it
Sam Cantwell
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun and amazing story

Absolutely brilliant, the story pulls you in and doesn't let go. The guys are hot, the lovin' is hot and the guys are hot. Read this, you won't regret it
Joann
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Loved The Hollows Awakening!

I’m sorry but I am not going to give you any spoilers because I do not want to ruin all the surprises that’s hidden inside this story!
So this is all I am going to say and that is I really don’t have the right words to describe this book except to say OMG I freaking loved it, it was absolutely amazing!!
I was completely hooked before I had even finished the first page and stayed hooked until I got to the end of the book!
Trina Bates has created an awesome mast
Jaime basham
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Always love finding a book thats a bit different to what ive read before and so far this one is hitting the spot!!! Love learning more about the cjaracters as it slowly comes out!!
noemy
Oct 14, 2018
Jennica Kamphus
Jan 15, 2020
K. Lynn
rated it did not like it
Jun 24, 2019
Dec 08, 2018
Georgia McGregor
May 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Wolf At My Door (Pack Heat, #1)
  • SSS: Year Two (Supernatural Spy School, #2)
  • Wild Magic (Iron Serpent Chronicles, #2)
  • Rival (The Aces, #1)
  • A Tail of Woah (The Fox and the Hounds #1)
  • Caged Magic (Iron Serpent Chronicles, #1)
  • Adversary (The Aces, #2)
  • Enemy (The Aces, #3)
  • A Call To Pride (Unsung Veil, #1)
  • First Moon (Lovin' the Coven #1)
  • Cry Wolf (Pack Heat, #2)
  • Awaken (Phoenix Academy Beginnings #1)
  • Smoke and Wishes (Best Wishes #1)
  • A Demon's Horns (Vice College for Young Demons, #1)
  • Control of Five (Origins of the Six, #2)
  • Entrapment: Hidden Dragon Omegaverse
  • Raven Blood (The Red Masques, #1)
  • Lost & Found
Trina was born in Washington State, but moved to Arizona to become a Motorcycle Mechanic. During her years in school she met her now husband, and has since moved to Texas. She lives there with her husband, three boys, three cats and three dogs! (she like the number 3). She is an avid reader and is just starting her career in writing! She loves paranormal romance, and anything that gets her mind in ...more

Beyond the Veil (4 books)
  • The Others Ascension (Beyond the Veil #2)
  • The Demons Advantage (Beyond the Veil #3)
  • The Valkyrie's Promise (Beyond the Veil #4)

News & Interviews