Start by marking “On His Bended Knee: a Sweet Marriage of Convenience series (The Brides of Purple Heart Ranch Book 1)” as Want to Read:

She needed a place to stay. He needed to save his ranch. Together they just might make a home.

Sgt. Dylan Banks lost more than just his leg in the war. His fiancée and family turned their backs on him as well. Now, he’s determined to create a safe place where wounded warriors like himself can heal. But a hidden zoning law requires all residents of the Purple Heart Ranch
Published October 11th 2018 by Those Johnson Girls

To ask other readers questions about On His Bended Knee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On His Bended Knee

Alice
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This starts with a sympathetic vet assistant. She loses her job and home because of taking too many dogs home with her. To save herself and the therapy ranch for disabled veterans, she enters into a marriage of convenience.
Nikki
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
On His Bended Knee by Shanae Johnson is a 4 star read.
Dylan Banks is a war veteran, when he came home injured his fiancée and his parents turned their back on him as he now didn’t fit into their “ideal” world. Moving to the Purple Heart Ranch along with other wounded vets, who he now classes as his family, he’s happy with his life or is he?? When he’s told that the grounds he want to buy have been set out for families Dylan knows he needs to do what he can to keep the Ranch for his new family.
Shala Scarlato Bolt
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Okay so, first of all stories like this normally aren't my cup of tea. But this one touched my heart a little. Currently I am studying to be a Vet Tech so I was able to strongly relate Maggie. I also worked with horses for a good amount of time. So this story really piqued my interest. I also come from a military family! So it was almost like I was supposed to come across this book!

I enjoyed the story, it was short, sweet and was able to keep my attention. I wouldn't say I would seek out the re
Kelly
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really thought that this was a well-written book about a difficult subject. Wounded veterans are living on a ranch where they are rehabilitating both their bodies and souls.

Their psychologist on the ranch, Dr. Patel, is also a minister at a church where Maggie has been a member. Maggie has lost her job and home due to the wounded animals that she’s adopted. Dylan, the owner and founder of the ranch finds out that they lose the ranch if they don’t have wives so he’s decided to find a wife of c
Ema Hack
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shanae Johnson, On His Bended Knee is the first book in the brides of Purple Heart Ranch
series. If the rest of the series is as good as this first book, Ms. Johnson is going to have a winner of a series. Book one is about Sgt. Dylan Banks a wounded warrior and his bride of convenience veterinary technician, Maggie Shaw. Dylan is forced to find a bride quickly, due to an obscure zoning law requiring all the residents of the Purple Heart Ranch to be married. Maggie is desperate to find a home afte
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This clean, sweet and touching story is the start of the new series titled The Brides of Purple Heart Ranch. A ranch for veterans that have been injured physically, mentally and emotionally. A place for healing, that is safe and peaceful.
.It’s a story that at times is heartbreaking but also heartwarming and thought provoking. A reminder that as a society we need to do more for the brave men and women who are willing sacrifice themselves for us in the name of freedom.
Both Dylan Banks, the owner
Betty Johnson
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This ia a beautiful story of a wounded soldier leased a ranch to try to help other wounded vets heal from the physical and mental injuries they received in the war. Then just when he thought he could buy the ranch the zoning committee said that in order to keep the ranch their had to be married persons living on the ranch. The psychiatrist/preacher listened to a lonely girl that was just evicted from her apartment because she had too many disabled dogs. She also lost her job as a vet tech becaus ...more
Isha Coleman
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Out of a heartbreaking story, comes a truly inspirational message. One emotional journey, two unforgettable characters and an exceptionally gifted author make a winning combination. On His Bended Knee is more than just a sappy love story. Johnson uses Dylan and Maggie to inspire hope at a time neither have any left. Out of desperation grows a bond that becomes the salve that mends the body, mind and spirit of two broken souls. Neither life or love is perfect, but beauty surrounds us even in the ...more
Cynthia L. Turner
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet: Dylan and Maggie

A beautiful novel about a lonely young lady and a wounded veteran. Dylan is a wounded veteran, that helps wounded veterans, when he meets, (vet technician) Maggie Shaw, he is smitten. Maggie is a lovely young woman that loves animals and always wants to help people and animals. With the help of Dr. Patel ( who is also the Pastor of a local Church), life on The Purple Heart Ranch gets interesting. A very heartwarming novel that will keep the reader's attention and interest
Penny Leidecker
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic start to the Brides of Purple Heart Ranch series. This first book centers around Dylan and Maggie. Dylan comes home from Afghanistan missing a leg. Maggie is a vet tech, but loses her job after taking a dog home, that she was supposed to put down. Dylan is waiting for the sale to go through on the ranch, but gets some bad news. Can a marriage of convenience be the answer to their problems? We also get to meet the other men living at the ranch and learn what they’re dealing with. ...more
Danielle Carpenter
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very sweet story, about a woman with no job and evicted from her apartment for too many dogs. It's about a man who served our country and lost his leg. It's also about a bunch of veterans trying to make a ranch their home. One marriage of convenience to save the ranch, and two people find they have a lot in common. Love heals Maggie and Dylan's soul. Dylan finds with Maggie he can overcome his spiritual injuries.
Lori R
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This compassionate story really made me think of our wounded veterans and hope there are ranches where they can recuperate and feel whole again and feel accepted. I enjoyed this story for that reason. The characters of Dylan Banks and Maggie Shaw really pull you into the story, especially Maggie. I cannot imagine a childhood like hers and felt such compassion for her. I received an advance copy of this book and I willingly chose to write an honest review.
Patricia
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. The hero is a wounded vet, who starts a ranch to help the other wounded vets in his former unit live in peace and self-sufficiency in private. The heroine is a veterinary assistant who, against her boss's orders, has spirited away five wounded dogs destined for euthanasia, and has lost her job and home as a result. Very lovely, emotional story.
Cassandra Jackson
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
So many souls to heal - I'm in.

Really enjoyed this story.
Wanted it to end with repairing the spirits of the people in Maggie's old life.
The story is so full of helpfulness and encouragement, something that I think a lot of us are missing today.
It is a reminder that there are people in your corner even when the space feels empty.
Pauline Frost
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot wait to see where this series is going. The first book here is one adventure you do not want to miss out on. Dylan and Maggie have big hearts and plenty of friends to watch over them. A well written perfectly paced story pulling you in from the start.
Caroline
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was a fantastic book. Dylan and Maggie were very relatable. This was such a feel good story that it keeps you flying pages. I’m very impressed with this author and I look forward to many more books from her.
Nati
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can so broken souls heal each other while trying to save a magically place? Can Dylan, ex-army without a leg after a very serious injury while in duty, and Maggie, vet technician, without a job, family or home, have a future together even with a convenience’s marriage? A sweet love story.
Meleeta Morris
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book about returning military men.

Dylan is recuperating with his friends on the Purple Heart Ranch. They have to get married to stay on the ranch do to a zoning law. None of them think they can have love especially Dylan.
Amy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
On His Bended Knee is the first installment from The Brides of Purple Heart Ranch. I thought it was a great read and I look forward to book two. I give this one four stars.
I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Norma D. Ninfadore
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story.

Shanae you have a GOD given talent. This story was precious. Each person was so likeable and the dogs as well. The story was so good and interesting. I read it in two sessions not wanting to put it down. Looking forward to next story. Cried at the end --so good!
Cindy Rippentrop
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heart touching

A touching story of a veteran trying to do what is right for his men who came back from war not quite whole in one way or another, a woman who rescues the broken animals who enter her life and what happens when their life is intersects.
Stephanie Herron
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short but sweet

The story isn't long but it is well written. The characters all have battle scars in one way or another and it will be interesting to see how the series progresses
Sandra Webb
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! Can’t wait to read more in the series!!!
Janet
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very heart warming story. There is truly someone for everyone. I cried a lot but I loved it. I received a complimentary review copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
charmaine White
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Read

I liked this story just wish it had been a little longer.I'll be reading the rest of this series.Really looking forward to it.
Sonnetta
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A heartwarming story

I enjoyed this story about overcoming and adapting after tragedy. This is a great beginning for this series of soldiers and the women they will love.
Donna Campbell
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet

This was a good story about the scars people carry, both physically and mentally. It was a sweet, clean romance.
Benita Anderson
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Love

This book needs more of a plot. It is very short, the author could have gone into a few more details.
nancy stinson