Start by marking “Sweet Heat (The Blue-Collar Lover Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Heat (The Blue-Collar Lover Series #3)

Sweet Heat

(Blue-Collar Lover #3)

The Blue-Collar Lover Series

They don’t wear suits, but the five Carter brothers work hard to earn a day’s pay—and keep the right woman satisfied . . .

No one turns out luscious pies and to-die-for cakes like Marvin Carter. Few outside of the family know about his baking skills, but working as a restaurant line cook is getting old fast. Now he’ll do whatever it takes to
Published June 25th 2019 by Dafina

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Heat

Kelsie
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-read
Sweet Heat
Zuri Day

Sweet Heat by Zuri Day is book three in her Blue-Collar Lover series. I’m new to this author, but I really enjoyed this novel which reads as a standalone.

Marvin Carter and Naomi Carson both love to cook and have entered a cooking contest where the prize is a food truck and $50,000 to start their business. The two hit it off immediately. The relationship should be simple and straightforward, but there are surprising twists in store for our lead characters.

Sweet Heat is very w
Lover of Romance
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Marking this as DNF.
I received an advance copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

DNF @ 40%

Content notes:

(view spoiler)
Carmen Blalock
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Competition is healthy, at least good competition is.  When you have two or more people trying to reach a common goal then as long as no one gets hurt then everything is good.  What happens when signals get crossed and misunderstandings happen? Or better yet lies, rumors and speculations occur, how do you deal with that? Do you deal with it head on or do you walk away and don't do anything?

Naomi Carson is a beautiful woman both inside and out and she has a caring spirit.  She loves her family an
Brenda  Larnell
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, there was DRIVING HEAT, then PACKING HEAT, and now SWEET HEAT. In this series, the creative Zuri Day features the Carters, your average working-class family composed of some fine Carter men. What’s so alluring about this series is that these men are not uber-handsome multimillionaire moguls who travel in circles that the average reader can only dream about. The Carter heroes are the type of men you might meet while riding city transit or purchasing stamps at the Post Office.
As a matter o
Big Black Chapters
I received this book as an ARC through Netgalley.

I am a sucker for sweet and sappy - or should I say sassy in this book's case - love stories. I am also a big time foodie! This book had all the elements to pull me in and keep my attention. This is my first read from Zuri Day and it will definitely not be my last.

The two lead characters - Naomi and Marvin - were like able and lovable throughout the story. I found them both to be relatable and honest. I enjoyed the food competition aspect of the
Shavonna Futrell
Sweet Heat is the third Installment in the Blue Collar series. Marvin Carter is a beast in the kitchen and everyone loves his cooking and thinks he should enter a contest to win $50,000 and a Food Truck. Naomi Carson learn to cook from her Nana and she is determined to prove to everyone that she is best the cook and should win the contest and food truck, falling for her number one competitor was not in the deal.

I really enjoyed Marvin and Naomi’s story, I loved the fun they had with each other
Shavonna Futrell
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it

Helen Williams
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marvin Carter is a marvel at baking pies and cakes. Very few are aware of his skills. But working as a restaurant line cook is not doing it for him anymore. Marvin is willing to do whatever it takes to win the start-up money from a cooking contest in order to launch his own business. But his prime competition is making things "HOT" all around for him.

Naomi Carson is a whiz at making her soul food. She is confident that she can win this contest and will use all her skills against Marvin to take f
Chermaine
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want someone to call me Jucy!Lol(You have to read it to find out!)
Loved this and cannot say enough about how well written this was.
My only criticism is that towards the end, there were some loose ends, but that doesn't detract from the book.
While this is not my first time reading a book by this author, and certainly not my last, this is my favorite so far.
Great ending and, what I believe to be a good summer read(Beach included or not).
Raytarsha Bell
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book overall. Both characters Marvin & Naomi played well off each other. it was a great relief to see the every day woman story. Often the author has away of wishing you were apart of the special families in her books. The Carter family members are funny and considerable, while presenting a strong family connection. Can't wait to reunite with the remaining brothers.
Jennifer Copeland
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Heat was an awesome book! I enjoyed it so much that I couldn't put the book down until I finished reading it! Zuri Day brought the heat to Sweet Heat! I enjoyed the storyline and the chemistry between Naomi and Marvin! I just love how Zuri write her heroines as plus size women! Sweet Heat is a Fantastic read!
Carolyn J.
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blue-collar is Sexy

This blue collar series is one of the best regular folks series. I loved the camaraderie between the two competing cooks. Carter and Carson made for an excellent business merger.
Donna Scoggins
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Food Truck Love

Another great blue collar Carter man with a culinary jones! It doesn’t take him long to flush out the competition in more ways than one. I’m hungry after reading this book!
Cynthia Taylor
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Savory

Naomi is all that! Marvin is centered, grounded and ambitious. This journey is comical, sweet and heartwarming! And the food. I’m headed to the kitchen!
#cillasbookmaniacs
LaKenya Robertson-Smith
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was worth waiting for. Loved the relationship of the families.... Now I want to know what happens with Kristy.....
Myrlita Clark
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalleyarc
A little long, but pretty solid.
Sheila L. Massey
Laronda
Jul 08, 2019
Adrienne
Jul 07, 2019
Zuri Day is a hopeful romantic. She believes in happy endings, half-full glasses and dreams coming true. That's why she's thrilled to be a contributing writer to this genre...one of her favorites!

Zuri doesn't remember exactly how old she was when she picked up her first romance novel, but she does remember it was love at first sight. "It was probably a Harlequin," she recalled during a recent inte

Blue-Collar Lover (3 books)
  • Driving Heat (Blue-Collar Lover #1)
  • Packing Heat (Blue-Collar Lover #2)